» «
Photo

GRAND THEFT AUTO V: VICE CITY

547 replies to this topic
Pac.
  • Pac.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Oct 27 2010, 15:35)
QUOTE (vertical limit @ Oct 27 2010, 15:15)
May i plz borrow the minigun,flamethrower,smoke grenade,taser and the chainsaw

Icons? No sorry, I make the graphics for my own stuff and I don't tend to let other people use stuff made specifically for my thread; it says it somewhere near the start of the first post I think.
I think theres another member who makes weapon icons; It might be Akavari but I might be getting usernames mixed up, if that is right then I'd ask him - his are better anyway.

Great work on the Map, it's the best detailed part.

Rojo89
  • Rojo89

Street Cat

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:38 PM

Hey man, great job on the thread, it's more detailed and complete thay i had seen.
Just a quick tought, the metal radio station could use more songs, something that is no all crazy screams (don't ge tme wrong i love those songs) but more variety wouldn't hurt.

Something Like this:
Ill Nino - Turns To Gray
Disturbed - Down With The Sickness
Godsmack - I Stand Alone
Killswith Engage - My curse
Machine Head - Halo
Mudvayne - Determined

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (Rojo89 @ Oct 31 2010, 23:38)
Hey man, great job on the thread, it's more detailed and complete thay i had seen.
Just a quick tought, the metal radio station could use more songs, something that is no all crazy screams (don't ge tme wrong i love those songs) but more variety wouldn't hurt.

Something Like this:
Ill Nino - Turns To Gray
Disturbed - Down With The Sickness
Godsmack - I Stand Alone
Killswith Engage - My curse
Machine Head - Halo
Mudvayne - Determined

Yeah man, I didn't wanna make that station too overpowering because it doesn't really fit the theme very much but it's there for people who prefer that sort of music ; I'll see about updating the radio stations and whatnot when I get time though - thanks for the heads up fella.

san andreas state
  • san andreas state

MERRY CHRISTMAS MUTHAPHUCKAAA!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:30 AM

when you gonna add more missions?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:14 AM Edited by finn4life, 02 November 2010 - 09:15 PM.

This is the best concept thread i have read, it is very well written, very detailed...and you added in a whole bunch of things i have always wanted to see.

I like all of your ideas of gameplay as they run parallel to mine especially the seatbelt option.

-Tapping the jump button while running towards a car bonnet will make the player slide across it onto the other side
-Combos will be introduced to the fighting system.
-To grab someone you hold down the punch button
-You can throw people by releasing the grab and flicking the stick in the direction to throw them
-Holding grab and a direction may trigger an environmental attack, for example smashing a head into a lamppost
-Haircuts can be purchased.
-You can get tattoos.
-Clothing stores will offer more variety and more options for clothing
-You can go underwater while swimming. A blue bar on the outer right of the minimap represents your lung capacity.
-If you hold the jump button when near an edge overlooking water, the protagonist will dive.
-When you drive into Pay and Spray a menu pops up for you to select your colour, or you can simply press Circle/B to exit with a random colour.
-Car modification makes a return, some Pay and Sprays will have the option to customize your car when you drive in.
-Bikes can now be modified also.
-Clothes will rip and tear with gunfire.
-PayPhones can be used if required.
-You can take part in Jet Ski races
-You can take part in street races (Bikes).
-You can take part in street races (Cars).
-Rampages return.
-You can spray paint walls, either with a stencil or freehand.
-Taxi, Paramedic, Beach Patrol, Firefighter, and Bus Driver side missions all return
-You will not instantly stop when a cop points a gun at you with 1 star, you will need to have stopped moving to put your hands up
-There will be a certain speed limit needed to hit a cop car to get 1 star, they won't come at you for just a scrape
-Some (smaller) trees will snap if you hit them at high speed or can be cut down with a Chainsaw
-Tree's will blow apart and leaves will ruffle when a Helicopter is nearby
-Weak walls can be smashed through with a car
-Explosives and heavy weapons will cause visible damage to the environment (resetting once you re-enter the area)
-Cruise control is available in most cars, making drive by's easier
-Waiting for a second when you enter a car will make the character put on a seatbelt (similar to bikes) and prevent flying out the windscreen.

Gangs-well done i like the idea of friendly and unfriendly gangs, depending on what you do to them.

