Photo

[REL|WIP] World Trade Center Mod 0.3

7,608 replies to this topic
RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

World Trade Centre Mod Facebook Page Manager

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 08:47)
QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 08:54)
Ok, thanks for the link, i've downloaded the .max scene and i've gotta say it's impressive.....

It's impressive how someone could f*ck it up so badly. I'm sorry 3DStructures but my criticism isn't going to be pretty:

It has over two and a half million polys ( 2,684,449 to be exact) so it would lag the game a lot. This model wasn't designed to be put in any game because it's so needlessly high-poly and has detail in many places where it simply shouldn't be. The methods used to model it have created many many useless or unneeded polys. Imho, i'd say that 1/10th of the polys should be used, in other words this model uses ten times the recommended number of polys. The model was made in sketchup so it will most probably have collision or lighting or duplicated faces/polys/edges/verts or un-fixable lag bugs.

There are no textures on that DB link so i can't see what the model is supposed to look like, i can only critique the actual 3d model and critique the modeling quality + style + method.
I'm not pro 3d modeler but i do see where this model needs improvement, actually it's beyond repair in my opinion it should be scrapped and a new (optimised) one should be made. Some of the lower poly parts are salvageable but most of it is too different from the normal "video game modeling style" that it would be bad in-game.

Anyone got the textures for this version? I wanna see what it truly looks like, atm i'm just looking at it textureless because that DB link doesn't have any textures.

3DStructures, you are able to make some great stuff and your work is really nice, but it needs to be modeled differently to be able to work well in any game, let alone the lag-fest that is GTAIV. lol.gif

I'd agree. Its too good for today's standards.

So hold on to the model and maybe it can be used in GTA 10. (May sound rude. No offense, I'm not trying to be rude. But I'm serious. Some day, games will be like that and it will be great.)

If another Grand Theft Auto for Liberty City. I bet One World Trade Centre will be on it.. LoL

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 22:33)
QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 23:24)
QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 09:54)
post-di-post

just another post

Sky,
You made quite a lot of great vehicles... Give a try to fix WTC 0.3 and upgrade it to WTC 0.4...
I have WTC directory signs and they're ready to be in-game. 3D Structure made a World Trade Centre indoor observation deck.

Well.

So some questions here and there. Is the observation deck in Sketchup? Does it fit HBX's tower or wasn't that tested, yet? The mall, were there any textures, yet? Using stores from the original GTA game? Maybe I can use the mall of 3dStructures and use it as a basic model, but that's only (again) if it fit's HBX's model(s). On the other hand, it may be something to start with, even if it does not fit.

Anyway, I could try to do some modelling, but the ingame part, the materials etc... I won't do this. I can create the "raw" model and map textures on it, but my time is also limited, I'm saying this just yet.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 21:49)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 08:47)
QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 08:54)
Ok, thanks for the link, i've downloaded the .max scene and i've gotta say it's impressive.....

It's impressive how someone could f*ck it up so badly. I'm sorry 3DStructures but my criticism isn't going to be pretty:

It has over two and a half million polys ( 2,684,449 to be exact) so it would lag the game a lot. This model wasn't designed to be put in any game because it's so needlessly high-poly and has detail in many places where it simply shouldn't be. The methods used to model it have created many many useless or unneeded polys. Imho, i'd say that 1/10th of the polys should be used, in other words this model uses ten times the recommended number of polys. The model was made in sketchup so it will most probably have collision or lighting or duplicated faces/polys/edges/verts or un-fixable lag bugs.

There are no textures on that DB link so i can't see what the model is supposed to look like, i can only critique the actual 3d model and critique the modeling quality + style + method.
I'm not pro 3d modeler but i do see where this model needs improvement, actually it's beyond repair in my opinion it should be scrapped and a new (optimised) one should be made. Some of the lower poly parts are salvageable but most of it is too different from the normal "video game modeling style" that it would be bad in-game.

