» «
Photo

GTAIV-mx : Custom Modes

53 replies to this topic
GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:06 PM Edited by GTArv, 31 May 2011 - 05:50 PM.

user posted image
Thanks to Narcis_speed6 for the banner

.:: Introduction ~

GTAIV-mx (where MX stands for "Multiplayer Extended") is a compilation of custom gamemodes. People have many brilliant ideas which most of the time are sadly not put into practice. Here we will be documenting these, to be used by fellow GTA gamers and enrich their on-line experience.
Got an idea for an online game that you'd like to share? Something you do just for fun or as a sport? Either way, post here! Kick back some life into the ageing GTA4. There are plenty of unique things in Grand Theft Auto IV, just waiting to be experienced. All we need are your ideas to bring new multiplayer gameplay to everyone's reach.

.:: Guidelines ~

Read before submitting your custom mode(s):
  1. By submitting your gamemodes in the topic, you are willing to let other members freely use it in any way they like.
  2. It must be your work. If you suspect someone of plagiarism, please PM me with sufficient proof.
  3. Your gamemode can have multiple authors. Just mention the usernames of your collaborators.
  4. Conversely, a single person can author several modes.
  5. Special attention will be given to gamemodes which are made for gangs and can help spice up the gang scene.
What to actually include in your entries:
  1. Your gamemode must be platform independent; your idea must be able to materialize be it on PS3, PC or X360. No mods.
  2. Give your mode a unique title for easy identification.
  3. You must mention the existing gamemode which you plan to customize (for example, a roleplay game in FM), along with all the settings.
  4. Good descriptions wherever required. You needn't type essays, be precise and make sure that you get the point across.
  5. Screenshots and videos are not a must, although definitely welcome.
  6. Please follow the template given below. Write the instructions however you like, but keep it readable and easy to understand.
  7. Not more than one entry in a post. If you have more than one custom modes to share, make multiple posts. This makes it easier to link back to the modes in the index.

.:: Index ~

NameAuthor(s)
LC Hitmanthedudeaz666
Various
- Bowling
- Crazy Taxi
- Joust and Team Joust
- Club Business
Big-_-t0ny
Liberty City DriftingCognitive_Profit
Mr. Tasty TakeoverNitty Don, Leray0409,
Kinko Kabuki Koshi KaPOW~!
Border PatrolThe AoD
The No-Blip GameTimmobile
Cat and MousePtikobj
Kill FrenzyGTArv
Most WantedA27Topgun
Tug WarsPMD3
Liberty City's FeverRobsEpicFret
Ram the Rabbitkneejerker
Heli vs Carnfspro777
Liberty City Prison BreakSlickSpencer8

.:: Template ~

CODE
[center][tableb]
[tr][td][center][size=10][FONT=Georgia]<Title>[/font][/size]
[i]<Caption>[/i][/center][/td][/tr][/tableb][/center]

[B]Game: [/B]
[B]Base Mode: [/B]

[B]Settings: [/B]

[B]Description: [/B]

[B]Screenshots/Videos: [/B]

.:: The template explained ~

Title
Subtitle/Caption (Optional)

Game: GTAIV/TLAD/TBOGT
Base Mode: Free Mode, DM, Party, TW, etc.

Settings:
The settings for the particular base gamemode. Scroll down for a list of settings, which you can copy-paste here.
No settings are available for the EFLC modes though, much appreciated if you can provide them.

Description:
How the game proceeds, objectives, strategies, and any other instructions.

Screenshots/Videos:
Optional, though very much welcome.

