Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

Still San Andreas, like I said, we've got it on a new system, but we haven't actually focused on Sound, the new system will allow us to replace them via updater in future, right now everything still sounds the same, unfinished weapons included, etc. Priority right now is Map and quality control on that.
  • Tomasak, Mr. Jago, IButeraHudson and 1 other like this

Alek-say
  • Alek-say

Player hater

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

Ash, what about particles? Is it possible to make VCS fire in PC Edition? Because, San Andreas' particles is so annoying to be seen in VCS PC Edition. 

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

That's something Silent to look at, he's been doing tests with coronas and stuff but Silent's work is very all over the place, he could be doing missions one day, reverse engineering something the next, controls the day after, etc, etc, and he's been away the past few days, so who knows what he's been doing :p At the moment all I can safely say is that Luten is busy, CP and myself have been working with the map, which again, is top priority since any old "modder" can now come along and dump the original VCS map, we want to give you guys a reason to like ours, so fixing the problems Rockstar did and increasing the texture quality, etc, should hopefully be enough for you guys to appreciate.
  • Platinum Card, Mr. Jago, AdusPL and 1 other like this

tmitchell48
  • tmitchell48

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

how are the missions going guys ?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

That's silent's area, not sure where abouts we'll be ending the missions this time.
  • tmitchell48 likes this

Tadzik
  • Tadzik

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

Silent has Matura exam in May, so maybe he is studying :p

Keith Ward
  • Keith Ward

Mark Ass Bitch Punk Trick Busta Fool

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:02 AM

Wow, it sounds like things are going pretty smoothly! Good work VCS team!

CharlesVercetti
  • CharlesVercetti

Back to the business...

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

.....any old "modder" can now come along and dump the original VCS map.

Man,that's a takedown....

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

on your lap

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

.....any old "modder" can now come along and dump the original VCS map.

Man,that's a takedown....
He's got a point though. How is that a takedown?

WillzyyyGTA
  • WillzyyyGTA

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

It's the honest truth, Ash just said that they are more than just converting the map, they are polishing it up and making it better and higher quality. Nothing wrong with that. :p

FunnySynchro
  • FunnySynchro

A Poland rockstar!

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:51 PM Edited by FunnySynchro, 15 March 2014 - 07:51 PM.

It messes up the dynamic of the mod. That may not be what he was referring to, but people expect Vice City Stories, not Vice City Stories HD, fixed map with edited texture and fixed map objects. In such a case, I'd rather stick to a simple PPSSPP emulator which runs amazingly fast that gives me the original Rockstar gameplay effect. People may want the VCS map only, but if it is indeed so in such situations, the mod may die. Did I offend you? Sorry for stating factual information.
  • IButeraHudson likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

It messes up the dynamic of the mod. That may not be what he was referring to, but people expect Vice City Stories, not Vice City Stories HD, fixed map with edited texture and fixed map objects. In such a case, I'd rather stick to a simple PPSSPP emulator which runs amazingly fast that gives me the original Rockstar gameplay effect. People may want the VCS map only, but if it is indeed so in such situations, the mod may die. Did I offend you? Sorry for stating factual information.

It's not exactly VCS HD though, that's why we're using PS2 textures, we're not using anything more than the PS2 could handle, we've actually done smaller fixes on the West Island, many people didn't notice them, but we knew we fixed them, so it's good enough, it's just a glaring contrast here because East island is a mess in VCS, it was rushed, it's using PSP Textures, etc, so quality wise, it's worse off compared to just the other side of the map!

You mentioned PPSSPP, that's using the PSP version where all the textures are the same quality throughout the map, it's the PS2 port that got a rough job in this sense, where all new VCS textures were updated and most of the West Island was brought back up to PS2 quality, but they rushed it out of the door before even getting to East Island causing all these texture glitches, mis-matched patterns, low quality, etc. If that "messes with the dynamic" for you, then tough, we have a chance here to fix Rockstar's mistakes, as I said, anyone can now easily dump out the default map with no changes, so go and use one of those mods instead if you think we're messing with this too much.

All we're doing is fixing what's not right and bringing the texture quality back up to par with the West Island so the map is balanced. It's not HD, it's not like some re-master, it's not even using the PC Textures, it's just getting it to not look like a rushed mess, which after this long wait for the mod, we think PC Gamers deserve.
  • Tomasak, IButeraHudson, MMProductions and 1 other like this

FunnySynchro
  • FunnySynchro

A Poland rockstar!

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

In my understanding, if some people couldn't even notice the fixes, why did you guys do it? PPSSPP still gives a great native resolution that can be used which gives the game great gameplay, this is just my opinion, but with all these emulators expanding the capabilities, we may just be able to play the original game without any lag. Just a matter of time.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

In my understanding, if some people couldn't even notice the fixes, why did you guys do it? PPSSPP still gives a great native resolution that can be used which gives the game great gameplay, this is just my opinion, but with all these emulators expanding the capabilities, we may just be able to play the original game without any lag. Just a matter of time.

Why do it? Because WE noticed it and WE fixed it, and maybe along the way some people will notice it and be all like "Wow, they really did get into the small details", that may be a good thing or a bad thing, but most of the team have that mindset of being obsessive over the small details and fixing what we can, half the stuff Silent even does to the game engine would go un-noticed to most people, but he does it because he knows he can fix and in the end it results in a better performing engine.

We know people can play emulators and by all means they can do that if they wish, no one is stopping them, but our goal is to provide a PC Port of Good Quality that PC Gamers will enjoy. Rather than just some emulation, we're tailoring a lot of stuff to suit the PC instead, there's a lot of changes made and still a lot to go but we're happy to do it.

