Photo

[REL|WIP] World Trade Center Mod 0.3

7,629 replies to this topic
WindedTrash
  • WindedTrash

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:53 PM

Bounds, you know the mapping that makes collision points. Like if you spawn a statue of happiness with a trainer it cant collision anywhere, because bounds do that for it. get it? Bounds are in .wpl or somekind of format

hbx84
  • hbx84

GTARandom is my God

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

Ahh ok^^ sorry i'm french and i didn't understand^^
the probleme is that I don't know how I can make them.... confused.gif Do you know how to do this ?

hbx84
  • hbx84

GTARandom is my God

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:01 PM Edited by hbx84, 14 February 2010 - 04:11 PM.

The interior, not finished of course x)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And I made a lift, but i won't be animed in the game confused.gif (or if I find how to do that). That's the lift we will use to go to higher stages...

Video lift

WindedTrash
  • WindedTrash

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:26 PM

Well actually i dont know how to make them. But if ther comes a tool to do those, should be useful. Other solution is to make a .wft model for this tower, which would lag the game like hell.

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

wow.gif EPIC!! This is incredible, amazing work biggrin.gif icon14.gif

But I have a concern; You know when you go past the helicopter altitude cap using a trainer, and you see weird lines, and black instead of horizon? Won't this happen when standing on top of the towers, since they are so high?

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:37 PM

@ LC stuntman.
I know what you mean, but if he makes it exactly the right height compared to the buildings/towers in real life and in the game, it shouldn't be a problem.
Take a look at this photo, if he made them the right height, they shouldn't be much taller than a few other buildings in the game.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Amd if you REALLY have a hard think about it, the possibilities of seeing the black horizen are slim, and also i'm pretty sure that would be under the height barrier, there fore helicopters can get up there. Let's just hope yeah? icon14.gif

hbx84
  • hbx84

GTARandom is my God

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

Hi !

For the black horizon, i think it won't appen, maybe it is due to the trainer. Because there is a video on YouTube of a parachute mod, and with this mod Niko can go at the top of the antenna of the Rotterdam Tower, so over the helicopter barrier, no bug appends.

Have you some news about shadow mapper ?

[LLC]NelsoN
  • [LLC]NelsoN

Baller

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:51 PM

It's just AWESOME ! The model looks great so far, I just can't wait to see how the interior of the first floors will look.
Keep up the good work man cool.gif

ddnt32
  • ddnt32

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:17 AM

Congratulations, man! This is one of the best mods I've ever seen! The idea of life in the building is good too, and the lift is great, but I think it would take too much time to go to the top of the tower with one of those. Maybe an elevator, like the one at Niko's safehouse (I think that is the old Playboy X's house)? I don't know if this is possible, but it would be nice too. The idea of keeping the low poly count is good, but I think it would not slow down so much. You said that it has over 52000 polygons, right? I've seen cars for San Andreas with more than this, I think... Anyway, good work so far, keep on! Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Brazil.

Cormega
  • Cormega

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:35 AM

Amazing work dude, just great!! icon14.gif

hbx84
  • hbx84

GTARandom is my God

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:09 PM

ddnt32 : it's an elevator like in playboy's house that I wanted to do, I made this animation just for fun^^

And I have a good new smile.gif : I succeeded to optimize a little the tower, now there are only 39084 polygons^^ biggrin.gif instead of 52000.

New picture of the interior soon^^

Dvt-MedShot
  • Dvt-MedShot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (LCstuntman @ Feb 14 2010, 20:53)
wow.gif EPIC!! This is incredible, amazing work  biggrin.gif   icon14.gif

But I have a concern; You know when you go past the helicopter altitude cap using a trainer, and you see weird lines, and black instead of horizon? Won't this happen when standing on top of the towers, since they are so high?

Those black lines are way further than you think. Just use airbreak and go high in the sky to test.

But @hbx84: You are awesome, just as the tower! I hope for you and all other mappers out there that collisions will be fixed soon, and of course that this whole thing will be possible. cool.gif

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:36 PM

I hope for you and all other mappers out there that collisions will be fixed soon, and of course that this whole thing will be possible.

