343 replies to this topic
LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:02 AM

mhuda, just get the f*ck out.

Anyways, a question about the PC version:

Is EFLC going to install as a different game (than GTA IV), or is it going to merge the games together (Like the DLC on the Xbox)? I know this may sound like a stupid question, but if you think about, who wants to install two 16 GB GTA IV's?

And if I get the DLC version, will I have to upgrade to the latest patch to be able to install them?

I know nobody knows the answer, but I do know that there are some PC users that know more about PC DLC than me (mortanhuman for example wink.gif ), and could give me their best guess.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:34 AM

If I buy the disc instead of downloading the games from Xbox Live, does that mean I will only be able to hear the few new radio stations during the gameplay? That might get repetitive...

mortalhuman
  • mortalhuman

CUSTOM MEMBER TITLE

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:08 AM

I can't say there won't be a PC disc or "fullversion" download, however title update 5 was specifically for the DLC. That's why they made every EXE the same, so that it's one file for the whole world and not many files served to different nations and regions etc. So, for sure, it's DLC, unsure whether it will have a stand alone version (highly doubt it - they would rather sell more copies of IV THEN sell those DLC to players rather than give PC players who didn't buy IV the game...)

N-DaNGeR
  • N-DaNGeR

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:23 AM

Woooooooooohooooooooooo now at last i can use the Parachute !!!! yaaaaay tounge.gif

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:36 AM Edited by Hydro_PT, 04 February 2010 - 10:41 AM.

QUOTE (LCstuntman @ Feb 4 2010, 02:02)
Anyways, a question about the PC version:

Is EFLC going to install as a different game (than GTA IV), or is it going to merge the games together (Like the DLC on the Xbox)? I know this may sound like a stupid question, but if you think about, who wants to install two 16 GB GTA IV's?

And if I get the DLC version, will I have to upgrade to the latest patch to be able to install them?

Good question. I think it works like this, but of course I'm not sure. I guess it will be the same as in the Xbox 360.

If you download each episode separately, you must have GTA IV already installed, since TLAD and TBOGT will only have the new files (scripts, cars, weapons, etc.) and will need to use the "core files" of GTA IV. This is done so you don't have to download 14GB of data for each episode, just 2GB or something.

QUOTE (Take Two press release)
The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony – Available March 30, 2010 globally (Individual episodes for digital download) Requires a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV.

If you buy this as the entire pack (aka EFLC), then you won't need to have GTA IV installed, since the disk will contain all necessary files.

QUOTE (Take Two press release)
Episodes from Liberty City – Available March 30, 2010 globally (The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony together on one disc) Does not require a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV.

It's like Episode One for Half-Life 2. To play the first Episode, you need to have the original game, but to play Episode Two you don't need the original game, since the second Episode already has all the necessary core files to run alone. The same for GTA IV.

DLC = The Lost and Damned (one download) and The Ballad of Gay Tony (another download)
Episodes From Liberty City = retail version only, one disc brings both games.

EDIT: Oh and if you get the DLC, I'm pretty sure you will need to update GTA IV accordingly. The latest patch seems to do precisely that.

PS: I'm going to get the retail version. I prefer to have a disc than to have a bunch of files in my computer. It feels better hehe. And I don't trust Games for Windows LIVE when it comes to download games from there. I tried to download Tinker, a free game, and gave me lots of problems, couldn't download at all, I had some weird error and couldn't fix it (there was scarce info about that error). Imagine now if that was a paid game... my money would be lost. ph34r.gif

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (mhuda @ Feb 4 2010, 10:47)
This is fantastic news. And, these two episodes from the Grand Theft Auto IV saga should have been added to the PlayStation 3 to begin with. The XBOX 360 does/did not deserve the GTA4 sequels, GTA4 itself, or ANY of the Grand Theft Auto games (and that ESPECIALLY includes GTA Chinatown Wars, if and/or when this game is ported to PS3 and possibly Nintendo Wii)

RockStar Games made a horrible mistake releasing these GTA4 sequels on the XBOX 360, which is a motherf*cking piece of sh*t console, the worst gaming console ever manufactured in the goddamn history of mankind, a gaming console that sucks more dick than Megan Fox, and a console that I wish I had in front of me right now so I could smash it with my baseball bat. And don't get me started on the f*cking Red Ring Of Death, which Microsh*t still has not fixed five years after it released this pathetic console to the masses.

LONG LIVE PLAYSTATION 3 AND f*ck THE XBOX 360.

Again, this is fantastic news. I'll go to Amazon.com and preorder this game right now so I could play it on my PlayStation 3 tomorrow morning.

