[WIP|BETA] ViceCityStories PC Edition

14,278 replies to this topic
ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 08:21)
We don't know WHAT to change them with, the art was created for 4:3, so no matter what you change to, if it's not 4:3, it will look bad, and borders look quite amateur-like. We can't do a thing here, the artwork was stretched on the consoles to, so, you'll have to deal with it for those few seconds you see it.

I disabled them on my GTA 3, VC, and there's no way that i'm run GTA SA without fastloader ever again smile.gif
Loadscreens - waste of time.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (Mainline421 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 10:30)
Are the vehicle sounds correct in this, the horns are the same as in SA. In fact that video reminds me of SA. Not a major thing but will the horns be swapped or does VCS use the same horns.

In that Vid, still using the SA ones, AND HEY, wait a minute, 3/5th of the horns on SA are the same as VC (and VCS). And before you ask, foot step sounds are identical.

Mainline421
  • Mainline421

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:16 PM Edited by Mainline421, 10 May 2013 - 02:59 PM.

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 10:01)
QUOTE (Mainline421 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 10:30)
Are the vehicle sounds correct in this, the horns are the same as in SA. In fact that video reminds me of SA. Not a major thing but will the horns be swapped or does VCS use the same horns.

In that Vid, still using the SA ones, AND HEY, wait a minute, 3/5th of the horns on SA are the same as VC (and VCS). And before you ask, foot step sounds are identical.

I don't know I've never played VCS as it was never released for PC hence why I wrote
or does VCS use the same horns?
I'm quite sure the one at 0:02 wasn't in VC though, It's not a big thing at all, GTA2 and all 3d era games use mostly the same sounds. Don't take it too offensively it was a question although incorrect grammar possibly made not so. (and usually I complain about grammar!) I have corrected it now.

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 17:01)

While we are on the subject, are you guys still going to use SA's engine start/door open/close for vehicles in BETA3? I've been asking since last year and even provided my own mod with it but nobody ever had a word about it, LOL

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (RonBWL @ Friday, May 10 2013, 17:43)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 17:01)

While we are on the subject, are you guys still going to use SA's engine start/door open/close for vehicles in BETA3? I've been asking since last year and even provided my own mod with it but nobody ever had a word about it, LOL

Yes for now, there's only so much audio that can be logged so it's actually digging through the VCS archive now that is proving an issue for that, I don't just want to do one or two types but I want to make sure ALL types are covered before I send it out, that's why right now I'm focusing on the smaller audio stuff such as Bullet Trails, Car Horns, Rain, etc, to make the atmosphere feel right.

johnny404
  • johnny404

(ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

It's gonna be a pretty big "atmosphere-killer" when you get in a car and all you hear is SA sounds

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Jony. @ Friday, May 10 2013, 18:22)
It's gonna be a pretty big "atmosphere-killer" when you get in a car and all you hear is SA sounds

Well we can delay the mod if that's going to be an issue, seems like a silly reason though and I'm sure most people don't want this delayed just for Car Door sounds and engine sounds, which are noted in for the next version now. I mean peds will still have SA ped voices (for those that share the type name) and I really did want to replace those but VCS isn't arranged at all, all ped comments and vic comments are dumped into one archive and nothing is named, we're talking around 6,000 audio files with the name "sfxXXXX.vag" it isn't an easy thing to wade through.

We're working against the clock now, unlike BETA2 where we just put it out when we felt it was done, so we are tasking things to be done, and trust us, there's some very important changes engine wise that's been done which will benefit players more, we are in crunch time, so we're just throwing in what we promised from the off set and then squeezing in as many extras and tweaks as we can around that, and saly a huge task like Vehicle and Ped sounds just can't be done that quickly, you will however have VCS menu audio, frontend game audio (pick ups, collect money, info boxes, etc), weapons, and then of course specific collisions surrounding that such as bullet trails, bullet impact, rain (which often caused problems in the past, this is more a proof reason), etc.

We're only picking extreme importants at this point to work on and ship out but I can safely say, we've fixed like 90% of the issues the majority of the people had with BETA2.

johnny404
  • johnny404

(ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

You don't have to delay the release, but you can always release "patches" over time, I mean so we don't have to wait that long for those kind of things (as in door sounds, engine sounds, etc.. I don't think you should release patches for every mission you guys finish)

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Jony. @ Friday, May 10 2013, 18:38)
You don't have to delay the release, but you can always release "patches" over time, I mean so we don't have to wait that long for those kind of things (as in door sounds, engine sounds, etc.. I don't think you should release patches for every mission you guys finish)

Don't worry, the next BETA shouldn't take as long, ...then again I said that after BETA2 was released and here we are approaching 11 Months Later! HEY, still faster than the time between BETA1 and BETA2 though, we've kept that promise! tounge.gif

Claude Liberty
  • Claude Liberty

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

As for my opinion, feel free to delay release if you need to.

