It's here mother mothers!

343 replies to this topic
Mr.Anonymous
  • Mr.Anonymous

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Feb 1 2010, 09:59)
Do you really think they're going to re-port everything?

One can dream. sigh.gif

On serious note, those shadow bugs - they aren't bugs. It is how Rockstar made them. There isn't, unfortunately, really much what you can do about them. And about those LOD glitches (and hopefully by glitches you mean glitches like how the LOD model of a 3D object appears in front of you instead of the actual model of it and not miles away from you how it is supposed to do)- well, as far as I'm aware about this, they are caused by poor hardware and/or improperly use of the graphic settings and/or command lines in the commandline.txt file located in your Grand theft Auto: IV root folder.

However, I must admit that those LOD glitches also occur in my game sometimes after playing for several hours, mostly in multiplayer. Nothing serious though.

liam-aka-spidie
  • liam-aka-spidie

TeC , Knows How To Party, In The City Of LC.

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

I wonder if theyll be bothered to sort the whole connection issues out this time, If not its gunna drive me insane suicidal.gif

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:41 PM Edited by aragond, 01 February 2010 - 02:46 PM.

user posted image

This is SO win!

QUOTE (neo92boi @ Feb 1 2010, 15:51)
Could be arguable to say that this incident has caused such an uprising in activity on these forums that it may be compared to the pre launch of GTA IV itself? Or NO?

Oh good, some fresh reasons to post / posts on BUYG IV!

gtafan6453
  • gtafan6453

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

I am going to buy this for sure, going to have to crack open my piggy bank colgate.gif i have been wanting this game for the ps3 ever since it came out on the 360, i was starting to lose hope for a ps3 version

the hubster
  • the hubster

Sup Homies

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

CharmingCharlie this post is for you.

I have some of your posts on this forum in the past, and it was my understanding that you where a GTA fan not because of Rockstar's buisness decisions, but because at the end of the day, GTA games are great fun.

You have to understand that it is not the people making the games who make decisions over things like platform exclusivity, it is others in the company, those on the board of directors of both R* and Take Two who are involved in the money side of things.
The same goes for the patches, once a title is released a company will often allocate very little resources to aftermarket efforts such as patches, we had to wait a long time between patches that fixed very little, but I'm sure this was not the fault of those who actually created the game. Its simple economics, patching a game isn't going to create any more revenue, so there is little point to invest in doing so.

I think its unfair to condemn a whole company based on the decisions of the board, those who actually put the work into creating the games and earn no more money than your average joe and put all the work in, that is the way the buisness world works.

Marcin6
  • Marcin6

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:42 PM

Nice , but please rockstar, no more ports from console to PC !!!!

Mr.Anonymous
  • Mr.Anonymous

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Marcin6 @ Feb 1 2010, 20:42)

Yeah... keep dreaming. dozingoff.gif

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Jan 29 2010, 22:34)
I'll make this brief and I won't say "told you so". However this news doesn't fill me with any joy, I think it is damn pathetic the way Rockstar has behaved these past few months. I personally don't care about the EFLC and no I won't be buying it or playing it, I refuse to give this chicken sh*t company any more of my money.

I see some PC users excited about this which staggers me, Rockstar have treated the PC community like absolute sh*t and now you are hyped about giving them more of your money for what will be another bug infested barely working nearly 2 year old expansion. I see PS3 owners excited about it even though Rockstar totally froze you guys out for nearly 2 years (exclusive contract or not).

Rockstar has treated PC and PS3 gamers like scum and they will continue to treat you like absolute scum because you are all going to reward them by buying the EFLC and giving them more money.

So as I said on the news wire, thanks but no thanks this is way too late and Rockstar can take their DLC and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. I shall now vanish again now and leave you guys to it.

Which of you mother-mothers broke my CharmingCharlie?

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (aragond @ Feb 1 2010, 14:41)
[center]user posted image

First off thanks for making me laugh my ass off aragond.

