Photo

GRAND THEFT AUTO V: VICE CITY

547 replies to this topic
GTAdedan
  • GTAdedan

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

Vice City without the Infernus!? cry.gif Hehe, I hope Rockstar is doing something similar 'cause I really love the idea now, especially the map. Looks like a perfect revamped Vice City to me. icon14.gif

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

The Yardies

• The Yardies

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

great work on the map. I would like to see this implemented on the next game

*goes to play vice city*

Swiechu
  • Swiechu

Slavic Gun Nut

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:41 PM

Very nice, but: Don't you think you have a bit too much Hip-Hop stations? And R* NEVER reuses tracks, and you certainly did. And about the weapons, I like the ones you chose, but for god's sake, XM8? P90? G36C? SCAR? Why don't you throw tactical nukes, thermal sights and sgt. Ramirez as your bodyguard while you're at it. A gangster game should have cheap, rather easy-to-obtain guns, not top-of-the-line weaponry.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:26 PM

@GTAdedan The infernus is in this tounge.gif The Dyablo is just another car by the same company smile.gif

@ Swiechu This is by no means a MW2 inspired game, I hate when people ask for things like "AC-130's" and whatnot. The P90 was in BoGT for a start. In my section about the weapons I detailed how the protagonist will only have access to the cheap guns for a large portion of the game, but when He's got loads of money from all his businesses and assets, why can't he buy a more modern weapon or two? I agree, some of the guns are over the top and some will be changed, The stinger is there to replace the HeatSeaker from SA and the XMB, SCAR and G36C appear to be popular weapons at the moment (most likely as a result of MW2, I agree). As I said in a prior post, I wanted even amounts of weapons for each set; not have 2 assault rifles, 4 shotguns and 5 SMG's or something - So i tried to keep it roughly the same, so some guns are - I admit - placefillers.

If you have better suggestions for some guns, feel free and I'll see if they permit a swap-out.

Swiechu
  • Swiechu

Slavic Gun Nut

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:09 PM

Sure I do, about ARs, think AK-47 should be replaced by type 56, or 56-1 (folding stock). Pretty much only differences are hooded front sights, and a bayonet lug, but the gun's much more accurate (real, soviet ak47 are pretty much collectors' items, not thugs' wokrhorses). And why not add a AK-74, or a variation (like polish Tantal or east german mpi). Maybe FN FAL as well? A bit 'tacticool', and way more believable. Same about L86, if I were to say what guns make it into the game, this wouldn't be one, but it's still better than XM8 etc. An interesting submachine gun would be PM-84 Glauberyt. And I'd replace M249 with M60, John Rambo FTW x]

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:15 PM

hey, can u mention that Elliot Spencer is a very well known businessman? and you hear on the news that he goes missing?

Emhyr
  • Emhyr

Dragon Age

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:28 PM

This is really nice work icon14.gif
Maybe more radio stations,with different types of music,and more cars.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Swiechu @ Feb 16 2010, 23:09)
Sure I do, about ARs, think AK-47 should be replaced by type 56, or 56-1 (folding stock). Pretty much only differences are hooded front sights, and a bayonet lug, but the gun's much more accurate (real, soviet ak47 are pretty much collectors' items, not thugs' wokrhorses). And why not add a AK-74, or a variation (like polish Tantal or east german mpi). Maybe FN FAL as well? A bit 'tacticool', and way more believable. Same about L86, if I were to say what guns make it into the game, this wouldn't be one, but it's still better than XM8 etc. An interesting submachine gun would be PM-84 Glauberyt. And I'd replace M249 with M60, John Rambo FTW x]

Well, I did a quick search for those guns and apparently the Type 56 is essentially a AK-47 chinese replica that went out of production in 1986?
The FN FAL doesn't seem too bad, I could possibly put that in and swap it out for something, same goes for the L86. I like the idea of an AK74 though, How about the shortened AKS-74U? I could swap something for one of those without there being too much repetition in models, as some of these guns could pretty much all use one model, they'd look near identical at the distance you view them from when buying them, using them or picking them up.

Could you possibly send me a PM saying which ones are the most "unlikely" or possibly put them in order of likely to unlikely, and offer variations for each that you feel should be removed and I'll see abouit getting some replacements.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:04 AM Edited by SammiiDoogles, 17 February 2010 - 04:40 AM.

UPDATE

Radio Los Santos and Radio Bohan have been merged into Global Rap Radio.
A few songs were removed to even it out, but the two stations are now one.
That get's rid of one "unorignal" station, means there aren't too many rap stations and also has made some room for a couple of upcoming more localized radio stations I have coming up wink.gif

Slaughtersound may also be getting cut aswell...

Thoughts, Anyone?

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:40 AM Edited by SammiiDoogles, 17 February 2010 - 04:43 AM.