[PTM]Al_Pacino
  • [PTM]Al_Pacino

Vice City Stories PC Edition supporter

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

I dont really care if you guys have to delay the betas because I know you'll do your job right. GTA V got delayed too and although some may be upset about it, everyone knows the final product will have quality.
I know you guys will try to make the VCS experience as close as it can get to the original. That's why Im turning my questions and suggestions to any extra stuff that could get in the game, not putting in cause the VCS setting.

Examples: Malibu Club interior, El Corrupto Grande Bank interior. You know, things like those that for some reason were scrapped off VCS, but existed in VC and if they would be back in VCS it wouldn't hurt the game but improve it instead.
Still, im going to wait for BETA3, let you guys finish it and see what it brings and then when you start working on BETA4 i shall post a few more suggestions and see if you agree tounge.gif
For now we should understand that you're bringing a lot of new things for BETA3 and should not add any more tasks to your current to-do list so you can accomplish the deadline you imposed smile.gif

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE ([PTM)
Al_Pacino,Friday, May 10 2013, 19:04] I dont really care if you guys have to delay the betas because I know you'll do your job right. GTA V got delayed too and although some may be upset about it, everyone knows the final product will have quality.
I know you guys will try to make the VCS experience as close as it can get to the original. That's why Im turning my questions and suggestions to any extra stuff that could get in the game, not putting in cause the VCS setting.

Examples: Malibu Club interior, El Corrupto Grande Bank interior. You know, things like those that for some reason were scrapped off VCS, but existed in VC and if they would be back in VCS it wouldn't hurt the game but improve it instead.
Still, im going to wait for BETA3, let you guys finish it and see what it brings and then when you start working on BETA4 i shall post a few more suggestions and see if you agree tounge.gif
For now we should understand that you're bringing a lot of new things for BETA3 and should not add any more tasks to your current to-do list so you can accomplish the deadline you imposed smile.gif

El Corrupto Grande Bank and Malibu are not important for storyline of GTA VCS
Eaven if for some reason they decide to include them they will need to change the look of this place to make it different from VC and this will be hudge sidetrack for the development.
But i think adding entertable King K... (i dont remmember the name) will be nice interiour is made by Rstar, will be nice bonus for the mod/

[PTM]Al_Pacino
  • [PTM]Al_Pacino

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:46 PM Edited by [PTM]Al_Pacino, 10 May 2013 - 07:49 PM.

They dont need to change anything, just convert the interior from VC to VCS and place them in an interior ID like the rest. I'm not asking them to make the interior inside the building without having to pass through an enter/exit. That way that would indeed have to change the building etc.
Theres nothing bending those interiors to Vice City's setting, they are just.. interiors which players could visit and give those buildings a proper sense.
Anyways, this is not aimed for BETA3, so dont worry.

King Knuts is part of the storyline so they will have to put them in the game no matter what. It's used on one of Lance's missions where he calls Forbes or something and then the place gets raided.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

Oh trust us, you might have missed that, but when we get over to East Island we ARE bringing back the Pole Position and Malibu Club, you're right, it never made sense for them to be closed, they're even mentioned on the radio! And yeah, we're actually excited about the Malibu, already have a few plan and drafts up to how it should be, we actually wanted to include a little easter egg in BETA3, where you would hear music playing when you pass the Malibu Club, I made the low frequency tracks and everything, but it turns out that's another one of those cut features in San Andreas! So we had to put a stop on that. sad.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

They clubs should play music from VCS, which I'm sure you guys are going to do.

Anyways, for vehicle sounds, doesn't Vice City Recover have the VC vehicle sounds, which are identical, if not the same to the VCS ones? I could use those on Beta 3.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

Oh we are using VCS music, here's the outside club loop I made which sadly won't be used, but it does work perfect: https://dl.dropboxus.../TooShyLOOP.wav

[PTM]Al_Pacino
  • [PTM]Al_Pacino

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by [PTM]Al_Pacino, 10 May 2013 - 09:44 PM.

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 21:36)
Oh we are using VCS music, here's the outside club loop I made which sadly won't be used, but it does work perfect: https://dl.dropboxus.../TooShyLOOP.wav

Oh man that's perfect. Why won't it be used? sad.gif

What were you thinking about Pole Position Club music?
?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:42 PM Edited by Ash_735, 10 May 2013 - 09:45 PM.

QUOTE ([PTM)
Al_Pacino,Friday, May 10 2013, 22:38]
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 21:36)

Oh man that's perfect. Why won't it be used? sad.gif

What were you thinking about Pole Position Club music?
?