I just hope there aren't too many bugs for the PS3 version, I mean it's unlikely but on the chances there is I hope there small.

Pizza is good
  • Pizza is good

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (mortalhuman @ Jan 30 2010, 16:48)
They are being covertly hostile. There are A LOT of Xbox 360 players who spoke up and said it wasn't fair, it would be cool, everyone should be able to play, etc. But the ones who said we'd nevar play, they are trying to blend in with the ones who were level headed about it tounge2.gif

user posted image

LMAO biggrin.gif

Man, that GIF made my day! Thanks for the laugh!

But anyway, I hardly ever post on here but I just wanted to say: Enjoy the episodes PS3/PC owners. smile.gif

CubA_iLL_BrothA
  • CubA_iLL_BrothA

666سنة

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:35 AM Edited by CubA_iLL_BrothA, 02 February 2010 - 02:41 AM.

this my jam now, since i heard about the news

and that video is some funny sh*t @mortalhuman lol.gif
user posted image

think you can make one with the warriors movie

foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (mortalhuman @ Jan 31 2010, 17:07)
You deserve better

Well, that's sorta Charlie's stance if we think about it - and he does deserve better, and he feels you deserve better. He feels the PC deserves better.

What I meant by "he deserves better" is that he doesn't deserve to get so upset by a video game or an internet forum. No one does. Video games should be a fun pass-time...nothing more.

When people get passionate, sometimes it's really showing just how much they do care. Charlie might have had it "up to here" with Rockstar and might be better off without the hassle on his mind,

My point exactly.

but I have to admit he was vigilant for the PC release before during and after the big bang on release day, before it was announced, and the same for the episodes. He was caring about fairness and also didn't abuse his position as a moderator in the face of a lot of crap and usually kept it to the words and only locked things that were nuts.

None of us can take away that he knew right along with us. wink.gif

I agree. It's a shame that all this seems to have upset him so much.

mva5580
  • mva5580

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Marcin6 @ Feb 1 2010, 20:42)

Every other GTA was totally fine before IV. Sure they had little things here and there, but they all WORKED without the need for 5 patches.

I hope they keep coming out on PC, because they are so, so much better. It just sucks that IV had so many initial issues.

mva5580
  • mva5580

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Anonymous @ Feb 1 2010, 10:23)

One can dream. sigh.gif

On serious note, those shadow bugs - they aren't bugs. It is how Rockstar made them. There isn't, unfortunately, really much what you can do about them. And about those LOD glitches (and hopefully by glitches you mean glitches like how the LOD model of a 3D object appears in front of you instead of the actual model of it and not miles away from you how it is supposed to do)- well, as far as I'm aware about this, they are caused by poor hardware and/or improperly use of the graphic settings and/or command lines in the commandline.txt file located in your Grand theft Auto: IV root folder.

However, I must admit that those LOD glitches also occur in my game sometimes after playing for several hours, mostly in multiplayer. Nothing serious though.

I don't know about the whole "bug" thing in regards to shadows, because they certainly seem to screw up my game. I get cut scenes messing up, crashes, and textures going absolutely bonkers if I have shadow quality on any setting besides "Off." So there must be something to it. And my PC is plenty good enough to be able to run this game at any setting other than Off.

Mr.Anonymous
  • Mr.Anonymous

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (mva5580 @ Feb 2 2010, 16:54)

One can dream. sigh.gif

I don't know about the whole "bug" thing in regards to shadows, because they certainly seem to screw up my game. I get cut scenes messing up, crashes, and textures going absolutely bonkers if I have shadow quality on any setting besides "Off." So there must be something to it. And my PC is plenty good enough to be able to run this game at any setting other than Off.

Honestly, I don't believe that turning the shadows on could be the reason for all these problems. Maybe, you are using some kind of modifications that could cause them ?

