Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:30 AM

Title is pretty much self explanitory.

If yes why?
I think it'll make a great spot giving the player the possibility to maybe work with Grand Theft Autos president in the white house. And I bet there are many places to visit as well.

Jayd101
  • Jayd101

Proud to be a Kiwi

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:32 AM

Yeah, I think it'll be a good idea. biggrin.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:40 AM

thatd actually be a pretty good place lots of interesting stuff and plenty of crime

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:40 AM

it's got nothing to go on other than OOH THE WHITE HOUSE. DC is pretty boring

maxopower
  • maxopower

I believe!

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:20 AM

I donít like it, when I think of DC, I think of The White House, Super Mutants and Marvin Gay in red cap drawing creepy comics.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:43 PM

Nah, DC looks kind of boring. It looks better in NCIS and thats cause it's filmed in California.

Besides R* might p*ssy out and not let you have planes in case you try to fly them into the white house. The media will be like OMFG! You can kill the president in the latest gta!!!

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (maxopower @ Feb 18 2010, 11:20)
I donít like it, when I think of DC, I think of The White House, Super Mutants and Marvin Gay in red cap drawing creepy comics.

Haha Fallout 3? lol.gif

But nah, It seems to be quite a boring place...

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILLēuhējee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

Not to mention the MASSIVE amounts of criticism it will receive.

Jack Thompson will strap on metal armor and suicide attack Rockstar Games headquarters.

Games like Fallout 3, Splinter Cell: Conviction work better there.

GTABlackKnight
  • GTABlackKnight

Respect the Old-School

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:26 AM

cool.gif that's actually a good idea.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:33 PM

Besides the fact that GTA is historialically a satire of American culture and while R* has covered the other two major spots of said culture ( LA and NYC) they have yet to do D.C which would add the political aspect in all out. Think of all the things, assassianations, the CIA, FIB, U.L Paper, terrorism and crazy senators and corporatations to work for. I think if it was set there they shouldn't even deal with little gangs, instead it should mainly deal with a D.C power struggle or some crap. Anyway it would be cool.
  • SkyWest1218 likes this

bigg z
  • bigg z

Things will be different...

• Members

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Feb 19 2010, 18:33)
Besides the fact that GTA is historialically a satire of American culture and while R* has covered the other two major spots of said culture ( LA and NYC) they have yet to do D.C which would add the political aspect in all out. Think of all the things, assassianations, the CIA, FIB, U.L Paper, terrorism and crazy senators and corporatations to work for. I think if it was set there they shouldn't even deal with little gangs, instead it should mainly deal with a D.C power struggle or some crap. Anyway it would be cool.

Yeah, I actually find D.C. pretty interesting. The corrupt politicians especially, they could easily provide many missions for the protagonist.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

• Members

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (bigg z @ Feb 21 2010, 04:25)

Yeah, I actually find D.C. pretty interesting. The corrupt politicians especially, they could easily provide many missions for the protagonist.

Then do you remember the C.I.A missions in SA? Weren't they fun? Now think about a whole game with sh*t like that.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Feb 21 2010, 05:37)

Then do you remember the C.I.A missions in SA? Weren't they fun? Now think about a whole game with sh*t like that.

Which C.I.A. missions?

Damn, I haven't played San Andreas in a while... mercie_blink.gif

maxopower
  • maxopower

I believe!

• Members

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:33 AM

Only dealing with crooked politicians will get boring. The great thing about GTA, is that you get to see many different sides of the same city. In GTA IV you had the Russians, the Jamaicans, the Porto Ricans, , the UL Paper things, the afro gangs of Holland/Harlem, the Irish, the Arabs, the Italians, the cops, the Jews, the bikers, even the fags.

You donít think just having the CIA and the politicians would be boring?

Aussiedesperado
  • Aussiedesperado

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:17 AM

It might be a borring place but when u think about it R* could do some funny shi t with it. Like make fun of the memorials and like insted of the Lincon memorial its like a Giant Dildo or something hahahaha

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:32 AM

It's the Washington memorial that looks like a dildo. Any way I think corrupt politicians and C.I.A would get boring if thatís all they had, now it they had a group of conspires theorizing hippie that had you break into the pentagon to steal secret documents thrown in it and other criminals would be fun.

But I just can't see GTA takeing place in D.C.

bigg z
  • bigg z

Things will be different...

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (maxopower @ Feb 21 2010, 02:33)

Only dealing with crooked politicians will get boring. The great thing about GTA, is that you get to see many different sides of the same city. In GTA IV you had the Russians, the Jamaicans, the Porto Ricans, , the UL Paper things, the afro gangs of Holland/Harlem, the Irish, the Arabs, the Italians, the cops, the Jews, the bikers, even the fags.

You donít think just having the CIA and the politicians would be boring?

That's true. DC probably wouldn't work as a stand alone city in GTA, so I don't know, maybe thrown in Baltimore and some other surrounding cities to make it work. biggrin.gif

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:11 AM

I think some bits of DC could be too media sensitive; places like the Pentagon and The White house being there for one. Also the memorials, a lot of people would probably find it really offensive and disrespectful if R* took the piss out of the memorials - which they most likely would.

Not just this but I don't think DC would be very fun anyway...

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:24 AM

How would C.I.A missions, F.I.B missions, Presidential Missions, Legislative Missions, Media Missions, Assassianation missions, Police, Mega Corportations and Drug and Gun trafficers to deal with and a corrupt police department get old? Every GTA since 1 has mainly dealt with gangs, why can't the series do something different for once? Plus the fact that the D.E.A could be corrupt and would deal with gangs. And some said, "Well in GTA 4 they dealt with a large list of different groups." You act as if the list above isn't large or different. Now the missions for Mike were the CIA missions in SA, and they were some of my favorite in GTA history. GTA D.C would be amazing.

mubd
  • mubd

Comfort Wipe Pedaler

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:02 AM

If it is set in Washington DC, there probably won't be planes, or else Jack Thompson and some other sensational bullsh*tizers (Fox News, etc.) will claim that you have to fly a plane into the Whitehouse/Pentagon/Capitol Hill/Washington Monument as part of a mission.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:27 AM

Well, it would have to be more than just DC itself. Basically all that is DC is Capitol Hill and a ton of residential. Imagine a whole game set in Shoreside Vale. Also, the Pentagon isn't located in DC proper, its across the Potomac River in Arlington County, Virginia.

Without Arlington, the game would have to be a basic espionage game. That just isn't GTA. However, if you do add Arlington, you could have the Rosslyn, Courthouse, Ballston, Pentagon City, and Crystal City districts along with Capitol Hill in order to make a decent GTA.

Also to note, there already was a Rockstar game that took place in "Capitol City" at the mall, it was called "State of Emergency".

maxopower
  • maxopower

I believe!

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Feb 22 2010, 02:24)
How would C.I.A missions, F.I.B missions, Presidential Missions, Legislative Missions, Media Missions, Assassianation missions, Police, Mega Corportations and Drug and Gun trafficers to deal with and a corrupt police department get old? Every GTA since 1 has mainly dealt with gangs, why can't the series do something different for once? Plus the fact that the D.E.A could be corrupt and would deal with gangs. And some said, "Well in GTA 4 they dealt with a large list of different groups." You act as if the list above isn't large or different. Now the missions for Mike were the CIA missions in SA, and they were some of my favorite in GTA history. GTA D.C would be amazing.

But dos it really matter for most people, if itís the FBI, the CIA or the DEA? They all feel kind of the same, unlike the Russians, the Jamaicans and the Italians.

Not for you Bob: Please stop using the media, as an apology for not setting next in DC. Since when did Rockstar start carrying about Jack Thomson, Ratings, and confused and miss informed news reporters.

In fallout 3, you ran down the mall, shooting limbs of, stealing the Declaration of Independence, and selling slaves.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

Well I've been thinking about creating a D.C based thread in which the D.E.A is creating and spreading a new drug called Spank wink.gif The F.I.B would have you concentate on taking over the gun and drug trade. While the C.I.A would have you help them fight "terrorism" ( Which would include some off map missions like that SA were you fly to Liberty. For an example the character flys to Cnetral Baghdad for a few missions or something.) The president would be a Nixion type follow having you kill or sabotoce political oppenents and so on. I think every mission giver would have there role.

And your right about the media you could do a lot of crazy crap in D.C in fallout ( techinally shoot children even though they don't die) and no matter were the next GTA is set the media will bitch and moan.

maxopower
  • maxopower

I believe!

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Feb 22 2010, 22:52)
Well I've been thinking about creating a D.C based thread in which the D.E.A is creating and spreading a new drug called Spank wink.gif The F.I.B would have you concentate on taking over the gun and drug trade. While the C.I.A would have you help them fight "terrorism" ( Which would include some off map missions like that SA were you fly to Liberty. For an example the character flys to Cnetral Baghdad for a few missions or something.) The president would be a Nixion type follow having you kill or sabotoce political oppenents and so on. I think every mission giver would have there role.

And your right about the media you could do a lot of crazy crap in D.C in fallout ( techinally shoot children even though they don't die) and no matter were the next GTA is set the media will bitch and moan.

I think it would be a great game, and especially a great Rockstar made game, and thatís why Iím hyped, and sure about buying ďAgentĒ. But it just donít seam like a good concept for a GTA. Though I am looking forward to read your D.C. thread.

rk800
  • rk800

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (GTA4 Niko Bellic @ Feb 18 2010, 01:30)

If yes why?
I think it'll make a great spot giving the player the possibility to maybe work with Grand Theft Autos president in the white house. And I bet there are many places to visit as well.

Washington DC would be very boring. It is very small , and the only place around it is Virginia, which would also be boring.

Bob_Dole
  • Bob_Dole

MiamiDoleô

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

I would say yes but then A. The map would be way too small & B. Planes would most definitely not be included.

JoshGTAfreak
  • JoshGTAfreak

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:50 AM

I would have it if GTA was based around alot of politics. It just isn't what GTA is about. It would just feel like R* are making an entirely different game and just calling it GTA just so it sells well.

A White CJ
  • A White CJ

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:48 AM

Why did you list FOX and no other news agencies? Most of that crap comes out of CNN and ABC, I rarely see FOX report something stupid like that.

GTA: Elizabeth

Play in the State of Elizabeth and the District of Erickson. The cities are (Baltimore), (Annapolis), and Capitol City.

Washington is just a ghetto if you go beyond the monuments. Missions could be both about the mostly black trash/some white trash living in there, mixed in with dealing with the Capitol Building's power struggles.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (rk800 @ Jul 23 2010, 18:34)
QUOTE (GTA4 Niko Bellic @ Feb 18 2010, 01:30)

If yes why?

Washington DC would be very boring. It is very small , and the only place around it is Virginia, which would also be boring.

you bumped a five month old topic for that??

II Goonah II
  • II Goonah II

The Bad Guy

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (WF the Hobgoblin @ Feb 18 2010, 13:43)
Nah, DC looks kind of boring. It looks better in NCIS and thats cause it's filmed in California.

Besides R* might p*ssy out and not let you have planes in case you try to fly them into the white house. The media will be like OMFG! You can kill the president in the latest gta!!!

QFT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users