- - - - -

[REL/WIP|IV/EFLC] World Trade Center Mod 0.3

7,638 replies to this topic
RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

World Trade Centre Mod Facebook Page Manager

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 04:06)
Why did you started everything over, without even knowing if it would work ?
I loved 0,3, but I didn't like the textures, they were too HD for the game.

Hbx84 retired the WTC project.....
I don't know what's going on with GTARandom... WTC 0.3 is stuck...

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 16:42)
QUOTE (Libertyking @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 04:06)
Why did you started everything over, without even knowing if it would work ?
I loved 0,3, but I didn't like the textures, they were too HD for the game.

Hbx84 retired the WTC project.....
I don't know what's going on with GTARandom... WTC 0.3 is stuck...

Did he said he doesn't want you to use his work, too ?

pr94
  • pr94

The Executive

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

The last version was released more than a year ago... mercie_blink.gif
So can we make the 0.4 in 2013?

BKDeath20
  • BKDeath20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Please continue working on this mod, guys! We've been waiting for this for like more than 5 months! sad.gif What happened to this project? Is it dead or what?

Compeast
  • Compeast

Classic Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Hey guys, been a while since I've been active. So, is this mod still active? I'd really like a fix on everything. Mainly the distance problem and the traffic thing. Looking forward for updates, and if you need help or anything, I'd be glad to help. Though all I do is mod cars...

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

I just can't believe Hbx84's laptop got stolen.
It's hard to look for good modelers who uses 3D Max...

Compeast
  • Compeast

Classic Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 03:18)

Oh damn, for real? That's a shame man...

Is it still possible to continue on this mod?

On a side note, I've found a page of wrecks from the WTC disaster. It kinda shows the scene. Maybe it's of any help?

http://letsrollforum...ons-t11140.html

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 04:18)

Modelling is not really the problem IMO confused.gif It's more about bringing it properly ingame+the coding.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 13:28)

Modelling is not really the problem IMO confused.gif It's more about bringing it properly ingame+the coding.

Pardon? Imho exporting maps to GTAIV is piss-easy and fast compared to the time and effort it takes to actually model something as complex as an exterior fully enterable interior from scratch.

What help do you guys want with "bringing it properly ingame+the coding"? smile.gif

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 23:53)

Pardon? Imho exporting maps to GTAIV is piss-easy and fast compared to the time and effort it takes to actually model something as complex as an exterior fully enterable interior from scratch.

What help do you guys want with "bringing it properly ingame+the coding"? smile.gif

I know, the porting step can be done in less than 30 minutes, depending on the size and amount of objects. But you have to find someone who knows how to. And tbh, I'm to lazy to learn it right now, maybe once V is out, but not now.

What I mean is, as far as I got it, we did have progress with the modelling here, but nobody of those people was able to bring it into the game. But don't ask me about it, I don't know exactly what has to be coded, etc...

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 01:07)

I know, the porting step can be done in less than 30 minutes, depending on the size and amount of objects. But you have to find someone who knows how to. And tbh, I'm to lazy to learn it right now, maybe once V is out, but not now.

What I mean is, as far as I got it, we did have progress with the modelling here, but nobody of those people was able to bring it into the game. But don't ask me about it, I don't know exactly what has to be coded, etc...

You are a vehicle modeler\converter right? Soon 3ds max will support OFT(WFT), once you learned that, you can also do map models. It's practically the same thing.

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 10:12)
QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 01:07)

You are a vehicle modeler\converter right? Soon 3ds max will support OFT(WFT), once you learned that, you can also do map models. It's practically the same thing.

