- binoculars on the wtc2 roof are not working

- in that barrier tape wtc 2 is something invisible block the way through

- lights in the elevator core are missing -> difficult at night

weidncol
  • weidncol

World Trade Center Mod Manager

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:14 PM Edited by weidncol, 06 July 2013 - 05:18 PM.

I know that someone posted a bug list a while back... Those are pretty much the major bugs. Once I find the bug list, I'll quote it..

EDIT: Don't feel like going through 300 pages to find it lol.gif

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

World Trade Centre Mod Facebook Page Manager

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:02 PM Edited by RomerJon17, 06 July 2013 - 11:05 PM.

weidncol

Improve Windows on the World

That's already mentioned on my post.
Add The Greatest Bar on Earth

*Wait for Hbx84's reply.
Add Underground Parking Area

Hbx84 will do it, but he needs help. He needs a World Trade Centre underground parking lot blueprint. I think 3DStructure has some.
Create Mall

3DStructure created one with Google Sketch-up. I hope it's possible to import it to 3D Max.
Add indoor observation deck to WTC 2

3DStructure created Indoor observation deck with Google Sketchup, but it would be good to share a WTC indoor observation deck to Hbx84.
Change Subway and ped paths around the WTC area

I don't know Hbx84 will or not do it. It's pretty to complicated but I hope he can fix the subway entrance. The paths will be fixed by someone who is really good at script/path editor.
And of course, bug fixes

Yes, there are quite a lot of bugs.

------

Saesch9933

So the bugs i found are:

- binoculars on the wtc2 roof are not working

- in that barrier tape wtc 2 is something invisible block the way through

- lights in the elevator core are missing -> difficult at night

Yes.. I notice there's something blocking at the Hudson river and the Happiness Island.

------

gta4ever_

my suggestions for wtc 0.4

-new signs

If you were talking about World Trade Centre subway stations. I can do that but I have re-painted subway station signs. I have to grab some default subway signs.
-water in the fountains

I remember back in 2011. Hbx84 did that and the computer crashed. We have to see the script workers can help him or not.
-remake the entrance of station

World Trade Centre 2 train station (City Hall). There are two subway entrances need to be fixed.

gta4ever_
  • gta4ever_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

@RomerJon17
I'm talking about the signs in front of the building, like the sign in my picture smile.gif

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (gta4ever_ @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 10:09)
@RomerJon17
I'm talking about the signs in front of the building, like the sign in my picture smile.gif

Oh... they don't need to be changed... They were old signs back in the 70s, 80s and the 90s. smile.gif

gta4ever_
  • gta4ever_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 00:16)
@RomerJon17

Oh... they don't need to be changed... They were old signs back in the 70s, 80s and the 90s. smile.gif

My sign is from 80's
I do a lot of work for nothing sad.gif ahahahahah biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (gta4ever_ @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 10:19)
@RomerJon17

My sign is from 80's

Ohhh gta confused.gif

It would be good to have them as for add-ons.

gta4ever_
  • gta4ever_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 00:22)
QUOTE (gta4ever_ @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 10:19)
@RomerJon17

My sign is from 80's

Ohhh gta confused.gif

It would be good to have them as for add-ons.

No problem, i can consider it like a training of modelling smile.gif
I want to do something for this mod, but i don't know what biggrin.gif

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:59 PM Edited by weidncol, 07 July 2013 - 12:09 AM.

@gta4ever_ your signs would be nice for an add on because some people may want the old style signs and some others may not.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:48 AM Edited by Limiter, 07 July 2013 - 03:09 AM.

Of course the if you add water in the fountain the game would crash...But since then, we have found a solution, in fact, I told Stilldre this once on one of his mod thread.

I posted the reason why water crashes somewhere in the GIMS thread as well... Let me go and find it.

EDIT, Here are the things you need to consider (TWO THINGS)

1: Someone on the GIMS Thread posted the solution to water crashing. The water system in GTA IV works like GTA SA. Meaning the corners of water for X and Y must be EVEN and ROUNDED. Eg. 6.0 is good, but 5.2 is bad. Also 3.0 is bad. Z coordinates have no rules. If you refuse to follow this, game will crash if you approach the water.

2: This other thing is something I found and it is posted in the GIMS thread... Please read...

