[WIP|BETA] ViceCityStories PC Edition

14,627 replies to this topic
TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (s162216 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 23:01)
Got a DMP file for you, I got into a tank and tried firing the cannon... except when I did it actually catapulted the tank, spinning me across the map (very far i.e from the hospital by Starfish island right to the other side of Starfish island! probably biggest insane stunt rotation, 7723 degrees anyone?). Thinking it was just a random glitch I tried again and the same thing happened except the tank decided blow up in midair and the game then crashed.

DMP file can be found here: gta-vcs-20130903234749.dmp

Don't know if this is a known glitch or not, but thought you might want to know.

The bug has been mentioned.. A LOT of times. You're clearly not supposed to have a tank at any point in the current beta so I don't see why you should report bugs about something that should technically be impossible to get without cheats.

s162216
  • s162216

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (TheJAMESGM @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 23:04)
Got a DMP file for you, I got into a tank and tried firing the cannon... except when I did it actually catapulted the tank, spinning me across the map (very far i.e from the hospital by Starfish island right to the other side of Starfish island! probably biggest insane stunt rotation, 7723 degrees anyone?). Thinking it was just a random glitch I tried again and the same thing happened except the tank decided blow up in midair and the game then crashed.

DMP file can be found here:  gta-vcs-20130903234749.dmp

Don't know if this is a known glitch or not, but thought you might want to know.

The bug has been mentioned.. A LOT of times. You're clearly not supposed to have a tank at any point in the current beta so I don't see why you should report bugs about something that should technically be impossible to get without cheats.

I didn't actually cheat to get the tank itself per say... I just increased my wanted level to 6 stars for a bit of fun after finding that the maximum I could get it to normally before the game crashed usually was 5 stars (although I did manage to briefly get it to 6 once but it then rapidly crashed) I then just got into one of the tanks that come to attack you at that level.

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (s162216 @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 06:22)
QUOTE (TheJAMESGM @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 23:04)

DMP file can be found here:  gta-vcs-20130903234749.dmp

I didn't actually cheat to get the tank itself per say... I just increased my wanted level to 6 stars for a bit of fun after finding that the maximum I could get it to normally before the game crashed usually was 5 stars (although I did manage to briefly get it to 6 once but it then rapidly crashed) I then just got into one of the tanks that come to attack you at that level.

You can't get 6 stars in this stage of the game in original VCS, either.

Bobby M.
  • Bobby M.

SA-MP Maniac

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

Great mod.
I can't wait someone to make multiplayer from this like with GTA United

It would be awesome!

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulator user

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

Is there any trainer that works with this mod? I just want to spawn some cars.

Snitch

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:28 AM Edited by 65536, 21 January 2014 - 07:41 PM.

Really, no. I use CrazyTrainer +350 and most of its features doesn't work on Beta 3 (but they worked on the older Beta 2 version). Especially, only toggling options will works on it, as and few non-toggling, like for saving a screenshot. Beta 3 itself doesn't have a gta_sa.exe in its directory, so this is probably the reason most trainers do not works on VCS Beta 3. As from toggling cheats, I couldn't get "Infinite Health" to works - player still can get die and get wasted even while it is turned on. So you'll need to use any CLEO scripts with the game doing this what you're search - most of them really works, but some might crash your game.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:16 AM Edited by SilentPL, 07 September 2013 - 10:17 AM.

Really, no. I use CrazyTrainer +350 and most of its features doesn't work on Beta3 (but they worked on the older Beta 2 version). Especially, only toggling options will works on it, as and few non-toggling, like for saving a screenshot. Beta3 itself doesn't have a gta_sa.exe in its directory, so this is probably the reason most trainers do not works on VCS Beta 3. As from toggling cheats, I couldn't get "Infinite Health" to works - player still can get die and get wasted even while it is turned on. So you'll need to use any CLEO scripts with the game doing this what you're search - most of them really works, but some might crash your game.

That's what -novcsname commandline option is available. Look it up in one of my update posts.