.:: Settings (Vanilla GTA4)~
Deathmatch/Mafiya Work/Free Mode Car Jack City
CODE
[*] No. of players :
[*] No. of private slots :
[*] Location :
[*] Duration :
[*] Auto Aim :
[*] Weapons :
[*] Pickups :
[*] Police :
[*] Join In Progress :
[*] Traffic :
[*] Pedestrians :
[*] Blips :
[*] Gamertag Display :
[*] Reticule Health :
[*] Voice Chat :
[*] Respawn distance :
[*] Respawn Time :
[*] Time of day :
[*] Weather :
CODE
[*] No. of players :
[*] Location :
[*] Duration :
[*] AI Level :
[*] Auto Aim :
[*] Weapons :
[*] Pickups :
[*] Police :
[*] Join In Progress :
[*] Traffic :
[*] Pedestrians :
[*] Blips :
[*] Gamertag Display :
[*] Reticule Health :
[*] Voice Chat :
[*] Respawn distance :
[*] Respawn Time :
[*] Time of day :
[*] Weather :
Race GTA Race
CODE
[*] No. of players :
[*] Race Class :
[*] Vehicle :
[*] Track :
[*] Laps :
[*] Vehicle Damage :
[*] Join in Progress :
[*] Traffic :
[*] Pedestrians :
[*] Gamertag Display :
[*] Voice Chat :
[*] Time of Day :
[*] Weather :
CODE
[*] No. of players :
[*] Race Class :
[*] Vehicle :
[*] Track :
[*] Laps :
[*] Vehicle Damage :
[*] Weapons :
[*] Pickups :
[*] Join in Progress :
[*] Traffic :
[*] Pedestrians :
[*] Gamertag Display :
[*] Voice Chat :
[*] Time of Day :
Team Deathmatch/Team Mafiya Work/Turf War Team Car Jack City
CODE
[*] No. of players :
[*] Location :
[*] Duration :
[*] Auto Aim :
[*] Friendly Fire :
[*] Weapons :
[*] Pickups :
[*] Police :
[*] Join In Progress :
[*] Traffic :
[*] Pedestrians :
[*] Blips :
[*] Gamertag Display :
[*] Reticule Health :
[*] Voice Chat :
[*] Respawn distance :
[*] Respawn Time :
[*] Time of day :
[*] Weather :
CODE
[*] No. of players :
[*] Location :
[*] Duration :
[*] AI Level :
[*] Auto Aim :
[*] Friendly Fire :
[*] Weapons :
[*] Pickups :
[*] Police :
[*] Join In Progress :
[*] Traffic :
[*] Pedestrians :
[*] Blips :
[*] Gamertag Display :
[*] Reticule Health :
[*] Voice Chat :
[*] Respawn distance :
[*] Respawn Time :
[*] Time of day :
[*] Weather :
Cops n Crooks Deal Breaker/Hangman's NOOSE/Bomb Da base II
CODE
[*] No. of players :
[*] Game Type :
[*] Friendly fire :
[*] Auto Aim :
[*] Weapons :
[*] Pickups :
[*] Join in Progress :
[*] Traffic :
[*] Pedestrians :
[*] Gamertag Display :
[*] Reticule Health :
[*] Voice Chat :
[*] Respawn Time :
[*] Time of Day :
[*] Weather :
CODE
[*] No. of players :
[*] Mission Difficulty :
[*] Friendly Fire :
[*] Auto Aim :
[*] Traffic :
[*] Pedestrians :
[*] Gamertag Display :
[*] Reticule Health :
[*] Voice Chat :
[*] Time of Day :
[*] Weather :

Big-_-t0ny
  • Big-_-t0ny

Twitch.tv/Big_t0ny

• Members

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:41 PM Edited by Big-_-t0ny, 05 February 2010 - 12:45 AM.

Ok i have a few WIPs, and a few for EFLC soon. inlove.gif

[IV, EFLC] So my first, a type of bowling game, is set in GTA Race. Vehicles will depend on amount of players, then the track will be the airport one, once the race begins one player goes to the end of the runway in their truck/car etc then other players ditch their rides and form a triangle bowling pin formation a fai distance from their end. The one player then runs up in their vehicle and tries to runover as many players as possible and gets two tries, or one if he gets a strike. wink.gif In GTA Race you spawn with a Faggio at hand so getting back to the runway will be easy, and to win you have to get the most kills. Once everyone has had their go(es) complete the race to end the game and see who won!

[IV, EFLC] A single player drives the crazy taxi, and is being chased by players in LCPD cruisers (they both have the same stats almost) the objective is for the taxi to get from Francis international to the Alderny state correctional and back, and the cops to ram the taxi 'till it stalls. No weapons allowed, FF off!

[TLAD] Joust and team Joust, a free mode game, for Joust the two players both gather some sawn-off shotgun ammo and head to each end of a long road or runway etc on a chopper of their choice (Freeway, Hellfury and Zombie) and when the host votes a gamemode, both players set off and when passing eachother try and shoot the opponent off of their bike with the shottie, best of three win. In team Joust, two teams AoD and Lost MC, same as before but with more players, AoD on Hellfurys, Lost MC on Zombies. Last man standing wins, best out of three!

