Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

Nah, adding such videos would actually be more of an effort than using native cutscenes. Really.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Thursday, Dec 27 2012, 13:49)
Nah, adding such videos would actually be more of an effort than using native cutscenes. Really.

+1 on this, I prefer see real-time cutscenes. smile.gif

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (ThirteenAG @ Thursday, Dec 27 2012, 19:34)
I think it's a good idea too, unless cutscene converting takes less time than recording video. smile.gif

Making video is faster, but it will never, ever, fit with GTA TCs (inc. VCS PCE). Players can start the mission at any time/weather and wear different outfit, and that will be strange if the cutscene only show one time/weather with Vic wearing his default outfit only.

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Thursday, Dec 27 2012, 07:53)
The camera will have to be fixed when the player is in the IV cinema though because on IV the videos play on-screen like the hud and not in 3d-space like the VCS test video does.

Are they really 2d? You can change camera view and each view has a bit different looking angle, doubt they do perspective morphs manually to align it to the TV screen. I'd go for a special material (like a carcol) on TV screen. At least that's how I would implement it if I wanted to make it "serious".

Rasta-Braza
  • Rasta-Braza

O.G.

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:01 PM Edited by Rasta-Braza, 28 December 2012 - 03:04 PM.

WTF? Russian? mercie_blink.gif

user posted image

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Leftovers from BETA1 and the old team, the current team haven't even touched that area, I would say look at the map on the First Post to see what areas were changed in BETA 2, but we've gone far beyond now with the BETA3 progress. tounge.gif

...But we still haven't touched Dowtown North yet.

VERSA
  • VERSA

Flying Ped in Space

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 17:12)

Oh man, I've dream about to see those skyscrapers with neons and that ROCKSTAR sign in yours PC edition. I just love that view inlove.gif

Btw do you guys planning to make vcs combat system?

HM128
  • HM128

alovelyday

• Feroci
  • None
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Rasta-Braza @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 16:01)
WTF? Russian? mercie_blink.gif

user posted image

Russian district, look at this like at diversity tounge.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Sooner @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 16:36)

Oh man, I've dream about to see those skyscrapers with neons and that ROCKSTAR sign in yours PC edition. I just love that view inlove.gif

YEAH, me to! That sign is actually a part of DowtownS, but we're currently missing it as CP hasn't found it in the files yet tounge.gif As for the others, I believe those neons were added in BETA2 but just on the Vice City versions of the buildings, plus they arn't using the newer versions of the neons we have done now.

Speaking of that, you guys are going to love the draw distance of these, you can see most of the neons from across the city just like in the original VCS, really add's that awesome atmosphere at night in the areas we have done.

HM128
  • HM128

alovelyday

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 18:51)
QUOTE (Sooner @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 16:36)

YEAH, me to! That sign is actually a part of DowtownS, but we're currently missing it as CP hasn't found it in the files yet tounge.gif As for the others, I believe those neons were added in BETA2 but just on the Vice City versions of the buildings, plus they arn't using the newer versions of the neons we have done now.

Speaking of that, you guys are going to love the draw distance of these, you can see most of the neons from across the city just like in the original VCS, really add's that awesome atmosphere at night in the areas we have done.

I found Rockstar sign weeks ago, why CP don't using my new tools, which allow to convert map?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

In Beta 3 are you guys going to code the guards at the military base?

Hope it doesn't end up like in GTA Vice City where they spawn outside the military base for some reason and own you when you go by them, OUTSIDE the base. Rockstar definitly improved on that in VCS. Also in VC, you get wanted if you go inside the police station and leave. GTA United did a much better job at coding the wanted zones there.

Speaking of that, it reminds me. Are you guys going to leave the VC interiors in but have them VCS style? (Blue marker at the door.) I remember someone in the team mentioning this.
Interiors that you guys could leave in:
-Malibu (Music is what plays at the biker bar in VCS.)
-Ocean View Hotel
-Washington Police Station (Have the wanted zones be the way they were in GTA United. Original VC was buggy because you would get stars when you would leave the station. Not sure about the locker room.)
-Diaz Mansion (Maybe. This interior would need some changes to work with VCS. It wouldn't have the Scarface look, but I think it would be interesting to see what the house would look like. The lay out would have to be changed to match exterior changes (like roof access and I don't think the room with the bar would be there. Also it would need to be modified so the room that they were inside in VCS is there.)
-Pole Position
-Bank

All these can be put in and the only difference you see outside is a interior marker that wasn't in the original VCS.

sebejszczyn
  • sebejszczyn

Hmm.

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Friday, Dec 28 2012, 23:16)
In Beta 3 are you guys going to code the guards at the military base?

Hope it doesn't end up like in GTA Vice City where they spawn outside the military base for some reason and own you when you go by them, OUTSIDE the base. Rockstar definitly improved on that in VCS. Also in VC, you get wanted if you go inside the police station and leave. GTA United did a much better job at coding the wanted zones there.