I do too.

WindedTrash
  • WindedTrash

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:47 PM

The black ground you see when you go high enough is because you run out of farclip (It doesnt reach further away). So if you go even more higher, you see that the farclip doesnt even reach the ground, so everything below the character is black; you can only see the skydome above you. If you use the farclip lowering mod, which will lower it from 1500 to 500, you can see black already when you go high with helicopter.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:07 PM

Im most wprried about cols , maybe there would be a way to create WFT cols in Zmodeler and somehow import them to game as static object col...
Just my idea jk

hbx84
  • hbx84

GTARandom is my God

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:12 PM

Here the new photos of the new interior smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The elevators room (some areas)

user posted image (we can see Niko's lift^^)

user posted image

Don't worry about the cols, there will be a solution smile.gif wink.gif

kamil121
  • kamil121

I been doin this for nearly 3 years xD

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:52 PM

this is soo cool.definitely going into my game after its relased.im even planning to clear area where wtc should be and put there buildings to have it recreated.if ill be succesfull illl put up a pic.anyway great progress so far definitely will be there everyday if ill have it in game.maybe even ill make a safe house somwhere near it.

dj jazzy death
  • dj jazzy death

Baked. Fresh. Everyday. Doughboii

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:02 AM

So wait are you waiting for the new shadow mapper or when youre done youre just going to release it?

hbx84
  • hbx84

GTARandom is my God

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:31 AM Edited by hbx84, 16 February 2010 - 11:38 AM.

I will maybe release a beta of the towers without cols etc but they would be a little useless, they'll be just decoration... I will really release them when they will have all the features wanted.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

How about you guys somehow try to convert a huge wft col for tower from zmodeller i mean vehicles have em , they just aint static , i just thought that maybe and just maybe it might work if they were somehow specified as static objects in object.dat and just import to wpl file...?? What u guys think pls tell colgate.gif

hbx84
  • hbx84

GTARandom is my God

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

I don't know at all.. x)

dj jazzy death
  • dj jazzy death

Baked. Fresh. Everyday. Doughboii

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:16 PM

wait i forget what is cols

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

Collisions, so you can't go through the model.

hbx84
  • hbx84

GTARandom is my God

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:07 PM

humm I have a problem...

I wanted to try Shadow Mapper, I launch the start menu, and when I choose 128 mo, 2048 etc, when I enter a number (1-5) the window closes and nothing appends... ??

Have you an idea why it does it ? Maybe because I moded my game ?

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:03 PM

Collision is "solidness" of an object , without it you can move trought it like it isnt there at all u can only see it as decoration as someone said here already , theres no interactivity with it whatsoever.

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:28 AM

@hbx: It isn't the trainer, people have done this on Xbox in The Balld of Gay Tony with the parachute glitch, and have seen the same thing.

@DvT: I've been using "car speed up" tounge2.gif But I'll look again the next time I play using airbreak colgate.gif

WindedTrash
  • WindedTrash

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Feb 16 2010, 19:59)
How about you guys somehow try to convert a huge wft col for tower from zmodeller i mean vehicles have em , they just aint static , i just thought that maybe and just maybe it might work if they were somehow specified as static objects in object.dat and just import to wpl file...?? What u guys think pls tell colgate.gif

wft model would lower your fps to 0.1 havent you thought about why the game lags when tugs hit the ground? Theyre collision is large enough to lower your fps. Now imagine wft collisions for a huge tower...

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:29 PM

True but anyway when i said that i thought that somehow it could be edited and made for IV , And all in all it is best to wait for WBN/WBD col editor , we need a tool for those.

Scooby803
  • Scooby803

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:53 AM

Looks Good

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:37 PM

That's a very awesome mod, i would like to fly a airplane into the virtual WTC devil.gif

Do you think it's possible that the building can implode, when you hit it with a airplane or a flying tank xD?

Well, collisions should not be the reason that the game lag, since they do not need to be high poly, they can be uber-low poly since they there, that models are solid. A highpoly model can indeed lag, and can lower the FPS (Frames per second) icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users