16,137 replies to this topic
ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:26 PM Edited by ssbawesome, 12 March 2014 - 08:27 PM.

Um...Wow.

Meanwhile at Rockstar:

IgIdRFC.gif

• Ash_735 and Kalvin like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

• Ash_735, Mr. Jago and TJGM like this

Tranquil_Suit
  • Tranquil_Suit

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

I asked this earlier in the thread

I don't get it, R* did East Island so well in original VC. Why didn't they just copy/paste from there?

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:41 PM Edited by TJGM, 12 March 2014 - 08:42 PM.

I don't get it, R* did East Island so well in original VC. Why didn't they just copy/paste from there?

You act like people here should know.. I'd like to think it was to reduce the polygon count for PSP.. but that model isn't exactly big and I can't even explain the color.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

As we said earlier, it's mainly PSP Models/Textures.

When doing the game they pretty much took Vice City PS2, downscaled the textures and removed some models and additional details, etc, so it would fit on the PSP, THEN added any new VCS stuff. When porting to the PS2, they upgraded those newly added VCS stuff, which covers most of West Island to, etc, but for some reason left most of East Island in PSP quality. I say some reason, most likely just rushed it out, LCS had more care taken to it when going over to PS2 in terms of textures and models, VCS was just rushed out the door with some extra side missions.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

They did the same with TBoGT on PC, here is one example:

IV PC Bahama Mamas

http://snag.gy/kpNxT.jpg

TBoGT PC Bahama Mamas

http://snag.gy/aAqAB.jpg

Check the texture resolutions. It's using the 360\ps3 textures.

• Mega likes this

Tranquil_Suit
  • Tranquil_Suit

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

You act like people here should know.. I'd like to think it was to reduce the polygon count for PSP.. but that model isn't exactly big and I can't even explain the color.

I apologize if the tone of my posts has come over as demanding.

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

I'm going to report a bug (or a bunch of them), not sure if you guys already noticed this before...

At the moment I'm carrying an Uzi (I think it's called that way lol) in the game, and somehow every time I enter a vehicle, the game doesn't recognizes the Uzi as a weapon for "drive-by", and I simply can't perform drive-bys while in vehicles with that gun, unless I enter the vehicle with the Uzi on my hand.

But when I do so, the gun simply disappears from Vic's hand, but I can still use it.

And on top of that, I hear a very strange sound of gun firing every time I use it, which really reminds me of the "Deagle" gun firing sound or some other gun like that... in other words, the gun firing sound for the Uzi isn't correct at all.

Here are some pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/ZRDxr1P.png (here I am carrying the gun in my hand)

http://i.imgur.com/ITyYGyK.png (after pressing F, I normally enter the vehicle, the gun suddenly disappears but it's still usable)

Don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this, but I hope you guys do find a way to fix it (or at least force the game to recognize the Uzi as a weapon for drive-by, so we don't have to manually select it every time we want to enter a vehicle to do a drive-by).

Also, I have a small suggestion to make... Have you guys ever thought about the possibility of adding a full interior to THIS (check image below):

I already reported this since BETA2, it's a problem with SA's weapon system. The Uzi currently takes Silenced 9mm's slot, making it a pistol so the game can't recognize it as drive-by weapon properly like you said. Same problem with GENRL editing (Ash didn't make changes to it).

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

Dear Rockstar,

1g65op.png

tumblr_inline_mfcy4iRHDe1rstddl.png
  • Tomasak likes this

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

Dear Rockstar,

1g65op.png

tumblr_inline_mfcy4iRHDe1rstddl.png

So what's the difference in this picture? I checked the original in Vice City as you didn't post a picture of it - It seems the same to me apart from the lower resolution textures.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:03 AM

Look at the border on the top :p They used the generic Dark Blue Texture instead of the actual buildings Aqua one, so when it's used on the building, the doors and blank walls have the Aqua boarder, but the windows have Dark Blue, it's very jarring.

Keith Ward
  • Keith Ward

Mark Ass Bitch Punk Trick Busta Fool

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:25 AM

Hey, this may seem like a weird question, but is there a way to extend the length of the timecyc and day at all (maybe through mod form?) or would this screw up the game immensely?

I always feel like the days zoom by too quickly for my liking (especially after playing IV and V) and I've always wanted more daylight and nighttime hours in VCS. Is there anything I can try on my end? 

Diablosrouge
  • Diablosrouge

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:05 AM Edited by Diablosrouge, 13 March 2014 - 03:06 AM.

http://www.thegtapla...6-time-sync-181

I used this in the past. Works with GTA:SA, dunno if it will work with this mod. This is real time tho, not sure if you can edit the rate.

Keith Ward
  • Keith Ward

Mark Ass Bitch Punk Trick Busta Fool

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:35 AM

Wow, that's kinda cool. But yeah, I was looking for an adjustable one, or a way that I can just change it myself (specifically for this mod, of course).

Diablosrouge
  • Diablosrouge

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

isnt there a cheat incorporated in the game that slows down the time?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

Sorry there's not been much news, we're kinda busy fixing a lot of crap over here. WashingtonN and WashingtonS are now re-textured up to PS2 quality, and a good handful of texture bugs have been fixed, OceanDRV is a bit of a mess and is actually more difficult to fix as Rockstar really went weird here and changed up the way things are sorted and what textures are used where, etc, especially for the buildings and hotels, I've only corrected the neons and some generics there for now but it's just a mess, haha.