QUOTE (Limiter)

I hate to double post, but I have completely something different to announce.

About water.dat and the amount of water planes it can handle

There seems to be a limit in water.dat for GTA IV in the amount of water planes the game can handle. From what I have tested, you are only allowed to export 412 water planes without the game crashing. Past that, GTA IV will crash while loading your save game or when loading into the game itself.

Basically if you refuse to follow this second rule, the game will crash when loading into the game itself.

If you follow by this, your GTA IV will have working waters and game will NOT crash.

Hope I solved you that problem. smile.gif

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:35 AM Edited by weidncol, 07 July 2013 - 06:15 AM.

QUOTE (Limiter @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 02:48)
Of course the if you add water in the fountain the game would crash...But since then, we have found a solution, in fact, I told Stilldre this once on one of his mod thread.

I posted the reason why water crashes somewhere in the GIMS thread as well... Let me go and find it.

EDIT, Here are the things you need to consider (TWO THINGS)

1: Someone on the GIMS Thread posted the solution to water crashing. The water system in GTA IV works like GTA SA. Meaning the corners of water  for X and Y must be EVEN and ROUNDED. Eg. 6.0 is good, but 5.2 is bad. Also 3.0 is bad. Z coordinates have no rules.  If you refuse to follow this, game will crash if you approach the water.

2: This other thing is something I found and it is posted in the GIMS thread... Please read...

QUOTE (Limiter)

I hate to double post, but I have completely something different to announce.

About water.dat and the amount of water planes it can handle

There seems to be a limit in water.dat for GTA IV in the amount of water planes the game can handle. From what I have tested, you are only allowed to export 412 water planes without the game crashing. Past that, GTA IV will crash while loading your save game or when loading into the game itself.

Basically if you refuse to follow this second rule, the game will crash when loading into the game itself.

If you follow by this, your GTA IV will have working waters and game will NOT crash.

Hope I solved you that problem. smile.gif

Wow this is awesome info for the sphere fountain! Thanks Limiter!

EDIT: Do you think we could get the update out on September 11 or maybe even before? smile.gif I know last year you tried, but you know...

pr94
  • pr94

The Executive

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:30 AM Edited by pr94, 07 July 2013 - 07:59 AM.

QUOTE (weidncol @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 19:14)
I know that someone posted a bug list a while back... Those are pretty much the major bugs. Once I find the bug list, I'll quote it..

Yup, that was me. :-D
I'll find my old bug report (V0.2 but mostly implies to V0.3)

EDIT: Here it is. A two years old letter to Hbx84... :-)

Main Plaza bugs, and bug-like things:

1. The main fountain's statue isn't static (you can walk trhrough it (weird :-O :-D )
2. At the statue between WTC 4, and 5: Sometimes the roots of the trees come out at the pavement's side (very little bug, eh? :-D )
3. There isn't enough place around the WTC 4, 5, 6 for the pavement... (Actually not a bug...)
4. On the place at the end of the South Bridge, just at the corner of WTC 2, are people standing at a wall, which isn't there... (Maybe the original wall, which was removed, but the peds are programmed to do so there...)

WTC 1, 2 bugs, and bug-like things:

1. The first two etages were mechanical floors, without nightlights.
2. Gap between the floors on the nightlights should be bigger.
3. In the lobby, the pillars have a texture problem.(Picture. Booth towers have this bug)
4. Sometimes, the leaves of the trees at the WTC 1 come through the glass..
5. Doors have some prolbem, you can see through above them... And now, in v0.3, you can see through between the pillar, and the wall (Picture (Note: picture is from v0.2, but the bug remains in v0.3))
6. Some texture bugs... (Picture #1, Picture #2. On picture #1, the floor's texture isn't correct, on #2, the wall's texture has an other texture on the left side, after the door.)
7. Lightpoles on the top of the North Building aren't solid. (Picture. Ouch! :-D )
8. Little bug: you cannot come down through the stairs from the antenna. The last choice is to jump... (Picture)
9. W.O.W. Restaurant: The seats at the windows have a vertical mirror line. In the mod, just the place of the mirror is there, the mirror is missing (sorry, no picture, but I'll make one shortly..)
10. You cannot shoot, jump, blah blah blah... The most faimous bug :-)
11. You can see the floor from outside (perforation... No picture, I'll make it, if I'm not too busy :-) )
12. If you choose the eastern elevator to come down from the observation deck, the queston stays on the screen after teleportation, and need to press Enter (other teleport messages disappear automatically..)