Anyone got the textures for this version? I wanna see what it truly looks like, atm i'm just looking at it textureless because that DB link doesn't have any textures.

3DStructures, you are able to make some great stuff and your work is really nice, but it needs to be modeled differently to be able to work well in any game, let alone the lag-fest that is GTAIV. lol.gif

I'd agree. Its too good for today's standards.

So hold on to the model and maybe it can be used in GTA 10. (May sound rude. No offense, I'm not trying to be rude. But I'm serious. Some day, games will be like that and it will be great.)

If another Grand Theft Auto for Liberty City. I bet One World Trade Centre will be on it.. LoL

Bet that in GTA IV's universe, the Amir Tower Yusuf is in charge of looks like One World Trade Center. (Though its not 100% in the right location as to New York, other locations in LC are not in there right locations that there at in NY.) Yusuf said that his tower was going to be taller than Rotterdam Tower as well.

Also I think that is where the Liberty City version of the original twin tower World Trade Center once was. Otherwise, its easily said that LC makes the WTC look like its forgotten. By moving it, they can not offend people by having the original site in the game, and they don't offend people by making it look like it was simply forgotten. We all know that it would be there in Algonquin if 9-11 didn't happen.

Which is why I'm wondering if you guys might consider making the Liberty City version of the WTC, old and new.

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Well I'm back making videos smile.gif

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 09:32)
20DFPHXoNuA

I like that bit but it doesn't fit IV's vibe. Anyway video is great.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Confusing Map Maker

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Just wondering:How are you going to update the OP if hbx is not here anymore ?

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

i have invisible walls and people walking into things and inside trees what did i do wrong?

eflc tbogt/xliveless

pr94
  • pr94

The Executive

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 05:47)
i have invisible walls and people walking into things and inside trees what did i do wrong?

eflc tbogt/xliveless

The installer did not install the collisions properly.. I think you should reinstall the mod with the installer, or install it into an empty folder on your computer, then copy the files into the games corresponding folders. smile.gif

xFor3x
  • xFor3x

World Trade Center Mod Team - Member

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 09:32)

Nice video Jon. smile.gif

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 19:54)

I'm download 3D Max 2012 right now and I have 3D Max 2013 right now.. GIM isn't compatible with 3D Max 2013 and that's why I'm downloading 2012 version.
I will give a try with Hbx84's model and try to fix and add some stuff.. I have been using 3D Max two years ago when I was modelling R32. My old computer isn't strong enough to run 3D Max. I just need few helpers like GTARandom (Who is experienced using 3D Max).

I have been using UDK (Unreal Development Kit ) for a year and I'm still a game modeller. smile.gif I can be busy and I have only one year till I finish my High School. I will be really busy next few years due to TAFE and Uni stuff.

pr94
  • pr94

The Executive

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Tuesday, Jan 22 2013, 03:25)
QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 19:54)

I'm download 3D Max 2012 right now and I have 3D Max 2013 right now.. GIM isn't compatible with 3D Max 2013 and that's why I'm downloading 2012 version.
I will give a try with Hbx84's model and try to fix and add some stuff.. I have been using 3D Max two years ago when I was modelling R32. My old computer isn't strong enough to run 3D Max. I just need few helpers like GTARandom (Who is experienced using 3D Max).

I have been using UDK (Unreal Development Kit ) for a year and I'm still a game modeller. smile.gif I can be busy and I have only one year till I finish my High School. I will be really busy next few years due to TAFE and Uni stuff.

A little bit off topic:
UDK you say? I also used it to make some maps for UT2004... Can you port me those maps to UT3 if I send them to you? I tried to convert it, but it seems to be a problem that it contains non standard vehicles (like the ion tank)...

ON:
If you are making the mod in the future, don't forget about the huge buglist I sent to Hbx! ;-)
And keep up the good work!

gta4ever_
  • gta4ever_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:15 PM Edited by gta4ever_, 24 January 2013 - 06:34 PM.

Hi! I'm new in this forum.
I tried this mod, it's fantastic!

