SA WIP SA Released
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
16,137 replies to this topic
mcsim2401
  • mcsim2401

Hoodlum

• Members

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 00:47)
OK, so with a lack of stuff happening on here, I decided to go back to the timecyc (yay, you're already bored!) but yeah, decided to address an issue, I didn't like relying on colormod to adjust the gamma, so I went and swapped around some RGB values in the timecyc  from the original VCS into the SA engines Color Correction version (which isn't used on any other game) and I found a good combination to use, so the following screenshots are from the game with no colormod adjustment, only Bloom, so let me know what you guys think, here's some weather cycles

Nice, but daytime looks dark (I mean not enough lighting on objects). I didn't played PS2, maybe there's dark daytime in PS2.
At least PSP version looks lighter

-DP-
  • -DP-

Retired Modder

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Luten @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 20:45)
QUOTE (Johnny_Cash1983 @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 20:50)
Are interiors destroy able?

You mean objects like cash registers, freezer, tv, stereo etc. ?

These objects are destroyable like in original VCS smile.gif

Wow that's amazing icon14.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (mcsim2401 @ Tuesday, Oct 9 2012, 17:02)
OK, so with a lack of stuff happening on here, I decided to go back to the timecyc (yay, you're already bored!) but yeah, decided to address an issue, I didn't like relying on colormod to adjust the gamma, so I went and swapped around some RGB values in the timecyc  from the original VCS into the SA engines Color Correction version (which isn't used on any other game) and I found a good combination to use, so the following screenshots are from the game with no colormod adjustment, only Bloom, so let me know what you guys think, here's some weather cycles

Nice, but daytime looks dark (I mean not enough lighting on objects). I didn't played PS2, maybe there's dark daytime in PS2.

Considering one of the complaints I got from the team was that it looks too bright and like the PSP version, I'm going to say yeah on that one. tounge.gif

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to sell Shark Cards.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 12:21)
QUOTE (Mateos @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 15:32)
On the first screenshot the electric pillar seems to be "duplicated", is it the Bloom?

Can the fog be stronger? I mean, the sky and the effects are really nice, but the fog seems to appear quite far for a such strength, if you see what I mean?

Apart that it is a magnified VCS, well done smile.gif

1) Yes, that's a bloom effect

2) A tricky one, Fog in VCS is weak, so the settings here with the SA style fog look even more weaker, but it does look better in motion as you still get the myst on the roads and still floating in, same with the rain, in screenshots it looks a bit off, but looks better in motion.

At some point, I'm planning on increasing the Draw Distance by 10%, for BETA 2 I set the draw distance quite high for what I thought was close enough to give it a correct look on the PC, so now thanks to that, I know what the engine can handle, and I've calculated that the maximum farclip in the default timecyc, boosted by 10% makes it reach the same area I set in BETA 2, so call it a bonus of the PC version. tounge.gif

This is where I need Silent again now, because the San Andreas Weather system is packed, after all it has different weathers for each map area, so each weather cycle only gets 8 Hours, hoping to knock out some of the unused weather cycles and boost the ones we do have to at least get around 12 hour cycles in, that's why I tried to not show off any pictures between 1pm - 7pm and 1am - 5am, as you can see in the second f*ck yo car pic, it's nearly 4am and it already looks bright as day because the game is mixing the Midnight Cycle with the 5am cycle, there's nothing inbetween, so I want to at least get a couple of extra slots for 3am, 9am, 3pm and 9pm, so that way, when it mixes, you're never more than 2 - 3 minutes away from the correct weather.

This is probably the biggest reason I love this mod, you guys are going to extreme lengths to stay as close to the original as possible and only adding things where it makes sense. The screens on the last page threw me off when I was flipping through tabs in my browser. I thought they were screens from the PS2 version for a second before I seen the FPS counter and the topic name. icon14.gif

@Luten, Amazing work on the interiors! cookie.gif

futureAllrounder
  • futureAllrounder

Stay cool!

