SA WIP SA Released
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
16,137 replies to this topic
Mega
  • Mega

Smartass/Joker (Freelancer)

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:18 PM Edited by MegaMario1500, 12 November 2013 - 04:18 PM.

It's already converted and uploaded. You cannot actually come inside, but you do can save vehicles in garage.

Yeah, took a few pics of it incase someone wants to take a look:

imgur.com/a/V9Lfj

Keith Ward
  • Keith Ward

Mark Ass Bitch Punk Trick Busta Fool

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

I meant from the inside... :p

But more specifically, I was more curious about the next major update? Any release window yet?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

We can't say yet, there's been some pretty bid advancements in the engibne work, especially in one area many of you asked about.*

*No it's not a fix for Truck Stop.

• Keith Ward likes this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

The feature I personally want the most is headlight coronas and taillight effects on the asphalt. I think DK22Pac can help you recreate them.

CapoColonia
  • CapoColonia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

We can't say yet, there's been some pretty bid advancements in the engibne work, especially in one area many of you asked about.*

Sorry but I think it's senseless to add new features when you can't even play the storyline because of the Truck Stop Bug. This should be the most important thing to do, don't you think so?

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

Sorry but I think it's senseless to add new features when you can't even play the storyline because of the Truck Stop Bug. This should be the most important thing to do, don't you think so?

And you are telling them to just do nothing but focuz on it?

Slient is the only coder in the team and he himself didn't figure a way out (Even though he figured the reason). Ash is in charge of texture and audio, so obviously what he came up with is irrelevant with fixing Truck Stop bug.

so23
  • so23

Vice City Nut

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

hey there! I have a little problem. Every time I search radio stations and reach custom audio player the game freezes. The same happens when I enter a car and custom audio player is on by default.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:40 PM Edited by NTAuthority, 13 November 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Slient is the only coder in the team and he himself didn't figure a way out (Even though he figured the reason). Ash is in charge of texture and audio, so obviously what he came up with is irrelevant with fixing Truck Stop bug.

I've been attempting to fix it with a couple of theories myself too, but haven't been able to reliably reproduce it to test my bug fix (and making a small snippet of code that does the same as the mission does appeared to not cause the issue even if I'd make the car drive from the south of Viceport all the way to Hyman Stadium, so it's quite an obscure issue -- tracing the route 'starting point' seems to fail somehow which makes the game switch to 'drive in a straight line' mode)
  • TJGM likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

Yeah the Truck Stop thing is an issue we are WELL aware of and we DO know the reason, it's just a matter of finding the fix for it, which, we're not going to let the rest of us tie up, as we've always said, we're NOT doing anymore story missions until the current ones are working fine. Truck Stop CAN be completed if you stop the truck before leaving Havana, but we know many players don't get that, so right now that is the sole mission holding back the storyline, and with everything that's been worked out recently, it IS the sole thing holding everything back on that front. :p

So for the rest, we're just making sure the game looks as good as it can be, someone mentioned something earlier that is one of the next things to be added in and map progress has resumed, washintonS is nearly complete, it's there, LOD and neoned, etc, but now we're fixing Rockstar's mistakes, and with the East Island, there's a LOT of mistakes and rushes, for example, we've fixed Apartment 3C! It now has stairs again! :p

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:28 PM Edited by Claude Liberty, 13 November 2013 - 05:03 PM.

I think VCS:PC would take the prize in best GTA PC adaptation contest.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

23jiz2w.jpg

PM Me if you'd like to submit your request. :)

• TJGM likes this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:38 AM Edited by Claude Liberty, 14 November 2013 - 08:13 AM.

Just a thought. What do you think of recreating PSP widescreen intros  and splashscreens in higher resolution?

Wildstylo
  • Wildstylo

Yo!Wildstyle In Da House!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:10 AM Edited by Wildstylo, 14 November 2013 - 08:10 AM.

what about Russian  language?

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

Wildstylo, go to gta.ru, looks like there are some people already porting Dageron's loc to PC Edition.

Wildstylo
  • Wildstylo

Yo!Wildstyle In Da House!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

Wildstylo, go to gta.ru, looks like there are some people already porting Dageron's loc to PC Edition.

Dageron?No,thanks :lol:

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

If anyone is wondering why I don't post anymore, it's be

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

I have a small request for the mod. Instead of having the crappy decorative Airtrains in the map which ruin any map conversion, why not put AT-400's replaced with a flyable version of the Airtrain, I know it differs from the original game but it would be better.

• Mega likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Fixing Officer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Currently low priority due to amount of work it requires (not enough space even in CURRENT character maps to add entire Cyrylic), but it may appear at some point.

I have a small request for the mod. Instead of having the crappy decorative Airtrains in the map which ruin any map conversion, why not put AT-400's replaced with a flyable version of the Airtrain, I know it differs from the original game but it would be better.

Not up to me, but I think it may appear at some point aswell.

TheWantedOne
  • TheWantedOne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

Yeah the Truck Stop thing is an issue we are WELL aware of and we DO know the reason, it's just a matter of finding the fix for it, which, we're not going to let the rest of us tie up, as we've always said, we're NOT doing anymore story missions until the current ones are working fine. Truck Stop CAN be completed if you stop the truck before leaving Havana, but we know many players don't get that, so right now that is the sole mission holding back the storyline, and with everything that's been worked out recently, it IS the sole thing holding everything back on that front. :p

I respectfully disagree with this..I finished the Truck Stop mission by stopping the truck a bit further than Little Haiti..It's very hard to stop the truck before little haiti so i tried another solution and it worked..and it is: Stop the truck when you reach the point where the truck is out of little haiti territory..I'll tell you guys where: You know the phil's old place? There is a road in front of the place enterance, The truck will take that road..when it steers to the road and take it..STOP IT THERE !!

