Modern Warfare 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
539 replies to this topic
Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:58 AM Edited by Piperka, 24 May 2011 - 07:37 AM.

(Page Updated May 24 2011)

Coming November 8 2011

Developed by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games

user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (Kokatu)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is coming Nov. 8, 2011, Kotaku has learned, delivering with it mammoth battles that engulf a dozen cities around the world including New York, Paris and London.

Multiple sources have shared details of the game's story, art, sounds and game modes with Kotaku, noting that the game will reshape the landscape of the Call of Duty franchise, bringing an impressive number of eclectic settings, deep multiplayer gaming and a story that ties up nearly all loose ends from previous titles, including the final moments of key figures in the series' history.
While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we've gone to great lengths to nail down as much as possible the veracity of our sources. We believe that the imagery and chief details are accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release, but this appears to be a full run down of where Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software is on Modern Warfare 3 as they add the final polishing touches.

The game opens moments after the cliffhanger ending of Modern Warfare 2 with the U.S. struggling to stave off a surprise Russian attack. The single-player campaign will ping-pong players around the world as they take on the multiple throwaway roles as a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner as well as key characters from previous installments and new recurring characters. The game will feature about 15 missions, kicking off with the invasion of Manhattan by a Russian force and wrapping up with a final encounter in Dubai.

The plot, as described, seems to be keeping with developer Infinity Ward's habit of delivering complex, short sequences punctuated by lots of gunfire and scene changes. The game also has players take control of several vehicles, returning gamers to the AC-130 gunship as a gunner and plopping them down in a tank as part of a U.S. Armored Division.

The single-player campaign, which appears to wrap up most of the unanswered questions and character fates of the first two Modern Warfare titles, also introduces new characters who appear to be destined for future Modern Warfare games, especially two Delta Force operatives codenamed "Frost" and "Sandman".

Multiplayer in the game returns with a chunky list of playable maps as well as two types of Spec Ops modes: "Survival" and "Mission".

Activision, the series' publisher, still hasn't officially unveiled any details about the game, though executives have said that a new Call of Duty game was coming this year. Last year's Call of Duty: Black Ops, developed by Treyarch, sold more than 7 million copies in the first 24 hours and within six weeks reached $1 billion in sales.

We've contacted Activision for comment and will update the story when and if they provide reaction.

QUOTE (Kokatu)
We've been gentle so far in our revealing of what we know about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. We've tip-toed through the minefield of spoilers, and tried to reveal only facts anyone would want to know. That ends here.

What follows is a detailed summary of what we understand are the events of Modern Warfare 3 described to us by those in possession of dozens of images from the game, as well as voice over recordings. While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we believe that the imagery and this plot description is accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release. Levels could be altered or completely cut before the game gets into your hands.

While we're still keeping some major, pivotal moments close to our chestólet's just say we know some things we wish we didn't knowówe're about to lay the whole story out for you from beginning to end. Don't read on if you want to experience the narrative of Activision's bombshell shooter free from spoilers.

SPOILERS:

Modern Warfare 3 opens as Modern Warfare 2 closed: The United States under siege by Russian forces, ultranationalist Vladimir Makarov on the loose, Captain John "Soap" MacTavish and Captain John Price wounded and on the run with the Russian informant known as Nikolai.

Fleeing to a safehouse in Dharmasala, India, the three are attacked by Makarov's men. In this firefight players take on the role of Yuri, a loyalist who works for Nikolai. Their safehouse compromised, the group flee the area in a helicopter.

The game then cuts to Manhattan where Russia is launching an attack on the city from a fleet of ships parked in the Hudson River. (It appears the famous U.S.S. Intrepid may be destroyed.) The U.S. calls in Delta Force to repel the attack. You take on the role of Frost, a Delta Force operative under the command of Sandman. Your goal is to take out a jamming tower on top of the New York Stock Exchange to open the area for a U.S. counterattack.

Following the mission, Delta flies out of the city on a Blackhawk, gunning down enemy choppers as they make their way to the harbor where they have to infiltrate and take down a Russian sub which is coordinating the attack.

As the New York missions wrap up the game jumps forward in time half a year, thrusting players into the role of a Russian agent tasked with protecting the president of Russia as he flies to sign a peace treaty with the U.S. The plane is attacked by hijackers mid-air who attempt to kidnap the president and his daughter. The daughter manages to escape. The president of Russia in hand, Makarov vows to prevent a peace treaty by getting the launch codes out of the president and launching an attack against the U.S.