• Members

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Tuesday, Oct 9 2012, 18:34)

Considering one of the complaints I got from the team was that it looks too bright and like the PSP version, I'm going to say yeah on that one. tounge.gif

It is indeed looking more original then previous versions with the colourmod. I know, this might be annoying, but with Anti Aliasing it will look much more like VCS. And the colourmod got something of a good quality different from ENB, which looks like an average of a VCS PC Edition. But if you like to stay as original as possible, then go without the colourmod as you know.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:11 PM Edited by Ash_735, 09 October 2012 - 09:40 PM.

QUOTE (futureAllrounder @ Tuesday, Oct 9 2012, 19:24)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Tuesday, Oct 9 2012, 18:34)

It is indeed looking more original then previous versions with the colourmod. I know, this might be annoying, but with Anti Aliasing it will look much more like VCS. And the colourmod got something of a good quality different from ENB, which looks like an average of a VCS PC Edition. But if you like to stay as original as possible, then go without the colourmod as you know.

AA is already on the game, San Andreas had that, I just don't have it turned on for test builds, I confirmed ages ago before Beta 2 was released that the mod actually works with Nvidia's FXAA to and posted some shot of that. smile.gif

edit: And as proof (click for fullsize)

Default No AA
user posted image

FXAA
user posted image

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

Guys I think I figured out why the intro's don't work. I noticed the intro's only displayed on the game's default resolution. I think, and I'm not certain. So there may be a way to get around this, like having a script have the game at that resolution but after intro vids, it goes to the monitor resolution. The issue could also be caused by the resolution of the video.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

There is no reason why the videos don't display, it seems to be different for everyone, hell knows what Rockstar did when they made the player for San Andreas but it's certainly messed up. There was talks about switching it out completely and instead using the BINK codec (which most games use anyway) and I even did converts of the movies in the .bik format (and yes they do look better quality wise) but Silent decided against it as there's no "legal" way to incorporate it and a bink kit and licence isn't cheap. tounge.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:06 AM Edited by nkjellman, 10 October 2012 - 02:10 AM.

Well, on my old PC I had working intros for SA and that was back when it was a piece of sh*t so I couldn't run SA at full res. (This was a long time ago.) But I have the no intro issue with GTA III too. GTA VC is the only one where the intro works.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Oct 10 2012, 02:06)
Well, on my old PC I had working intros for SA and that was back when it was a piece of sh*t so I couldn't run SA at full res. (This was a long time ago.) But I have the no intro issue with GTA III too. GTA VC is the only one where the intro works.

And yet I have working SA Intros when I have AA turned off and with a setting activated on Compatibility Mode, yet that doesn't work for everyone either.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:38 AM Edited by nkjellman, 10 October 2012 - 02:54 AM.

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Oct 10 2012, 02:11)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Oct 10 2012, 02:06)

And yet I have working SA Intros when I have AA turned off and with a setting activated on Compatibility Mode, yet that doesn't work for everyone either.

Do you have intro issues on GTA III?

Edit: I have just made a discovery. My SA intro's always work, when I minimize the game during, or before the intros. Same thing with III. Minimizing makes them appear.

As SA has a delay due to intro screens you might be able to get a script that minimizes the game and brings it back up.

However, a kid at my school was playing GTA SA off of a flash drive in the computer lab. I noticed those PC's don't have the intro bug.

Edit: NVM its no AA. I tested no AA and it worked. The PC's at my school are sh*t so AA = Lag. I'm sure the person has AA off.
So AA is the issue. The no intro screen bug occured in III because I had AA from ENB Series.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

And what about the people who have AA turned off and still can't see the videos? tounge.gif We had this discussion a while back, there's just too many variables to pin point what works for some and what works for others, ergo, easier to just accept the San Andreas Movie Player sucks. tounge.gif

And nope, no problems with GTA3 for me.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Oct 10 2012, 03:13)
And what about the people who have AA turned off and still can't see the videos? tounge.gif We had this discussion a while back, there's just too many variables to pin point what works for some and what works for others, ergo, easier to just accept the San Andreas Movie Player sucks. tounge.gif

And nope, no problems with GTA3 for me.

It appears I only have issues with SA when AA is on. GTA III was having issues because I had ENB Series AA. I'm sure VC would do the same.

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Luten @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 20:45)
QUOTE (Johnny_Cash1983 @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 20:50)
Are interiors destroy able?