OceanDN is now in game, looking great, might focus my attention there next, CP has been busy fixing anything I throw at him, including a lot of Collision errors left behind by Rockstar. The Malibu Club will be started soon to! If the pace keeps up, then maybe the entire map will be done for Silver Palmetto along with the texture quality boost for the majority of East Island.

Extra Interior wise, that betting shop doesn't even exist in VCS, so we're not going to force that. :p As we said, right now, Malibu, Strip Club and Kings Knuts being open outside of the missions are the basic ones we're going for, anything else is up for consideration as long as it fits.

Audio wise, yes we know the weapons are unfinished, it's not like we've ignored that, SFX has been transfered over to a new method now which will allow SFX to be shipped by us, we're planning the same for SCRIPT to, this will cut down installation time quite a lot as the main bulk of it for Blue Hesper was copying San Andreas' archives and re-building them, but nope, don't need that anymore. this way will allow us to update audio casually to and make things easier for us to sort out when we shift focus back to that.

We're not using Vehicle Audio Hook externally anymore (GOODBYE FRAMEWORK REQUIREMENT), so we'll be sorting out vehicle sound errors to at some point, for now just as a test we've done the Default Radio ID for Vehicles and it works fine (this also cuts down Paradise FM being played all the damn time).

So yeah, we're kinda busy here, and in the words of Rockstar, bit off more than we can chew, things that we have planned have kind of grown out, and of course we have Silent who's obsessed with the small stuff and he's pretty much fixing the engine core wise and right now I'm just obsessed with getting these textures to not look like sh*t. :p And CP and Luten are working away on right now getting as much map work and interiors done, Luten recently finished off all empire exteriors and interiors and the game is spawning them correctly now along with the vehicles for the gangs who own them, etc.
  • gamerzworld, WillzyyyGTA, Tomasak and 10 others like this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:14 AM

You guys are truly awesome! Anything new about vehicles?

WillzyyyGTA
  • WillzyyyGTA

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Nice work guys, keep it up! :) Can't wait for the next update, it's going to be mega! 

tmitchell48
  • tmitchell48

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

cant wait to get rolling in 1984 again :)

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

You guys are truly awesome! Anything new about vehicles?

Map is their main focuz now, so yeah, vehicle's gotta wait =))

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

All road vehicles are done, only boats & helis are to do.
  • Tomasak, MMProductions and tmitchell48 like this

Alek-say
  • Alek-say

Player hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

Great news, guys! Hope, I'll see the complete VCS PC Edition. Also, I would like to make the question about sounds a bit clearer for me: Have made sound system easier to put the new sounds without old, random transformation in game?   

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:12 PM Edited by Claude Liberty, 14 March 2014 - 01:13 PM.

I mean there were some flaws with them. Are they all fixed now?
  • MatteoPTO likes this

MatteoPTO
  • MatteoPTO

MILEY

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:06 PM Edited by DonMatteuzzo, 14 March 2014 - 02:43 PM.

I Found A Beta Boat of GTA VCS, can include this boat?Ambassador_in_bradygames_guide.jpg

Blacklight21
  • Blacklight21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

The picture shows the Speeder boat, so there is no way to know how did the Ambassador looked.

• MatteoPTO likes this

CharlesVercetti
  • CharlesVercetti

a.k.a TommyCJFaann

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

This is really great job. Retexturing the map, some of the FrontEnds, Coding,etc.

I can call this,the real "PC Edition"!

• Tomasak and MatteoPTO like this

MatteoPTO
  • MatteoPTO

MILEY

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

The Best Mod (Total Conversion) Ever 

• CharlesVercetti and tmitchell48 like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

You are better porters than R* one :D

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

Most of the vehicles are done, various bug we'll look at later, as for that boat, fun fact there's actually TWO Speeders in the game, one that's used normally and another one, which we're not sure where it's used, but it has like crazy handling, super fast and overly sensitive, so unless that was the Ambassador?

@Alek-Say: Yes, hopefully, it at least gives us finer control over it so whilst it might not completely be bug free, it should be less hectic than it is now, hopefully enough to stop the weapon cut out bug some people have.

Aerotactics
  • Aerotactics

Hit me up on SAMP!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

Most of the vehicles are done, various bug we'll look at later, as for that boat, fun fact there's actually TWO Speeders in the game, one that's used normally and another one, which we're not sure where it's used, but it has like crazy handling, super fast and overly sensitive, so unless that was the Ambassador?

@Alek-Say: Yes, hopefully, it at least gives us finer control over it so whilst it might not completely be bug free, it should be less hectic than it is now, hopefully enough to stop the weapon cut out bug some people have.

http://gta.wikia.com/Ambassador

According to the wiki, that second boat IS the Ambassador, and it WAS cut from the game -- and it still exists as the second Speeder. You guys should take the time to remodel and retexture it. Or just add it to the game as is. The photo is -- in fact -- a photo of the Ambassador, not a Speeder.

• theNGclan likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users