Photo

Question about the Characters:

8 replies to this topic
Nova69_7
  • Nova69_7

WEDNESDAY TIL I DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

I know that Wikipedia isn't exactly Gospel...it is user created so anything on there might not be true. On it however, I was recently looking on there at the character list on 'Ballad of Gay Tony' and two names jumped out at me. They were:
- Armando Torres and
- Henrique Bardas

Now, the question I have is this: are these two characters the respective brothers of both Elizabeta Torres & Mallorie Bardas? On Wikipedia it doesn't say that they are...and I can't find anything on here to state that they are/aren't either. I know that Elizabeta & Mallorie seem to be quite close and familiar with each other as they are dancing and laughing together during the cut-scene where there is a party at Elizabeta's house on GTA4...is it possible that their brothers are close as well? I haven't played 'Ballad' myself as yet so I have no idea about this.

Please message back people and tell me what you think...

(BTW I have just noticed this is my 250th post...woop!)

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:07 PM

They do share the same last name as Mallorie and Elizabeta, but they don't seem to have any connection, judging by the TBOGT storyline. R* came up with the characters of Armando and Henrique late in the developing process and I think they didn't have time to come up with any original names. The Gomez brothers from the LCPD database were supposed to have similar roles as Armando and Henrique, but R* dropped the plans on that for some reason.

Nova69_7
  • Nova69_7

WEDNESDAY TIL I DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Rucke @ Feb 2 2010, 20:07)
They do share the same last name as Mallorie and Elizabeta, but they don't seem to have any connection, judging by the TBOGT storyline. R* came up with the characters of Armando and Henrique late in the developing process and I think they didn't have time to come up with any original names. The Gomez brothers from the LCPD database were supposed to have similar roles as Armando and Henrique, but R* dropped the plans on that for some reason.

Hmmm.....OK thanx for that Rucke, appreciate it. It wasn't vital that I find out...was just rather curious is all.

With what you say about the Gomez brothers, I wonder if their cutting from the game had anything to do with the fact that RockStar introduced the 'Mendez' brothers back in Vice City Stories and thought: well we've pretty much done this already.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Nova69_7 @ Feb 2 2010, 22:54)
With what you say about the Gomez brothers, I wonder if their cutting from the game had anything to do with the fact that RockStar introduced the 'Mendez' brothers back in Vice City Stories and thought: well we've pretty much done this already.

Can be, can also be that they wanted to focus more on Luis and Gay Tony relationship rather than Luis' relationship with his old homies.

Nova69_7
  • Nova69_7

WEDNESDAY TIL I DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:41 PM

Spot on, I agree.

Then again, I am of the belief that GTA4, The Lost & Damed and The Ballad of Gay Tony were all written at the same time before any of them were released. This would allow them to clean up any plot holes and tighten the storyline before they gave it to us. If that is the case then I'm unsure as to wether they would then re-write any of the games after they started releasing them. As 'Ballad' was last one out I suppose they could just re-write smaller details of it before release and make sure it didn't contradict anything in the other two...but then again, for what reason would they do that? If they do in fact turn out to be Elizabeta & Mallorie's brothers...then I would consider that a neat (albeit, slightly unnecessary) tie-in to the rest of the game.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (Nova69_7 @ Feb 2 2010, 22:41)
Spot on, I agree.

Then again, I am of the belief that GTA4, The Lost & Damed and The Ballad of Gay Tony were all written at the same time before any of them were released. This would allow them to clean up any plot holes and tighten the storyline before they gave it to us. If that is the case then I'm unsure as to wether they would then re-write any of the games after they started releasing them. As 'Ballad' was last one out I suppose they could just re-write smaller details of it before release and make sure it didn't contradict anything in the other two...but then again, for what reason would they do that? If they do in fact turn out to be Elizabeta & Mallorie's brothers...then I would consider that a neat (albeit, slightly unnecessary) tie-in to the rest of the game.

They cant be siblings.

Mallorie and Elizabetha grew up in Bohan anh Henrique and Armando grew up in northwood.

ckasper502
  • ckasper502

Ghost

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Feb 3 2010, 06:55)
QUOTE (Nova69_7 @ Feb 2 2010, 22:41)
Spot on, I agree.

They cant be siblings.

Mallorie and Elizabetha grew up in Bohan anh Henrique and Armando grew up in northwood.

so your saying your not allowed to have an aunt, uncle, neice, nephew and/or cousin live somewhere other then in the same area as you ( thats just DUMB )

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:23 PM

Of course but if you actually red Novas post you would know that he said that they may be siblings.

Buttom line we dont know if they are related in any way, and we will probably never know.

Nova69_7
  • Nova69_7

WEDNESDAY TIL I DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Feb 3 2010, 16:23)
Of course but if you actually red Novas post you would know that he said that they may be siblings.

Yes, you're right I did say brothers...I should have said 'related' instead shouldn't I?

I guess I just hoped that if they were in fact not brothers but related some other way then someone would point it out to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users