You mean objects like cash registers, freezer, tv, stereo etc. ?

These objects are destroyable like in original VCS smile.gif

Very good i didn't now it was possible.
You guys are professional colgate.gif

GTASAGAMER4LIFE
  • GTASAGAMER4LIFE

Basic Cleo Maker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

do you think to do all missions or only half story?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

Can't comment, with no Silent, no missions.

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Oct 10 2012, 23:03)
Can't comment, with no Silent, no missions.

And no working interiors/characters = no missions as well

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

So, only one has the knowledge on which depends the rest? I guess there has been some sharing, you really can't try anything without him temporarily?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

Oh we're fine on that front, even though it only appears to be Luten working on the Mod right now, the tools to convert the interiors are there, as he's been showing off by getting the stores done. Same with character models, Luten can convert them, he's just been busy with the map instead recently, it's at times like this we need more modelers to get that stuff done faster, the team's dropped from 5 to currently 2 active and I can't model for sh*t! tounge.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection
  • None
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Projects like these always slow down as school gets back in session. I'm sure things will pick up as people get more free time. Also a lot of the work is very tedious and it can get boring after a while. Sometimes an extended break is required. Look at the LC mod, that's been going on since 2003 and there's still progress now (when I find my motivation).

Be patient, or if you can't wait for other people to do things on their own time, then by all means feel free to attempt to do it yourself.

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Thursday, Oct 11 2012, 14:10)
Oh we're fine on that front, even though it only appears to be Luten working on the Mod right now, the tools to convert the interiors are there, as he's been showing off by getting the stores done. Same with character models, Luten can convert them, he's just been busy with the map instead recently, it's at times like this we need more modelers to get that stuff done faster, the team's dropped from 5 to currently 2 active and I can't model for sh*t! tounge.gif

Modding's never been easy, only ppl with knowledge can do dozingoff.gif

I really wish there could be some simple converting stuffs so I can help out (Bcoz I stay at home 24/7), but since there are not, I can just sit there rooting for you guys dozingoff.gif

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Personnally I'm interested in this mod because there's no join/leave all the time, the job is done and very well done;

I'm not enough "fan" of GTAs to learn the basics etc of modding, I'm just here to monitor, give feedback and beta test tounge.gif

I've already myself troubles to finish my mapping projects for an other game, with the college etc etc... I was just asking if the fact of the Silent's absence was blocking the whole process.

Anyway, what kind of modelling? Is there specific stuff to have for using with Blender?

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Mateos @ Thursday, Oct 11 2012, 19:46)
Personnally I'm interested in this mod because there's no join/leave all the time

Like RAGE mods, yes ...
I agree with you.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Thursday, Oct 11 2012, 19:47)
Personnally I'm interested in this mod because there's no join/leave all the time

Like RAGE mods, yes ...
I agree with you.

Depends which mods, VCHD only has people that joined, no one left so far. smile.gif Only when the mod was still on original Vc, people left.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

New LODs for Diaz's mansion:
user posted image

Luten
  • Luten

VCS PC Edition leader

• Feroci
  • None
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Best Map 2012 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

I added missing objects for airport.

Neons smile.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Cemetpuu
  • Cemetpuu

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

Nice wow.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Thursday, Oct 11 2012, 19:19)
QUOTE (Garju67 @ Thursday, Oct 11 2012, 19:47)

Like RAGE mods, yes ...
I agree with you.

Depends which mods, VCHD only has people that joined, no one left so far. smile.gif Only when the mod was still on original Vc, people left.

Except me. I was supposed to do EFLC, but because I didn't have time, one of you guys did it instead so I had nothing to do. I can't really model. I haven't experimented with it. However I may be able to join as a modeler later because I'm going to be working on a game for the Cry Engine with my friends, and I should develop modeling experience from that.

Anyways nice work Luten.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

AWESUM!

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:07 AM Edited by Claude Liberty, 12 October 2012 - 04:09 AM.

Man, that's GREAT! Are LODs reconverted or remade because they don't match full models? Same about neons.
EDIT. I guess LODs are from original because Diaz's mansion LOD always had wrong central column.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users