South Bridge:

Actually no bugs, but found an interesting thing: No place between the fence and the stairs. (You can pass through, but it's not perfect...) (Picture)

Whole WTC mod bugs / need to be improved:

Night lights for WTC 4, 5, 6.
Underground places (Mall, Subway, parking lot, etc..)
More interriors (Marryhot hotel, WTC 2 observation deck (the 107th floor), some office floors, etc...)
Ped walkpath, carpath fixes
Improve the lights of the South Bridge
Make all stair to act as a stair (to get the stair-walking effect from peds and the player)
Spawn a helicopter on the South Building helipad
Make an American flag for the buildings ;-)
Moving escalators

The links are still working. Fine. :-D

EDIT (again) : I will look for bugs in V0.3.5, but I have to download and install the mod. It takes about a day to get just the installer. (The net is really sh*tty at this Hotel which I am currently staying at... Ping is higher in ms than the number of floors in One WTC..)

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (pr94 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 18:30)

1. The main fountain's statue isn't static (you can walk trhrough it (weird :-O :-D )
2. At the statue between WTC 4, and 5: Sometimes the roots of the trees come out at the pavement's side (very little bug, eh? :-D )
3. There isn't enough place around the WTC 4, 5, 6 for the pavement... (Actually not a bug...)
4. On the place at the end of the South Bridge, just at the corner of WTC 2, are people standing at a wall, which isn't there... (Maybe the original wall, which was removed, but the peds are programmed to do so there...)

3. In the lobby, the pillars have a texture problem.(Picture. Booth towers have this bug)
5. Doors have some prolbem, you can see through above them... And now, in v0.3, you can see through between the pillar, and the wall (Picture (Note: picture is from v0.2, but the bug remains in v0.3))
6. Some texture bugs... (Picture #1, Picture #2. On picture #1, the floor's texture isn't correct, on #2, the wall's texture has an other texture on the left side, after the door.)
7. Lightpoles on the top of the North Building aren't solid. (Picture. Ouch! :-D )
8. Little bug: you cannot come down through the stairs from the antenna. The last choice is to jump... (Picture)
9. W.O.W. Restaurant: The seats at the windows have a vertical mirror line. In the mod, just the place of the mirror is there, the mirror is missing (sorry, no picture, but I'll make one shortly..)
11. You can see the floor from outside (perforation... No picture, I'll make it, if I'm not too busy :-) )
12. If you choose the eastern elevator to come down from the observation deck, the queston stays on the screen after teleportation, and need to press Enter (other teleport messages disappear automatically..)

South Bridge:

Actually no bugs, but found an interesting thing: No place between the fence and the stairs. (You can pass through, but it's not perfect...) (Picture)

More interriors (Marryhot hotel, WTC 2 observation deck (the 107th floor), some office floors, etc...)
Make all stair to act as a stair (to get the stair-walking effect from peds and the player)
Moving escalators

EDIT (again) : I will look for bugs in V0.3.5, but I have to download and install the mod. It takes about a day to get just the installer. (The net is really sh*tty at this Hotel which I am currently staying at... Ping is higher in ms than the number of floors in One WTC..)

Well.. umm Hbx84 can't do whole thing... If GTARandom and other good script/modeller makers can help him.. WTC 0.4 will be improved a lot.
If there's something missing. There will be WTC 0.5 ( Pending ).

pr94
  • pr94

The Executive

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 10:30)

South Bridge:

Moving escalators

Well.. umm Hbx84 can't do whole thing... If GTARandom and other good script/modeller makers can help him.. WTC 0.4 will be improved a lot.

Somebody asked about it, so I pasted it here. smile.gif I think, most of the bugs can be easily fixed, as they are mostly misplacements and misalignments.

I would not mention V0.5 so early... Let's have a working 0.4! colgate.gif

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:15 PM Edited by weidncol, 07 July 2013 - 08:26 PM.

QUOTE (pr94 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 13:44)

South Bridge:

Moving escalators

Somebody asked about it, so I pasted it here. smile.gif I think, most of the bugs can be easily fixed, as they are mostly misplacements and misalignments.