Waynio
  • Waynio

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:45 PM

GTA IV bug ridden????
Sure it's not perfect, but it aint bug ridden, have any of you guys tried saints row 2 on pc now that is bursting from the seams with bugs and no support whatsoever from the devs and is my number 1 example of a bad console port, I think gta iv is an awesome port, I would say gta is heavily system bound when it comes to performance as I didn't get big improvement going from an 8800gtx to a 4870x2 to a gtx285 to a 5870 and on crysis the performance difference from gtx285 to the 5870 was massive which signified crysis was more gpu intensive so I can easily say gta iv will really benefit mostly from a cpu & memory some time in the future, shame but thats how it is, until then an ok quad core is best with at least 4gb system ram and a pretty good gpu, not low or mid range, something between mid & high like a gtx260 or 4890, but then again I'm thinking of if you are running in high def 1080p upwards. On day 1 of release I was able to play it but would get crashes to desktop with an error of ran out of video memory and it had this problem until patch 1.0.2.0.

R* have been awesome for continuing to make patches for pc in the face of most people slagging them off, many say newer patches ruined the game, I didn't get this problem, but since some have upgraded their pc's to quad cores and have an adequate amount of memory and reported back of how much of an improvement they got and cancelled their earlier comments admitting their pc was just not beefy enough.

And just because a pc can run crysis well which is all just eye candy with not all that much going on in the surroundings doesn't mean gta iv a well modelled thriving city with an exceptional amount of things going on & being calculated should run well, all that stuff going on strains a pc's resources big time and if rockstar "optimized" the game to how some want to play it, it may as well be using the same game engine as san andreas, this is a true next gen game for next gen hardware, I came from an e6600 dual cpu straight to the q6600 quad when they were new knowing it will see it's glory in next gen games, currently on a q9650 @ 4050mhz and handles all my games very well.

I've been able to complete the single player part of the game since patch 1.0.2.0 from start to finish with decent settings in 1 sitting without any hiccups, seems like at least of every 20 to 1 pc gamers just say it's badly coded etc until they upgrade their pc, the only thing about gta iv that is bug ridden is the multiplayer with people spawning crap into the game and cheating making the multiplayer pointless, actually the multiplayer is fine, it is the a$$ holes who continue to cheat and wreck the games ballance that is the main problem with gta iv, without them, many people would not have given up and still be playing multiplayer, and I know there are plenty still playing but I don't see the point when you know so many cheat or attempt to crash peoples pc's when they get owned by someone who can play the game.

Anyway, I'm quite happy eflc is coming and will buy it, but I'm not looking forward to any multiplay fun unless rockstar spend some earnings to get a good anti-cheat implemented, I know anti-cheats aren't air tight but they do a pretty good job of keeping most of it out and stumps the widespread cheating keeping games worth playing. And this eflc is going to need anti-cheat as there are some great new fun multiplayer modes and would be s**t not being able to enjoy them.

mva5580
  • mva5580

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Anonymous @ Feb 2 2010, 17:39)

One can dream. sigh.gif

Honestly, I don't believe that turning the shadows on could be the reason for all these problems. Maybe, you are using some kind of modifications that could cause them ?

I don't use any mods. It's the default installation with the latest patch. I have my video drivers updated, etc etc. I've been through the process. My PC is:

AMD 9950
4gb RAM
ATI 4870 1gb

Every single other game on my PC works perfect, never any issues. But mine always gave me the problems I stated above. All I can tell you is I lowered the texture quality to medium, and I turned Shadow Quality Off. And thus far, those problems are gone. Will they stay gone? Who knows. But they've usually come back by this point.

Mr.Anonymous
  • Mr.Anonymous

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:14 PM Edited by Mr.Anonymous, 02 February 2010 - 06:19 PM.