Protection idea - That really is good (they should hire you at rockstar.) it would be a great way to make moeny, and would keep you busy as you would regularly check up on things, or have fun beating the crap out some punk-ass gangsters.

Burglaries - you have taken the classic burglaries from SA, and re-worked it, makes the whole experience seem more life like (some reality in games is good)

Bank robbing - nice, but it has to be supremely difficult to get away if the police close in on you, otherwise this would be a slightly pointless money making scheme, as it would be easy to grab a bunch of money and quickly shoot your way out.

Houses - i like the idea of upgrading (especially if it were progressive IE: one day scaffolding is up, the next day walls are up or something), i don't care much for tv, but the fridge is a great idea, (but what about just saving to replenish health? the fridge would be silly in this case)
With the hotels thing the save icon should just be out the front for convenience, otherwise you might as well go home and save.

Drugs - selling drugs should not be too easy or profitable too quickly as it could make the game easy and getting drug should maybe be a little bit difficult or time consuming, i really like the vans idea but again these must be the same as every other van with maybe alittle insignia that can only be spotted when close to the vehicle. done right this is a great idea.

Getting high although i think it would be fun as everyone else, there will be someone totally against it who will make a big song and dance about it (probably parents) and because Rockstar will want to target younger people as well as older people this may not happen. Im sure you heard what happened with GTA IV and drink driving (and thats just alcohol) MADD (mothers against drink driving) made a whole song and dance about it, and thats just drink driving, i dont see the big problem...it's just a game, rockstar shouldn't be liable if people think it's the right thing to do from the game.

( i will add more later in an edit.) i hope you enjoy my review.

Edit:
Businesses - fairly similar to businesses in the past, there should be a few missions that has to be done for the business (like with your car showroom), IE: for the print work you have to hijack paper trucks so you can print money, or for the strip club, you gotta chuck flyers everywhere, and beat up the other pimps in town.

Entertainment good

on screen icons - they look nice and a fairly clear but the health and armor rings could be thicker they could be hard to see...on a smaller screen for example.

Weapons - i don't really care what weapons are in the game, but what would be grea tif there were enviromental weapons, ie you stand next to a fence you can grab a fence picket and use it as a weapon, or you can throw sand or something.

Executions these would be ok in some circumstances, like it shouldn't be a planned thing, say if the enemy got close you could hit them with your gun to get a shot at them.
Melee executions are a good idea however.

Map - i like the map, on first glance it looks the same as the old one (with another island in between) but on comparison i can see that your map is much larger and more detailed than the original vice city (it could still be a tiny bit bigger but well done), the extra island looks like a cool place.
(i was just wondering are there roads through all the "green" areas on the map?)

Storyline - it's ok im not real good at judging that stuff, its better if i play and find out.

qwerty555
  • qwerty555

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

i have been visiting gtaforums for a long time and i decided that i am going to join and nice topic,I like the map and weapons.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:48 PM

how did you change the color of the text?

LOGGYTHEMAN
  • LOGGYTHEMAN

Opposites Attract

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Feb 16 2010, 00:55)
this thread is going to be big.

big.

big.

big.

big!

Well,
You predicted the future and I predict that this thread is still going to be

Big.

Big.

Big.

Big!

Have a good one Sammy! cool.gif

GTAWithStyle
  • GTAWithStyle

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

OMG that is bloody amazing. I also have had my own thoughts on how a new VC would be but I would never have been able to express it all like this. And that map is perfect IMO

san andreas state
  • san andreas state

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:12 AM

bump
sammi when are you going to add more missions?

MiamiVice1984
  • MiamiVice1984

Hey There Officer, Nice Badge, Nice Badge.

• Members

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:01 AM

Someone should send this to Rockstar Games.. Becuse if the next GTA isnt in Vice city im gonna get really pissed!

Izzi
  • Izzi

Sniper

• Members

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:35 PM

Great Work smile.gif

Cribbs
  • Cribbs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:16 PM

Dude this is has amazed me. Great work. I think adding a tow truck would be cool, it would also add another way of stealing cars! Also bring back car customizing from sa. Plus add more like lifts for trucks. I love your ideas!!!

Cribbs
  • Cribbs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:44 AM Edited by Cribbs, 18 November 2010 - 05:11 AM.

Also instead of returning the sand rail thing and the sand jeep I'd focus more on mudders, do to the terrain
also I was looking at starfish island and I would consider a bridge to it being that you said there is two three car garages, because then how would we get cars there?

