» «
Photo

[WIP|BETA] ViceCityStories PC Edition

13,554 replies to this topic
lolya
  • lolya

I hate stairs

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:05 PM Edited by lolya, 25 January 2014 - 02:07 PM.

And a little bonus, some text from Vice City. In fact, the Hyman Memorial stadiums interior exists in san andreas, right under the Liberty City chunk. The place lacks collision but the big sandbox has collision.
"img"

This interior was reused as Los Santos Stadium. It appears on mission 'Blood Bowl'. But VCS has different interior from SA or VC, so they needs to be made separately.

Ridd1cK
  • Ridd1cK

Prankster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

Were you thinking about including Trash Dash side-mission?

and if I'm not mistaken there is one policeman ped model walking on a streets of VC right? What about adding one more, the enhanced model of Vice City cop ped model? :)

Diablosrouge
  • Diablosrouge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:58 PM Edited by Diablosrouge, 27 January 2014 - 05:59 PM.

Hey you guys still alive?

You better be! :)

PS: It's [PTM]Al_Pacino here. The usernames changed while i was out..

Ridd1cK
  • Ridd1cK

Prankster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

no, they're not.

• Mr. Jago likes this

Keith Ward
  • Keith Ward

Mark Ass Bitch Punk Trick Busta Fool

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

They're either REALLY busy working on the mod... or more likely, REALLY busy doing other things not related to the mod.

• MMProductions likes this

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

Dreams, what are they

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

no, they're not.

yes, if it weren't for that one fateful trip to the bowling alley to celebrate silver palmetto they would still be with us

rip vcs pc team, taken too soon

• Ash_735 and Silent like this

Diablosrouge
  • Diablosrouge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:54 AM

Theres a new SA-MP version being released soon which brings some more interesting things. I'm even motivated towards resuming my RP project ever since college, though it's a shame we still don't have a client support for VCS D:

Ridd1cK
  • Ridd1cK

Prankster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

it's a shame we still don't have a client support for VCS D:

So you want to play MP using unfinished map... ok.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

it's a shame we still don't have a client support for VCS D:

So you want to play MP using unfinished map... ok.

It's not just the map, It's the new cars, weapons, player skins, and other new VCS stuff.

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Thug

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

But East Island is not ready yet.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Then let's just play at the west island, There's plenty of stuff there.

Diablosrouge
  • Diablosrouge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

Theres stuff in the West Island that can keep players busy for a year on multiplayer (specially on roleplay servers) and then we can always use the East Island with parts of VC and parts of VCS, thats not a problem :p

People would play the game as it gets developed at the same time so we could hipoteticly assume the city was in constant evolution :D

Now seriously, the mod is more than stable for us to play a multiplayer, theres more than enough content to allow us to play a multiplayer and this would only help the VCS project with more range for feedback and bug reports, while at the same time we are having lots of fun playing with each other. I'll revive that topic in the SAMP forums within a couple of days after 0.3z is released to see if the devs react.

HackMan128
  • HackMan128

alovelyday

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:57 PM Edited by HackMan128, 28 January 2014 - 09:11 PM.

It reminds me this: youtube

// EDIT

I think it would be nice only for few fans here and there, mostly people awaiting for GTA V on PC. A bit shame we haven't this enthusiasm/knowledge seven years ago.

Diablosrouge
  • Diablosrouge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

I dream of a LCS + VCS pack man that would blow everyones minds. They are way more polished than LC + VC (normal)

Blacklight21
  • Blacklight21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

I dream of having campaign co-op in GTAs... just sayin'

• fluxz1 likes this

Xanthi
  • Xanthi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

I dream of having campaign co-op in GTAs... just sayin'

+1

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

someone just needs to update GTA United 1.2 with VCS/LCS stuff...

Diablosrouge
  • Diablosrouge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

It's easier to merge LCSPCE with this one but I'd rather see this one finished first.

Claude Liberty
  • Claude Liberty

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

Then we have to get proper LCS map convert. Not XEPOMAHT's one, because he takes absolutely random thing and converts it again and again and furthermore seems to "update" it with his own stuff which doesn't fit in at all. I think Hackman's map will work out.

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

I'm new to this whole modding thing... If I install this, would I still be able to play original SA?

Sorry if noobish question...

Ridd1cK
  • Ridd1cK

Prankster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

I'm new to this whole modding thing... If I install this, would I still be able to play original SA?

Sorry if noobish question...

Yes. But don't install this mod to San Andreas folder.

• Silent likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

OK, I should probably break the silence here, the project is back on hold status I'm afraid. We're just all busy with things, Luten is currently doing exams so map progress is on hold, Silent is actually the mod of this section on the forum now so he's got to juggle this along with schoolwork to, CP is busy working on the odd thing here and there but is spending time researching other things and I'm just in a mess with a girl and then there's work, etc. So yeah, we're all pretty much split at the moment, not sure what NTA is doing, we don't seem to talk, haha.

We're not doing a Stories Pack, there's a reason we broke off originally from that idea because we didn't like how it was managed and such insane restrictions and communication issues, and really ever since going it alone, we have our own tools made by Silent and HackMan which have grown amazingly well since they first came about to the point where we're doing everything as close to native as possible, we work how we like, it gets the best results that way, so we're not going back into a joint team where we have too many restrictions and stuff.

