Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (gmortars @ Jun 29 2013, 01:19)
The marker outside the hospital was still not there, though, but it's not much of an issue.

Yeah, that's actually my fault. R* messed up some code in Paramedic mission and I accidentally removed the marker completely by 'fixing' it.

QUOTE (RonBWL @ Jun 29 2013, 05:06)
After all R* released Mac version for III/VC/SA, but Stories, well...  dozingoff.gif

Mac 'ports' are just wrapped PC games. Not much of an effort!

gmortars
  • gmortars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (RonBWL @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 05:06)
QUOTE (gmortars @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 08:19)
Can I say groovy? Rockstar ought to offer you a job. Then maybe we'd get proper PC ports. biggrin.gif

We all knows it's Sony who make it impossible to get Stories PC port dozingoff.gif After all R* released Mac version for III/VC/SA, but Stories, well... dozingoff.gif

I was actually referring to the near-unplayable mess that were the ports of III and IV. As for Stories, I'd actually sooner blame Rockstar. They accepted the deal, no? I imagine they didn't have to. Personally, I hate the concept of exclusives and it most certainly didn't make me rush out and buy a PSP or PS2 so I could play LCS and VCS. But I would've certainly bought both games for PC if they were made available though I guess Rockstar doesn't really want my money. Either way, I love both LC and VC and have always hoped for another visit to both, which is why I'm very excited about this mod.

files02116
  • files02116

The Running mate

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

@Silent, have you experienced this? Before I complete the rampage which killing all biker with AK-47 all sounds except radio went mute after I complete the rampage which it only has the mission complete sound..after that the whole game is mute except the radios in vehicle but IDK if this thing got already reported

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (files02116 @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 12:16)
@Silent, have you experienced this? Before I complete the rampage which killing all biker with AK-47 all sounds except radio went mute after I complete the rampage which it only has the mission complete sound..after that the whole game is mute except the radios in vehicle but IDK if this thing got already reported

Sound bug, SA's sole fault and it made worse from BETA2 onward due to further sound effect editing. Still no solution for the time being, so you should avoid doing rampages because shooting a weapon for too long will trigger the glitch

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (RonBWL @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 06:40)

Sound bug, SA's sole fault and it made worse from BETA2 onward due to further sound effect editing. Still no solution for the time being, so you should avoid doing rampages because shooting a weapon for too long will trigger the glitch

Part of a different new bug actually, we fixed that error you mentioned, but now there's a packing error on the user side which we have no idea about how to fix, which essentially puts the SFX out of sync, which after a while, yeah, re-creates that original bug. tounge.gif

Goatcheese
  • Goatcheese

Player Hater

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hopefully the bugs will get fixed in the future, this mod is awesome. And if anyone has problems with the bugs, just deal with it maybe. Or get something like PPSSPP. (Emulator) in which you don't need a NASA PC. But I'll stick with you guys waiting for the next releases. smile.gif

Tranquil_Suit
  • Tranquil_Suit

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

FYI: PS2 emulator exists. Is all I'm saying.

Nero1024
  • Nero1024

<insert element> breathing dragon

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Tranquil_Suit @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 12:51)

>Implying everyone here has powerful rigs that can run PCSX2 and VCS decently.

Tranquil_Suit
  • Tranquil_Suit

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Nero1024 @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 19:20)

>>Not implying anything. Just informing of a possible option.

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

(Offtopic: Same Nero as on DeviantArt? I recognize the avatar)

Tranquil_Suit
  • Tranquil_Suit

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

Interesting shadows wink.gif

user posted image

[PTM]Al_Pacino
  • [PTM]Al_Pacino

Vice City Stories PC Edition supporter

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 18:37)
QUOTE (RonBWL @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 06:40)

Part of a different new bug actually, we fixed that error you mentioned, but now there's a packing error on the user side which we have no idea about how to fix, which essentially puts the SFX out of sync, which after a while, yeah, re-creates that original bug. tounge.gif

Aren't you able to compress the SFX and include it in the download package until you find a solution to the problem?
2GB aren't such a big deal. To download WoW it's 12GB, TERA is 40GB, etc... and nowadays the average citizen has a good net, it's not like it used to be 10 years ago.
There will always be a few exceptions of course.