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:49 AM

Very impressive work man, and some really original ideas too.

Only problem with it is what I say to virtually all concept threads when it comes to weapons - I think you might have a bit too much, and they don't really seem to fulfil unique and different purposes. I mean for someone who isn't a complete gun expert, I don't really know the difference between the Desert Eagle and the .44 Automatic - they did include both in TBoGT, but I think the addition of the .44 Automatic was more of a promotional novilty as opposed to fulfilling a unique niche.

As for the gameplay, I am so glad someone else is bringing back the long-missed and overdue gang heat system from GTA 2. To be honest, I think that is what I'd feasibly expect for the next GTA, as much more complex and detailed systems like the one on my concept thread would probably be too big a jump for R* to make, and gamers to adapt too.

I also love the Colombian Islands idea - it reminds me a lot of the game Scarface, as you also get to the Islands in a very similar manner, and also buy large quantities of coke there. I'm not sure how you want your gang designs to be, but maybe the Colombians on the Islands could be a lot more militaristic in terms of weaponry and appearance - maybe even look similar to FARC-EP Guerillas. I remmeber playing the game Scarface, and being so disappointed at the Islands gangs looking practically identical to the ones in Miami - even though they single-handedly controlled the Islands without any police, and even had military patrol and attack boats. But not a single-one even so much as had basic guerilla fatigues and tactical vests.

Anyway, overall, very impressive game, and despite being strongly opposed to any returning locations for the next GTA game, I must say I will be willing to buy a game like yours if it is done well.
TC

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:04 AM

Colomibians should have powerful weapons like GTA 3 you think? ^^^^

san andreas state
  • san andreas state

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Apr 17 2010, 21:47)
QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Feb 15 2010, 23:00)
user posted image

WARNING: Several fairly large images will be used in this thread.
If some images don't load or show up as red X's; then refresh your browser.

After seeing a lot of posts by people wanting to share their ideas of their dream GTA, I thought I'd do the same. All graphics and content by myself, more to come.
Anybody willing to help with things like story then let me know!

Anyway, on to the content - My game will return to Vice City, albeit a Vice City revamped for the GTA IV era. It will have a similar tone to that of BoGT, with bright and eccentric lifestyles mixed with crime and outrageous nightlife.
The year will be 2009, The reason for not returning to the iconic 80's is because by now it's been done enough times before - and BoGT showed us we can recreate that same vibe in a current time. There will however be a few radio stations dedicated to 80's music of different genres.
The city will feature exotic locations, sandy beaches, sparkling crystal clear waters, fancy cars and much more. There will be some bigger areas to the map that are less populated and can be explored like the popular countryside in GTA:SA.
There may possibly be some returning characters from GTA IV in the story when I get round to finishing it.
Without keeping you any longer - On to the features! (Still a work in progress, a LOT more to come!)

user posted image

user posted image

Store owners can be threatened and beaten into being persuaded into paying you regular protection money. Protection money will appear outside of all of your safe houses, so it can be collected at your nearest safe house. Persuading the store owners into paying protection money will be similar to the system used in “The Godfather” – You can beat and intimidate the store owner and smash up the store to make them pay more money, but when you reach a breaking point they won’t pay.
On occasion a store will come under attack, not too often to become an annoyance but not too rare to be pointless. Attacks range from vandals smashing up the shop, armed and unarmed robberies or local gangs causing trouble in and around the store.
When there is one of these attacks you can go to the store and take the required action (Kill the gang members, beat up the vandals into leaving, etc)

user posted image

Robberies come in 3 tiers; Stores, Houses and Banks.
Stores:
Stores are relatively easy to rob; they only require that you have a firearm. You threaten the store clerk at gunpoint for money from the cash register or from the safe out back (If there is one). When aiming at the store clerk he can be commanded to do things as you please on the D Pad (Whilst aiming) –
UP – “Put your f*cking hands up!” The person keeps their hands up, reduced risk of silent alarm being pressed, press UP a second time to command them to “Get away from the counter” So there is no risk of them pressing the alarm although it takes longer for them to get the money from the register over the counter and in this time you could be seen – you will have to decide to be quicker with more risk of police or take it slow and no police but possible interference from passersby possibly leading to police.
DOWN – “Open the cash register” The person at gunpoint opens the register and hands you money, Press it again to tell them to “Hurry the f*ck up”
LEFT – Positive comment. For example “Everything is going to be okay, remain calm and you’ll live” Positive comments like this calms the clerk slightly and reduces chances of them pressing the alarm.
RIGHT – Negative Comment. For example “If you don’t give me that f*cking money faster I’ll f*cking kill you now” an Angry comment like this intimidates the clerk, speeding them up but increasing risk of hitting the alarm.
All these factors need to be used to ensure you get out with minimal trouble. After the money has been given to you, it’s up to you what you do to the clerk. In the event that no police have been alerted and you can get out without any trouble, simply move up the clerk and KO him with the back of the gun. If however the police have been alerted, just cap him and run with however much you have.