Speaking of that, it reminds me. Are you guys going to leave the VC interiors in but have them VCS style? (Blue marker at the door.) I remember someone in the team mentioning this.
Interiors that you guys could leave in:
-Ocean View Hotel
-Washington Police Station (Have the wanted zones be the way they were in GTA United. Original VC was buggy because you would get stars when you would leave the station. Not sure about the locker room.)
-Diaz Mansion (Maybe. This interior would need some changes to work with VCS. It wouldn't have the Scarface look, but I think it would be interesting to see what the house would look like. The lay out would have to be changed to match exterior changes (like roof access and I don't think the room with the bar would be there. Also it would need to be modified so the room that they were inside in VCS is there.)
-Pole Position
-Bank

All these can be put in and the only difference you see outside is a interior marker that wasn't in the original VCS.

Yeah, nice idea!

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

-Ocean View Hotel
-Pole Position
-Bank

- Malibu
Maybe, we're doing up plans and taking design ideas on what we can do, I've already done plans on this on what to include, this is one place we've always wanted to bring back and do a new design for. Even have some music choices lined up referencing something else based in the 80's.

- Ocean View Hotel
No plans, what would be the point?

- Washington Police Station
No plans for this, not considered actually, perhaps towards the end if we want to bulk up the interiors.

- Diaz Mansion
Not a single chance, the interior is completely different in VCS as Diaz is re-designing the place and getting extensions, etc done, so to bring back the old interior would be very awkward. And I doubt we'll do a whole new interior design guessing where the construction is taking place tounge.gif

- Pole Position
Maybe again, another place we wanted to bring back, give it more a roughed up feeling

- Bank
Same as Washington Police Station, never thought about it.

VERSA
  • VERSA

Flying Ped in Space

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Personally, I think you should concentrate on converting original vcs stuff and not waste your time on bringing some stuff from original vc. In the end there can be two different versions: first - with original vcs map, and second - with some vc stuff.

Seriously, you got A LOT of work to do even with original vcs content, don't waste your time on not important stuff, at least for now cryani.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Sooner @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 12:50)
Personally, I think you should concentrate on converting original vcs stuff and not waste your time on bringing some stuff from original vc. In the end there can be two different versions: first - with original vcs map, and second - with some vc stuff.

Seriously, you got A LOT of work to do even with original vcs content, don't waste your time on not important stuff, at least for now cryani.gif

We're not tounge.gif

Converting VCS Map and then Vehicles and then Missions is top priority, any extra stuff gets done on the side or if we have enough time, if you go back a few pages, I made a few posts about how VCS East Island has a lot of rushed areas and unfinished stuff, so the idea would be to then use some VC assets to round off and finish the incomplete areas, and most of us do feel that Vice City East Island DOES need at the very least, The Malibu Club, and then the Strip Club.

Rasta-Braza
  • Rasta-Braza

O.G.

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Recently, there was silence. New vehicles you're not doing, map too, pedestrians too, the mission too. What's happened? sad.gif

P.S. Don't judge me. I used Google Translate..

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

If you'd have followed closely this thread, you should know what they're doing and why it has a bit slowed down smile.gif

Rasta-Braza
  • Rasta-Braza

O.G.

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Mateos @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 18:49)
If you'd have followed closely this thread, you should know what they're doing and why it has a bit slowed down smile.gif

I know what they're doing. I've been following this thread for over a month. But I don't know why they have slowed down. confused.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

If you MUST have an update, CP is correcting bugs in the DowtownS areas, I've been bug checking the map in that area, Silent is doing some "boring" stuff and clean up work, Luten has been correcting some very small minor mistakes on other vehicles (that have already been converted and shown off before) and HackMan is updating his tools like 10 times a day. tounge.gif

There's was also a discussion going on about a potential new member to the team, but the verdict is still out on that.

As for BINK, yes, it IS supported now and using the latest version, the video playback of the Intro movies is now seamless, and displays the correct aspect ratio no matter what display setting you're using, whether 4x3, 5x4, 16x9 or 16x10, the intro videos will display in the proper ratio and not be stretched out and distorted. If I'm going to be honest, the new method for video playback is a lot better than the one Rockstar used, so at the very least, all of you who listed this as a complaint, we've fixed it beyond Rockstar's own style. tounge.gif

Once again, you have to realise we're doing this in our free time and it has just passed Christmas and we're approaching New Year, so we have that side to our social lives to handle, sadly I've also had to deal with the death of a family pet a few days ago, which has put a downer on things for me at the moment, but I will still be open with you guys about the mods progress.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 13:33)
- Malibu
Maybe, we're doing up plans and taking design ideas on what we can do, I've already done plans on this on what to include, this is one place we've always wanted to bring back and do a new design for. Even have some music choices lined up referencing something else based in the 80's.

I always wanted it to look more like the Babylon club from Scarface.

I've also had to deal with the death of a family pet

Was it a cat? sad.gif

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Ash)
If you MUST have an update, CP is correcting bugs in the DowtownS areas, I've been bug checking the map in that area.

Yep, he is very accurate, stickler biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ash)
sadly I've also had to deal with the death of a family pet a few days ago, which has put a downer on things for me at the moment, but I will still be open with you guys about the mods progress.