[BOGT] Club buisness, a player in an APC leaves Massionette 9 towards the AoD club house to collect the passenger and then back to Johnny.K's house in Alderny to collect the package from upstairs and go around the corner to the LCFD and grab the Anhilator and diliver the package to the yacht by flying as high as possible then parachuting to the deck. Other players objectives are to destroy the APC, kill the driver and passenger by any means possible, and they may team up if needed.

The rules are when picking up the passenger attckers may not shoot at the APC
or passenger until driving again, also when players exit into Johnny's house until back in the APC and not to shoot when exiting the APC until the chopper has started to fly off, when other players can attempt to shoot down the chopper with a Buzzard's guns. The explosive sniper is allowed against the chopper, but the explosive shottie and sticky bombs are band.

More to come...

Cognitive_Profit
  • Cognitive_Profit

GTA:SA, GTA:VCS, GTA:LCS 100%, GTA VC 78%, GTA IV 62.5%

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:05 AM Edited by Cognitive_Profit, 25 January 2010 - 04:52 AM.

[PSN] Liberty City Drifting.
A free mode event.

I am at GMT + 8.

Ok, this is my idea of a multiplayer extension;

- We meet up around a pre-determined location close to the outlined track that will be drifted.

- Races will involve 2 people. There will be "judges" in the car at all times while racing. It is their job to make sure that the racers drift defined corners: Corners that appear to be 30 degrees or more. Other corners do not need to be drifted.

- If a judge decides that you have not drifted a corner it will be noted. If you fail to drift 3 corners in a race, you are disqualified and the other driver wins by default. Drifting is seen as sliding the back half of your car further out than the front half.

- Ranking will be determined by a tournament-style meet; but with slight modifications. In the warmup round, no points are given bar participation. It is an oppotunity to learn the track, to get a feel of the car you chose and to find the best racing lines and tactics.

- For participating you get 1 point, for getting to the second round you get 2, for getting to the semis you get 4, finals give 5 and the overall winner of the event gets 7.

- Contestants get a maximum of 10 minutes to select a suitable vehicle. Hatchbacks, Trucks, Motorcycles and some SUVs do not drift.

- The winner is determined by the first person across the finish line, which will be shown as two parked cars facing each other across the road.

- Melee weapons only
AA off.
Griefers will be kicked.
Low Traffic - For car spawns
Police off
Morning and Overcast
Yes, voice chat, but there will be a text chat running as well.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:36 AM

@Big-_-t0ny: Definitely! (see guideline #5) The contest is going to be between the gamemodes, not people. You can even submit custom modes that you designed as a team.

@Cognitive_Profit: Thanks for submitting your game. You've already posted an event based on this, I presume you're okay with letting anyone use your custom mode, in any way they wish to?
By the way, no need to post the PSN tag and timezone here, all that is required is a description of the game (please read the guidelines a-e).

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:38 AM

Oh this is a contest mercie_blink.gif , i thought it's just like the guides&strategies topic where you just submit custom FM ideas for people to play.

Must not read while tired, will submit something this week arv!

dudeaz666
  • dudeaz666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:52 AM Edited by dudeaz666, 09 February 2010 - 10:08 AM.

LC HITMAN
"it's like kill tag"

Game: IV
Base Mode: Freemode

Settings:
• Duration : Unlimited
• Auto Aim : Off
• Weapons : All
• Pickups : All
• Police : off
• Join In Progress : No
• Traffic : Heavy
• Pedestrians : Heavy
• Blips : None
• Gamertag Display : No
• Reticule Health : Yes
• Voice Chat : Yes
• Respawn distance : Near
• Respawn Time : 1 sec
• Time of day : Midday
• Weather : Any

Description:
Rules
This game is for 2 or more players and based off who gets the kill, kills can be as straight as sniping or as inventive as setting up a trap.( all players also need the in game map or one off the internet with street names on )
You start a custom game with Police off , traffic on high and peds on high.
This is where it gets fun . You run all blips off and show player names off.
Player one ( the hit ) will select a car and at least 3 drop points, you then tell the other players ( the hunters) what your player is wearing and what colour and model the car they are driving is.
Player one must also tell the other players (hunters) where the drop points are and at what time in game they will be there.
If no one scores the kill affter all drop points are complite you must all go to the same place ( Arranged by the Hit ) untill some one gets a kill on the hit.
The hunters must succesfully kill the target and who ever scores the kill is the new hit and the games starts again.
THE HIT MUST USE THE SAME CAR UNTILL HE / SHE IS KILLED.