Or you could make 2 separate packages, one including the SFX and another one without the SFX, so ppl could take an option depending on their reality.

@Shadows: SA engine. Nothing to do there.
There is also a more interesting shadow bug in which if you forget to link the vehicle to the interior ID you manage to enter, you will only see its shadow.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

We aren't shipping SFX archives for legal reasons too - if we shipped them, it'd be piss easy to play the mod without owning SA at all!

[PTM]Al_Pacino
  • [PTM]Al_Pacino

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

Then what exactly causes the SFX build to bug?
Is it the UAC, or the paths?

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

If I knew, I would know a way to solve it sad.gif

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

Could it be radio ogg frequences or something? In my time playing this mod, radio cut off at least twice and couldn't become active again without restarting the game.

FYI also, the stock game has SFX issues, when rain falls, all other sounds get cut off sometimes

Tranquil_Suit
  • Tranquil_Suit

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

user posted image

Nero1024
  • Nero1024

<insert element> breathing dragon

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Mateos @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 14:44)

(Offtopic: Same Nero as on DeviantArt? I recognize the avatar)

Yes it's me from DA. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Tranquil_Suit
  • Tranquil_Suit

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

Is it too early to complain about seabed errors?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

The gate two posts above me, it looks like the original VCS gate, and the Beta 2 gate inside of each other.

Tranquil_Suit
  • Tranquil_Suit

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

Mission Bug: Cholo Victory: After visiting the police station, I drive a little further in the truck, step out and walk into a shop (with the cigarette box neon sign thing). As soon as I enter, MISSION FAILED Phil died.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:30 AM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 01 July 2013 - 02:34 AM.

QUOTE (Rytuklis @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 10:27)
When are you guys planning on finishing the storyline?

When are you going to copy and paste PS2 vcs to SA PC?

QUOTE (TheRock92 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 12:34)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 11:39)
QUOTE (Rytuklis @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 11:27)
When are you guys planning on finishing the storyline?

Oh it will all be done by next week, along with the entire map and everything else, we're also giving everyone free unicorn claim tickets as well as starting to port Red Dead Redemption to the PC!

tounge.gif

Take a bit of a guess, it took roughly a year to do 12 missions, and see how many problems people have! We've not even started any new missions as we have to fix the current ones where they are breaking for people. Not to mention missions are THE most boring thing to do, in all likelihood, the storyline will never be finished as it will be way too much stress to constantly go back and correct missions when we count the rest, I can't even begin to imagine the hell of there being 60+ Missions and having to go back and check everyone since apparently the slightest change can screw everything up.

Now firstly I wanna point out that this is my last post on this topic...and even though I am sure that there will be many idiots,morons and so on saying ,,hey,Rock gtfo of here...or stfu...or some of the other BS I read about me on the previous pages'' I wanna tell those people: I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINION SO SAVE IT !!!

