» «
Photo

Viva New York Mod

233 replies to this topic
nobody007
  • nobody007

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:44 PM Edited by nobody007, 15 September 2011 - 11:49 PM.

The install really sucks and if you are a newbie and read the howto you have 3 manhat09 files with diferent endings and so you have to guess that it maybe could be the manhat09.img which is to be edited. Do you have to click on rebuild before saving, as i read somewhere???
Then i searched after the pc \ data \ models \ cdimages \ vehicles folder as it is writen in the howto. But it isn't in the data folder, its just pc\models\cdimages\vehicles.
I sat one hour in front of my pc editing and after that my gta crashes after loading. Wonderful!!! If click on "start game" in the main menu it loads but then it crashes and Windows gives me the message "programm isn't working anymore".
Respect for the work you had with this but for me so far its just f..cking frustrating.

This is my config so far:
- win 7 64bit
- fresh gta install with 1.0.4.0
- xliveless-0.999b7
- scripthookdotnet v1.7.1.7 BETA
- vannis trees 1.2
- DKT70 Road Textures

is something wrong with this??? I read something about a log. Where can i enable and view it?

oll
  • oll

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:05 PM Edited by oll, 18 September 2011 - 09:05 PM.

Hi Emble,

Your Mod is very beautiful. inlove.gif

I've just a little question:

how do you edit "wdr" texture files?

With OpenIV or SparkIV, i can import/export ".wtd" textures (to PNG format), but i can't import anything with ."wdr" files. confused.gif

I can export the ".wdr" textures to ".png" pictures. But the reverse: no!

What is your method please? biggrin.gif

(sry for my english, i'm french guy sigh.gif ).

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (oll)
I can export the ".wdr" textures to ".png" pictures. But the reverse: no!

You can edit textures in WDR by OpenIV, just follow that steps:
QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Wednesday, Jul 6 2011, 11:35)
QUOTE (Vanni83)
i need to know how add texture to a wdr file, because openIV can only view the file, and sperk Iv can only import 512 x 512 ...

So, if you want to replace textures in WDR file, you need lasted OpenIV.
follow this:
1 - Run OpenIV and open archive with WDR file what you want to edit.
2 - Select WDR file then RMC -> "Save content\export"
3 - Select destination folder and Ok.
Go to this folder and replace images. After you done all what you want with images, follow this:
4 - In OpenIV (make sure you are in Edit mode)
5 - Import ODR (You can use Create menu or RMC->Multiply import)
All done

oll
  • oll

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:12 PM

Ty very much GooD-NTS!

Your GTAIV programs are very essential!!! rahkstar2.gif

yjy581216
  • yjy581216

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

can you help me plz ? cryani.gif
i'm making another mod for cluckin bell.
so i convert 'cluckin_kitchstuff.wdr' to 'cluckin_kitchstuff.odr' + some textures +mesh,light
by using the OpenIV
then, i edit the textures for my mod.
(not the other files, only edit the textures)
and using the OpenIV, click the
New -> Import openformats -> Multiple Imports
and tried to convert 'cluckin_kitchstuff.odr' to 'cluckin_kitchstuff.wdr' again
but everytime i try this,
OpenIV (OpenFormats) shows the error :

Time: "21:40:42"
Type: "EConvertError"

Additional information:
Address: "0x0041F5DA"
Procedure: "SysUtils.ConvertErrorFmt"
Unit: "SysUtils", Line: "0"

i was edited another .wdr, but other .wdr files was no problem
only 'cluckin_kitchstuff.wdr' with this error
even i was edit the only textures
i tried to using other computer, but occured same error..
what should i do ? sad.gif
(sorry for my bad english tounge.gif )

smvem
  • smvem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

I installed Viva New York + Flashing Lights, but if I start EFLC and try to load a savegame, it loads forever. Is there a fix, or can I now reinstall the game?

JasperHQ
  • JasperHQ

Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (smvem @ Sunday, Oct 16 2011, 16:58)
I installed Viva New York + Flashing Lights, but if I start EFLC and try to load a savegame, it loads forever. Is there a fix, or can I now reinstall the game?

