Photo

[WIP|BETA] ViceCityStories PC Edition

14,279 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (noudsh @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:13)
when i play the mission cleaning the house, and when i reach the cholo's house, victor will collect nothing, there should be money or what?

Pretty sure that's how the real game was back in the PSP/PS2 version, it doesn't show anything when he picks something up

gmortars
  • gmortars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 21:00)
If it's a sound issue, then I'm afraid I have some bad news, that's a glitch caused by building the archive on YOUR side, it's completely random and we have no way at all of fixing that. The only thing we can do is ship the audio pre-packed but the SFX archive is over 2GB and we really don't want to make people download that each time.

I don't know what it is, but I know this:

- this was the one and only time I noticed any problems with SFX (I had previously noticed radio skipping tracks once or twice which I believe was mentioned);
- when the game crashed, it was always when going into black screen after telling me to wait for the fare to "take care of business" (which should not be confused with waiting while the fare "shops" or something to that effect when the game to my best recollection never crashed);
- in earlier builds I did sometimes get to the point where I got a two-star wanted level after the fare "took care of business" and was prompted to drive him/her to safety, but I don't remember getting to this stage at any time in build 1186.

I posted a crash dump some days and pages ago, but if you'd like a newer one, I'd be happy to oblige.

Now, I played taxi missions some more to see if I would either experience the SFX issue again or find some other pattern (other than the "take care of business" bit). Well, the first time around, the game crashed in the usual manner a few fares in. The second time around, however, two things were different from prior attempts: I settled for Custom Track Player as my radio station of choice (previously it was mostly Flash FM or Emotion), and I don't think I had any "take care of business" fares at all. And this time I appear to have completed the mission. I say "appear" because after having completed 35 fares, I got this:

user posted image

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

You completed it. The gxt entry is just missing.

That's kinda funny though. tounge.gif

Gytis-JDM
  • Gytis-JDM

frostbiT

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

I tried to swim and game in left corner says : Stat 23 is missing.... haven't you disabled stats?

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (gmortars @ Jun 26 2013, 00:19)
- in earlier builds I did sometimes get to the point where I got a two-star wanted level after the fare "took care of business" and was prompted to drive him/her to safety, but I don't remember getting to this stage at any time in build 1186.

I'd appreciate the crash dump, as I did not manage to replicate the crash on my side.

QUOTE (Gytis-JDM @ Jun 26 2013, 09:36)
I tried to swim and  game in left corner says : Stat 23 is missing.... haven't you disabled stats?

Not really.

gmortars
  • gmortars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 10:01)

I'd appreciate the crash dump, as I did not manage to replicate the crash on my side.

Here you go:

http://www15.zippysh...79850/file.html

ryann112
  • ryann112

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

I had some fun with this

Sample_user123
  • Sample_user123

Waiting for VCS PC Edition Final...

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Solution for Truck stop(to complete with bug)
(Checked if you succeed phil will not stuck in wall)
Don't allow truck to go after this point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSUvB2yPl4...tailpage#t=212s
(If phil car destroying fast or truck is stronger than car(truck unmoveable) use -novcsname switch and program gta sa control center ,in vehicle and game data tab, set car weight to about 50 Tons)
Push right of front side of truck to printworks building(yellow buiding) while truck rotates 180 degrees(truck must move on the same road(Road with 1 shop in mission with marty) again opposite direction and heading to docks).
(If you fail to rotate this bug would happen:
user posted image)
OR
Do like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...UvB2yPl4#t=216s(without cheats if you want)

Solution for Marked man(I have no bug before chase/after killing Martinez guys)
temporalily delete or move to another folder/Recycle Bin(place where files go after click delete) colormod(3 files).
OR
Run over(many times forward and backward) Martinez guys by truck how many as you can reach by track.

@ team
Path after this point seems to be buggy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSUvB2yPl4...tailpage#t=219s
Please if you could change the path (Temporalily)to not to go to the road on the left side of the car(road with small houses).
@ the chart of bugs
Marked man
Reason seems to be this:
Phil kills many Martinez guys or color mod
And my solution is:
After deleting color mod and/or run over(many times forward and backward) Martinez guys by truck i have no bug from the chart.