I agree...

webstarmaier
  • webstarmaier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by webstarmaier, 11 January 2013 - 03:48 PM.

here its a new ideogramm for 0.4 WTC Mod
http://imageshack.us...ideogramm5.jpg/
http://imageshack.us...ideogramm4.jpg/
http://imageshack.us...wideogramm.jpg/

is not on facebook

BKDeath20
  • BKDeath20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (webstarmaier @ Wednesday, Jan 9 2013, 19:47)
here its a new ideogramm for 0.4 WTC Mod
http://www.facebook....&type=3
http://www.facebook....pe=3&permPage=1
http://www.facebook....pe=3&permPage=1

Those photos don't exist on facebook, they may be deleted or moved. We really need coders for this mod, it was going well during the 5 months. but the wtc model is done, so we need atleast one person to code this into GTA IV. Maybe, in future, someone might help us. biggrin.gif

Compeast
  • Compeast

Classic Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Sorry, if I knew a scripter I'd recomment him to help here. But will there be an update soon? I really hope so!

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

What specific scripting is wanted?

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

It seems like those people who know are gone. I mean, what was the latest progress here? I know there was a new model, but I haven't heard much since.

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 06:40)
It seems like those people who know are gone. I mean, what was the latest progress here? I know there was a new model, but I haven't heard much since.

3D Structure who was making the realistic World Trade Centre. He already finished it for WTC 0.4 but there aren't any code editors or script editors.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:37 AM Edited by Frank.s, 14 January 2013 - 05:11 AM.

Ah ok Skyline, thanks for the info.

Romer (and anyone else), stop complaining about no scripters and instead just write down what scripting is needed and maybe p.m the IV scripters for a request or wait until one comes along and sees your list of wanted scripts. There are plenty of GTAIV scripters around here but you guys don't seem to want to ask them.

FFS, you've even got a IV scripter writing this very text who's asking you what scripts you want for the mod and all you can blurt out is "hurr there are no scripters". lol.gif See what i mean now? smile.gif

3D Structures hasn't been online in 2 months, did he upload his newest wtc models + textures to a DropBox? Has Filip put it in-game yet?

BKDeath20
  • BKDeath20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Frank.s, they need to code the wtc 0.4 model into GTA IV. That's all we needed for scripting. I think.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

Oh, thats much easier than i thought. I thought you guys wanted working lifts and stuff.
As 3DStructures hasn't been online since last year, did he give anyone the models+textures for the latest WTC version? Do you guys have a DropBox? If you do, add me to it, i'll p.m my DB email so you can invite me.
I might be able to put the latest model into GTAIV, i how how and have done for a long time but what would stop me would be any un-expected bugs. It depends on how 3DStructures modeled the WTC.

Who's got a copy of 3DStructures' latest WTC model?

pr94
  • pr94

The Executive

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 08:20)
Oh, thats much easier than i thought. I thought you guys wanted working lifts and stuff.
As 3DStructures hasn't been online since last year, did he give anyone the models+textures for the latest WTC version? Do you guys have a DropBox? If you do, add me to it, i'll p.m my DB email so you can invite me.
I might be able to put the latest model into GTAIV, i how how and have done for a long time but what would stop me would be any un-expected bugs. It depends on how 3DStructures modeled the WTC.

Who's got a copy of 3DStructures' latest WTC model?

AJ I think... He has got a copy. Apropos elevators... There are also elevators in the checklist... ;-)

ajvgames
  • ajvgames

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:37 PM Edited by ajvgames, 16 January 2013 - 09:56 PM.

Here's the Link to the Completed Models.
"Link Removed"

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:35 AM Edited by RomerJon17, 21 January 2013 - 10:45 PM.

COMMENT DELETED

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Ok, thanks for the link, i've downloaded the .max scene and i've gotta say it's impressive.....

It's impressive how someone could f*ck it up so badly. I'm sorry 3DStructures but my criticism isn't going to be pretty:

It has over two and a half million polys ( 2,684,449 to be exact) so it would lag the game a lot. This model wasn't designed to be put in any game because it's so needlessly high-poly and has detail in many places where it simply shouldn't be. The methods used to model it have created many many useless or unneeded polys. Imho, i'd say that 1/10th of the polys should be used, in other words this model uses ten times the recommended number of polys. The model was made in sketchup so it will most probably have collision or lighting or duplicated faces/polys/edges/verts or un-fixable lag bugs.