I'm very good with google sketchup, so if anyone needs help, I can try to build something

(sorry for my bad english, but I'm Italian)

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (gta4ever_ @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 09:15)
Hi! I'm new in this forum.
I try this mod, it's fantastic!

I'm very good with google sketchup, so if anyone needs help, I can try to build something

(sorry for my bad english, but I'm Italian)

We have everyone good at Google Sketch up.. But we have a problem.. We don't have anyone who is good at Autodesk 3D Max...

gta4ever_
  • gta4ever_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Isn't Google Sketchup good for this mod?

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (gta4ever_ @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 09:31)
Isn't Google Sketchup good for this mod?

I know I start to be a noob and I have 3D Max and GIM ready. How can I import the WTC on 3D Max?
-------------
Goggle sketch up isn't good for mods.. confused.gif

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

export the file from Sketchup to .3ds and import it in 3dsMax, pretty simple. You need Sketchup 5 to have .3ds as export option though.

zyonig
  • zyonig

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Great video, I love the time-lapse intro looking at the towers. Quality music too. icon14.gif

gta4ever_
  • gta4ever_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 13:21)
export the file from Sketchup to .3ds and import it in 3dsMax, pretty simple. You need Sketchup 5 to have .3ds as export option though.

you need sketchup PRO wink.gif

pr94
  • pr94

The Executive

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 15:21)

Yeah, but something is messed up with the collisions, and everything will have double textures (as I heard), so it won't be GTA-friendly. confused.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Sketchup makes many more bugs than just that.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (gta4ever_ @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 16:38)
QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 13:21)

you need sketchup PRO wink.gif

no, Sketchup 5 is just fine. It can export .3ds and you don't need a license.

And I agree on the posts above: Sketchup... well, sucks for modelling ingame things (cars, buildings etc). But since you just asked how to get it into 3dsMax, that was the answer ^

gta4ever_
  • gta4ever_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

is Gmax ok to make mods?

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Nope. 3dsmax. Hint: no-one here has paid thousands for a copy. wink.gif

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:08 PM Edited by RomerJon17, 24 January 2013 - 10:11 PM.

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Friday, Jan 25 2013, 07:41)

You can get it for free for Students.. (Legal)

I was asking about how to import Hbx84's model ( WTC 0.3 ) to 3D Max? Not 3D Structures model..

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:11 PM Edited by Frank.s, 24 January 2013 - 10:15 PM.

You can get it for free for Students.. (Legal)
I never said that's not what people do. lol.gif

asking about how to import Hbx84's model ( WTC 0.3 ) to 3D Max
1) Export all wdr's to odr's
2) Use GIMS wpl import function with "model import" checked.
3) ????
4) Profit.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Confusing Map Maker

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:25 PM Edited by Libertyking, 24 January 2013 - 11:26 PM.

I searched everywhere but I didn't found any information on what GIMS is.

Edit: Just found it. Game Indefinite Modding Suite

gta4ever_
  • gta4ever_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:18 AM Edited by gta4ever_, 26 January 2013 - 01:05 PM.

my first object in 3ds max: world trade center's fountain lol.gif
(I don't know how to make "The Sphere")

user posted image

pr94
  • pr94

The Executive

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (gta4ever_ @ Saturday, Jan 26 2013, 13:18)
my first object in 3ds max: world trade center's fountain lol.gif

user posted image

But it's something. If you keep trying, you will make even better models. You just need some experience, but that comes by time. wink.gif

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

[QUOTE=pr94,Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 07:57] [QUOTE=gta4ever_,Saturday, Jan 26 2013, 13:18] my first object in 3ds max: world trade center's fountain lol.gif

But it's something. If you keep trying, you will make even better models. You just need some experience, but that comes by time. wink.gif [/QUOTE]
Hbx84's model is pretty complicated to model without his editing max model. confused.gif

papaplata
  • papaplata

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ecuador

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 20:41)

Why you dont download 3ds max illegall? in my country is normal.... icon14.gif devil.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users