Photo

[WIP|BETA] ViceCityStories PC Edition

13,069 replies to this topic
LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

...wasn't the year...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:55 PM Edited by Link2012, 15 June 2013 - 02:09 PM.

QUOTE (/.:Nokiaman:.\ @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 09:59)
QUOTE (Link2012 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 11:45)
@nkjellman
Maybe your post needs a spoiler tag, I've never played VCS on PS2 and didnt know about that...

Not really. It's old as hell game and it would make things pointlessly complicated.[/URL]

You say this like the game is from SNES, it is not old as hell, just old.
And, that does not mean everyone that wanted to play it played, maily because it was a Sony exclusive, not everyone had a console.
Not, it wont make things pointlessly and complicated, it would if it was a topic to discuss something on the game plot, what is complicated with this? You like to ruin people experience from nothing? One of the points for this Total Conversion is to bring the game to people that could not play it for the reason I pointed above, so you can expect many people that didnt played the game on this topic.

Sorry, I wasnt much mad with nkjellman spoiler, because it is not deep in the plot but your post made me mad.

Your signature (if updated) says you have not finished GTA III yet, can I tell you the who gets killed in the game? I guess I can because the game is old as hell.

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

some bugs:
I have micro smg so when i enter the car while holding another weapon (baseball bat for exemple) it doesn't change to mirco smg when i am in a vehicle so i can't shoot.

A police ranger spawns in downtown
user posted image

Can you fix this view from Sasquatch also why all the TT for this monster truck are locked??
user posted image

did you fix the radar bug?
Sorry for the size of the pic.
user posted image

Why people go to the locked bridge (this happening in san andreas at one of the SF bridge before you unlocked SF)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

@ToyGT_one
I got this radar bug in san andreas too, i don't think it's because of the mod.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulators fan

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by /.:Nokiaman:.\, 15 June 2013 - 02:45 PM.

QUOTE (Link2012 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 15:55)
QUOTE (/.:Nokiaman:.\ @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 09:59)
QUOTE (Link2012 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 11:45)
@nkjellman
Maybe your post needs a spoiler tag, I've never played VCS on PS2 and didnt know about that...

Not really. It's old as hell game and it would make things pointlessly complicated.[/URL]

You say this like the game is from SNES, it is not old as hell, just old.
And, that does not mean everyone that wanted to play it played, maily because it was a Sony exclusive, not everyone had a console.
Not, it wont make things pointlessly and complicated, it would if it was a topic to discuss something on the game plot, what is complicated with this? You like to ruin people experience from nothing? One of the points for this Total Conversion is to bring the game to people that could not play it for the reason I pointed above, so you can expect many people that didnt played the game on this topic.

Sorry, I wasnt much mad with nkjellman spoiler, because it is not deep in the plot but your post made me mad.

Your signature (if updated) says you have not finished GTA III yet, can I tell you the who gets killed in the game? I guess I can because the game is old as hell.

Yes you can, but I've finished it already so that'be pointless and noone cares you don't own PS2 or PSP. You can use the PCSX2 (PS2 emu) or PPSSPP (PSP Emu) if you care about the story so much, but this was made to take advantage of the SA's engine IMO and obvious things PC offers like 1080p, AA and AF. And yes it'd add pointless work for mods to check spoilers for game that is 6-7 years old and devs wouldn't be able to post progress freely. It's like complaining about HL1 spoilers even though you had plenty of years to play it dozingoff.gif

I got another crash when exiting the game.
http://www.mediafire...r8ry6i31v3ppq2w

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

...wasn't the year...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:43 PM Edited by Link2012, 15 June 2013 - 02:46 PM.

QUOTE (/.:Nokiaman:.\ @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 11:35)
Yes you can, but I've finished it already so that'be pointless and noone cares you don't own PS2 or PSP. You can use the PCSX2(PS2 emu) or PPSSPP (PSP Emu) if you want the console version,but this was made to take advantage of the SA's engine IMO and obvious things PC offers like 1080p, AA and AF. And yes it'd add pointless work for mods to check spoilers for game that is 6-7 years old. It's like complaining about HL1 spoilers  dozingoff.gif

HL1 is like 15 years old and the game plot is not too deep.
You know, emulators are hardware demanding and dont play the game very well.
Well, this was made to take advantage of the SA engine? Yes, but also for people that could not play it on PS2? Yes!
And you are the one who dont care, the forum rules care, the team care, they stopped doing cutscene videos for spoilers wink.gif

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulators fan

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:47 PM Edited by /.:Nokiaman:.\, 15 June 2013 - 02:52 PM.

