» «
Photo

[REL][WIP] High Performance Handling

8 replies to this topic
Chuck_mcnugget
  • Chuck_mcnugget

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:16 PM Edited by Chuck_mcnugget, 15 February 2010 - 08:45 PM.

This mod is specifically designed to make the cars in GTA 4 tuned to the exact specs of real vehicles, and will give a more realistic driving experience. I will carry my work over to the episodes when they come out for PC.

user posted image

Oh, and by the way If your wondering, my mod will make bikes turn and act like they do in real life, and you will be able to control the lean better.

Modded Vehicles-

*The rated speed for some of the vehicles are over 160 mph (257.3 km/h), but I won't go over 258 km/h because it is less realistic

Modded Cars:

Name:-----------Modded To:--------------------Transmission:--Drivetrain:---Top Speed:----Weight:
Banshee---------Viper SRT10 Drift Modded-----------6 Speed---------RWD---------243.80 km/h---1318.20 Kg
Blista Compact--Honda CRX K20A---------------------6 Speed--------FWD----------252.40 km/h---1860.30 Kg
Comet-----------Porsche 911 Carrera 4---------------6 Speed---------AWD---------258.00 km/h---1580.30 Kg
Coquette--------Chevrolet Corrvette Z06------------6 Speed---------RWD---------258.00 km/h----1421.00 Kg
Dukes------------Dodge Charger-----------------------4 Speed---------RWD----------217.26 km/h---1653.20 Kg
Infernus----------Lamborghini Murcielago LP640----6 Speed---------AWD-----------258.00 km/h---1665.20 Kg
Sabre-------------Buick GNX------------------------------4 Speed---------RWD---------200.00 km/h---1611.40 Kg
Sabre (Rusty)---Buick GNX-----------------------------4 Speed---------RWD----------200.00 km/h---1610.40 Kg
Sabre GT--------Chevrolet Chevelle 550ci-----------4 Speed---------RWD----------258.00 km/h---1680.50 Kg
Sultan------------Subaru Impreza----------------------5 Speed---------AWD----------177.32 km/h---1170.20 Kg
Sultan RS--------Subaru Impreza WRX----------------6 Speed---------AWD----------258.00 km/h---1270.00 Kg
Stallion-----------Ford Mustang Mach 1-----------------4 Speed--------RWD---------193.12 km/h---1533.60 Kg
Turismo----------Ferrari F430 Scuderia----------------6 Speed---------AWD----------258.00 km/h---1250.00 Kg
Vigero------------Plymouth Hemi Cuda'-----------------4 Speed--------RWD----------188.50 km/h---1642.00 Kg
Vigero (Rusty)--Plymouth Hemi Cuda'----------------4 Speed--------RWD----------188.50 km/h---1640.00 Kg
Vincent-----------Mitsubishi Galant---------------------5 Speed---------FWD----------210.11 km/h---1377.70 Kg

Modded Bikes:

Name:--Modded To:---------------------Transmission:--Drivetrain:----Top Speed:------Weight:

Hellfury----Harley-Davidson Sporster 883---5 Speed---------RWD----------167.37 km/h-----260.40 Kg
NRG 900---Kawasaki ZX9 R-------------------6 Speed---------RWD----------258.00 km/h-----183.40 Kg
PCJ 600----Kawasaki ZZR 600----------------6 Speed---------RWD----------247.83 km/h-----195.50 Kg
Sanchez---BMW HP2---------------------------6 Speed---------RWD----------205.90 km/h------175.26 Kg
Zombie----Custom 1200/Chopper------------5 Speed---------RWD----------193.00 km/h-----281.80 Kg

Modded Boats:

Name:----------Modded To:---------------------------Top Speed:------Weight:

Squalo---------21 ft EFI Superboat-----------------112.67 km/h-----1250.00 Kg
Tropic----------24 ft Scarab Style Speed Boat----164.15 km/h-----2272.70 Kg