-post removed, I edited the last post instead, Why isn't there an option to delete my own posts on here?-

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:43 AM

how bout some florida rap

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Feb 17 2010, 04:43)
how bout some florida rap

We'll see ;P Haha, so far I have playlists for 3 different radio stations. I just need to think of a name and see which ones are worth keeping.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:52 AM

Great job. This seems to be a dream Grand Theft Auto, hopefully Rockstar will see this and take it under consideration smile.gif

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (GTA4 Niko Bellic @ Feb 17 2010, 04:52)
Great job. This seems to be a dream Grand Theft Auto, hopefully Rockstar will see this and take it under consideration smile.gif

Haha, If only that would happen! tounge.gif

Glad you like it, keep an eye out - there's going to be some updates in the coming days biggrin.gif

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:44 AM

Love this i really do all it needs is a logo edit and a boxart and this will be a real work of art.

TGMOS
  • TGMOS

GTA IV Vehicle Expert

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

Wow, this has been very well thought out. I'm liking that map.

Wish this'd be what they were making, but unfortunately, not all dreams come true.

chrislittle56
  • chrislittle56

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:05 PM

This is amazin man - i probs will see you in the editing credits for the next GTA game smile.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:34 PM

@ Sammii.
You should also kick out two songs from Rewind FM.

Push it to the limit - Paul Engemann
She's on fire - Amy Holland

They are great songs, but they were already used in GTA III.

LateForTheSky
  • LateForTheSky

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:39 PM

Your map is amazing, how did you go about creating it? Likewise, how did you do the logo?

unknowngtafan
  • unknowngtafan

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:44 PM

These are the big ones, and by far the most dangerous. You can only rob each bank once (there are several around the city, varying in size meaning each give a different maximum payout). A failed robbery means an opportunity lost.
Attempting a bank robbery will result in a 6 star wanted level.
To start a robbery you can call up to 4 willing accomplices from your Phone, as soon as at least 1 agrees then a mission marker appears outside every bank in the city.
To start the robbery you simply walk into the mission marker, a small cut scene will be shown of you and the accomplices donning Balaclavas and wearing duffel bags.
Robberies can be performed in a number of ways; one way would be to storm in guns blazing. If you’re well enough equipped then this may work. This method would involve killing everyone within the bank, and either you or an accomplice blow the vault to get the cash (aim towards an accomplice and press UP to command them to get the cash). While you or the accomplice is getting the money, the rest will have to hold up against any police or law enforcement that will get inside the bank.
Robbing a bank will always result in 6 stars so this method may seem logical, but it could also be a big waste of ammo and could alert the police to arrive before you even begin to get the money.
Prior to the robbery, your team can be commanded to either go in all guns blazing (aim at one and press right) or go in slowly and reassure everyone and be as careful as possible (aim at one and press left) similar to four leaf clover.
If you decide to go in “all peaceful like” then there is a chance that no one will press an alarm or alert the police until you have the money, if this is the case then you will be able to make some of the journey away before someone alerts the police and you will be pursued. If they do alert the police then you can run for it with whatever money you have and not risk still being here when the police arrive (resulting in you having that extra time to escape, but with less money), or you can hold your ground and have more money but more police pressure.
More accomplices mean you have more protection and more chance of getting out alive, but also there are more people to split the money across.

Personally i dont like the idea of only being able to rob a bank once. How about 3-5 banks and each time you succesfully rob a bank the amount of protection increases. Therefore stopping people from just robbing bank after bank. Protection would go down to normal after say 10 in game days. After inwhich the banks protection will be back to normal but will have less money as you took at all.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (unknowngtafan @ Feb 17 2010, 21:44)
These are the big ones, and by far the most dangerous. You can only rob each bank once (there are several around the city, varying in size meaning each give a different maximum payout). A failed robbery means an opportunity lost.
Attempting a bank robbery will result in a 6 star wanted level.
To start a robbery you can call up to 4 willing accomplices from your Phone, as soon as at least 1 agrees then a mission marker appears outside every bank in the city.
To start the robbery you simply walk into the mission marker, a small cut scene will be shown of you and the accomplices donning Balaclavas and wearing duffel bags.
Robberies can be performed in a number of ways; one way would be to storm in guns blazing. If you’re well enough equipped then this may work. This method would involve killing everyone within the bank, and either you or an accomplice blow the vault to get the cash (aim towards an accomplice and press UP to command them to get the cash). While you or the accomplice is getting the money, the rest will have to hold up against any police or law enforcement that will get inside the bank.
Robbing a bank will always result in 6 stars so this method may seem logical, but it could also be a big waste of ammo and could alert the police to arrive before you even begin to get the money.
Prior to the robbery, your team can be commanded to either go in all guns blazing (aim at one and press right) or go in slowly and reassure everyone and be as careful as possible (aim at one and press left) similar to four leaf clover.
If you decide to go in “all peaceful like” then there is a chance that no one will press an alarm or alert the police until you have the money, if this is the case then you will be able to make some of the journey away before someone alerts the police and you will be pursued. If they do alert the police then you can run for it with whatever money you have and not risk still being here when the police arrive (resulting in you having that extra time to escape, but with less money), or you can hold your ground and have more money but more police pressure.
More accomplices mean you have more protection and more chance of getting out alive, but also there are more people to split the money across.