There are no textures on that DB link so i can't see what the model is supposed to look like, i can only critique the actual 3d model and critique the modeling quality + style + method.
I'm not pro 3d modeler but i do see where this model needs improvement, actually it's beyond repair in my opinion it should be scrapped and a new (optimised) one should be made. Some of the lower poly parts are salvageable but most of it is too different from the normal "video game modeling style" that it would be bad in-game.

Anyone got the textures for this version? I wanna see what it truly looks like, atm i'm just looking at it textureless because that DB link doesn't have any textures.

3DStructures, you are able to make some great stuff and your work is really nice, but it needs to be modeled differently to be able to work well in any game, let alone the lag-fest that is GTAIV. lol.gif

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 19:54)
Ok, thanks for the link, i've downloaded the .max scene and i've gotta say it's impressive.....

It's impressive how someone could f*ck it up so badly. I'm sorry 3DStructures but my criticism isn't going to be pretty:

It has over two and a half million polys ( 2,684,449 to be exact) so it would lag the game a lot. This model wasn't designed to be put in any game because it's so needlessly high-poly and has detail in many places where it simply shouldn't be. The methods used to model it have created many many useless or unneeded polys. Imho, i'd say that 1/10th of the polys should be used, in other words this model uses ten times the recommended number of polys. The model was made in sketchup so it will most probably have collision or lighting or duplicated faces/polys/edges/verts or un-fixable lag bugs.

There are no textures on that DB link so i can't see what the model is supposed to look like, i can only critique the actual 3d model and critique the modeling quality + style + method.
I'm not pro 3d modeler but i do see where this model needs improvement, actually it's beyond repair in my opinion it should be scrapped and a new (optimised) one should be made. Some of the lower poly parts are salvageable but most of it is too different from the normal "video game modeling style" that it would be bad in-game.

Anyone got the textures for this version? I wanna see what it truly looks like, atm i'm just looking at it textureless because that DB link doesn't have any textures.

3DStructures, you are able to make some great stuff and your work is really nice, but it needs to be modeled differently to be able to work well in any game, let alone the lag-fest that is GTAIV. lol.gif

Man.... confused.gif
I would stick Hbx84's model...

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 09:54)

This is what I also thought. Sketchup is not a good program to create game models. Even car models have such a high poly amount, that you can't even use them properly. The texture mapping sucks aswell imo.

Acttally I don't know why HBX's model was scrapped in the first way. It was okay. I could try to help making the mall for HBX's model, but not the whole thing, never modelled something like that before, but it's a siame to let this die

BKDeath20
  • BKDeath20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by BKDeath20, 16 January 2013 - 07:36 PM.

aww, that sucks, it's really a shame to let this die... sad.gif I've been wwaiting for wtc 0.4 to come out. So, that i can walk around the new wtc mod. Oh well.

loooks like, we're stuck with hbx's mod.

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 23:24)
QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 09:54)

This is what I also thought. Sketchup is not a good program to create game models. Even car models have such a high poly amount, that you can't even use them properly. The texture mapping sucks aswell imo.

Acttally I don't know why HBX's model was scrapped in the first way. It was okay. I could try to help making the mall for HBX's model, but not the whole thing, never modelled something like that before, but it's a siame to let this die

Sky,
You made quite a lot of great vehicles... Give a try to fix WTC 0.3 and upgrade it to WTC 0.4...
I have WTC directory signs and they're ready to be in-game. 3D Structure made a World Trade Centre indoor observation deck.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 08:54)

I'd agree. Its too good for today's standards.

So hold on to the model and maybe it can be used in GTA 10. (May sound rude. No offense, I'm not trying to be rude. But I'm serious. Some day, games will be like that and it will be great.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users