EDIT:
Is it just me or I don't get mail notifications anymore?
  • Blackbird88 and Mr. Jago like this

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulator user

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Really, no. I use CrazyTrainer +350 and most of its features doesn't work on Beta3 (but they worked on the older Beta 2 version). Especially, only toggling options will works on it, as and few non-toggling, like for saving a screenshot. Beta3 itself doesn't have a gta_sa.exe in its directory, so this is probably the reason most trainers do not works on VCS Beta 3. As from toggling cheats, I couldn't get "Infinite Health" to works - player still can get die and get wasted even while it is turned on. So you'll need to use any CLEO scripts with the game doing this what you're search - most of them really works, but some might crash your game.

That's what -novcsname commandline option is available. Look it up in one of my update posts.

EDIT:

Thanks man. It works perfectly now.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by Tycek, 07 September 2013 - 05:48 PM.

I tried to play Beta 3 today and I received error "0xE0434F4D at 0x7C81EB33". After that game started normally to main menu, but after loading it stops on black screen. 

DMP: https://www.opendriv...3NTAwNF93ODhyQw

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by SilentPL, 07 September 2013 - 08:16 PM.

That's one f*cked up error. Not sure if I'll be able to find a reason for that, I'll need to ask.

EDIT:
Tried reinstalling .NET Framework 3.5?

Vice City Crockett
  • Vice City Crockett

Vice Squad

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

I don't think it's only you, I don't seem to either.  :panic:

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:18 AM Edited by Tycek, 08 September 2013 - 10:55 AM.

That's one f*cked up error. Not sure if I'll be able to find a reason for that, I'll need to ask.

EDIT:

I did and it helped. The error disappeared, but the game still doesn't work. It loads properly, but instead of a intro I got this "illegal operation" blipping windows sound and game stops on black screen. Pressing ESC take me straight to the dashboard instead of menu. DMP file isn't created this time. 

I'm open to any hints, but if it takes too much of your time, don't bother. I can live with the fact that it simply doesn't work on my computer and I won't have hard feelings. I've completed VCS many times, so I wanted to check the beta out of simple curiosity what can be achieved by hard work of small group of fans. 

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

EDIT:

I have a little request - you mentioned the commandline available to add to a config file of some sort, so could you include an example one on the next update? It helps when I can toggle it instead of having to edit VCS shortcut all the time  :colgate:

[PTM]Al_Pacino
  • [PTM]Al_Pacino

Vice City Stories PC Edition supporter

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

EDIT:

I did and it helped. The error disappeared, but the game still doesn't work. It loads properly, but instead of a intro I got this "illegal operation" blipping windows sound and game stops on black screen. Pressing ESC take me straight to the dashboard instead of menu. DMP file isn't created this time. 

I'm open to any hints, but if it takes too much of your time, don't bother. I can live with the fact that it simply doesn't work on my computer and I won't have hard feelings. I've completed VCS many times, so I wanted to check the beta out of simple curiosity what can be achieved by hard work of small group of fans. 

Did you try to deactivate DEP for vcs?

Also make sure you run it as admin (right click the shortcut, properties, compatibility, tick run as admin).

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

EDIT:

I have a little request - you mentioned the commandline available to add to a config file of some sort, so could you include an example one on the next update? It helps when I can toggle it instead of having to edit VCS shortcut all the time  :colgate:

But... commandline.txt. Just like in GTA IV and Max Payne 3.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

EDIT:

Did you try to deactivate DEP for vcs?

Also make sure you run it as admin (right click the shortcut, properties, compatibility, tick run as admin).

As far as I know XP doesn't need nor have run it as admin options. 

Also the VCSPC got something like this from the last run:

[08/09/2013 19:15:04] Launching GTA: Vice City Stories PC Edition v3.0 BETA "Blue Hesper" build 1163...
[08/09/2013 19:15:04] Logging started
[08/09/2013 19:15:04] Color Mod loaded: YES
[08/09/2013 19:15:04] Assigning variables...
[08/09/2013 19:15:04] Patching miscellaneous game data...
[08/09/2013 19:15:04] Emergency key thread created
[08/09/2013 19:15:38] Opcode 0352 called with params: 0 plr

Maybe it will help you a bit

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

Have you tried at least removing colormod.dll for now? See how the game works after that, because really everything should be finr from what I've read of your set up.

• Tycek likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:25 PM Edited by Tycek, 08 September 2013 - 07:32 PM.

It was colormod indeed. Without it, it works normally. Thank you very much guys. 

Have you managed to find a way to build empire construction activity? 