Drop points
Drop points can be any where you like but you must be sepecific on locations ! for example :

Im doing a drop in the airport at 6. Not acceptable.

Im doing a drop in the airport mulistory car park on the top floor at 18.00 Acceptable.

When you get to the drop point you must wait there for 30 in game minutes (30 seconds) you can also give a average time for example:
I'll be there between 17.30 and 18.30.

You can turn up at any time in this above time slot but must stay there for 30 in game minutes.
Whilest you are in your drop point you can move around and act like a normal in game pedestrian to advoid detection.

I hope you enjoy playing this game, I invented it about 3 months ago and havent had a chance to play it properly ive played it with 1 friend and it worked well.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:18 AM

@Andy: Yeah, its a little different from that. We aren't confined to FM by the way, it can be any mode.

@dudeaz666: Thanks, added!

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:01 PM Edited by Nitty Don, 28 January 2010 - 09:14 AM.

Nice Idea !!

I'll be keeping my eye on this one for future ideas biggrin.gif

We play a lot of custom games within the AoD but I can only put claim to one

Mr Tasty Takeover !

players 4 - 16 (works best with at least 8)

1. Set up a gta race (settings = health only, any track, other settings ie weather chosen in lobby, AA can be on or off as there are no weapon spawns))
2. All players bar one select Swat vans, the final player chooses a Mr Tasty Van
3. Start the race, the designated Mr Tasty driver gets to hit 2 checkpoints before the swat drivers can move.
4. The idea of this game is for the swat vans to pin the Tasty driver in and jack his van
5. Players score points for completing a lap whilst driving the Tasty (this might be only hitting a few checkpoints it might be completing an entire lap)

Not a very conplicated game to organise but can be fun, check out videos posted by Games Guru for The Exiles Xmas bash for a preview of the carnage.

cant wait to steal... er i mean use the other ideas posted here lol.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:10 AM

Thanks for submitting your mode Nitty, and I hope you'll have fun with the others here too.
Could you please elaborate on the settings?

C'mon people, its a simple thing! Please do share your ideas!

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:15 AM

Edited my previous post to contain settings smile.gif

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:13 AM

I have two here that are not my own, but I'll give credit where credit's due.

The first being Border Patrol. This is made up by someone in the AOD a long time ago but I don't know who, so just give The AOD credit for it.

General idea:
There are two teams, one is the border patrol and the other is the Mexicans. The border patrol set up a road block on one of the bridges (for example the one leading from Alderney to Algonquin) and the Mexicans have to cross this bridge. Two rounds, the second round the roles are reversed.

Settings:
Teamd Deathmatch.
Auto-aim, police, friendly fire: off
Weapons: either all, standard or powerful
Blips: team

Rules:
The Mexicans must wait until the border patrol is ready. They may not spy on the border patrol. Neither teams may use sniper rifles or rocket launchers.
We've always done this with a money limit, but a time limit might be better to avoid endless preparing and to give the Mexicans a limited amount of time to cross. You could for example set the time limit to 45 minutes and give the border patrol 30 minutes to prepare.

Video of us playing Border Patrol in TLAD:

The second has two versions. Both were created by Timmobile.
The one on normal IV is called "The no blip game".

General idea:
Do the no blip glitch (see the above video) to make your blip disappear in a vehicle. Then drive around like an NPC to fool other players, while trying to spot them. When you've spotted one, kill him!

Settings:
Team Deathmatch or Deathmatch (is nice to have a teammate who can tell you if you've done the glitch correctly).
Auto-aim, po-po, friendly fire: off
Area: Bohan
Set a time limit, like 20 or 30 minutes.
Weapons: either all, standard of powerful. Standard gives a lot of SMG's and grenades, so you might want to go with that.
Traffic & peds: high

Rules:
You are not allowed to kill when you're not in a car, but other players can kill you, so find a new vehicle fast whenever you lost your old one.
Stick to the East side of Bohan. We usually drive around the strip club area to increase encounters.
You may enter your teammate's car as a passenger.