After that phil will keep scratching the wall to steer to the proper way..wait for him to scratch it all..keep protecting him till he takes the route..that might be boring but at least there is a hope in finishing the mission.

With that way i could finish all missions till the mission "Marked Man"..It's the last mission added in the last update. Now i'm waiting for more missions to be added.

Hope i helped.

GTASAGAMER4LIFE
  • GTASAGAMER4LIFE

Basic Cleo Maker

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

im from Argentina,but i have 13.

23jiz2w.jpg

PM Me if you'd like to submit your request. :)

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

I respectfully disagree with this..I finished the Truck Stop mission by stopping the truck a bit further than Little Haiti..It's very hard to stop the truck before little haiti so i tried another solution and it worked..and it is: Stop the truck when you reach the point where the truck is out of little haiti territory..I'll tell you guys where: You know the phil's old place? There is a road in front of the place enterance, The truck will take that road..when it steers to the road and take it..STOP IT THERE !!

After that phil will keep scratching the wall to steer to the proper way..wait for him to scratch it all..keep protecting him till he takes the route..that might be boring but at least there is a hope in finishing the mission.

With that way i could finish all missions till the mission "Marked Man"..It's the last mission added in the last update. Now i'm waiting for more missions to be added.

Hope i helped.

Yea, I was able to work around it too. I don't remember what I did, but I passed all the available story missions.

paco2893
  • paco2893

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:06 PM Edited by paco2893, 14 November 2013 - 07:06 PM.

The game crashes for me in the mission "Cholo Victory", exactly when the cholo car blows up.

Here's the .dmp files (the game is fully updated).

http://rapidshare.co...75FC23EFB121D59

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

If anyone is wondering why I don't post anymore, it's be

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Currently low priority due to amount of work it requires (not enough space even in CURRENT character maps to add entire Cyrylic), but it may appear at some point.

Not up to me, but I think it may appear at some point aswell.

Well I hope so, you probably know but the original VCS had a glitch where is you stood on the wing of the Airtrain you could enter it but not control it, just change the radio stations.

Here is a link to the glitch: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HIKgJL2m7wQ

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

I'm pretty sure Luten did a flyable version of it after BETA2 back when we was testing the new tools. There's a lot of things that get left on the cutting room floor, it's very easy to see how it's done in game design. :p

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

Those interiors will make an entrance in the official release as stated before.

Any other interiors and "basic" stuff should not be on DLCs but on the official releases, else the game will just get too split. DLC should be for little bonus stuff like that Halloween Event or a few more missions.

Anything core should stay in the core.

No, obviously the interior themselves wouldn't be a DLC. The ability to go inside of them well outside of a mission would be, and this includes cut scene interiors.

[PTM]Al_Pacino
  • [PTM]Al_Pacino

Vice City Stories PC Edition supporter

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:06 AM Edited by [PTM]Al_Pacino, 15 November 2013 - 02:11 AM.

That would be great actually.

Those interiors will make an entrance in the official release as stated before.

Any other interiors and "basic" stuff should not be on DLCs but on the official releases, else the game will just get too split. DLC should be for little bonus stuff like that Halloween Event or a few more missions.

Anything core should stay in the core.

No, obviously the interior themselves wouldn't be a DLC. The ability to go inside of them well outside of a mission would be, and this includes cut scene interiors.

That's totally pointless. It's the same thing as making the interiors a DLC.

• Mega likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:57 PM Edited by Ash_735, 15 November 2013 - 03:11 PM.

OK, in regards to interiors, Malibu and Pole Position WILL be included as standard in the game, the East Island was rushed and barely has any activity outside of the fairground, so this will be an added bonus to help perk the area up. However the suggestion to have a DLC option to allow players to explore the interiors from cutscenes, etc, also sounds good and we'll take that into consideration.

edit: A little teaser...

b86ceo.png

• Mega likes this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

I just remembered what I wanted to say. Characters cutscene models look a little bit different form original ones. For example, Jerry's hand holding a cigar in 'Soldier' cutscene looks really off. Think of reconverting?

Mega
  • Mega

Smartass/Joker (Freelancer)

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

I just remembered what I wanted to say. Characters cutscene models look a little bit different form original ones. For example, Jerry's hand holding a cigar in 'Soldier' cutscene looks really off. Think of reconverting?

Why reconvert? 

I think that it's the same way in PSP/PS2 (was comparing mod with original a few weeks ago)

Pawbrotm
  • Pawbrotm

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

I have another DLC idea. How about adding an option to remove LOD's and replace them with full models? LOD's are IMO useless on more powerful computers and they show too close so instead of a normal building we clearly see an ugly, blurred LOD. It could also come with extended trees and street lamps draw distance - for now it is quite stupid that as you drive the trees just materialize from nowhere. 

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Fixing Officer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

they show too close so instead of a normal building we clearly see an ugly, blurred LOD.

The distance is bumped up by 50% compared to stock SA anyway! :p

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users