That's why every now and then any additional content gets done, tested out, etc, a lot of stuff is scrapped before we even show you guys, but I can assure you ANYTHING added into this game as an extra is fully researched, gets ran by me, etc, to make sure it can fit and not be out of place, I've had to research Monster Trucks from the late 70s and Early 80s, and recently did reserach on the best selling RC Toys of the Early 80s, which by the way, you guys should like our choice of RC Car, it's based on both an SA Only Vehicle and on an RC Car that was released in 1984.
  • Tomasak, 018361, Mr. Jago and 3 others like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

Crazy speed of progress from my side, nbeachbt conversion:
SdRghN3.jpg
  • Ash_735, Tomasak, 018361 and 8 others like this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

@_CP_ Loving the progress of work. Looks great!

@Ash Well said, never actually realised how much thought you guys put into the mod, especially with all the research.

BZaki96
  • BZaki96

Have a nice death!

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

Hello Ash, when are you guys going to release the BETA 4? And will it include completed missions, or a complete VCS map, or the both?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

Update:
nbeachbt_1.png
nbeachbt_2.png
nbeachbt_3.png
  • Ash_735, Tomasak, 018361 and 4 others like this

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best GTAGarage Staff 2017
    Most Talented [Graphics] 2016
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2016 [Honorable mention]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Biggest Asskisser 2014
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Biggest Asskisser 2013

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

Update:
nbeachbt_1.png

Are those windows LOD or once again Rockstar being lazy w/ PSP textures?

• TJGM likes this

RogueGhost87
  • RogueGhost87

Wait you mean I can edit this?

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:52 PM Edited by RogueGhost87, 15 March 2014 - 09:55 PM.

Hello Ash, when are you guys going to release the BETA 4? And will it include completed missions, or a complete VCS map, or the both?

They aren't releasing any beta's anymore only Codenames which is atm Silver Palmetto , they'll be including some new missions but atm their main focus is the map and fixing Rockstars screw ups.

Great Screens Btw , gave up on VCS PSP really can't stand it anymore , when I play this it feels right.
  • Tomasak and BZaki96 like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

Are those windows LOD or once again Rockstar being lazy w/ PSP textures?

That second option.
  • Ash_735, 018361 and MMProductions like this

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

That second option.

Any texture looks good with neons :)

7gr1.jpg

• LINK/2012 likes this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

Yeah, especially in the night when everything is masked by darkness :p
  • Kalvin and MMProductions like this

Keith Ward
  • Keith Ward

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:51 PM Edited by Keith Ward, 16 March 2014 - 12:09 AM.

New RC car?

My guess is a Marui Big Bear! Or maybe a Tamiya Grass Hopper...

Also, is there any chance in the future that all the interiors accessible outside missions will have pedestrians in them (King Knuts, White Stallionz, Well Stacked Pizza, ect.)?

KowalskiGuy
  • KowalskiGuy

One average penguin, one average member title.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:22 AM

New RC car?

Z5QuX6R.jpg

• ThirteenAG, 018361, Kalvin and 2 others like this

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

It's clearly stated that their goal is to bring us PC gamers a port that R* never gave us. Emulator wise, they will never be as good as a PC port even if somehow it magically allows you to use keyboard/mouse native.

FunnySynchro
  • FunnySynchro

A Poland rockstar!

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:10 AM Edited by FunnySynchro, 16 March 2014 - 08:12 AM.

On this side of my computer I CANNOT take it seriously... "It's clearly stated that their goal is to bring us PC gamers a port that R* never gave us." If Rockstar DID give us that port, it would have been exactly like VCS on PSP and PS2, take a look at games like San Andreas. That's what I meant. "Emulator wise, they will never be as good as a PC port" But then, it'll atleast be like the original VCS game we enjoyed.

Not hating.

EDIT: And personally, i feel with all the VCS raw models being extracted/ripped and being released, stuff is going to go down I guess,

Keith Ward
  • Keith Ward

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

• Ash_735 and TJGM like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:56 AM Edited by Ash_735, 16 March 2014 - 08:58 AM.

On this side of my computer I CANNOT take it seriously... "It's clearly stated that their goal is to bring us PC gamers a port that R* never gave us." If Rockstar DID give us that port, it would have been exactly like VCS on PSP and PS2, take a look at games like San Andreas. That's what I meant.

You mean San Andreas, where they used Higher Resolution Textures on the PC Version, or Vice City, where they used Higher Resolution Textures on the PC Version, or GTA III where they used Higher Resolution Textures on the PC version.

Not to mention the additional props and items placed on the map around the place on the PC Versions of those games.

I don't see what you're getting at here :p Fact is, VCS was rushed on the PS2 just so they could clear it off and get it out. LCS on the PS2 had more work put into it, textures were bumped up in quality, etc, VCS came out on PS2 during 2007, a phase where the PS2 was already at end life, I doubt Rockstar gave a crap that much in making sure the quality was up to their usual standard.

VCS got a raw deal with it's port, and that's where we're trying to fix that to at least get the map back on balance. For example, I've already said how all new VCS textures were increased, on East Island that's very few buildings and props, but the main would be washingtonN, where there's a collapsed building being demolished, this building has mainly 128x Textures, the surrounding areas are pretty much unchanged from Vice City, just some generics changes, but these buildings all sported mainly 64x Textures, it's jarring.

As for your Edit, well Rockstar have seen the mod and the only thing they had to say about it was "cool!", not saying they wont go all legal in the future, but for now they seem pretty ok with it.

EDIT: And don't get me wrong, Rockstar messed up a lot of things with the PC Port of San Andreas, Silent would give you like a lecture on that, but visually, apart from the colour filter (which they brought back for the Mobile release), and visual effects due to the engine (Heli Rotors, Dynamic Reflections on Vehicles), everything else was given a bump in quality.
  • gamerzworld, Mr. Jago and MMProductions like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users