The second version is only for The Ballad of Gay Tony. We call this one "The sticky bomb game".

General idea:
The same as the no blip game, but this time we only use sticky bombs.

Settings:
(T)DM
Auto-aim, police: off
Friendly fire: on (this to prevent people from exploiting certain mechanics like purposefully blowing a teammate up in his car to make him invincible)
Set a time limit, like 20 or 30 minutes or a money limit, like 10.
Weapons: sticky bombs only
Traffic & peds: high

Rules:
There is a safe zone to allow people to get into a car. No-one may kill or throw sticky bombs in the safe zone (no rigging cars either!). The safe zone is the road just above the factory, leading from the traffic lights near Burger shot in the west to the traffic lights of the intersection in the East (near the broken bridge).
No bikes allowed.
No use of weapons while on foot, so find a vehicle fast.

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:32 PM Edited by Ptikobj, 29 January 2010 - 03:25 PM.

Mine is pretty simple. I did it with some apoc members back when we were a group.
We played a few times, and I never bothered hosting games after that. Anyway.

The name of the game is "Cat and Mouse".

Host a free-roam and head over to the Alderney docks.
It doesn't really matter how many players you have, but the more the better.

One person must get a small front wheel drive car. Something slow with nippy handling.
That person is the mouse. Everyone else must get a truck from the docks and they are the "Cats"

The main objective for the cats is to hunt down the mouse, and destroy it. This is either ramming
the car until it cant move, it sets on fire and the person inside the car dies, or they are pushed
off the docks into the water. The mouse has to stay alive for as long as possible. This doesnt mean
hide in warehouse or alley where the trucks cant get at you.

The main rules are:
The players are not allowed to leave the docks at any time once the game has began.
No firearms. Using your weapon is considered cheating so its best having them disabled,
some people cant be trusted with them on.

Settings:
Mode: Freeroam
Auto-aim: Disabled
Police: off
Friendly fire: off
Time limit: There isn't one
Weapons: Melee only
Traffic & peds: Doesnt really matter
Blips: All

I might edit this later, excuse any typo's

aTastyMuffin
  • aTastyMuffin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:54 AM Edited by aTastyMuffin, 29 January 2010 - 07:07 AM.

A great game mode would be 'Demolition Derby' some of you may have seen that large circus looking circle on the first island. Some what near the Airport.

Rules:

2 - 12 Players to Start
The host will pick from a variety of vehicles such as in the Race game mode cept theres no boats or helicopters.
Players will appear randomly in the Circle. They can not leave their car.
Everyone must smash into each other making their opponents car blow. The last person alive wins.

May of you may have seen GTAmissions and heaps others play this on youtube.

http://www.youtube.c...from=PL&index=6

Or maybe even a Zombie game mode where one team is zombies and they must infect all the non zombies ( other team ) in a given time limit

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

Did you know that we are the leading country in... GFX!!

• Members

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Nitty Don @ Jan 27 2010, 13:01)
Nice Idea !!

I'll be keeping my eye on this one for future ideas biggrin.gif

We play a lot of custom games within the AoD but I can only put claim to one

Mr Tasty Takeover !

players 4 - 16 (works best with at least 8)

1. Set up a gta race (settings = health only, any track, other settings ie weather chosen in lobby, AA can be on or off as there are no weapon spawns))
2. All players bar one select Swat vans, the final player chooses a Mr Tasty Van
3. Start the race, the designated Mr Tasty driver gets to hit 2 checkpoints before the swat drivers can move.
4. The idea of this game is for the swat vans to pin the Tasty driver in and jack his van
5. Players score points for completing a lap whilst driving the Tasty (this might be only hitting a few checkpoints it might be completing an entire lap)

Not a very conplicated game to organise but can be fun, check out videos posted by Games Guru for The Exiles Xmas bash for a preview of the carnage.

cant wait to steal... er i mean use the other ideas posted here lol.gif

Nitty im sure me and you created this... Don't be taking all the glory..

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:56 PM

Apologies Leray !! It was my original idea but thank you to both yourself and Kinko Kaprow for helping trial and develop it smile.gif

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (aTastyMuffin @ Jan 29 2010, 06:54)
A great game mode would be 'Demolition Derby' some of you may have seen that large circus looking circle on the first island. Some what near the Airport.