Now back to my point - reading all this made me realize that Ash is right and that this mod will never be completed which makes it USELESS...cause if its main priority aint completing the storyline...then I dont care what you say but it is useless...cause the main idea of any game including GTA is the storyline...not the cars,weapons and blah blah...now dont get me wrong...they are important but they arent vital !!! Now Ash is right-this mod will never be completed making all the anticipation and hype pointless cause all you will get in the end is disappointment...and I dont care what many morons say...even though I critisize I RESPECT THE MODDERS AND THEIR WORK AND I AM THANKFUL FOR IT !!! And I really anticipated the game and trust me I was very very very excited and thats why I came back here in the first place so I can help in any way I can to make this mod complete and the best d*mn mod that ever existed...but the constant moaning and complaining of the modders made my excitement and anticipation to dissappear..now I realize that I also moaned and complained a lot and I appologize for it...but you cant tell me that I must be grateful for something all the time and not put a least of criticism in it when you realize that it will bring only disappointment in the end...cause you know it wont be completed...its like being grateful to a game studio for making a game that will be cancelled in the end...but you gotta be grateful for it cause they work on it even though it will not see the sunlight...no can do wink.gif As i said i am grateful but I am grateful for what they did SO FAR...And to end my post I will tell you this: in my country there is an old sayin which says: If you dont have the desire,you better not do anything by force,because it will not be any good...same goes for the modders...if they dont have the desire and are tired and BORED they better not do anything cause there is no point in doing something without your own desire...now you may get angry about that but it is the truth...and if you think that the fans should only be grateul when all you do is shout and moan and disappoint them...well I dont know if you are from this planet smile.gif wink.gif It is pointless to make a game in which you will be able to only walk around and drive cars and shoot at people without following a storyline...If that is your goal then you better name it GTA SA Need for Speed Mod wink.gif And btw: there are about 4-5 buggs which I reported be4 and are not in the table,but I wont write them now cause you dont need some1 reporting the same buggs over and over again...if you wanna know them you can look in the previous post like you said we should do smile.gif )) So my advice to all those fellow fans who anticipated this mod is not to have high hopes cause in the end you will get dissapointed wink.gif And to the modders - good luck smile.gif

Yeah! VCS is totally do-able with SA map, cars, players, etc.

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE ([PTM]Al_Pacino @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 05:43)
Then what exactly causes the SFX build to bug?
Is it the UAC, or the paths?

XP had this issue as well, not only Vista/7/8

@Silent: He was just asking for the packed SFX file as additional package. It alone won't let you play VCS PCE unless you install the mod with an installer first. What we do is just replace the client SFX files with packed SFX files to (temporary) fix the problem

[PTM]Al_Pacino
  • [PTM]Al_Pacino

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 22:49)
FYI also, the stock game has SFX issues, when rain falls, all other sounds get cut off sometimes

That only happens on certain audio cards tho.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:58 AM

The problem with including full SFX archives now though would mean people would constantly have to re-download 2GB+ each time we make a change! tounge.gif

So, for now, sadly, it's a bug we'll have to bare with until we get to a point where including SFX is viable, and not annoying for both us and you, for example, if we make one small change to the sfx somewhere, it would be mad to then after upload all 2GB and fore you guys to re-download that 2GB again just for a few hundred kb's worth of changes.

@GTARandom: Radio is fine, only bug there again, is packing bug, and the occasional skipping bug (which is SA related, no fix), but STREAMS will be pre-packed for the next installer, it won't change the size, it will just save on having to build those on the user side since it seems to cause problems we can't fix.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 04:58)
The problem with including full SFX archives now though would mean people would constantly have to re-download 2GB+ each time we make a change! tounge.gif

So, for now, sadly, it's a bug we'll have to bare with until we get to a point where including SFX is viable, and not annoying for both us and you, for example, if we make one small change to the sfx somewhere, it would be mad to then after upload all 2GB and fore you guys to re-download that 2GB again just for a few hundred kb's worth of changes.

@GTARandom: Radio is fine, only bug there again, is packing bug, and the occasional skipping bug (which is SA related, no fix), but STREAMS will be pre-packed for the next installer, it won't change the size, it will just save on having to build those on the user side since it seems to cause problems we can't fix.

You could do a full update with the SFX archives, and a lite update with out the SFX archives. Its not like I have to do anything well they download. The PC does do multitasking. But I've heard people complain about Battlefield 3 on the Xbox 360 having 2GB updates lol.

Claude Liberty
  • Claude Liberty

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Actually, could you post here hashsums of properly prepared audio archives? Maybe there even ain't any problem with them?

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (Claude Liberty @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 08:43)
Actually, could you post here hashsums of properly prepared audio archives? Maybe there even ain't any problem with them?

Compress twice the same file, compare the checksums. Not sure you'll have same.

An hashtable including each file, then a test on the SFX to check if it is valid (valid in the sense it works, not have the same checksum as devs), could do it?

mgenya911
  • mgenya911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hi! Is there any way to get rid of the special effects (bloom, car shader) to be able to run on integrated laptop graphics?
San Andreas runs okay but this mod is lagging hardcore.

Thanks

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland