• This topic is locked This topic is locked
152 replies to this topic
Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Feb 8 2013, 19:06)
QUOTE (lpgunit @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 13:26)
I've just noticed that the Juki Union Special as well as the flooring signages in Chinatown were altered in the mobile version, presumably due to copyright concerns (Juki being a real-life sweing machine manufacturer, and the flooring supplies shop having a pixelated text that says "Scotchguard"). Was this done on the Xbox build, too, or just on mobile?

I don't have an Xbox so I can't check but I think its most likely only on mobile. Vice City got released to PSN a few weeks back and they had to remove songs, dialogue and some violent features which would of had no copyright/discrimination issues back in 2002

After the issue raised above I realise that I'm incredibly lucky to possess the original Grand Theft Auto III on PS2 - where no alterations were made at all!

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 19:55)
I've just noticed that the Juki Union Special as well as the flooring signages in Chinatown were altered in the mobile version, presumably due to copyright concerns (Juki being a real-life sweing machine manufacturer, and the flooring supplies shop having a pixelated text that says "Scotchguard"). Was this done on the Xbox build, too, or just on mobile?

I don't have an Xbox so I can't check but I think its most likely only on mobile. Vice City got released to PSN a few weeks back and they had to remove songs, dialogue and some violent features which would of had no copyright/discrimination issues back in 2002

After the issue raised above I realise that I'm incredibly lucky to possess the original Grand Theft Auto III on PS2 - where no alterations were made at all!

Hey I do too smile.gif One Question, what is the front cover design of your PS2 version. (GTA III has so many different cover designs)

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 23:04)

Hey I do too smile.gif One Question, what is the front cover design of your PS2 version. (GTA III has so many different cover designs)

http://3.bp.blogspot...ft Auto III.jpg

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 20:10)

Cool, I have this one which has the original DMA Design logo and a different opening scene (its actually pretty cool if you ain't seen it, Very similar to original with a few 'beta' touches)

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 23:14)

Cool, I have this one which has the original DMA Design logo and a different opening scene (its actually pretty cool if you ain't seen it, Very similar to original with a few 'beta' touches)

Well, I also have this one. Just so I couldn't find anything on the Internet, so I posted the PC Spanish version cover.

But yes, I have this white cover, and the game itself has the DMA logo and the Old Intro Movie (with beta screens). It also once used to have an in-game guide - but it's now gone missing somewhere...

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 20:20)

Well, I also have this one. Just so I couldn't find anything on the Internet, so I posted the PC Spanish version cover.

But yes, I have this white cover, and the game itself has the DMA logo and the Old Intro Movie (with beta screens). It also once used to have an in-game guide - but it's now gone missing somewhere...

I grabbed the pic off of Grand Theft Wiki. Yeah so mine is the same as yours with the beta pics in the opening cutscene. Interestingly these two versions I found on Youtube are DMA without the beta pics.

So I kind of find that weird. They must have released a fair few versions

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 23:26)

I grabbed the pic off of Grand Theft Wiki. Yeah so mine is the same as yours with the beta pics in the opening cutscene. Interestingly these two versions I found on Youtube are DMA without the beta pics.

These are videos taken from later versions, released in 2002 and in 2004. They just left the DMA logo for the sake of it, like a memorabilia, - but terminated any evidence of the beta.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 20:30)

These are videos taken from later versions, released in 2002 and in 2004. They just left the DMA logo for the sake of it, like a memorabilia, - but terminated any evidence of the beta.

But why would other versions made around that time include the Rockstar North Logo? And if they were to keep the DMA Design logo I don't see the harm in the beta content

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 23:33)

But why would other versions made around that time include the Rockstar North Logo? And if they were to keep the DMA Design logo I don't see the harm in the beta content

Only the PS2 versions had the DMA logo. It was just like a reminder of a time when DMA was not a part of Rockstar.
But all versions on all other platforms (don't know about PS3 though) had the Rockstar North logo already.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 20:40)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 23:33)

Only the PS2 versions had the DMA logo. It was just like a reminder of a time when DMA was not a part of Rockstar.
But all versions on all other platforms (don't know about PS3 though) had the Rockstar North logo already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9kHwIlj_e8
^^I found a vid with the intro vid I have.^^

Anyway not all PS2 versions have the DMA Design so why would some PS2 versions vary from others. PS3 has Rockstar North Logo icon14.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:00 PM Edited by Moonshield, 03 April 2013 - 04:08 PM.

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 23:43)

Anyway not all PS2 versions have the DMA Design so why would some PS2 versions vary from others. PS3 has Rockstar North Logo  icon14.gif

Same good old video on my game disc. No doubt.

derailed the quote train

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Does anyone remember when was GTA III announced for PC ?