Nights744
  • Nights744

Not Telling

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

I think now it's time to post my opinion of Beta 3. I could have written earlier
but I think it needs some days of testing before writing here. In my opinion more of us should do so
because a lot of the posts here are basically the same thing.

First of all, I'd like to thank the developers for investing their free time in this modification
and giving us the results for free.

What I liked the most was the new menu. It was even better than what Rockstar gave us
in some games. The aspect ratio is finally fixed and the minimap isn't stretched anymore.
Some San Andreas videos on YouTube hurt my eyes solely for the fact that everything is stretched.
I already saw some videos with eyefinity using 4:3 fov and aspect ratio! That just hurts!
A brilliant feature was the updater! It's handled better by this team than what Rockstar did in Grand Theft Auto IV.

Also I have to say that this modification is now definitely my favorite amongst all.
It feels like it was ported by Rockstar but without all the bugs or badly ported details.
I really love that fact that this modification acts like an engine update.
It even has a new ped system, I believe, like in the original VCS,
where single peds can have different clothes (GTA IV had it, too).

The color mod that comes with it really emphasizes the overall atmosphere that the timecyc delivers.
It isn't overbloomed like most total conversions that use a wrong adjusted ENBSeries.

Last but not least, the cuscenes make the whole thing genuine. You really "feel" the game.
It feels like an authentic "DLC" for San Andreas, just like the episodes of Liberty City for GTA IV.
Overall, if all sounds were replaced and all San Andreas content was removed I wouldn't even
realize that it was San Andreas.

So thanks a lot for this work!

________________________________________________________________________________

As I want to help here and not just spam this topic, here are some issues I recognized:

The corona colors change from time to time:

Pink light:
user posted image

Blue light (look at the background lights being green):
user posted image

Also the Plummet airtrain (Andromada) is bugged at the fin.

I don't know whether it was like that in the original but I recognized that you can
fall through some smoke stacks into the water/under the map.
________________________________________________________________________________

I read a lot of posts here and hope that these bugs weren't already discussed.
Keep it up!

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

When are you guys planning on finishing the storyline?

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (Rytuklis @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 10:27)

Most likely never, the mod will be dead,
We can only hope it will be finished and also no one know when.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Rytuklis @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 11:27)

Oh it will all be done by next week, along with the entire map and everything else, we're also giving everyone free unicorn claim tickets as well as starting to port Red Dead Redemption to the PC!

tounge.gif

Take a bit of a guess, it took roughly a year to do 12 missions, and see how many problems people have! We've not even started any new missions as we have to fix the current ones where they are breaking for people. Not to mention missions are THE most boring thing to do, in all likelihood, the storyline will never be finished as it will be way too much stress to constantly go back and correct missions when we count the rest, I can't even begin to imagine the hell of there being 60+ Missions and having to go back and check everyone since apparently the slightest change can screw everything up.

TheRock92
  • TheRock92

The GTA Champion

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 11:39)
QUOTE (Rytuklis @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 11:27)

Oh it will all be done by next week, along with the entire map and everything else, we're also giving everyone free unicorn claim tickets as well as starting to port Red Dead Redemption to the PC!

tounge.gif

Take a bit of a guess, it took roughly a year to do 12 missions, and see how many problems people have! We've not even started any new missions as we have to fix the current ones where they are breaking for people. Not to mention missions are THE most boring thing to do, in all likelihood, the storyline will never be finished as it will be way too much stress to constantly go back and correct missions when we count the rest, I can't even begin to imagine the hell of there being 60+ Missions and having to go back and check everyone since apparently the slightest change can screw everything up.

Now firstly I wanna point out that this is my last post on this topic...and even though I am sure that there will be many idiots,morons and so on saying ,,hey,Rock gtfo of here...or stfu...or some of the other BS I read about me on the previous pages'' I wanna tell those people: I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINION SO SAVE IT !!!