The game then returns us to Price, Soap and Yuri, now in Africa in a search for Makarov. They meet with a local South African arms dealer who tells them about a shipment of chemical weapons that Makarov is trying to buy. The group make their way to Sierra Leone to secure the weapons from African militia.

Next, players take on the role of an SAS operative who is tasked with stopping a delivery of weapons of mass destruction at a London dockyard. A gun battle ensues, and the agents are chased through the London subway. The mission culminates with a series of unmarked trucks exploding in front of the house of Parliament, releasing a deadly chemical agent.

Several other European cities and military bases are hit by similar terrorist attacks backed by Russia, and the death toll rises to the tens of thousands. The series of chemical attacks opens the door for a Russian military blitz strikes across the continent.

Price discovers that the South African arms dealer who tipped them off about the chemical weapons deceived them and travels to Somalia to find the man and interrogate him. Through the arms dealer, Price discovers that Makarov's right hand man, Volk, is hiding out in Paris.

The game's attention next shifts to Hamburg, Germany where players take on the role of a U.S. tank gunner fighting to push back a Russian advance backed by armored divisions.

As Hamburg falls, the game shifts us back to the story of Price and his crew. Now in Paris, players control Delta Force operative Frost who, with the help of the French special forces, leads an assault on Volk's location in the underground catacombs of the city. Next, players take to the sky supporting Frost's ground movements as a gunner in an AC-130.

After capturing and interrogating Volk, Frost learns that Makarov has a meeting in a Prague hotel. Players control Yuri as he and Soap slip into the Russian-controlled city and set-up an ambush for Makarov in a church bell tower. Makarov somehow catches wind of the trap and escapes. Soap, Yuri and Price then have to fight their way out of the city.

Yuri leads the team to one of Makarov's headquarters in the Czech mountains and the group infiltrates the location, looking for clues. They discover that the ultranationlist has the president and is trying to get the codes out of him. Makarov has also discovered the location of the Russian president's daughter. The group move out to Berlin to try and prevent her kidnapping. Playing as Frost, gamers must find the daughter and protect her, while making their way through war-torn Berlin. The daughter, however, is captured and flown away.

Frost next makes his way to the Kremlin where a task force of operatives attack and free the hostages, but Makarov manages to escape again.

The game's final mission occurs in Dubai, where Yuri, Price and Sandman launch an assault on a heavily guarded hotel, eventually finding Makarov and, yes, finally killing him.

It also appears that the game may also include a post-credits level that features the burning of Washington, D. C.

The stage seems set for a passing of the torch: from player-controlled members of Task Force 141 to the new characters from Delta Force.

We've contacted Activision for comment and will update the story when and if they provide reaction.

RomanViking
  • RomanViking

Labyrinth

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:52 AM

I want gore like World at War had.

But I think it might be asking too much of the developers to include things that previous games (in the same series) had turn.gif

And I want to see my character's feet when I look at the ground. Apparently we are just a floating gun with a hand attached cry.gif

A more cohesive plot, with downtime plz. Instead of continuous, mind-numbing action, they should have a scene where you and your unit are in the deep dark woods sitting around the fire -- awhile goes by and eventually most go to sleep in their tents -- ambush happens and most of your team is butchered in their sleep -- naturally the person you take the role of survives out of pure luck.

And at least one nuke needs to go off. Another should go off elsewhere, and later threats of yet another --- the player needs to feel like "this could be the end of the world" orly.gif

That is all.

XZGamer71
  • XZGamer71

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:26 PM

I like Roman Viking's downtime thing. Very good, I can imagine the player escaping and sneaking through the woods, I imagine another person being with you maybe, like a Vendetta type level.

It would be good finishing off the rest of the invading forces. And being in Moscow owning the Ultranationalists.

For Multiplayer i'd like a more tactical game type, more team talk and not "I'ma run in and save the day" Maybe you can assign a Sniper/Gunner etc.

I'd also love to carry on Soap and Price's story, be awesome if Ghost or Roach survived, it's impossible like but it's Modern Warfare init.

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

Include:

Locate games relative to region, like you were able to in WaW
Perk which removes killcam in non hardcore matches

Remove:

Death Streaks
Grenade Launchers
Akimbo Weapons
Last Stand/Final Stand

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:33 PM

M203's are fine, they shouldn't be as powerful as they are now. There shouldn't be a crosshair for M203's (or any grenade launcher) and add more 'sway' to them. You can f*cking kill ants from 100 with pinpoint accuracy.