Personally i dont like the idea of only being able to rob a bank once. How about 3-5 banks and each time you succesfully rob a bank the amount of protection increases. Therefore stopping people from just robbing bank after bank. Protection would go down to normal after say 10 in game days. After inwhich the banks protection will be back to normal but will have less money as you took at all.

theres also gotta be less stars like for a store, 2. for a house, 3. and for a bank 4 and up or else its too hard and unrealistic

redlinehost
  • redlinehost

OffroadGamer

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:56 PM

Need some nice offroad trucks for the marshland smile.gif

Us GTAoffroader's need a place to call home.

GunR
  • GunR

Gun for hire

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

Dude, this is INCREDIBLE! This is probably the BEST, most thought out GTA V idea post I've ever seen! I just have a few small suggestions: one, I'm not sure a VCPD Coquette is the ideal VCPD vehicle. I see what you're trying to do there, but I think something like maybe a Cognoscenti would be a more ideal undercover car. Also, I think maybe if you added Digital Love by Daft Punk to the electronic station and maybe a '60s- '70s radio station with songs like Come Together (like someone else said) and other songs by The Beatles, Happy Together by the Turtles, just for irony while in trouble with the cops, Roundabout by Yes, etc. Oh, and to the '80s station, I think you should add Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears. I know how you said songs like those are a bit overplayed, but still, I think it's a pretty good idea.

Keep up the amazing work! Your ideas are awesome! smile.gif

SeraphimSoldier
  • SeraphimSoldier

Punishing Criminals

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:27 PM

I like the idea(s), man. Pretty amazing. Now how would anyone feel about have a fighting/combat system like The Warriors?

GunR
  • GunR

Gun for hire

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (SeraphimSoldier @ Feb 18 2010, 18:27)
I like the idea(s), man. Pretty amazing. Now how would anyone feel about have a fighting/combat system like The Warriors?

What's that combat like? I'd like to see what you mean, so could you post a link to a video showing the combat? Thx. smile.gif

SeraphimSoldier
  • SeraphimSoldier

Punishing Criminals

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

YouTube is your friend smile.gif

But, if you're too lazy too look it up, here's the video:

NOTE: Since this is next-gen, it could be a little more realistic.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:38 PM

@ Kwandilibro Yeah, I need to get round to a balanced tweaking of the wanted system, I'll get to that soon. I'll add a section on it smile.gif

@ redlinehost Knew I was missing something! I'll get in some tasty off-roaders for you bro, got any requests?

@ GunR Thanks man, really glad you like it! biggrin.gif The VCPD Coquette is not so much an under cover car specifically, just a sportier, faster cop car - that car's a real police car (although I have no idea where) they use them for high speed chases where a regular cruiser may not be able to keep up. They use the same sort of thing in Italy as far as I know, but with Lamborghini's haha
The two songs you suggested were fantastic, I added them - and as for the 60-70s station, I'll have to think about that one - I have 2 to 3 possible stations almost ready, so we'll see smile.gif

@ SeraphimSoldier That combat system looks good but just a tad too deep, I'll have to take a look at some more stuff and try and work one our, which will be coming in an upcoming update smile.gif

Big Updates coming soon biggrin.gif

gta_rulez
  • gta_rulez

Rockster Noord

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:44 PM

Seems like a great idea biggrin.gif. I like the sunny atmosphere of Vice City and the vehicles in your OP.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:54 PM

@ gta_rulez Thanks man biggrin.gif Glad you like it biggrin.gif

Small Update: Some new tracks added to REWINDfm and ELECTROLITE smile.gif and two tracks removed (She's on fire and Push it to the limit, as much as I love those songs; They've both been in GTA games before... It was time to let them go)

GunR
  • GunR

Gun for hire

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Feb 18 2010, 21:38)
@ GunR Thanks man, really glad you like it! biggrin.gif The VCPD Coquette is not so much an under cover car specifically, just a sportier, faster cop car - that car's a real police car (although I have no idea where) they use them for high speed chases where a regular cruiser may not be able to keep up. They use the same sort of thing in Italy as far as I know, but with Lamborghini's haha
The two songs you suggested were fantastic, I added them - and as for the 60-70s station, I'll have to think about that one - I have 2 to 3 possible stations almost ready, so we'll see smile.gif

haha only in Italy!
Thanks! Glad I could help! Can't wait to see what else you come up with! smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users