It seems like GTA III PC was to be released way earlier than May 20th 2002, at least according to gta,wikia.com

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (lh1 @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 13:44)
Does anyone remember when was GTA III announced for PC ?

It seems like GTA III PC was to be released way earlier than May 20th 2002, at least according to gta,wikia.com

I've seen on a few websites where GTA III PC was released on May 20, 2002. I guess that's gotta be it.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 21:00)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 23:43)

Anyway not all PS2 versions have the DMA Design so why would some PS2 versions vary from others. PS3 has Rockstar North Logo  icon14.gif

Same good old video on my game disc. No doubt.

derailed the quote train

I have just realised the PS3 version has the DMA logo. Sorry for the mistake

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 20:24)

You see! I told you that all GTA III versions for Sony PlayStation® have the DMA Design logo!

I guess it was left as a memorabilia. A reminder as to where Rockstar's huge success started from.

P.S. No need for excuses. The situation's not worth it! wink.gif

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:25 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 19 April 2013 - 07:32 PM.

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 19:20)

You see! I told you that all GTA III versions for Sony PlayStation® have the DMA Design logo!

I guess it was left as a memorabilia. A reminder as to where Rockstar's huge success started from.

I guess you are right.... or are you

Description= GTA III INTRO PS2

So I guess not all PS2 Versions have the DMA logo wink.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 22:25)
QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 19:20)

I guess you are right.... or are you

Description= GTA III INTRO PS2

wink.gif

That's most probably the PC version. The author just got the description mixed up.

IF he's right, then that's gotta be the 'Trilogy Pack' version. Sort of a 'Castrated GTA III' type. No PS2 lighting effects, no PS2 sounds, PC color schemes, no DMA logo, PC intro video - fits for the description.

I never had a 'Trilogy Pack' version of GTA III - I only know how the original looks like. So I can't be making any definite assumptions there. Only suppositions, no more.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Well I guess we need to find someone with the trilogy pack and ask them.....?????? tounge.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 22:35)
Well I guess we need to find someone with the trilogy pack and ask them.....?????? tounge.gif

You're clear to go! Because nobody who I know owns GTA III on PS2

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 19:40)

Other than me! But I don't own the Trilogy Pack I shall look around...

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 22:41)

If that's what you mean... Well, I also know some Forumers with PS2 versions of GTA III. Can ask them as well.

Originally, I was referring to the people I know in real life and who I saw in person, at least once. And not to those who I encountered on the Forums.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 20:24)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 22:41)

If that's what you mean... Well, I also know some Forumers with PS2 versions of GTA III. Can ask them as well.

Originally, I was referring to the people I know in real life and who I saw in person, at least once. And not to those who I encountered on the Forums.

Oh OK, well if I lived somewhere close to you (Which I obviously don't) then I may have met you in real life wink.gif
I know a few people (1 biggrin.gif ) which GTA III on PS2 in real life. It is my cousin! And he has the same intro as me and you... confused.gif

•¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?•
  • •¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?•

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

I own GTA III on PS2 and it has the DMA design logo.

GTA fan from the United Kingdom
  • GTA fan from the United Kingdom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

why is this game called GTA III and not GTA: Liberty City?

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Because this game was made as a totally new title, marking the start of the 3D era. And because the previous game unvierse - that of GTA 2 - has been finished with. That's it.

Right then, nobody thought about making the whole 'spin-off' series to this game, it was as a single title, nothing else. So back then there would be no logic in giving a brand new game, not directly connected to any other previous game, a non-numeric title.

I hope I made myself clear.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

^You are absolutely correct. Numeric GTA games are the start of something new. In this case, GTA III was the start of the 3D era.

Jericho176
  • Jericho176

Spoon Killer

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 19:35)

I have "The Trilogy" pack containing III, VC and SA, but I've never actually installed GTA III from it (only Vice City and San Andreas) ph34r.gif It's for PC though

I play a modified version of GTA III with the Xbox textures and models, so I never bothered installing the original game from the CD's

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Jericho176 @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 03:05)
I play a modified version of GTA III with the Xbox textures and models, so I never bothered installing the original game from the CD's

Well, you should give it a try. Who knows - maybe you'll like it much more in "original" (although PC version is by far not the most original one).

BTW, PC version is of no use to us (specifically in this matter). We need confirmation from PS2 and PS3 players. confused.gif

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

^Haha I forgot about this Arsen, I guess I may have to go ask some people biggrin.gif

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

QUOTE (Jericho176 @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 00:05)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 19:35)

I have "The Trilogy" pack containing III, VC and SA, but I've never actually installed GTA III from it (only Vice City and San Andreas) It's for PC though

I have the trilogy pack for PS2, and the opening video matches the following YouTube video (brought up earlier in this thread) exactly, DMA design logo and all icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users