Houses:
1. Choose the house to burgle in the day time
2. Set a marker on the houses you wish to burgle (several houses can be marked in preparation)
3. Either quietly tamper with the locks on the back door or wedge an object in the window frame so as the window can be reopened later
4. Return at night time in any van with storage capacity.
5. Go to the houses and break in using the entry method you have set up
6. Sneak around the house, try not to create noise as it will wake up anyone inside and the police will be alerted (4 stars)
7. Take items you want and take them out to the van, you can go back and forth as much as you want, however it is more risky to stick around in one place.
If someone is still awake when you attempt to burgle a house then they will alert the police immediately (4 stars), to avoid this you can take simple precautions such as looking in through the windows.
Alternatively, there is a much more dangerous route you can take. This route can be done at any time, simply bring a van and any firearm, break down the back door and storm in, killing anyone inside and grabbing whatever you can before the police arrive which takes varied amounts of time.

Burglaries can be performed with certain friends (it will be an activity on the phone for some). Certain people won’t have the option, but some will and you’ll be able to ask if they wish to participate in the robbery for a cut.

You drop off the van at one of many lockups owned by fences all over the city; they will exchange your goods with some cold, hard cash.

Banks:
These are the big ones, and by far the most dangerous. You can only rob each bank once (there are several around the city, varying in size meaning each give a different maximum payout). A failed robbery means an opportunity lost.
Attempting a bank robbery will result in a 6 star wanted level.
To start a robbery you can call up to 4 willing accomplices from your Phone, as soon as at least 1 agrees then a mission marker appears outside every bank in the city.
To start the robbery you simply walk into the mission marker, a small cut scene will be shown of you and the accomplices donning Balaclavas and wearing duffel bags.
Robberies can be performed in a number of ways; one way would be to storm in guns blazing. If you’re well enough equipped then this may work. This method would involve killing everyone within the bank, and either you or an accomplice blow the vault to get the cash (aim towards an accomplice and press UP to command them to get the cash). While you or the accomplice is getting the money, the rest will have to hold up against any police or law enforcement that will get inside the bank.
Robbing a bank will always result in 6 stars so this method may seem logical, but it could also be a big waste of ammo and could alert the police to arrive before you even begin to get the money.
Prior to the robbery, your team can be commanded to either go in all guns blazing (aim at one and press right) or go in slowly and reassure everyone and be as careful as possible (aim at one and press left) similar to four leaf clover.
If you decide to go in “all peaceful like” then there is a chance that no one will press an alarm or alert the police until you have the money, if this is the case then you will be able to make some of the journey away before someone alerts the police and you will be pursued. If they do alert the police then you can run for it with whatever money you have and not risk still being here when the police arrive (resulting in you having that extra time to escape, but with less money), or you can hold your ground and have more money but more police pressure.
More accomplices mean you have more protection and more chance of getting out alive, but also there are more people to split the money across.

user posted image

Safe houses can be purchased in ways similar to previous games; However prices will be slightly more realistic now, meaning that you won’t be able to drive around the City buying houses and have tonnes of money to spare. You’ll need to partake in extra activities to gain money for properties, such as the ones mentioned among others.
Safe Houses can be Upgraded, Upgrading brings about things such as Garages, Extra parking spots, Gun Cabinets (A Pistol, an SMG and some armour will always be here, more weapons can be unlocked via Hidden packages), Cosmetic upgrades, and Bigger TV’s with more channels. Upgrading the houses works in a similar way to upgrading a building in VCS – Just pay, wait for a while and come back to an upgraded building. This same system can be used on your “Legit businesses”...