Now back to my point - reading all this made me realize that Ash is right and that this mod will never be completed which makes it USELESS...cause if its main priority aint completing the storyline...then I dont care what you say but it is useless...cause the main idea of any game including GTA is the storyline...not the cars,weapons and blah blah...now dont get me wrong...they are important but they arent vital !!! Now Ash is right-this mod will never be completed making all the anticipation and hype pointless cause all you will get in the end is disappointment...and I dont care what many morons say...even though I critisize I RESPECT THE MODDERS AND THEIR WORK AND I AM THANKFUL FOR IT !!! And I really anticipated the game and trust me I was very very very excited and thats why I came back here in the first place so I can help in any way I can to make this mod complete and the best d*mn mod that ever existed...but the constant moaning and complaining of the modders made my excitement and anticipation to dissappear..now I realize that I also moaned and complained a lot and I appologize for it...but you cant tell me that I must be grateful for something all the time and not put a least of criticism in it when you realize that it will bring only disappointment in the end...cause you know it wont be completed...its like being grateful to a game studio for making a game that will be cancelled in the end...but you gotta be grateful for it cause they work on it even though it will not see the sunlight...no can do wink.gif As i said i am grateful but I am grateful for what they did SO FAR...And to end my post I will tell you this: in my country there is an old sayin which says: If you dont have the desire,you better not do anything by force,because it will not be any good...same goes for the modders...if they dont have the desire and are tired and BORED they better not do anything cause there is no point in doing something without your own desire...now you may get angry about that but it is the truth...and if you think that the fans should only be grateul when all you do is shout and moan and disappoint them...well I dont know if you are from this planet smile.gif wink.gif It is pointless to make a game in which you will be able to only walk around and drive cars and shoot at people without following a storyline...If that is your goal then you better name it GTA SA Need for Speed Mod wink.gif And btw: there are about 4-5 buggs which I reported be4 and are not in the table,but I wont write them now cause you dont need some1 reporting the same buggs over and over again...if you wanna know them you can look in the previous post like you said we should do smile.gif )) So my advice to all those fellow fans who anticipated this mod is not to have high hopes cause in the end you will get dissapointed wink.gif And to the modders - good luck smile.gif

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:51 PM Edited by SilentPL, 27 June 2013 - 12:58 PM.

QUOTE (TheRock92 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 14:34)
cause the main idea of any game including GTA is the storyline...

OK, now go and write that in every topic in this section, because 90% of the map mods don't have missions at all! biggrin.gif

We have more missions than most of the other TCs (OK, GTA: United may have more, but then again, 1.2 development took literally ages) ALREADY, remember that.

[PTM]Al_Pacino
  • [PTM]Al_Pacino

Vice City Stories PC Edition supporter

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

Actually TheRock, you're wrong. The main purpose of making a TC from GTA is being able to drive around on its original map and then a multiplayer adaptation follows so ppl can script their own stories through their own gamemodes.
If you want to play the full story then buy a PS2 and the game or PSP, or just mount the ps2 game in an emulator and stop bitching :|

My own opinion of how far this mod should go for me to be happy is: vehicles, peds, sounds, map and timecyc converted. I dont care about anything else as it'll just be a bonus. Missions are hard to code and if I wanna play them I have the game for PS2.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (TheRock92 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 13:34)
It is pointless to make a game in which you will be able to only walk around and drive cars and shoot at people without following a storyline...If that is your goal then you better name it GTA SA Need for Speed Mod wink.gif

Isn't that like the majority of every other mod though? tounge.gif We're the only ones attempting to do the storyline properly within the game engine, you probably won't read this anyway if what you said is true, but we do intend to go pretty far with the project, it's just this cluster of missions which are annoying, the Umberto ones should be pretty damn easy as well as the Forbes ones, but because this cluster in Chapter 1 is so heavy on using new features, it just bogs down the work and makes it prime for errors and bugs. I mean if anything, I'd love to see this mod get to the end of Chapter 2 at least, I think that would be a brilliant ending point to finish it with the Second Island unlocked after the brilliant mission that does it.

But yeah, currently it feels like we're stuck, these missions work for us, so we're fixing problems other people have, which is kind of frustrating really, but people keep having problems no matter what and we can't move on until the problems are fixed! We understand the missions are important, that's why we're pretty much the only team to be doing this properly, but people need to understand it's difficult AND it's boring, and I'm going to be honest with you TheRock, your attitude goes AGAINST how we work, if we just focused on missions, missions, missions, we'd burn out and this project would have died ages ago! We need the breaks, we need the side stuff, it allows us to be creative and attempt new things, many of the things which are praised were born out of those side sessions, things like the Auto Updater, Proper Aspect Ratio Support, etc, these things were done on the sidelines when there was a break between working on missions. That's part of the reason we do this, we want to see how much we can work WITH the engine and what changes we can make for the better, we're doing something right now infact that I'm not going to announce, but again it's something that will make the game be more modern and benefit the players.