I am open to any suggestion's

v1.1 Changes-
- Tuned the Blista Compact weight, speed, acceleration, and traction to be more realistic to the CRX
- Tuned the NRG900 Handling weight, speed, acceleration, and suspension to be more realistic to the ZX9 R
- Tuned the PCJ 600 speed, and handling to be more realistic to the ZZR 600
- Tuned the Sanchez speed, weight, acceleration, suspension and traction, to be more realistic to the HP2
- Tuned the Sabre GT weight, speed, acceleration, gearing, suspension and traction to be more realistic to the Chevelle
- Tuned the Sultan RS speed, acceleration, gearing, suspension, drivetrain, weight, and traction to be more realistic to the Impreza

v1.2 Changes-
- Tuned the Blista Compact weight, and speed to be more realistic to the CRX
- Tuned the Dukes speed, acceleration, weight, and handling to be more realistic to the Charger
- Tuned the NRG900 Handling weight, speed, and acceleration to be more realistic to the ZX9 R
- Tuned the PCJ 600 speed, weight, and handling to be more realistic to the ZZR 600
- Tuned the Sanchez weight, and suspension to be more realistic to the HP2
- Tuned the Sabre GT weight, speed, acceleration, suspension and traction to be more realistic to the Chevelle
- Tuned the Sultan RS speed, acceleration, gearing, and weight to be more realistic to the Impreza WRX
- Tuned the Sultan speed, acceleration, drivetrain, gearing and handling to be more realistic to the Impreza
- Tuned the Stallion speed, acceleration, gearing, weight and handling to be more realistic to the Mach 1
- Tuned the Turismo speed, acceleration, gearing, drivetrain, weight and handling to be more realistic to the Scuderia

v1.3 Changes-
- Updated Info
- Fixed "Tire's coming through the hood' Bug on the Sabre GT
- Tuned the Banshee speed, acceleration, gearing, traction, handling and brakes to be more realistic to the Viper
- Tuned the Comet speed, accleration, traction, handling, and brakes to be more realistic to the Porsche
- Tuned the Dukes speed, traction, handling, weight and brakes to be more realistic to the Charger
- Tuned the Sabre/Rusty Sabre speed, acceleration, drivetrain, handling, brakes and traction to be more realistic to the GNX
- Tuned the Sabre GT speed, acceleration, traction and handling to be more realistic to the Chevelle
- Tuned the Sultan weight and handling to be more realistic to the Impreza
- Tuned the Sultan RS speed, acceleration, traction and handling to be more realistic to the Impreza WRX
- Tuned the Turismo traction, handling, weight, brakes and accleration to be more realistic to the F430
- Tuned the Hellfury speed, acceleration, weight and handling to be more realistic to the Sportster
- Tuned the NRG 900 acceleration, traction and handling to be more realistic to the ZX9 R
- Tuned the PCJ 600 acceleration, handling and brakes to be more realistic to the ZZR 600
- Tuned the Sanchez handling and brakes to be more realistic to the HP2
- Tuned the Zombie speed, acceleration, weight, handling and brakes to be more realistic to the Custom 1200/Chopper
- Experimenting increased lean and better weight control for the bikes, for better cornering,endo's and wheelie's
- Experimenting increased steering radius on all modded vehicles for more precision and control

v1.4 Changes-
- Started tuning Boats
- Tuned The Banshee acceleration, traction and handling to be more realistic to the Viper
- Tuned the Comet suspension, handling and traction to be more realistic to the Porsche
- Tuned the Coquette speed, acceleration, handling, weight, brakes and traction to be more realistic to the Zo6
- Tuned the Infernus speed, acceleration, gearing, drivetrain, weight and handling to be more realistic to the LP640
- Tuned the NRG 900 acceleration, handling, brakes, lean, traction and suspension to be more realistic to the ZX9 R
- Tuned the PCJ 600 acceleration, brakes, handling, lean, traction and suspension to be more realistic to the ZZR 600
- Tuned the Sultan RS handling, traction, brakes and acceleration to be more realistic to the Impreza WRX
- Tuned the Squalo speed, acceleration, handling and weight to be more realistic to the Superboat
- Tuned the Tropic acceleration, speed, weight, and handling to be more realistic to the Scarab
- Tuned the Vigero speed, acceleration, handling, weight, brakes and traction to be more realistic to the Cuda'
- Tuned the Vincent speed, acceleration, handling, weight, brakes and traction to be more realistic to the Galant

This mod is based off of Killatomates Realistic Driving n' Flying 2.6, and all of my credit goes to him, without him, none of this would be possible. I will try to port his work over to the episodes when they come out as well.