In the Kitchen of your safe houses you can get food to replenish health, simply walk up to the fridge and press L1/LB to open it and get food.

You can save at hotels around Vice City, you pay a varying fee (depending on the hotel) when you save.

user posted image

The Drug dealing system will be similar to Chinatown Wars. Where you buy drugs from a seller for a certain price and then sell it somewhere else at a higher price to earn profit. Sellers can be persuaded to lower their prices, but too much hassle will cause them to get angry and refuse to sell to you. Similar to CTW; Drug vans and cars can be found driving around the city, steal them and cut the lining of the doors to find drugs.
Drugs can be stockpiled at safe houses, but each safe house can only hold a certain amount, different houses have different capacities.
When you want to go and sell you select the drugs you want and put them in a duffel bag and take them to buyers.
There are 3 Warehouses that can be bought over Vice City, each one can stockpile Large amounts of drugs. They also have a garage (upgradable to multiple garages) where Vans can be stored, people can then be hired to work at these warehouses. Their jobs will be to distribute the drugs, They can also create more of whatever drugs you have in labs at the warehouses.
Warehouses are extremely expensive but they generate money from drugs quicker than selling it personally.
Drugs available are:
• Cocaine
• Ecstasy
• Weed
• Heroin
• LSD
• Downers
The player can smoke some of their own weed and can take ecstasy when at a club, but the rest is strictly for sale: “Never get high on your own supply”.
Weed will slow things down very slightly and things will go quieter and more peaceful.
Ecstasy will make the protagonist appear more twitchy and quicker reacting, he will sweat and the screen will blur with movement. When Ecstasy is taken at Clubs music sounds louder (Especially the thumbping bass) and dances require faster button presses (Although you will only need to use three buttons on E as opposed to four).

user posted image

Empty lots can be bought and then you can pay to build a business on the lot. Alternatively the player can kill the owner of an occupied lot and their guards and take over. businesses available are:
• Car Showroom
• Strip Club
• Casino
• Print Works
• Bar
• Restaurant
• Club

Each of these businesses will have a legit amount of money generated that will go directly to your safe houses; you can pay to upgrade these buildings to get more money generated.
If you upgrade a business to its maximum there are certain perks for each one:
• Car Showroom – Unique cars generated for you in showroom (a la VC)
• Strip Club – Free lap dances, Unique car spawns out front
• Casino – High stakes gambling unlocked,
• Print Works – Media Attention meter added to the HUD (Can be switched off)
• Bar – Free drinks, Unique car spawns out front (personal and on dates/activities)
• Restaurant – free food (personal and on dates/activities)
• Club - Drugs profit increases when sold at clubs

On top of this, you can use them to front other businesses. They all have default businesses to choose from such as drug dealing and weapons trading – all in a back room or basement of your business, but most will have other options specific to the front:

• Car Showroom – Host street races & Car thefts
• Strip Club - Prostitution
• Casino – Cock Fights
• Print Works – counterfeit money printing (generates more money periodically)
• Bar – Fight Club

For example, if you own a strip club, you can set up an illegal prostitution business; selling your dancers to buyers (You take a cut of the money paid to the Dancer/Prostitute, making you the pimp essentially)
For the car showroom, as always – The cars are on a list and stolen, after lists are completed big cash bonuses will be awarded, you can also select street races in the same way as vice city here.

These businesses give the opportunity to generate huge amounts of cash. Money generated will go straight into a bank account, and can be withdrawed at any cashpoint/ATM throughout VC. This way there is no worry of having to collect it periodically meaning you could miss out on future money if you take too long to collect this weeks, delaying next weeks. It will all just go straight into an account, and if you don't collect it for some time it will build up.

user posted image

Nightclubs:
Just like BoGT – Drinking games, dancing, dance off’s and the ability to impress women and have sex with them in the club toilets.
You can also take ecstasy at clubs and It is a good place to sell it.
Comedy Club
Just like GTAIV, With new acts
Shows
Just like GTAIV, With new acts
TV
Just like GTAIV, With new shows
Gambling
You can gamble at your own casinos, other casinos or on betting machines like in GTASA
Shooting Range
Stationary target shooting, Assault courses and time attacks. Not only are these fun tracks to play through, but completing them with each weapon unlocks an extended magazine for that gun.
Base Jumping and Skydiving
Competitions can be entered for Base Jumping and Skydiving
Golf
Golf can be played at the Leaf Links Golf Club
Basketball
Basketball can be played at any basketball court around the city
Clay Pigeon Shooting
Similar to the shooting range, but a lot more difficault
Jet Ski Races
Jet Ski Races can be entered at several locations
Internet
Same as GTAIV, you can now play games on websites
Pool
Just like GTAIV