tl;dr: We want to finish the mod, we DO need the breaks though to be creative and do side stuff, missions arn't fun to do, if we only did missions this mod would have died many months ago, we're still one of the extreme few who are actually doing missions properly with cutscenes, etc.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE ([PTM]Al_Pacino @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 15:07)
Actually TheRock, you're wrong. The main purpose of making a TC from GTA is being able to drive around on its original map and then a multiplayer adaptation follows so ppl can script their own stories through their own gamemodes.
If you want to play the full story then buy a PS2 and the game or PSP, or just mount the ps2 game in an emulator and stop bitching :|

Haha, you had to squeeze in the MP reference in this post too, haven't you? lol.gif

[PTM]Al_Pacino
  • [PTM]Al_Pacino

Vice City Stories PC Edition supporter

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 13:08)
QUOTE ([PTM)
Al_Pacino,Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 15:07] Actually TheRock, you're wrong. The main purpose of making a TC from GTA is being able to drive around on its original map and then a multiplayer adaptation follows so ppl can script their own stories through their own gamemodes.

Haha, you had to squeeze in the MP reference in this post too, haven't you? lol.gif

Yeah because this mod has a brutal potential on it. It's a pitty ppl aren't noticing that. tounge.gif
PLus it's the main purpose of my interest.

mlks10
  • mlks10

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

thank the team, and I admire you. It is because most of you never give up, as others from other mods, of course I do not want the game die confused.gif

Funny_Man
  • Funny_Man

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

VCS Team do not leave the project! sad.gif

eagle6446
  • eagle6446

rock on

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by eagle6446, 27 June 2013 - 08:56 PM.

free unicorn claim tickets

Yay! rolleyes.gif

Well now, TheRock says that the storyline is of the utmost importance. In my humble belief, to start the missions before the background is ready would be like... It is like eating scrambled eggs. Yes, I would say that modifications are the scrambled eggs. And starting this modification with doing storyline would be like eating these scrambled eggs, with the eggs still being inside of the chicken, y'know, raw and gluey and stuff. It's not the right time, the hen would probably claw your eyes out for putting your hand inside and... whatever.
Scrambled eggs was not the best example.
There is the whole background of things, however, that needs to be done before guys go on with the storyline. This is not DYOM. This is the serious stuff here, we're talking about the map that needs to fit the storyline. Vehicles, that fit the storyline. Weapons, characters, peds, timecycle, textures, models, cols, lods, polygons, pixels, sounds and everything else that creates the storyline. And imagine, that each little thing that creates the storyline, each little part of the modification might get buggy and crash. Needs to be tested and all. First ported/extracted from original img, then remade by the team to fit, checked n stuff. And it is important to first get the world doing the job, Rock. Vice City needs to be finished before guys go in with the storyline. What if they go in with the storyline and then it would appear that the world was not well-prepared for the storyline? Just imagine what would happen. All the nights these talented guys would have spent over missions... But hey, no map. Just imagine it's there. It's not important after all, is it?

OK, GTA: United may have more missions

Well, maybe it did... But as good as I remember there were some very little issues that made me feel that modification used to be a bit scruffy, like cars parked underwater. GTA:U is great and I love it, still it is not as thorough as VCS:PCEdition.

Isn't that like the majority of every other mod though?

This, and not only this. It's Grand Theft Auto that is genuinely about driving cars, so is Need for Speed. Just to make your point stronger wink.gif

Deary me, am I talkative today.

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Well... I know that always do the same thing over and over again and just copy+paste some code from here to there can be pretty boring.

But you have to think of all of the people that are truly love this mod. You already have so much done that it would be a shame to bring it just to chapter 2 and than leave.
You should bring this to an end.

My motivation with my SA-MP server is always: The users. For example: Security scripts like /ban or something took me hours to figure out how to do it. But you know what? I was sitting on my tiny ass and got over my scumbag thinking and finished it until it worked the way I was imagining. It was boring to death.
But now I could finally ban users from my server and now the people could enjoy the server now with no douchbages. And I was happy for that other players were happy.