Oh, so bad.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 20:29)

Was it a cat? sad.gif

No, a rabbit sad.gif We have a small family of rabbits, which originally started as just two of them (we assumed two boys, boy was that fun when the mother gave birth) and the mother rabbit went on to give birth twice, once to a litter of four, and again a month later to a litter of three (Breed like rabbits IS mentioned for a reason, the father rabbit was on her back ASAP after giving birth to the first lot, he was on there for like 5 seconds before we pulled him off, but she got pregnant again from that!). Anyway, yeah we gave three of them away to friends of the family (two from the first batch and one from the second) the problem was, we just got attached to them, you can't let them go away from their mother for the 2 Months, so in that time, we watched them grow up and just couldn't part with them.

So yeah, Christmas Day, the one that just passed, we all got a shock when checking on the boys (the four we kept, one was a girl, three were boys, and we keep them apart, the three boys on their own, and the Father (now "done"), Mother and Daughter in another place), when opening the hutch, one of them was just lying there dead sad.gif He was one of the younger ones to! Just over a year old! And there he was, just dead, turns out he choked on his food Christmas Morning because he always ate fast. sad.gif

Anyway, yeah, sorry for derailing the thread a bit.

VinceDreux
  • VinceDreux

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:57 PM Edited by VinceDreux, 29 December 2012 - 11:00 PM.

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 11:33)
-Ocean View Hotel
-Pole Position
-Bank

- Malibu

You can add the dancing, they're already in San Andreas and I think it would be funny
I mean this dancing, obviously changing animations and music, if it's possible:

http://www.youtube.c...bed/26WA2qCSMog

And I thought also to add Biker, Shark and Cholo dresses for Vic, in some way, it would be pretty badass

These are only ideas, continue focus on the game without adding not important things such these, this is my favourite GTA and playing it on PC would be a dream, thank you guys for your work smile.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 20:29)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 13:33)
- Malibu

I always wanted it to look more like the Babylon club from Scarface.

Was it a cat? sad.gif

It already does, but with some changes. The original VC is definitely inspired from Scarface. Reason's why:
-Diaz/Vircetti Estate
-Malibu
-Hotel Room with chainsaw in it, and blood in the bathtub.
-Not GTA VC, but GTA III's radio station Flashback FM was pure Scarface sound track.
I'm sure there is more. However the game definitely is Scarface inspired. I was going to do a TC for VC that turned it into Scarface. It would be neat. It is dead though. I worked on it at a time when I had no knowledge on scripting (during the Windows Vista era). But I did work on the map to recreate locations from the movie. Unfortunately, stupid Windows Vista f*cked up my Vice City install that contained the mod. So the only way to access my map changes was to launch Vice City on that computer, in that folder directory. If I renamed my VC install that had the map, the map wouldn't be there. Something got f*cked up in the registry. It also got my SOL install I had at the time mixed up, along with my GTA SA copy that had a bunch of real life mods on it, like billboards, shops, vehicles, ect. However those could be restored. The thing is with my Scarface mod, I even had the map bounds hacked and I mapped out an island south of VC/Miami, that was supposed to be Cuba. You had to drive a little bit to get there in a boat, sea plane, or helicopter. The mod had so much potential. I wanted to have all the places in VC altered to be like Scarface (with out VC modifications), and I even created some places in Vice City that were in the movie. I did it pretty well for not knowing how to model so I was restricted to VC models. Locations in VC to turn it into Scarface Miami, and the island I created for Cuba south of Vice City/Miami.

Maybe the mod can get revived. If I start it again, I want to put it on the Rage Engine, ether on top of Vice City Rage, or VCHD. However Cuba would have to be assessable differently, with a loading screen. That or I'd have to move Vice City to the very top of the map, but Cuba would still be too close. Unless map bounds can be hacked along with paths. Might be better to do it on the original VC.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:48 AM Edited by Blaster_nl, 30 December 2012 - 12:51 AM.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 01:22)
It already does, but with some changes. The original VC is definitely inspired from Scarface. Reason's why:

I know that, it was a subtle way of saying it has way too less details, polygons and low texture size to look like the real thing. Scarface was a big inspiration, anyone who saw that movie can come to that conclusion.

@Ash_735, sorry to hear that. sad.gif .

Claude Liberty
  • Claude Liberty

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

nkjellman, there's a game called Scarface: The World Is Yours. Optimization is f*cked up though. But you could use content from there to recreate that game on VC engine. That would be great.
Ash_735, I'm so sorry about that. I guess making you remember it only makes things worse, so good luck on the mod! Happy oncoming new year!

nithinthilak
  • nithinthilak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

I installed VCS successfully.. But it showing the .NET Framework error (posted below) while trying to launch. I am using Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.. I tried reinstalling .NET (both with 4 & 4.5 version)
But Still no use... Pls help me.. I want to play this real bad...

user posted image

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

Do you have a legit copy of the game?

nithinthilak
  • nithinthilak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

It is not installed one.. A copied one... But it is full
It contain all radio stations, dialogues and all...

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Did you try the DLL fix from the second post?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users