QUOTE (Link2012 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 16:43)
Yes you can, but I've finished it already so that'be pointless and noone cares you don't own PS2 or PSP. You can use the PCSX2(PS2 emu) or PPSSPP (PSP Emu) if you want the console version,but this was made to take advantage of the SA's engine IMO and obvious things PC offers like 1080p, AA and AF. And yes it'd add pointless work for mods to check spoilers for game that is 6-7 years old. It's like complaining about HL1 spoilers  dozingoff.gif

Well, this was made to take advantage of the SA engine? Yes, but also for people that could not play it on PS2? Yes!
And you are the one who dont care, the forum rules care, the team care about, they stopped doing cutscene videos for spoilers wink.gif

1) Not the point.
2) Not true at all. Unless you have singlecore with AGP GPU. PS2 version only suffers from lack of transparency on text. These are all the "huges" issues.
3) Not really. PS2 is cheap and most people have it or you don't care about consoles like me so you have build some good PC to play them.
4) This is modding section not GTA VCS section. If this was GTA VCS section then yes spoilers are obviously not cool. I Ctrl+F the rules of modding section and there is nothing about spoilers.

So just stop and if you don't want spoilers wait for the final version or whatever version will have all the missions working.

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

...wasn't the year...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:52 PM Edited by Link2012, 15 June 2013 - 02:55 PM.

QUOTE (/.:Nokiaman:.\ @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 11:47)
QUOTE (Link2012 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 16:43)

And you are the one who dont care, the forum rules care, the team care about, they stopped doing cutscene videos for spoilers wink.gif

1) Not the point
2) Not true at all. Unless you have singlecore with AGP GPU
3) Not really. PS2 is cheap and most people have it or you don't care about consoles like me so you have build some good PC to play them.
4) This is modding section not GTA VCS section. IF this was GTA VCS section then yes spoilers are obviously not cool.

1) Yes...
2) In fact I have a good PC, but I didnt have one sometime ago.... but the emulation is still inperfect, sometimes the game lag, the sound lag, it breaks the immersion.
3) Here we must talk about countries social condition, maybe this is true on your country, but not true on mine.... and I dont have a work.
4) So? We're still on a topic with many people that didn't played the game expecting to play it someday.

Just stop seeing the topic? I want to see UPDATES

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulators fan

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by /.:Nokiaman:.\, 15 June 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Why is the truck is the first cutscene so shiny? In VCS it's much easier to see its color. And how is the music in that cutscene handled? In VCS it would set time on the Emotion Radio to that song so when you get on the bike the song would continue (Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is). Nice job on the VCS news. They work exactly same. I tried to interrupt them by opening main menu/leaving vehicle and they would play again like in VCS.

3) Here we must talk about countries social condition, maybe this is true on your country, but not true on mine.... and I dont have a work.

Oops didn't notice the Brazil flag. Well that sucks. I heard everything is overpriced there even more than Australia.
Just stop seeing the topic? I want to see UPDATES

Updates that can be spoilers biggrin.gif
Really dude. If I never played some game I'd never visit its thread just in case. When I was playing Mass Effect I accidentaly visited its thread on one forum and saw pretty major spoiler and after that I'd avoid them like plague.

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

Video for today. smile.gif

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

...wasn't the year...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Oops didn't notice the Brazil flag. Well that sucks. I heard everything is overpriced there even more than Australia.

Yeah, true, too many taxes!!
Updates that can be spoilers  biggrin.gif

Can't because as I said the team care about spoilers biggrin.gif
Really dude. If I never played some game I'd never visit its thread just in case. When I was playing Mass Effect I accidentaly visited its thread on one forum and saw pretty major spoiler and after that I'd avoid them like plague.

true, already happened with me, but I think it should be controlled on this topic for the reason I said, many people here are expecting the mod for playing the game that they could not play in the past =/

Well, I think we end here our stupid discussion? tounge.gif

TheRock92
  • TheRock92

The GTA Champion

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Guys a friend of mine has another problem...he got all of his .dmp files in one place...can some1 pls tell me how to fix them...

http://www.sendspace...syqXnaMHp6etfY0

Also I noticed some other things like:

No icon for safehouse...

When you get the SMG and you get inside a vehicle, the SMG is not detected as a drive-by weapon...

iXzDeh
  • iXzDeh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

I have also started a walkthrough if someone is interested smile.gif

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulators fan

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Yeah I just noticed no Safehouse icon in Fort Baxter. Luckily I remember the safehouses after all those hours biggrin.gif
Well, I think we end here our stupid discussion?

It already ended didn't it? I wouldn't call it stupid. because we discussed it like adults without any flaming.

Mateos
  • Mateos

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Pr00f @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 14:18)
@ToyGT_one
I got this radar bug in san andreas too, i don't think it's because of the mod.

Anyway already fixed, stated few pages earlier by Silent smile.gif

Mainline421
  • Mainline421

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Why is everyone on this thraed against VCS RAGE I don't have much interest in it myself but all that is being done is converting content to a better engine. You're doing the same thing! (only cross platform) It does not harm your mod in anyway.

Uros12
  • Uros12

Guess whos back!