QUOTE (mva5580 @ Feb 2 2010, 18:01)
QUOTE (Mr.Anonymous @ Feb 2 2010, 17:39)

One can dream. sigh.gif

I don't use any mods. It's the default installation with the latest patch. I have my video drivers updated, etc etc. I've been through the process. My PC is:

AMD 9950
4gb RAM
ATI 4870 1gb

Every single other game on my PC works perfect, never any issues. But mine always gave me the problems I stated above. All I can tell you is I lowered the texture quality to medium, and I turned Shadow Quality Off. And thus far, those problems are gone. Will they stay gone? Who knows. But they've usually come back by this point.

Well, I really can't see the reason why turning the shadows on could be the cause of your problems experienced in your game but either way it's very strange, indeed. I mean, I don't even see any other reason causing these problems.

// Edit :-

Have you already tried using some command line parameters ?

mortalhuman
  • mortalhuman

CUSTOM MEMBER TITLE

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

Is the 4879 a x2 card?? If so, disable a GPU core and tell me how it goes :monicle:

mva5580
  • mva5580

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:44 PM

It's not an x2 4870.

And I've tried using some commandline parameters, yes. No go. I'll try a suggestion in that regard if you have one though.

mortalhuman
  • mortalhuman

CUSTOM MEMBER TITLE

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

Do you have a PC performance tips or troublshooting topic open? Try that out; maybe as simple as copy pasting - try to work some specs, at least GPU, into the title to maximize other users.

When I can come back to the screen, I'll take a look and see if I can wrap my head around the problem and suggest something new if possible.

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

Well I had nothing useful to do so I decided to see all trailers for The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony (EFCL). I wasn't very hyped before... OK, I was hyped, but not much, since we still have to wait almost 2 months for the game. But then I saw all trailers again and OMFG, I'm so hyped right now! I wish I haven't seen the trailers... now I can't wait to play the Episodes. confused.gif

Favourite quotes from the trailers:

"Drink what you gotta drink, kill who you gotta kill. But we gotta stick together."
"We are brothers for life, Lost forever!"
"That's a thing your leader will have to worry about, not you soldier!"

"Things went a bit crazy and somehow I lost my pants." biggrin.gif
"Get up! Get up so I can kill you myself! Get up!"

Tony - "Right who's the girl?"
Luis - "There wasn't a girl man."
Tony - "There's always a girl." *na na na na...*

Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif inlove.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

TGMOS
  • TGMOS

GTA IV Vehicle Expert

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:13 PM

Well I guess the PC and PS3 crowds are rejoicing. I knew it would come to the PC eventually, but I guess it's coming to the PS3 as well. Now there's no more reason for there to be fanboyism on this forum, at least, not until the next GTA installment.

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:31 PM

GAME.co.uk finally has EFLC in store. Here are the prices:

PC: 19.99 British Pounds (that's 22.87 Euro)
PS3: 29.99 British Pounds (that's 34.32 Euro)

The PC version is very cheap. biggrin.gif I just need to add a few more Euro because of shipping price. So the final price is about 26 Euro. Epic win! I can't wait to pre-order it. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

TheFoundAndBlessed
  • TheFoundAndBlessed

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Hydro_PT @ Feb 3 2010, 17:31)
GAME.co.uk finally has EFLC in store. Here are the prices:

PC: 19.99 British Pounds (that's 22.87 Euro)
PS3: 29.99 British Pounds (that's 34.32 Euro)

The PC version is very cheap. biggrin.gif I just need to add a few more Euro because of shipping price. So the final price is about 26 Euro. Epic win! I can't wait to pre-order it. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

PS3 only 34.32 (say 35.00)? That's a lot cheaper than I expected, I thought it was gonna cost around 60.00 biggrin.gif

mva5580
  • mva5580

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (mortalhuman @ Feb 2 2010, 18:53)
Do you have a PC performance tips or troublshooting topic open? Try that out; maybe as simple as copy pasting - try to work some specs, at least GPU, into the title to maximize other users.