Urm idunno copy the Manhat09 from EFLC folder then install the game again then place Manhat09 in ELFC folders.... i dno really this forum is active once a year then dies down confused.gif

smvem
  • smvem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:03 PM Edited by smvem, 17 October 2011 - 06:10 PM.

QUOTE (JasperHQ @ Monday, Oct 17 2011, 17:54)
QUOTE (smvem @ Sunday, Oct 16 2011, 16:58)

Urm idunno copy the Manhat09 from EFLC folder then install the game again then place Manhat09 in ELFC folders.... i dno really this forum is active once a year then dies down confused.gif

I'd seems that Flashing Lights is causing the problem. I reinstalled the game and installed the normal Viva New York - Worked
I added Flashing lights - infinity Loading loop.

I've made backups and now I'll only replace the manhat09 File and sees if that works. I'll edit this post with updates.

€: Did that, and now I get "EFLC.exe stopped working". Aw man. I love this mod on the normal GTA IV..

smvem
  • smvem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

Anyone help please?

JasperHQ
  • JasperHQ

Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (smvem @ Monday, Oct 17 2011, 21:06)
Anyone help please?

Urm have you changed the American.gxt and others to the viva new york FL ones i had a similar problem but then i replaced them with the original.

smvem
  • smvem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:29 PM Edited by smvem, 17 October 2011 - 09:36 PM.

QUOTE (JasperHQ @ Monday, Oct 17 2011, 20:27)
QUOTE (smvem @ Monday, Oct 17 2011, 21:06)
Anyone help please?

Urm have you changed the American.gxt and others to the viva new york FL ones i had a similar problem but then i replaced them with the original.

I am using the original ones. And the infinte loading loop is caused by one of the Manhat folders. I just tried to only install manhat09 files and i got infinity loading freeze.

edit: I just left the TBoGT folder untouched and now it works in TBogT. *Happy* This mod is really, really , so awesome! Thank you so much for creating it!

GrandMaztahAce
  • GrandMaztahAce

our enemies hide in METHUL BAWKSES!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

are the vny and the vny:fl two separate mods where the latter replaces the former?? or are both complementaries and form one big mod together? sorry for asking but i wanna download this (finally real billboards by real existing companies!) but i dont know which mod to choose dontgetit.gif

JasperHQ
  • JasperHQ

Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (GrandMaztahAce @ Tuesday, Oct 18 2011, 23:04)
are the vny and the vny:fl two separate mods where the latter replaces the former?? or are both complementaries and form one big mod together? sorry for asking but i wanna download this (finally real billboards by real existing companies!) but i dont know which mod to choose dontgetit.gif

Viva new york was released in 2010 and Viva new york FL was a updated version released in 2011 Just install Viva new york FL .. it may cause font corruption so make sure you back up your Text folder then replace it after you install colgate.gif

mrali95
  • mrali95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

Oh wow, I've had my old version for a while I believe. Really need to get it up to date, thx biggrin.gif Never stop

stephanrou
  • stephanrou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

everytime i want to download this thing i get a runt time error and it cant be downloaded. what is that ?

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:28 AM

I've tried to install the Flashing Lights mod twice now, on two operating systems, with different systems and I get a no-start afterwards. Is there anyway you'll take this out of the .exe and make it manually isntallable? I want it, I don't mind a massive install, but I can't use it in it's current form.

Would be great. Even texture updates / model updates at the least would be astounding. The original Viva New York is just awesome. Thanks for you time!

-Packet

ZBNYNC
  • ZBNYNC

Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Monday, Jan 9 2012, 03:28)
I've tried to install the Flashing Lights mod twice now, on two operating systems, with different systems and I get a no-start afterwards. Is there anyway you'll take this out of the .exe and make it manually isntallable? I want it, I don't mind a massive install, but I can't use it in it's current form.

Would be great. Even texture updates / model updates at the least would be astounding. The original Viva New York is just awesome. Thanks for you time!