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

Are there any more missions after Taking out the white trash?Because none gets triggered after that mission.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulators fan

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Mainline421 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 20:24)
Why is everyone on this thraed against VCS RAGE I don't have much interest in it myself but all that is being done is converting content to a better engine. You're doing the same thing! (only cross platform) It does not harm your mod in anyway.

Because the guy is stealing all assets from this mod without permission. If he ported everything from VCS nobody would care.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 16 June 2013 - 01:54 PM.

Alexander's GTA IV Hud fix for VCS PC
user posted image user posted image user posted image

Download

Install order:
- VCS PC with all latest updates
- Original GTA IV Hud mod for SA
- IV Hud fix
- Copy VCS PC\models\hud.txd to VCS PC\GTA_IV_HUD\

Also i'm planning to release an updated version of Improved Lamppost Lights with traffic lights fix for GTA United and VCS PC Edition soon.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

@ToyGT_one: That Radar bug isn't really an issue of ours, as we haven't touched the masking, I mean, the radar dimensions have been changed, but the actual masking is the same, and if it was a major problem we'd all have that.

@/.:Nokiaman:.\: I duon't know, maybe the cutscene truck didn't have reflections turned one where as ours does, as for music, it's handled by playing back certain blocks of the radio station, same way it's done in Cleaning House with Paradise and Espantoso playing on the radio. And yes, the blocks have been cut up so they match the same time points as the original game.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulators fan

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Alrighty then. Last time I tried to switch to Emotion on the bike the song wasn't continuing like in VCS. It was nice little touch.

TheRock92
  • TheRock92

The GTA Champion

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:49 PM Edited by TheRock92, 15 June 2013 - 08:46 PM.

QUOTE (TheRock92 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 15:14)
Guys a friend of mine has another problem...he got all of his .dmp files in one place...can some1 pls tell me how to fix them...

No icon for safehouse...

When you get the SMG and you get inside a vehicle, the SMG is not detected as a drive-by weapon...

Can some1 help me with that ? bored.gif bored.gif bored.gif bored.gif

EDIT 1: After I got busted by the cops and i baught back my guns (bribed them) the 9mm pistol and the scorpion models were gone and the game crashed soon after...here is the .dmp file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jhnffm

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

I have a crash during Marked Men. I kill 6 goons near warehouse, then I left ambush area and CRASH!!

My dump file: gta-vcs-20130615224121.dmp

TheRock92
  • TheRock92

The GTA Champion

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (TheRock92 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 19:49)
QUOTE (TheRock92 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 15:14)

No icon for safehouse...

Can some1 help me with that ? bored.gif bored.gif bored.gif bored.gif

EDIT 1: After I got busted by the cops and i baught back my guns (bribed them) the 9mm pistol and the scorpion models were gone and the game crashed soon after...here is the .dmp file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jhnffm

Umm guys another funny thing is that when i got to Vice Point ( via helicopter ofcourse cause the roads are blocked ) and the police was chasing me the cop cars werent the VCS ones but the SA ones ( LCPD ) mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif

mariano1239
  • mariano1239

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Crash during marked man
.dmp file here
https://mega.co.nz/#!WNNnTCbA!NkrqI...BJ5BydO0U_f9A3s

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

You're not allowed to be on East Island. This's not complete yet so we see SA cars.

Teh Edgiest Man on Earth
  • Teh Edgiest Man on Earth

2edgy5u #TeamMichael

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:06 AM Edited by Teh Edgiest Man on Earth, 16 June 2013 - 01:15 AM.

Is there anyway to add the ragdoll mod to this? I tried adding the CLEO and script but it ended up being stuck in the splash screen when you first click to launch the game.

Oh god, now it's showing this error too.
user posted image

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:04 AM Edited by H3NR1QU3, 16 June 2013 - 06:12 AM.

2) Not true at all. Unless you have singlecore with AGP GPU. PS2 version only suffers from lack of transparency on text. These are all the "huges" issues.

I'm not sure how to say this, but you're kinda talking out of your butt.

I have a dual core CPU, and a PCI Express card GPU, so by your logic I should be able to play VCS without major problems with PCSX2 and I can guarantee that's not the case.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (H3NR1QU3 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 04:04)

I have a dual core GPU, and a PCI Express card GPU, so by your logic I should be able to play VCS without major problems with PCSX2 and I can guarantee that's not the case.

PCSX2 lags like a bitch for me. I should try it on my new laptop that has a 3rd gen i7. Emulator may run better on Intel then on AMD.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulators fan

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (H3NR1QU3 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 06:04)

I have a dual core CPU, and a PCI Express card GPU, so by your logic I should be able to play VCS without major problems with PCSX2 and I can guarantee that's not the case.

No I'm not. If you have DX10 card and decent dualcore like C2D or even C2Q which are old now you shoudln't have huge problems.

TheRock92
  • TheRock92

The GTA Champion

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hey guys...enough with the offtopic...there is a topic for VCS PS2 so discuss this elsewhere...

Anyway is there any progress with the bugs or any other kind of progress/updates ???

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users