When I can come back to the screen, I'll take a look and see if I can wrap my head around the problem and suggest something new if possible.

I made a topic in the troubleshooting forum a little while back, no help really.

And all I can really say at this point is that the game is working how I have it setup now, so I'm happy with it. So I'm not messing with it lol. I frankly don't care at all that there aren't any shadows, it personally doesn't bother me in the least bit. And while I'd obviously like to play on High textures just for the sake of doing it, 1) I don't think Medium really looks all that different anyway, and 2) I really like the fps boost I get on Medium. So I'll just stick with things how they are, and be happy that I FINALLY can play GTA IV without having to worry about the game crapping out on me in multiple ways.

mhuda
  • mhuda

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:47 PM Edited by mhuda, 03 February 2010 - 11:49 PM.

This is fantastic news. And, these two episodes from the Grand Theft Auto IV saga should have been added to the PlayStation 3 to begin with. The XBOX 360 does/did not deserve the GTA4 sequels, GTA4 itself, or ANY of the Grand Theft Auto games (and that ESPECIALLY includes GTA Chinatown Wars, if and/or when this game is ported to PS3 and possibly Nintendo Wii)

RockStar Games made a horrible mistake releasing these GTA4 sequels on the XBOX 360, which is a motherf*cking piece of sh*t console, the worst gaming console ever manufactured in the goddamn history of mankind, a gaming console that sucks more dick than Megan Fox, and a console that I wish I had in front of me right now so I could smash it with my baseball bat. And don't get me started on the f*cking Red Ring Of Death, which Microsh*t still has not fixed five years after it released this pathetic console to the masses.

LONG LIVE PLAYSTATION 3 AND f*ck THE XBOX 360.

Again, this is fantastic news. I'll go to Amazon.com and preorder this game right now so I could play it on my PlayStation 3 tomorrow morning.

claude_casey14
  • claude_casey14

King of San Fierro, Prince of Vice City

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:53 PM

woah someone has got major anger issues with the 360! mercie_blink.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (mhuda @ Feb 3 2010, 23:47)
RockStar Games made a horrible mistake releasing these GTA4 sequels on the XBOX 360, which is a motherf*cking piece of sh*t console, the worst gaming console ever manufactured in the goddamn history of mankind,

Trust me, there are plenty of worse consoles through the late 80s/early 90s that were more expensive yet had terrible games on them, I'd take the 360 over them anyday.

Oh sorry, your comment was just a fanboy rant, here's me thinking you actually wanted to discuss such things. wink.gif

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:02 AM Edited by ozzman1, 04 February 2010 - 12:05 AM.

QUOTE (mhuda @ Feb 3 2010, 18:47)
This is fantastic news.  And, these two episodes from the Grand Theft Auto IV saga should have been added to the PlayStation 3 to begin with.  The XBOX 360 does/did not deserve the GTA4 sequels, GTA4 itself, or ANY of the Grand Theft Auto games (and that ESPECIALLY includes GTA Chinatown Wars, if and/or when this game is ported to PS3 and possibly Nintendo Wii)

RockStar Games made a horrible mistake releasing these GTA4 sequels on the XBOX 360, which is a motherf*cking piece of sh*t console, the worst gaming console ever manufactured in the goddamn history of mankind, a gaming console that sucks more dick than Megan Fox, and a console that I wish I had in front of me right now so I could smash it with my baseball bat.  And don't get me started on the f*cking Red Ring Of Death, which Microsh*t still has not fixed five years after it released this pathetic console to the masses.

LONG LIVE PLAYSTATION 3 AND f*ck THE XBOX 360.

Again, this is fantastic news.  I'll go to Amazon.com and preorder this game right now so I could play it on my PlayStation 3 tomorrow morning.

Fanboy much?
That's like saying PS doesn't deserve GTA or ANY of the Grand Theft Auto games because PS1 was sh*t compared to PC at the time grand theft auto came out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users