You have some surpressed issues my friend. If you let a console get to you like this maybe you should go get some therapy, and do all of us a favour. sarcasm.gif

mortalhuman
  • mortalhuman

CUSTOM MEMBER TITLE

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

Yea, really. He must not understand just how much better GTA is because it included the xbox from go lol.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

On polish site with pre-order of EFLC I found this:
Format: 1xDVD

This mean, game will be on one DVD disc. So weight of EFLC on disk will be to 8.5GB.

angus695
  • angus695

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (mhuda @ Feb 3 2010, 23:47)
This is fantastic news. And, these two episodes from the Grand Theft Auto IV saga should have been added to the PlayStation 3 to begin with. The XBOX 360 does/did not deserve the GTA4 sequels, GTA4 itself, or ANY of the Grand Theft Auto games (and that ESPECIALLY includes GTA Chinatown Wars, if and/or when this game is ported to PS3 and possibly Nintendo Wii)

RockStar Games made a horrible mistake releasing these GTA4 sequels on the XBOX 360, which is a motherf*cking piece of sh*t console, the worst gaming console ever manufactured in the goddamn history of mankind, a gaming console that sucks more dick than Megan Fox, and a console that I wish I had in front of me right now so I could smash it with my baseball bat. And don't get me started on the f*cking Red Ring Of Death, which Microsh*t still has not fixed five years after it released this pathetic console to the masses.

Again, this is fantastic news. I'll go to Amazon.com and preorder this game right now so I could play it on my PlayStation 3 tomorrow morning.

Haha, have fun watching GTA die as all the support it gets from 360 owners goes down the drain tounge.gif

Leon_S
  • Leon_S

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Jan 29 2010, 05:25)
Now I'll have that on both consoles. If I knew it would be coming to Ps3 I would never have bought a 360. Bloody Rockstar kept saying it won't come to PS3

I would feel the same way as you right now because I also bought a 360 just to play the GTA 4 DLC but ever since I finished the games I discovered some other Xbox 360-only games that I quickly fell in love with :D so now I don't regret buying the 360 at all. :P At least now i've completed my collection of the 3 game consoles...

TheIncredibleMrGQ
  • TheIncredibleMrGQ

Keepin' it 'G' ain't nothin'...

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (angus695 @ Feb 5 2010, 14:19)
QUOTE (mhuda @ Feb 3 2010, 23:47)
This is fantastic news.  And, these two episodes from the Grand Theft Auto IV saga should have been added to the PlayStation 3 to begin with.  The XBOX 360 does/did not deserve the GTA4 sequels, GTA4 itself, or ANY of the Grand Theft Auto games (and that ESPECIALLY includes GTA Chinatown Wars, if and/or when this game is ported to PS3 and possibly Nintendo Wii)

RockStar Games made a horrible mistake releasing these GTA4 sequels on the XBOX 360, which is a motherf*cking piece of sh*t console, the worst gaming console ever manufactured in the goddamn history of mankind, a gaming console that sucks more dick than Megan Fox, and a console that I wish I had in front of me right now so I could smash it with my baseball bat.  And don't get me started on the f*cking Red Ring Of Death, which Microsh*t still has not fixed five years after it released this pathetic console to the masses.

Again, this is fantastic news.  I'll go to Amazon.com and preorder this game right now so I could play it on my PlayStation 3 tomorrow morning.

Haha, have fun watching GTA die as all the support it gets from 360 owners goes down the drain tounge.gif

Funny, GTA has been doing fine since before it came to XBox monocle.gif

CubA_iLL_BrothA
  • CubA_iLL_BrothA

666سنة

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:35 AM

wonder if they will show a commercial on the Super Bowl tomorrow

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:06 AM

Wonder if R* is willing to spends Millions just for that day? Especially for DLC that has been out for nearly a year.

CubA_iLL_BrothA
  • CubA_iLL_BrothA

666سنة

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:29 AM

kind of just meant for any R* game besides gta...

user posted image

jesusramirez
  • jesusramirez

GTA IV PC

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:41 AM

EFLC , TLAD and TBOGT web sites are updated by rahkstar2.gif They put the info about 30 march and at the bottom its nice to see GFWL and PS3 logos biggrin.gif
Also GFWL web site announced the DLCs and the retail version of EFLC...