Mod is great, I've found some differences from the PS2 original, but it's nothing that would ruin the game. Apart from that fantastic work. Can't wait to see more of it. 

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by SilentPL, 08 September 2013 - 08:27 PM.

It was colormod indeed. Without it, it works normally. Thank you very much guys.

f*ck YES, finally.

I'll edit the post with an answer to the rest of your post later, if you don't mind.

EDIT:
So, Empire system is not done yet and pretty much nothing is finished code-wise. I have it loosely planned in my head though.
  • Deadly Target likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

Great, I'm sure it will be worth waiting for. 

Couple of questions if you don't mind:

Are you aware of dancing folding chair, which is looking like it was ironed by steam roller, in the Martinez's office during cutscenes?

Are you aware of rather strange acting (aiming at the floor) and strange mimics of Phil in Cleaning House cutscene?

And more pleasant question:

Would it be possible somewhere in the future to release parts of your modification as a mods for VC. I am mostly thinking about wonderful neons (I haven't seen such a mod made in intelligent way - copy, paste are not worth it) and some of the cars (mostly Washington, which is much nicer in VCS, but also couple of others). 

Thank you for the answers, even if they will be negative.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

Dancing Chair, *sigh* Update your game, this was fixed :p

Phil's aiming, animation issue, weapon related.

Ehhh, I can't answer the content one, I'd prefer it if we kept it held tight here first before we then go porting it around. And trust us, we have a lot to do as it is.

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

But... commandline.txt. Just like in GTA IV and Max Payne 3.

I don't have IV anymore (moved to a new PC) so I really didn't know that  :bored:

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:59 AM Edited by Tycek, 10 September 2013 - 12:00 PM.

@Ash

I have no doubt that you have a lot of work with the mod, hence "possible, somewhere in the future" in my question. There are priorities of course and finishing the mod is far more important than releasing mods for already released and quite old game.

I've found some issues that maybe you want to hear about? First is sound issue, which I am sure wasn't happening in SA. Sometimes during the game all sounds are just cut and only music can be hear (buildings interiors and cars). Other sounds are just gone and even the "cutscenes" (these inside missions, not before) are silent. Only way to regain the sound back is to visit safehouse.

Boomshine Blowout got some issue with the forklift. For couple of times, I couldn't load the box on the forks, for couple it just fell off (without hitting anything) and couple of times it just decided to hang in the air (mostly last box). 

Is cisland available to install. I got information about update (btw great option), but after downloading and installing it,  I got message "Installation failed." Restarting the game, gives update available message, but it ends up with the same way every time.

Thanks for your time. 

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Is cisland available to install. I got information about update (btw great option), but after downloading and installing it,  I got message "Installation failed." Restarting the game, gives update available message, but it ends up with the same way every time.

What file does it fail at exactly?

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

I don't know if you actually fixed something or Murphy's Law decided to work, but this time, a few minutes ago game updated completely and without single problem. I've tried that fifteen times always getting error at either cisland.img or cisland.ipl, but this time it worked. Guess it was the weather.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

I don't know if you actually fixed something or Murphy's Law decided to work, but this time, a few minutes ago game updated completely and without single problem. I've tried that fifteen times always getting error at either cisland.img or cisland.ipl, but this time it worked. Guess it was the weather.

Looks like deleting files may fail at times (I should have really checked it on XP, maybe some privilege stuff is failing when UAC isn't present), but removing the file before an update (so you redownload an updated one via updater.exe) usually seems to help :)
  • Vice City Crockett likes this

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Uhm, Silent, I don't mean to complain but you said CLEO should work fine with VCS PCE right? I can't get it to work for some reason - putting cleo.asi and CLEO folder into VCS PCE directory and nothing works. Or maybe only CLEO4 is supported?

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

You need also bass.dll I guess. Or some other asi loader, I'm not sure if VCSPC's one loads anything more than mod's dll. :p

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

You need also bass.dll I guess. Or some other asi loader, I'm not sure if VCSPC's one loads anything more than mod's dll. :p

It does, the ASI loader is inbuilt and using any other loader will actually mess the game up.

I never tested if CLEO3 works with the mod, but CLEO4 works just fine.

[PTM]Al_Pacino
  • [PTM]Al_Pacino

Vice City Stories PC Edition supporter

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Cheatersssssssssss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users