High Performance Handling Beta v1.1 Preview

Alternate Download for High Performance Handling v1.4 Beta

New Videos coming soon!

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:27 AM

Damn nice work on bikes, dude!

Only sultan should slide much much more and not take corners so stiffy. Plus blista has too much power, can't steer with that.

Chuck_mcnugget
  • Chuck_mcnugget

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:48 PM

Yeah the bikes have been worked on more in v 1.2, But I will be implementing even better control in v1.3, I would like to thank you for your feedback. In v1.3, I have added more cars as well as fine tuned the sultan, blista and the other cars I added too. I have also upgraded the steering radius in v1.3 to have more control over the steering in cars, and been fine tuning the power of all the vehicles to be more like the real vehicles, I will post v1.3 later today. I am glad I actually got feedback for my mod as I need it to make it better, so if you test v1.3, post back and let me know what you think, I think you all will enjoy the new features in v1.3!

Foxxie-kun
  • Foxxie-kun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:17 AM

Just some questions for you.

Are these all the vehicles in vanilla GTA4?

Do the bikes have a working handbrake?

In Realistic Driving and Flying, some of the bikes lacked a handbrake, for example you could hit the handbrake key and it wouldn't let you turn sharper corners, such as the NRG-900 and PCJ-600, while the Sanchez retained the handbrake/sharp turn ability.

Thanks.

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

I tried your Viper drift handling, and I liked it. I do have some criticism however.

Since most drifting is done in 2nd and 3rd gear, you need to change the gears from this
|----1st----|-2nd-|----3rd----|
to
|-1st-|----2nd----|----3rd----|
In other words, the second gear is way too short.

Also, the car either needs more power or less grip. The back does not want to snap out when entering a drift, and it's difficult to keep it going because the car refuses to stay sideways; it will either catch grip or turn straight.

Chuck_mcnugget
  • Chuck_mcnugget

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:07 AM

@Drunk Russian 9 - Thanks for the feedback, I will tune the handling better for the viper in v1.4, I just added it and was pretty much just trying to get the real values plugged in and do some minor tweaks to the handling.

@Foxxie-kun - Thank you for the feedback also, yes the brakes do have a handbrake, kinda. I have it so you have more control over the brakes, as if it was a real bike, regular brakes more front wheel, handbrake, more rear wheel. All of the other vehicles other than the ones I say are modded in the description are tuned to killatomates Realistic Driving n' Flying 2.6.

arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:15 PM

Chuck_mcnugget: Would you be willing to discuss your methods used in determining "realistic" settings? Obviously your opinion of what is realistic is different from the authors of other realistic handling mods and it would be interesting to determine who knows best. This could also serve as a way to reach a concensus within the community on the relationship between the various parameters in the handling file and realistic forces acting on vehicles.

I might start by asking you how you calculate the lateral acceleration of the vehicles?

Chuck_mcnugget
  • Chuck_mcnugget

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:47 PM

Feel free to ask, well right now I have not set the acceleration exactly to the real vehicles, I am more interested in setting the weights, top speeds, handling, if it's really a 5-speed, or a 6. I have tweaked the acceleration to better fit the top speed and power of the vehicle, but not exactly like the real vehicles (not yet anyways,) but when I do I will look at 0-60 times, 0-100 times, and the gear ratio. Once I have those numbers I will just tune the cars power, traction and drag to those specifications.

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

There are limits to the IV handling system. For instance, there is a system in place which controls the eases up the amount of the gas applied when you hit W or the right trigger. This prevents us from being able to get the correct 0-60 times, drifting etc.

I haven't found a way to disable it yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users