Multiplayer, AGAIN, putting thought into this, it would be wise to wait until the map, peds and remaining vehicles are done, along with weapon stuff 9but hey they can be patched later), in all honesty, once we give that flag the all clear, then perhaps a breakaway team can jump in and start on the Multiplayer, there's a lot of stuff left behind to work with here, I've already put all the MP radar related stuff into the games files to be used if people want to activate them (along with a few SA throwbacks remade in VCS style to fit in with SAMP, etc). But right now, it wouldn't the best idea as the map is on hold, and we'd really like that side to be done and polished first (along with the bugs fixed on the West Island to) before we start letting people run around in MP matches there.

I can't say when the next patch is coming, but I'm always holding it back until we have something WOW to give you guys for this wait, truth is there hasn't been much visual progress, there's a load of under the hood changes, but there's still issues and bugs outstanding I want fixed before we let it out, yeah, I'm real picky about that, I just don't want stuff rushed out, not working, floods of bug reports our way, etc. We all have like a short list of stuff, and, yes, I'm a bit of a bastard perfectionist like that, it would just annoy me to approve an update knowing these issues are still there, some are easy to fix, but it falls back into the time issue and how we're all busy, truth is, this is the first week I've had in a long while to actually sit down and just relax as well as check things here and have a chat with Silent, CP and Luten

For the people who want to join the translation team, yes, it's been a bit of a mess, time/contact issues, blah, blah, blah, but we are proud to say at least the Hungarian translation is coming along very well and the person doing it is someone who actually worked on the Hungarian Translation project for Max Payne 3! So he's just flying through this! So massive props to that dude who got in touch with us over ModDB.

So yeah, ending off, progress has been slow, but stuff has happened, to round off what's been done so far, here's the update notes for the next patch, we're hoping to add a lot more to this and bring back something to make you guys go WOW again because I feel like we've not done that for a while, we just need to work out what it is we can throw at you guys to make you happy again, anyway, yeah, current Patch Notes thus far:

- NEW: VCS PC Edition now features an official "Project 2dfx" DLC (created by TheJAMESGM and ThirteenAG). You can grab it from the game menu DLC screen
- NEW: Criminal Rating in Stats menu
- NEW: Fontset support updated, game now has language support for English / French / Italian / German / Spanish / Polish / Portuguese / Hungarian
- FIX: News reports don't play on BMX anymore
- FIX: San Andreas police cars and cops will not spawn anymore
- FIX: Miscoloured lock pickup fixed
- FIX: Relocated and rescaled OSD items (HUD, Radar, etc) to use 2007+ Display Safe Zones
- FIX: Fullscreen splashes now scale correctly
- FIX: Menu background is now displayed differently so it looks good on all resolutions
- FIX: Game now sets a correct keyboard layout for default keyboard sets being set to any EFIGSP language
- FIX: Corrected some Font errors
- FIX: Radio EQ bug on bikes should no longer occur
- FIX: Vehicles now have the correct Default Radio ID (No more Paradise FM playing by default everywhere)

Hope this clears up where we are currently at, sadly I wish I could bring you better news, but hey, real life always gets in the way, but we're still committed to this project and my stupidly high quality standards will make sure things get pushed through! (much to the annoyance of Silent :p)

• Keith Ward, Masny, Usman55 and 7 others like this

Diablosrouge
  • Diablosrouge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:14 PM Edited by Diablosrouge, 29 January 2014 - 06:15 PM.

Well I can do with the portuguese translation if you want, just tell me where the stuff is and i'll do it. I wont bother you except to give you the translation once it's done.

I have some experience with these kind of translations since I've done part of the PT translation of the game 1100AD.

• MMProductions likes this

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

The telephone, now hanging in 3D

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

I dream of a LCS + VCS pack man that would blow everyones minds. They are way more polished than LC + VC (normal)

Yeeeeeaaaahhhh, well to bad the two are different.

lonestar55
  • lonestar55

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:59 PM Edited by SilentPL, 01 February 2014 - 08:45 PM. Not relevant to the topic at all.

[cut]

Aerotactics
  • Aerotactics

Hit me up on SAMP!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by Aerotactics, 31 January 2014 - 09:32 PM.

I found some bugs that I posted on moddb, I wasn't sure which site the dev team views most often so:

I found a bug with the new Insurrection car. When it tries to use a turn signal, the wrong light on the car is blinking, but the correct light cone is blinking.

Another bug, when entering the icon to buy a vehicle, it forces the camera upwards.

It turns out that anytime the player is forced to freeze, the camera does that.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

I found a bug with the new Insurrection car. When it tries to use a turn signal, the wrong light on the car is blinking, but the correct light cone is blinking.

...turn signals?

It turns out that anytime the player is forced to freeze, the camera does that.

Just tested, cannot reproduce it. What's your screen resolution?

Also, nice secret car you found there. We didn't find any good use for it yet :pp

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:01 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 31 January 2014 - 10:02 PM.

Don't really like posting screenshots here since it sorta feels like spam.. I would post it in the Screenshots and Media thread but unless my cars are mirrors then it ain't appreciated. :p

biEeLdS.png
gCW0Fhb.png
5dXhtDl.jpg
kiWPcW3.png
pO0X8sh.png
EjCG3Ir.png
DjpgvI6.png
31ciFu8.png
  • Keith Ward, LINK/2012, Mr. Jago and 1 other like this

Diablosrouge
  • Diablosrouge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

meh.. thanks to those pictures im going to plugin my PS2 again and replay the game from scratch. I'm really missing VCS right now.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

That's a fancy looking parachute. Was it a retexture of SA's?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users