The DD is one of the best Freeroam games you can do
Here's a game me and some others did back in 2008, Im the orange tag guy in the middle

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

@Nitty: Shall I mention that all three of you are the authors then?

@aTastyMuffin: Is that your mode? Although DD is a very common game, please request the original author to submit it if it isn't.

@bean: Thanks for the submission! Could you please add more on the settings? So that it'll be easier for the game host to emulate your idea.

Since EFLC for PC and PS3 has been announced, we can proceed slowly and steadily; I don't think a lot of us here will be requiring custom mode ideas for a while! Besides, we can collect more entries this way.
This contest will be open for alteast three months. Please feel free to post your modes and take your time in editing them to perfection.

I will also be making a few changes to the thread and organize it better.. it hasn't turned out to be as well as I expected. Sorry for any confusion caused.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (aTastyMuffin @ Jan 28 2010, 22:54)

Rules:

2 - 12 Players to Start
The host will pick from a variety of vehicles such as in the Race game mode cept theres no boats or helicopters.
Players will appear randomly in the Circle. They can not leave their car.
Everyone must smash into each other making their opponents car blow. The last person alive wins.

May of you may have seen GTAmissions and heaps others play this on youtube.

http://www.youtube.c...from=PL&index=6

Or maybe even a Zombie game mode where one team is zombies and they must infect all the non zombies ( other team ) in a given time limit

I got done playing a version of that an hour ago with someone called Insignia68 on GFWL. I DID NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS THREAD WAS, NOR HAD I EVER LOOKED AT IT UNTIL NOW, SO DON'T YOU CALL ME A PLAIGURIST!!!! Anyway, we had all the same vehicle, no guns, we had to put the front of the car against the wall, and he would type 3 2 1 go. Then we would just keep ramming into each other. the last person who's car caught on fire won. That was the only way to win. Someone else spawned the cars in there with some mod. We played for over an hour, so you know it's addicting. And it was only cars. Mainly Cars and Whatever Boxville's can be categorized as.

Faltskogian
  • Faltskogian

Apoccy R.I.P.

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Ptikobj @ Jan 29 2010, 14:38)
QUOTE (aTastyMuffin @ Jan 29 2010, 06:54)

The DD is one of the best Freeroam games you can do
Here's a game me and some others did back in 2008, Im the orange tag guy in the middle

Happy friggin' days, miss them miss them all.

falt$

marquisman
  • marquisman

Where is me VIRGO... fool?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:25 PM

i love demo derbies and would love to participate in some on PSN. have everyone in the same place where the derbies are held with everyone starting out facing away from each other and starting off with a gentlmens tap and then going all out...that would be sweet

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:30 PM

Help yourselves to the gamemodes posted here. You could start a new event and others will join.

GTAIV-mx will be revamped by the next week. Meanwhile please stay on topic. If you have any suggestions for the contest, by all means post them.

smile.gif

Big-_-t0ny
  • Big-_-t0ny

Twitch.tv/Big_t0ny

• Members

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:47 AM

Cool topic, nice ideas. Ok i have now updated my first post EVERYONE LOOK lol. cool.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:14 PM

Okay, I've added loads more to the first post. I'm very sorry but anyone who already submitted their mode needs to edit their submission with the template. This is to ensure that enough information is provided. I will update the links in the OP once that's done.

If you'd like to post more than one custom mode, make a new post. Not more than one entry in a given post. It doesn't matter if you make multiple posts in a row in this regard.
Much appreciated if someone could provide a list of settings on the EFLC-exclusive gamemodes.

•• Contest closes on June 01, 2010.

------

That said, its time I got off my ass and contributed something:

Kill Frenzy
Just like the good ol' GTA2 days!

Game: GTAIV
Base Mode: Free Mode

Settings:
• No. of players : 1-Max
• No. of private slots : Preferably none
• Duration : Varies
• Auto Aim : Disallow
• Weapons : Varies
• Pickups : Regular
• Police : Varies
• Join In Progress : Allow
• Traffic : Medium
• Pedestrians : high
• Blips : On
• Gamertag Display : On
• Reticule Health : On
• Voice Chat : On
• Respawn distance : Near
• Respawn Time : 5sec
• Time of day : Midday
• Weather : Random

Description:
This a take at the GTA2 Kill Frenzies using GTA4. There are no objectives to be fulfilled, you just have to keep killing. Call me deranged, but it makes good target practice. Novice players can improve their weapon skill and face real opponents with more confidence. This is also good way to pass the time.