A pretty bad comparison I know. But the answer is always the same: Do your best and you'll enjoy the feedback. Thats what you're working for.
If this isn't enough: Make a advertisements on youtube, your website and everywhere and you'll get money for it.

Do what you want, but finish the storyline please. For christ sake. No one in the future will ever be able to make a whole storyline again. sad.gif

Tranquil_Suit
  • Tranquil_Suit

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Partially in reply to TheRock92. I'm personally not dissapointed in this mod AT ALL. Nor do I find it useless.

Here's why. It seems very likely that the team will finish the free roam part (map, verhicles, sidequests, atmosphere) of the game. In fact, not only finish it, but it will be (is already) a chunk better than the original VCS. To me that's far more valuable (in terms of gameplay) than the main missions.

I remember the most fun I had in GTA:SA was trying to complete the Vigilante mission with a Cop Bike in LS. The prepwork, the multiple attempts, coming up with a strategy through trial and error, stuntdriving during chases in that sunny atmosphere, etc. Also roaming (again on a bike) in search of hidden packages was something I enjoyed (although the draw distance could've been further). In comparison, many main missions were bland and monotonic. I mean they were okay, but I just went through the motions, you know. Hell, I actually quit SA a little after I got the jetpack.

Anyway, my point is if the team could finish free roam (basically everything but the missions) then that'd already be a great success in my book. The main missions are just a nice, big cherry on top.

REQUEST TO THE TEAM: Would it be possible to increase the draw distance for items (balloons, weapons, etc). It would be awesome if I could get on top of a tall building and search for items with sniperzoom or from a helicopter if I fly low enough. Would be cool.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:09 PM Edited by SilentPL, 28 June 2013 - 09:27 PM.

QUOTE (gmortars @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 13:20)
QUOTE (SilentPL @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 10:01)

Here you go:

http://www15.zippysh...79850/file.html

Indeed, there was one place which could be crashy at times. Fixed now, will appear in the next update smile.gif

EDIT:
Regarding the Paramedic crash you reported several days ago, I think it was fixed in build 1186.

mlks10
  • mlks10

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Please do not give up, this is the only mod that looked like it was going to have a final version, many people love their work team, please continue, think about how they should be rewarding when you get in the final version, many people happy and say this team is the best and never let us down. confused.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:57 PM Edited by nkjellman, 28 June 2013 - 10:59 PM.

Ok so I see whats going on here. Guys like the Rock, are not going to get it unless they try doing it themselves, so its best to just simply ignore them.

@VCS Team: I totally agree with your touches. If it was just missions, there wouldn't be anything new for a guy like me who has beat VCS multiple times, to discover. Keep doing business the way you have been doing it.

Edit: I imagine doing missions is boring and tedius, but do you guys think it may get more interesting once you get later into the story line?

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

There are a lot of people on these forums that are rude and ungrateful, but you should learn to be immune to them by ignoring... You could be surprised if you knew how many people may actually be enjoying this awesome mod instead of coming here complaining at this current moment.

I, for one enjoyed it despite all the issues it had, which, i might add you fixed anyway for the most part smile.gif

My suggestion to the VCS team would be to continue because there are many people out there who would love it be completed! -I don't mind waiting a long time as long as it's well made in the end, just like V will be, i hope

mlks10
  • mlks10

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

Now see how many people post to say that the mod is the best, as said friend here ignore those who are ungrateful, but please do not stop everybody loves her work

gmortars
  • gmortars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 20:09)
Indeed, there was one place which could be crashy at times. Fixed now, will appear in the next update smile.gif

Can I say groovy? Rockstar ought to offer you a job. Then maybe we'd get proper PC ports. biggrin.gif

Regarding the Paramedic crash you reported several days ago, I think it was fixed in build 1186.

Indeed, I tried them earlier and passed without a problem, so I obviously spoke too soon back then. I'm sorry about that. The marker outside the hospital was still not there, though, but it's not much of an issue.

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (gmortars @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 08:19)
Can I say groovy? Rockstar ought to offer you a job. Then maybe we'd get proper PC ports. biggrin.gif

We all knows it's Sony who make it impossible to get Stories PC port dozingoff.gif After all R* released Mac version for III/VC/SA, but Stories, well... dozingoff.gif

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users