But if they'd remove akimbo/deathstreaks and such it'd make the game too hardcore. Please keep in mind Infinity Ward develops games for 'tards and idiots who don't want to put 'effort' into their gameplay.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:01 PM

- The bodys to move when you shoot at them and leave wounded marks like Far Cry, after they die. I just hate after all this years, this feature to not be included in this series of Call of Duty/Modern Warfare. ( MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT I WANT ON THIS SERIES )
- To have more weapons on your back. At least give to him 4 weapons to choose ( again example from Far Cry ) not a pistol and a smg/assault rilfe.
- The gameplay at medium to not be so damn stupid, like I can't even take out half of my face from an wall, and already my screen becomes red-gelly can't see a damn thing, then I die after a bullet.
- To have cover, ( Key Q & E like in some old games ) the same reason above.
- Again with the gamplay levels, - low, medium, hard, etc to be adjustment much better. They suck bad.
- Blood Effect to not be in so excess, I can't see anything on my screen after that.
- The Gameplay and storyline to take much longer. ( Remaind me of Call of Duty 1 & 2 ).
- Enough with the superhero-human-powers-adrenaline-like-an-cyber-soilder- Van-Damme-Style at the end of the game from every series. I'm sick of that. I want something else.

Still this things will never come true, is useless, because they just doesn't listen to us, they never will. Sniff, Sniff.

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:22 PM

I think 3 weapons would be good, PRIMARY - SECONDARY - PISTOL

@Sauron.

Why remove deathstreaks? I think they're one of the games best aspects. If your having a bad time, a death streak helps you out to get a few kills

blazeGTAS
  • blazeGTAS

Playa

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Feb 7 2010, 09:58)
Well, I assume Modern Warfare 3 will be released in November 2011

Let's start with our wishlists.

- Longer storyline
- Better Multiplayer maps (Like COD4)
- Less time finding matches
- At least 2 claymores AND Grenade
- No more than level 55 online. (70? are you serious?)
- More Killstreak rewards, and at least an option of 4

Your Turn

What!? I'm not even tht good at MW2 and I'm level 59...

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

I disagree with 4 killstreak rewards, assuming that they're going to keep the same rewards from MW2. It's quite hectic already with only 3, unless they added some more low-kill rewards, I can't see them allowing 4 at once.

2 Claymores sound good though. And I'd like them to actually work, because in MW2 people are able to run straight through them without dying, regardless of what perks they're using.

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

- Claymores should have more damage/less range.
- A multiplayer mode without perks/killstreaks/deathstreaks/attachments (so it's about skill, not about assholeness)
- More weapons (why the hell did they remove CoD 4 weapons?)
- Better balanced weapons (they say they balanced it, but it just sucks. Why the f*ck can I snipe someone with a UMP, and kill someone close range with a FAMAS?)

blahblah1212
  • blahblah1212

Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:41 PM

Damnit, I just want to know what happened to Price, Nikolai, and Soap after Soap owned Shepherd with a Throwing Knife

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Feb 7 2010, 22:31)
- Claymores should have more damage/less range.
- A multiplayer mode without perks/killstreaks/deathstreaks/attachments (so it's about skill, not about assholeness)
- More weapons (why the hell did they remove CoD 4 weapons?)
- Better balanced weapons (they say they balanced it, but it just sucks. Why the f*ck can I snipe someone with a UMP, and kill someone close range with a FAMAS?)

Stop posting in red. It's blinding, and you're not cool.

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:04 PM

1) Longer storyline.
2) No Grenade Launcher/Thumper/RGP/AT-4 if one of them is selected.
3) Much better match-making.
4) More gamemodes, like the ones that were posted in the MW2 topic some time ago.
5) Better host selection.
6) No more stupid glitches (like the Care Package glitch. It doesn't even make sense. You're carrying a lighter item, yes, but you still have the heavier gun on your back, which would slow you down anyway confused.gif )

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:21 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I want to go back to WW2.

- Longer storyline.
- Bigger maps.

gtathebest4ever
  • gtathebest4ever

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:04 PM

I want more support for the PC community. MW2 sucked in that department. mad.gif

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (gtathebest4ever @ Feb 7 2010, 23:04)
I want more support for the PC community. MW2 sucked in that department. mad.gif

With Call of Duty 2 PC support was rather non existant and they already hinted towards a 'f*ck YOU' policy... it became more obvious with Call of Duty 4 (though people still believed Infinity Ward was the superior developer that doesn't screw people over big time because IW kept on making patches and gave the PC players an 'exclusive' map). Yet, by announcing a mapping contest for the game and NEVER having announced the winners/spread around the prizes they showed how much they cared about people modding their game. Eventhough those modders improved the game in some cases and/or made brilliant creations.

You can only expect things to get worse, a f*cking lot worse...

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

all I want is that they would add EVERY gun from the past MW games...it really doesn't make any sense to me as why they left out the cod4 weapons in mw2.