Pistol and grenades work best as weapons. Although, it would be fun to experiment with others. Kill as many peds as possible, using minimal firepower. Try to aim for headshots. Its not as simple at it seems, the peds will run around in panic once you start shooting. See if all the players can team up and corner the pedestrians. Use your wits and find other ways to get them.

Screenshots/Videos:
user posted image user posted imageuser posted image

dudeaz666
  • dudeaz666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:10 AM

Ive edited my post in acordance with the new template.

A27Topgun
  • A27Topgun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:53 AM Edited by A27Topgun, 28 February 2010 - 03:59 AM.

Most Wanted
Can You Lose The Cops?

Game: IV
Base Mode: Team Deathmatch

Settings:
• No. of players : 2-8 (This is recommended but you could do more)
• No. of private slots : 16 (no randoms)
• Location : Alderny, Dukes/Broker, Algonquin (Algonquin recommended for beginners)
• Duration : Your choice
• Auto Aim : Off
• Friendly Fire : On
• Weapons : Pistols Only
• Pickups :Pistols
• Police : Off
• Join In Progress : Disabled
• Traffic : Low recommended
• Pedestrians : Whatever you want
• Blips : Near
• Gamertag Display : On
• Reticule Health : On
• Voice Chat : Stay in Party Chat
• Respawn distance : Far
• Respawn Time : Lowest One
• Time of day : Any
• Weather : Any

Description:
You start out in the Team Deathmatch Lobby. One person is selected to be the criminal. Everyone else goes blue for cops. Settings are on Pistol Only, BUT YOU CAN ONLY SHOOT IF ON FOOT. NO SHOOTING FROM CARS. Shotguns from cop cars are allowed. No RPG's. No helicopters. The cops MUST have police cars to pursue the criminal, so make sure you know where they spawn on whatever Island you choose. The only time you are exempt from this is if your cop car gets disabled, then you can commandeer and pursue if close enough, if not, find another cop car. COPS CAN'T USE SUPERCARS. CRIMINAL CANT USE SUPERCARS OR BIG TRUCKS (pickups and vans are allowed). CRIMINAL CAN NOT EXIT THE CHOSEN ISLAND.

The point of the game is to capture/kill the criminal. Cops can not fire unless fired upon, threatened, or of the criminal runs. Shooting tires is permitted. Also, criminals are discouraged from hiding, they should always be on the move. The reason its 8 max players is because we don't want lag, and its recommended everyone be in party chat so the criminal doesn't get lonely smile.gif, however if you want a more authentic experience then by all means go into gamechat. Use any methods necessary to stop the criminal. Pit manuevers, boxing in, ect. When in pursuit TURN ON YOUR SIREN: This alerts nearby cops and the criminal that he's being chased. If you're not in the chase make sure your siren is off. Cops, make sure to use callouts if you find the criminal (blips are on near, so try and set up patrol areas) use callouts like which direction he's heading, what street, what iconic location he is near (important buildings/spots from campaign ect) Ex. He's heading north through Star Junction/He's heading south at middle park west! I have tried this gametype with 3 to 6 players and it worked out great. We all had a lot of fun. I suggest everyone try it out. It improves your driving kills and city knowledge and its really easy to set up.

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

Did you know that we are the leading country in... GFX!!

• Members

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:56 PM

That looks good topgun.

A27Topgun
  • A27Topgun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:44 AM

Next to 16 v LCPD this was the most fun I've had on GTA

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:21 AM

C'mon, more please! We've got some great ideas in here, but there's room for lots more.

airassault54
  • airassault54

Insaniac Gaming 4 Life

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

I would post but i havent had much help in my Gta 4 zombies events. sad.gif

So no sense posting if we dont have enough people to do it anyways?

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

A custom gamemode may have not been successfully tested, but it could inspire others. Someone will want to implement it, either as it is or with modifications - and they may have different results. If you're willing to release your (own) ideas to the public, you're most welcome to post them here airassault.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users