As I said, We found out that San Andreas doesn't have this feature anymore, there's no ambient building music played from SFX archives instead it was all switched over to AuZon and Ogg files, which works great for interiors, but not so much for exteriors.

edit: Pole Position, when we get to it, is going to be a mix of Fresh 105 and a track or two from VCFL. Malibu Club, due to the stronger New Romantics theme of the early 80s (plus VCS has New Romantic styled artwork plastered on walls on the East Island) will be a mix of Wave 103 and a track or two from Flash FM.

[PTM]Al_Pacino
  • [PTM]Al_Pacino

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:44 PM Edited by [PTM]Al_Pacino, 10 May 2013 - 10:14 PM.

Oh yeah i missed that part of your post. That's a pitty.
It's weird SA has cut on that feature, because we have a couple of resources script-wise in multiplayer to make it work.
Well, having already the interior back with music would be kick-ass tounge.gif

EDIT: Hey Ash are you sure you cant do what you were thinking about the outside music?
I've just remembered of a mission in GTA San Andreas where you go meet OG Loc at his house party. When Grove Street crew leave the house to fight the Ballas, as you get close to OG Loc's house you can hear a loop beat playing and it gets louder as you get closer to the door.
After the mission ends, that sound disapears from around OG Loc's house.

Isn't that the same way you'd have to make for the malibu's loop playing outside?

Listen carefuly @1:54 and @3:35 onwards.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE ([PTM]Al_Pacino @ Friday, May 10 2013, 23:44)
EDIT: Hey Ash are you sure you cant do what you were thinking about the outside music?
I've just remembered of a mission in GTA San Andreas where you go meet OG Loc at his house party. When Grove Street crew leave the house to fight the Ballas, as you get close to OG Loc's house you can hear a loop beat playing and it gets louder as you get closer to the door.
After the mission ends, that sound disapears from around OG Loc's house.

Good point, I'll check it out icon14.gif

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

So Ash (or actually Silent),

You are telling me that you can program all kinds of things in the exe, script missions, create CLEO plugins,

But you can't add a audio track being played in a given radius? tounge.gif

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 00:18)
So Ash (or actually Silent),

You are telling me that you can program all kinds of things in the exe, script missions, create CLEO plugins,

But you can't add a audio track being played in a given radius? tounge.gif

I never said I wouldn't be able to recreate it III/VC/LCS/VCS-style, it's just a too minor thing to focus on it now, as it'd take a while tounge.gif

But yeah, House Party approach seems OK, I'll test it. Thanks smile.gif

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

Ok, clear. smile.gif

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 21:56)
Oh trust us, you might have missed that, but when we get over to East Island we ARE bringing back the Pole Position and Malibu Club, you're right, it never made sense for them to be closed, they're even mentioned on the radio! And yeah, we're actually excited about the Malibu, already have a few plan and drafts up to how it should be, we actually wanted to include a little easter egg in BETA3, where you would hear music playing when you pass the Malibu Club, I made the low frequency tracks and everything, but it turns out that's another one of those cut features in San Andreas! So we had to put a stop on that. sad.gif

Are you gonna change the interior itself, as in the models and textures?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:39 PM Edited by Ash_735, 10 May 2013 - 11:33 PM.

Maybe, well that is the plan. And wow, I spent so much time trying to think of where that effect was used in San Andreas and it's right there in a mission, should come in handy.

edit: Well that works, now let's all pretend this never happened so you can act surprised when you hear it in game. tounge.gif

[PTM]Al_Pacino
  • [PTM]Al_Pacino

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 22:39)
Maybe, well that is the plan. And wow, I spent so much time trying to think of where that effect was used in San Andreas and it's right there in a mission, should come in handy.

edit: Well that works, now let's all pretend this never happened so you can act surprised when you hear it in game. tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:20 AM Edited by RonBWL, 11 May 2013 - 07:55 AM.

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 00:36)
Well we can delay the mod if that's going to be an issue, seems like a silly reason though and I'm sure most people don't want this delayed just for Car Door sounds and engine sounds, which are noted in for the next version now.

Nvm then, I'm always looking forward to play BETA3 anyway, and once I install it I would edit the GENRL to get the vehicles audio replaced though.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (RonBWL @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 07:20)
Nvm then, I'm always looking forward to play BETA3 anyway, and once I install it I would edit the GENRL to get the vehicles audio replaced though.

But engine sounds are the same in VC and SA?

VERSA
  • VERSA

Flying Ped in Space

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 11:55)
But engine sounds are the same in VC and SA?

Definitely not.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

Most of them are the same.

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

In Driver 2 some cars had music playing while you were near them, was quite cool smile.gif

Could be used near night clubs or villas in VCS PC, would give some more to the atmosphere (I just point a possibility, this is not a request ^^')

6 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users