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

I think at least two of each equipment. CoD 4 & 5 had a perk that gave you two equipment, but that perk isn't in MW2. Seriously, 1 claymore? Alot of good that is

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (james227uk @ Feb 7 2010, 22:58)
I think at least two of each equipment. CoD 4 & 5 had a perk that gave you two equipment, but that perk isn't in MW2. Seriously, 1 claymore? Alot of good that is

Just have Scavenger/One Man Army on and you can get a second one easily, the whole 1 claymore thing isn't that big of a deal in my opinion.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Gezim @ Feb 8 2010, 02:21)

Then COD7 is coming this year I assume

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:35 AM

I want larger maps (like Seelow from WaW) only thing i really liked about WaW besides zombies was the huge maps.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:00 AM

They should've done huge maps and Base Assault in World at War. Base Assault could also work in the 'rumoured Vietnam war' setting though I highly doubt they'll bring back the brilliant old gametype.

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:50 PM Edited by Jackal1337, 08 February 2010 - 12:53 PM.

wishlist:

*less killstreaks(i know this will start some bitchin but seriosly killstreaks make people camp even more in this game, no one focuses on objectives in objective game types, COD is full of KDR whores)

*more perks - WaW had nice amount of perks(i also know that people start by saying: "MW2 has pro perks and pro perks are like individual perk" thats true for some perks but would stopping power pro([15% more damage to vehiles] act like individual perk??? just we would be shooting down UAVs or choppers with M4 -_-

*Better spawn system - Its enough to have 2 or 3 people camp in other teams spawn in demolition to spawn kill everyone

*Longer story - I know that some people are like "CODz iz allz aboutz MP" but it would be nice to have longer SP seriosly

*Last Stand revive - this should have been in MW2 alrdy... people have hoped for it since COD4, treyarch made reviveable last stand WHICH worked really good

*Grenade Launchers unlocked at after more kills - 10 Kills aint enough.. in WaW u could get grenade launcher after marksman IV(150 Kills) which was pretty balanced

QUOTE (Gezim @ Feb 8 2010, 02:21)

Then COD7 is coming this year I assume

it will be in vietnam, i guess treyarch confirmed it alrdy

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

I agree with the better spawn system, sometimes the places I spawn are damn right ridiculous. Once I spawned infront of an enemies face

About the less killstreaks, I find little people camping to get high killstreaks. Although I find Chopper Gunners in objective modes completely annoying

More perks. Sure, WaW had a nice variety of perks, but MW2 has more balanced perks. Your typical class in WaW would be Stopping Power, or for the noobs, juggernaut. MW2 actually makes you think sometimes what would work best on each class.

Last stand revive. Doesn't matter IMO. Last Stand got a bit annoying in WaW so in MW2 the time to stay alive is reduced. With final stand you don't even need reviving.

Noobtubes. I see little people with these now, even if I do it's not even a problem. As soon as they see me they're pretty much dead.

Well that's my view, but I know some people will see it differently

But for one of mine it has to be no riot shields. I've seen a few games where people sit in corners with them, and you can't frag them out because they have blast shield. Total annoying in demolition. They just get you when your planting them bomb when you have idiot teammates

jking
  • jking

Drama setter

• Members

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:23 PM

i actually liked the Reviving feature of Final stand in WaW, me and my buddy loved that you could do that...except when you would revive a teammate and they couldn't return the favor...i dont see why that couldnt come back.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

Looks like it's official, the recent lawsuits between Activision and the ex-leaders of IW have confirmed that there will be a Modern Warfare 3; http://uk.pc.ign.com.../1082949p1.html

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:02 AM

Parachuting into the Kremlin! happy.gif

heroe
  • heroe

V

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:20 AM

- longer story
- being able to see feet
- pilot a jet
- walking through a living breathing military base
- bigger map
- less men aiming at you
- more options/mission pertaining to being underwater
- take away or adjust koo-laid on the screen
- better automatic aiming system for people who like to quickly aim down a target
- more amazing scenes that make you say oh sh-t

DEP
  • DEP

The Perfect Design

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:24 AM

i want MW3 not to be sh*t like MW2

dont have a go.. just an opinion

it should not be set anywhere near the middle east, maybe south/central america.

more focus in the single player.

more customization.

Twang of Calimari
  • Twang of Calimari

Dancing is Forbidden

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:34 AM

I'd like to have all the maps from the previous ones on disc and available if/when I buy it, including DLC maps. I know I'm asking for a bit of generosity, but it would be sweet. What could be wrong with more/a better variety of maps?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users