user posted image

-Tapping the jump button while running towards a car bonnet will make the player slide across it onto the other side
-Combos will be introduced to the fighting system.
-To grab someone you hold down the punch button
-You can throw people by releasing the grab and flicking the stick in the direction to throw them
-Holding grab and a direction may trigger an environmental attack, for example smashing a head into a lamppost
-Haircuts can be purchased.
-You can get tattoos.
-Clothing stores will offer more variety and more options for clothing
-You can go underwater while swimming. A blue bar on the outer right of the minimap represents your lung capacity.
-If you hold the jump button when near an edge overlooking water, the protagonist will dive.
-When you drive into Pay and Spray a menu pops up for you to select your colour, or you can simply press Circle/B to exit with a random colour.
-Car modification makes a return, some Pay and Sprays will have the option to customize your car when you drive in.
-Bikes can now be modified also.
-Clothes will rip and tear with gunfire.
-PayPhones can be used if required.
-You can take part in Jet Ski races
-You can take part in street races (Bikes).
-You can take part in street races (Cars).
-Rampages return.
-You can spray paint walls, either with a stencil or freehand.
-Taxi, Paramedic, Beach Patrol, Firefighter, and Bus Driver side missions all return
-You will not instantly stop when a cop points a gun at you with 1 star, you will need to have stopped moving to put your hands up
-There will be a certain speed limit needed to hit a cop car to get 1 star, they won't come at you for just a scrape
-Some (smaller) trees will snap if you hit them at high speed or can be cut down with a Chainsaw
-Tree's will blow apart and leaves will ruffle when a Helicopter is nearby
-Weak walls can be smashed through with a car
-Explosives and heavy weapons will cause visible damage to the environment (resetting once you re-enter the area)
-Cruise control is available in most cars, making drive by's easier
-Waiting for a second when you enter a car will make the character put on a seatbelt (similar to bikes) and prevent flying out the windscreen.

user posted image

An example of the HUD
The weapons, money, ammo and wanted level remain largely the same in the top right - albeit with a colour change.
The Minimap now has;
-Health (inner left)
-Armour (inner right)
-Stamina (outer left)
-Lung Capacity (outer right)
(Lung capacity is constantly on screen due to the high amount of water in the game and it would be better than having to replace a bar every time you go in the water)

user posted image

-The Assault rifle catagory has been edited on 19/2/2010, to view the original assault rifle catagory click here.
-All weapons have appeared at some point throughout the GTA series, excluding the last 3 assault rifles, The last 2 grenade launchers, WA2000,  crowbar and the Stinger
-All pistols, Assault Rifles and Sniper Rifles can be bought in a silenced variation except the Python and Desert Eagle.
-Occassionally you can find a weapon in a trash can, ranging from A pistol to an SMG or an AK47, the latter being very rare
-Holding in the right stick when sniping makes the player hold their breath and steady their aim.
-Ammunation makes a return, You can buy guns in store or order then online where they will be delivered to the safe house. You can also buy guns from Jerry Kapowitz' gun store.
-The player will only have access to cheaper guns such as Mac 10's, Knifes, Glocks and AK47's towards the first portion of the game, and will slowly progress.
-The more high-tech weapons aren't available untill very late into the game, when the protagonist has a lot more money from business
-The protagonist can throw grenades whilst in water.
-Some weapons can be dual weilded, they are: Glock 19, Colt 45, Mac 10, Skorpion and the Uzi.
-The Katana and the Machete can be dual wielded.
-You can kick away a live grenade.
-Heads can be shot off.
-Weapons can be shot out of other people's hands
-You can pick up objects to use as weapons: proken wood planks, glass bottles, glass shards, tools at building sites etc.
user posted image

user posted image

Non- Stealth.

Non stealth executions can be performed when an enemy is low on health; it is activated by running to the enemy while aimed at them and waiting for the aiming reticule to change to the red execution reticule. The player can still take damage while doing this so it is not wise to run out into a fire fight and do this, it is best used to finish off the last person.