-Packet

I don't know if you this solution will work for you but it worked for me. When you go to run the program to install Flashing Lights, tell it to install to your desktop or a temporary folder, there you'll have all of the files and you can manually install it with SparkIV.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (ZBNYNC @ Monday, Jan 9 2012, 13:56)
QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Monday, Jan 9 2012, 03:28)

-Packet

I don't know if you this solution will work for you but it worked for me. When you go to run the program to install Flashing Lights, tell it to install to your desktop or a temporary folder, there you'll have all of the files and you can manually install it with SparkIV.

Thanks ZBNYNC colgate.gif

I was thinking of doing that, but me + installers just don't play nice together. Maybe I'll do that on my accounting machine to make sure the installer doesn't mess with anything in my registry wink.gif colgate.gif

alexcent50
  • alexcent50

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

Good Work!

spreilly
  • spreilly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

It crashes for me too. I have 1.0.7.0 and ran it as admin. It crashes on the loading screen.

biohazard001ful
  • biohazard001ful

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

can some body upload via torrent? devil.gif devil.gif it will takes 6 hour to download devil.gif
Btw, awesome mod! lol.gif cool.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

kor0ro.k3yz
  • kor0ro.k3yz

Bah! Bah! Black Sheep

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

are there any alternatives without replacing the whole manhat files? i already have ultimate textures, confused.gif

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:04 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 12 April 2012 - 06:09 PM.

QUOTE (kor0ro.k3yz @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 13:43)
are there any alternatives without replacing the whole manhat files? i already have ultimate textures, confused.gif

No. You have to open the .img files and copy and paste every new texture one by one. Good luck! There's no other way if you already have a modified IV archive file.

QUOTE (biohazard001ful @ Thursday, Mar 1 2012, 14:50)
can some body upload via torrent?  devil.gif   devil.gif it will takes 6 hour to download  devil.gif
Btw, awesome mod! lol.gif   cool.gif   icon14.gif   icon14.gif

Then wait six hours. Any Torrent stuff is not allowed here.

kor0ro.k3yz
  • kor0ro.k3yz

Bah! Bah! Black Sheep

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

its ok for me to do that but i don't know what files to copy inside the archive(.img) i want to install the flashing lights addon

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:29 AM Edited by NaidRaida, 14 April 2012 - 09:33 AM.

QUOTE (kor0ro.k3yz @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 15:38)
its ok for me to do that but i don't know what files to copy inside the archive(.img) i want to install the flashing lights addon

I don't know, to copy the textures is not the problem. You will also have to figure out what is what. That could be tricky, these files are not the smallest.
If you want to dismember this mod like that, I would ask the original author for permission as well if you can contact him.

kor0ro.k3yz
  • kor0ro.k3yz

Bah! Bah! Black Sheep

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

sign.. ill try to contact contact the author, hopes his not busy.

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:39 AM

Emble, the Flashing Lights mod is incredibly slow to download because of the speed restrictions on file sharing sites. Not to mention that a lot of the links are dead. I spent about 1 and a half hours downloading the Flashing Lights mod from Rapidshare, which has a 30KB/sec cap limit. I was wondering whether I could just put a Dropbox link to make everything faster for users, but I need your permission to do that.

mulder84
  • mulder84

Someone not dancing to Uncle Sam's tune?

• Members

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

NONE of the filesharing sites work! They either have the files deleted, or claim that I have "exceeded the download limit", even though it's the first time I'm on the site.

Can anyone upload it to mediafire, or somewhere more reliable? sad.gif

boss06
  • boss06

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:23 AM Edited by boss06, 17 June 2012 - 08:41 AM.

Hi, ive just installed a mod called Viva New York and Viva New York Flashing Lights. There is a problem where every single sentence or word in game is only the first letter. This includes main menu, tips in game, pause menu, in the taxi, etc. I would like to know what file it is that I can restore to fix this. Thanks!
http://tinypic.com/v...pic=2v9xcnn&s=6
http://tinypic.com/v...pic=2q07czc&s=6

patrickcrowely
  • patrickcrowely

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Great Mod, Thank you for a good link!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users