Stalkertr
  • Stalkertr

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:53 PM

yep my 'country brother' ( biggrin.gif ) , We all already knew that it will come to PC and PS 3 , so lets wait and enjoy the game

this is the greatest new in the game world , i have ever heard

Johnny-Tightlips
  • Johnny-Tightlips

Kick ass

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:44 AM

I'll be getting it on Ps3 as soon as possible!

jesusramirez
  • jesusramirez

GTA IV PC

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:58 AM Edited by jesusramirez, 07 February 2010 - 10:09 AM.

QUOTE (Stalkertr @ Feb 6 2010, 23:53)
We all already knew that it will come to PC and PS 3

I knew it "brother" but the web sites updated with the logos at 5th february:D....The official announcement was at 29th January... TLAD and TBOGT web sites GFWL and PS3 logos updated at 5th February ;D

Aussiedesperado
  • Aussiedesperado

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:07 AM

does anyone know if you can enter the Fight Club in FM or Part Mode online??

Xtreme_2010
  • Xtreme_2010

GTAf since '07

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:14 AM

:@ - Why do I always find myself posting AFTER AUSSIE!?! lmao.

Yes you can enter it, as far as I know you can enter anywhere available in Story Mode. So while we're on the subject I shotty owning it for RP.

EDIT: From now on, I am taking the Anti-Aussie Posting Patches.

Aussiedesperado
  • Aussiedesperado

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (Xtreme_2010 @ Feb 7 2010, 10:14)
:@ - Why do I always find myself posting AFTER AUSSIE!?! lmao.

Yes you can enter it, as far as I know you can enter anywhere available in Story Mode. So while we're on the subject I shotty owning it for RP.

hahaha mabey cozz we are both awesum aussies biggrin.gif

And cheers for that. I expect that me and you might be opening some kind of business down there for the role play Extreme? haha wink.gif

Xtreme_2010
  • Xtreme_2010

GTAf since '07

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:22 AM Edited by Xtreme_2010, 07 February 2010 - 10:24 AM.

QUOTE (Aussiedesperado @ Feb 7 2010, 10:16)
So while we're on the subject I shotty owning it for RP.

'Owning' - That means I own it, by myyyself. So go f**k yourself with a machete!

Nah man, just kidding biggrin.gif . I'm open for co-owning it.

Also to keep it on topic - I'm happy as to have it on PS3 & PC it will be beyond awesome.

Aussiedesperado
  • Aussiedesperado

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Xtreme_2010 @ Feb 7 2010, 10:22)
QUOTE (Aussiedesperado @ Feb 7 2010, 10:16)
So while we're on the subject I shotty owning it for RP.

'Owning' - That means I own it, by myyyself. So go f**k yourself with a machete!

Nah man, just kidding biggrin.gif . I'm open for co-owning it.

HAHAHA Damn you! Yehh im up for that. Just remember. I got all the contacts...

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:12 AM

I'm looking forward to EFLC, but I'm concerned about pricing; I'd like a retail disc (PC), but since I already HAVE the original game, I'd hate to buy it again, just to get the expansions. On R*'s EFLC page it says:

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City includes both The Lost and Damned, and The Ballad of Gay Tony together on disc and does not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV to play.

So what gives here? Any ideas? Amazon shows $29.99 US, but no details if it's just the expansions or the whole she-bang... notify.gif

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (ceedj @ Feb 10 2010, 20:12)
I'm looking forward to EFLC, but I'm concerned about pricing; I'd like a retail disc (PC), but since I already HAVE the original game, I'd hate to buy it again, just to get the expansions. On R*'s EFLC page it says:

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City includes both The Lost and Damned, and The Ballad of Gay Tony together on disc and does not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV to play.

So what gives here? Any ideas? Amazon shows $29.99 US, but no details if it's just the expansions or the whole she-bang... notify.gif

It's just the expansions - Niko's story isn't included.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (LCstuntman @ Feb 11 2010, 00:18)

Excellent, thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. smile.gif

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (ceedj @ Feb 10 2010, 20:21)
QUOTE (LCstuntman @ Feb 11 2010, 00:18)

Excellent, thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. smile.gif

No problem colgate.gif

Fedor Emelianenko
  • Fedor Emelianenko

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:45 PM

I hope the ps3 version of EFLC has an auto-aim disallow search filter option like the 360 version, because it gets old fast searching for a good freemode server with auto-aim disabled on ps3 version of gta iv.

crackdawg
  • crackdawg

supreme ruler

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:26 PM

x360 is losing the one thing that made people forget it was a buggy and comparatively slow POS. Oh yeah backup ISO too

Restelo94
  • Restelo94

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:59 AM

I'm still very excited even though there's more than a month to go. Who else is till rejoicing?

Oh, and why did mortalhuman get banned? (I'm asking here 'cause it WAS his topic)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users