Non Stealth executions can be performed with: Pistols, SMG’s and Shotguns
• Glock 19/Colt 45: Ray runs towards enemy, hits them over the head with the gun and fires into the back of the skull
• Python: Ray grabs enemies one shoulder and fires into their gut
• Desert Eagle: Ray puts the enemy in a close headlock and fires into their back
• Mac 10/Skorpion: Similar to the Python execution, but with a spray of bullets through the heart
• Uzi: Ray puts the gun in their mouth and fires through the top of their head
• MP5K: Ray hits them over the head with the gun to the left and then again downwards, knocking them to the floor – he then shoots at them
• P90: Ray hits them hard, they fall to the floor and he places a few shots into the back of their head with his foot on their neck
• Sawn Off: While they are standing, Ray shoves the gun into their mouth violently and fires
• Winchester 1200: Ray hits them upwards with the rifle and then fires into the stomach
• Spas 12: Ray rams the end of the gun into their chest, pushing them to the floor and fires into them without moving the gun away
• AA-12/Protecta: Ray hits them across the face with the barrel and then fires wildy at the gut

Stealth:

Some sections in the game will feature light stealth Gameplay, Stealth executions are performed simply by crouching and moving slowly behind an enemy while locked on with a melee weapon until the reticule turns red.
• Bat: Ray holds the bat across their throat and chokes them with it
• Kitchen Knife: Ray places his hand over their mouth and stabs repeatedly in their spine
• Crowbar:  Ray stabs the non-rounded end into their throat from behind
• Machete: Ray places his hand over their mouth and slits their throat
• Katana: Ray swiftly cuts into their neck, making a “pez dispenser” out of them
• Chainsaw: Ray rams the chainsaw into their back and revs. NOTE: This one will not technically be stealth and will cause a lot of noise, it is also performed differently (you run up to them from behind and attack, its too loud to creep up with)

cool

You should combine the existing guns and these, this one was better in my opinion.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (san andreas state @ Nov 24 2010, 00:38)
QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Apr 17 2010, 21:47)
QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Feb 15 2010, 23:00)

[SIZE=7][color=red]
user posted image

-The Assault rifle catagory has been edited on 19/2/2010, to view the original assault rifle catagory click here.
-All weapons have appeared at some point throughout the GTA series, excluding the last 3 assault rifles, The last 2 grenade launchers, WA2000,  crowbar and the Stinger
-All pistols, Assault Rifles and Sniper Rifles can be bought in a silenced variation except the Python and Desert Eagle.
-Occassionally you can find a weapon in a trash can, ranging from A pistol to an SMG or an AK47, the latter being very rare
-Holding in the right stick when sniping makes the player hold their breath and steady their aim.
-Ammunation makes a return, You can buy guns in store or order then online where they will be delivered to the safe house. You can also buy guns from Jerry Kapowitz' gun store.
-The player will only have access to cheaper guns such as Mac 10's, Knifes, Glocks and AK47's towards the first portion of the game, and will slowly progress.
-The more high-tech weapons aren't available untill very late into the game, when the protagonist has a lot more money from business
-The protagonist can throw grenades whilst in water.
-Some weapons can be dual weilded, they are: Glock 19, Colt 45, Mac 10, Skorpion and the Uzi.
-The Katana and the Machete can be dual wielded.
-You can kick away a live grenade.
-Heads can be shot off.
-Weapons can be shot out of other people's hands
-You can pick up objects to use as weapons: proken wood planks, glass bottles, glass shards, tools at building sites etc.
user posted image

Stealth:

cool

You should combine the existing guns and these, this one was better in my opinion.

All of those melee weapons are in the new one,
All of those pistols are in the new one,
All of the thrown weapons are in the new one,
All of those shotguns are in the new one,
All of the heavy weapons are in the new one except the Stinger is now an SA-7 (exact same use).
The assault rifles were all pretty similar and unneccessary to have variations when they're all insanely similar (not to mention a SCAR-L would be stupid in a GTA).
All of the SMG's were kept, except the Skorpion which was ditched because it's basically the same as a micro uzi; it was then replaced by the SW MP10 from IV.
All of the grenade launchers served the same purpose, and with 2 different types of rocket launcher in the game you only really need one grenade launcher.
The only change in the Snipers was the WA2000 was dropped, because its pretty similar to the others so it was unneccessary (who needs 4 sniper rifles... you only really need 2)

Aswell as those changes there are new weapons in several catagories that weren't in the sheet you quoted, and there are a lot more melee weapons and a taser.