Agreed. You did say that bug list was from 0.2 right? If so, there aren't that many bugs in 0.3...

pr94
  • pr94

The Executive

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (weidncol @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 19:15)
QUOTE (pr94 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 13:44)

South Bridge:

Moving escalators

Agreed. You did say that bug list was from 0.2 right? If so, there aren't that many bugs in 0.3...

Yes, it's from V0.2. But since V0.3 is based on V0.2, I think not all, but at least 80% is still present. I checked it out once last year, and saw only a few one that got solved...

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

The windows need to be improved in the next update. If we make office interiors, the windows have to have this. I'm talking about the bar thing at the bottom. The Windows on the World also had that bar thing, but the indoor observation deck didn't.

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (weidncol @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 07:45)
The windows need to be improved in the next update. If we make office interiors, the windows have to have this. I'm talking about the bar thing at the bottom. The Windows on the World also had that bar thing, but the indoor observation deck didn't.

Someone has to do it for him. He can't do the whole thing... He need some good modeler helpers like Vlad, GTARandom, 3DStructure & other good workers..

----
Hbx84 was lurking at this thread.. Hehe and I can't wait for the screen shots. smile.gif

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 05:38)

Someone has to do it for him. He can't do the whole thing... He need some good modeller helpers like Vlad, GTARandom and 3DStructure..

Oh I completely understand. Just suggesting some things that could be in the update smile.gif

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (weidncol @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 16:39)

Someone has to do it for him. He can't do the whole thing... He need some good modeller helpers like Vlad, GTARandom and 3DStructure..

Oh I completely understand. Just suggesting some things that could be in the update smile.gif

You have to slow down with the post.. I was editing before... LoL xD

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 05:40)
QUOTE (weidncol @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 16:39)

You have to slow down with the post.. I was editing before... LoL xD

sorry lol.gif

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 06:38)

Someone has to do it for him. He can't do the whole thing... He need some good modeler helpers like Vlad, GTARandom, 3DStructure & other good workers..

----
Hbx84 was lurking at this thread.. Hehe and I can't wait for the screen shots. smile.gif

You don't need experienced modellers for that task^^

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 18:30)
QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 06:38)

----

You don't need experienced modellers for that task^^

Not highly experienced.. smile.gif
-----
But we'll see how it goes...

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Why did the columns and roof look so weird in some parts of Windows on the World such as this?
user posted image

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (weidncol @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 04:04)
Why did the columns and roof look so weird in some parts of Windows on the World such as this?
user posted image

THat's one rare photo... I like the design of it.. Too bad it's gone now.. sad.gif

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by weidncol, 08 July 2013 - 10:51 PM.

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 22:26)
user posted image

THat's one rare photo... I like the design of it.. Too bad it's gone now.. sad.gif

Was that still on the 107th floor with the rest of the restaurant?

EDIT: Posted this pic on the Facebook page

Maybe we can make WOW look like this is GTA IV (Only in exclusive area of course). This could go with my plan to improve Windows on the World

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (weidncol @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 09:26)
QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 22:26)
user posted image

Was that still on the 107th floor with the rest of the restaurant?

EDIT: Posted this pic on the Facebook page

Maybe we can make WOW look like this is GTA IV (Only in exclusive area of course). This could go with my plan to improve Windows on the World

This is Windows of the World Restaurant Blueprint Ceiling.

user posted image

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Nice find Jon! I see where this section is now

quantumflux432
  • quantumflux432

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:49 PM Edited by quantumflux432, 13 July 2013 - 12:13 AM.

That roof and those columns are just added and were not part of the original 107th floor.

Here's pre 1996 northeast corner of WoW.

user posted image

WoW closed from the 1993 bombing. In 1996 the new renovated WoW opened. Same area.

user posted image
user posted image

WoW only occupied the northeast corner of the 107th floor.

user posted image

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (quantumflux432 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 23:49)
That roof and those columns are just added and were not part of the original 107th floor.

Here's pre 1996 northeast corner of WoW.

user posted image

WoW closed from the 1993 bombing. In 1996 the new renovated WoW opened. Same area.

user posted image
user posted image

WoW only occupied the northeast corner of the 107th floor.

user posted image

Very nice pics smile.gif I really liked that design too bad its gone...

I though the whole 107th floor was WoW.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users