So really, the only weapons that don't show up in the new one are:
-Skorpion (same as a micro smg)
-AKS-74U (relatively similar to the AK 47, especially in looks which is actually a big part)
-Scar L (too over the top for a GTA, this is a military weapon)
-FAL (idk about this, I guess it could be added again maybe)
-WA2000 (unneccessary fourth sniper)
-Stinger (replaced by the SA7 which does the same thing)
-M79 & MGL (second and third grenade launchers, pointless to have so many)

So really those are justified, I think this list feels a lot more GTA anyway and that one felt a little bit Call of Duty-ish (unintentionally).

Anyway, I'm hoping to wrap this thread up soon - I might change a few things here (like missions, not really sure on writing them all so I may do a story overview), adding a few things, updating some stuff and then its about done.
After that I'll create one DLC for the concept and a separate thread for multiplayer for the concept so you may see new weapons then.

san andreas state
  • san andreas state

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:14 PM

Yeah you got a point, can't wait for the dlc and multiplayer, also I might do the same thing with the story, to just do a overview instead of doing all of the missions.

James_4991
  • James_4991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:38 PM

I've seen alot of these ideas on this forum and non Stand out. That is until now. This is remarkable! Fantastic! The map is incredible, IMO I would love it to be abit bigger, (your size is perfect I just love the idea of a HUGE map).

I love the intro, I love the vehicles. Also, is there a car mod shop like in SA? That would make it awesome. Also I love that there are alot of clothing shop.

But honestly dude, this is incredible! If the next GTA game isn't as good as this then I will be hugely dissapointed.
Remarkable. icon14.gif

ViniciusBR11
  • ViniciusBR11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:37 PM

OMG, this is the biggest project I've seen ever.
Creating a whole new game from GTA IV, with new things, more weapons, vehicles...wow, it's AMAZING!
Well, I've been inspired, and i wanted to make a photoshoped VCPD Coquette:
user posted image
A note: THIS IS A PHOTOSHOPED COQUETTE, SO THIS MEAN I DON'T HAVE ANY MODEL OR TEXTURES OF VCPD COQUETTE.

I've do it in the old VCPD Police Cars color scheme duing IDK what color scheme it'll use in this project.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (ViniciusBR11 @ Dec 9 2010, 16:37)
Creating a whole new game from GTA IV, with new things, more weapons, vehicles...wow, it's AMAZING!
user posted image
A note: THIS IS A PHOTOSHOPED COQUETTE, SO THIS MEAN I DON'T HAVE ANY MODEL OR TEXTURES OF VCPD COQUETTE.

I've do it in the old VCPD Police Cars color scheme duing IDK what color scheme it'll use in this project.

Dayumm, that's nice haha.
I think in my concept it's Blue as it's separate from the Police, more of a special unit but having the original VCPD scheme looks great too. I really like it haha biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the comments guys, If I can trudge my way out of my busy life for a bit I'll get some new content made.

san andreas state
  • san andreas state

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:38 AM

user posted image

Thats nice, but why not use the gta 4 cop lights and just replace the green with blue, then sammi could use it, just a thought, I'm no expert so I could be talking about something thats impossible or hard to do.

ViniciusBR11
  • ViniciusBR11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (san andreas state @ Dec 10 2010, 01:38)
user posted image

Thats nice, but why not use the gta 4 cop lights and just replace the green with blue, then sammi could use it, just a thought, I'm no expert so I could be talking about something thats impossible or hard to do.

OK, this'll be easy to do, and also, there are already the GTA IV's cop lights.

nikoMYCUZIN
  • nikoMYCUZIN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

This is the best thread I've ever seen about anything, ever.

I would spend a lot of money on a game like this. I'm going to find some Rockstar email addresses and send them this thread.

shankar
  • shankar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:53 PM

this is a great thread bro. would really like this as a game. keep up the good work. waiting for new updates

ObiWan
  • ObiWan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:57 AM

Not good... BUT AMAZING!! amazing work bro..

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:15 PM

It would be nice to see an update Sammi icon14.gif Is there going to be an update?

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:10 PM

Will you be adding more missions, will any of the characters from IV or it's Episodes return?

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:13 PM

Yeah It would be nice If you had some missions.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users