Photo

Archer

19 replies to this topic
Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:38 PM Edited by Voodoo, 05 February 2014 - 05:25 AM.

YErgDE5.jpg

Archer is a new animated series on FX from Adam Reed and Matt Thompson, the creators of Frisky Dingo and Sealab 2021.

Set at an international spy agency known as ISIS, Archer is the story of a group of highly trained combatants. Rather than take the global crises they are called up for seriously, the team often use them as opportunities to confuse, betray, and just royally screw each other.

2hib8ko.jpg

Sterling Archer (H. Jon Benjamin) is the top secret agent at the International Secret Intelligence Service - ISIS. He's just like James Bond... if Bond was completely devoid of empathy and had serious mother issues. These issues complicate the fact that his mother is Malory Archer, the head of ISIS. This leads to the two butting heads on a regular basis. It also doesn't help that both his Ex- long time girlfriend, Lana Kane, and her new lover Cyril Figgis both work for ISIS as well. His code name is "Duchess" and while Malory claims it was a randomly generated name through the ISIS computer, it also happens to be the name of her beloved deceased dog. Archer loves to live the extravagant lifestyle while on missions at the company's expense and leaves a trail of broken hearts behind him, but what he lacks in self control and tact, he makes up for in his skills as an Agent.

Frisky Dingo was absolutely brilliant. When Adult Swim passed on the the third season and its spin off, The Xtacles, I thought they were insane. Thankfully, FX picked them up last year and I've been waiting patiently ever since for this new project. After watching the first two eps, I can definitely say that this was worth the wait. If you get FX, check this show out. It's hilarious. I think hulu is also showing it.

Archer on FX

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

Yeah I wanted to post something here the other night when it premiered, but ya beat me to it!!

It's a damn funny show, if you liked sealab 2021, like I did, then you're gonna want to see this.

Also the computers on the show are pretty funny. The second show, with Archer trying to break into the mainframe, was classic

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

What day does this come on in the week?

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (VCRules86 @ Jan 18 2010, 17:14)
What day does this come on in the week?

It shows Thursdays at 10pm EST.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

I loved Frisky Dingo, and I loved Sealab 2021 even more.

This is a must-see for me.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:26 AM

Sorry for the bump, but I didn't want to open a new topic for this show.

Just wanted to tell you guys that especially after the direction change they've done this season, Archer is more and more resembling GTA in style. I mean... just take a look at how this looks.

Archer_(season_5).jpg

It's just awesome.

I think it's really underrated though.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:37 AM

son of a bitch Gamer Shotgun spoilers Lana is preggo what i just started watching the show a couple days im only on season 2 you Nigerian f*ck i hope you step on a lego and it gets embedded in your foot

jk, but seriously, I love this show, and i'm kind of upset that it's taken me this long to get around to watching it. If you're reading this and you haven't seen it yet, go do so you philistine.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:56 AM Edited by GamerShotgun, 05 February 2014 - 05:04 AM.

Wow! :D

At first I was like "wtf".

Sorry for spoiling it for you, but that was a promotional picture shared on facebook. :D

Spoiler
but apart from that, I'm highly recommending it to anyone who has a bit of free time on his/her hand. :D

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

Pam is becoming my favorite character this season. Amber Nash is hilarious.

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

Wow, why's this topic so quiet? Archer's been awesome since it went vice. That last episode was great!

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:03 AM

Wow, why's this topic so quiet? Archer's been awesome since it went vice. That last episode was great!

Agreed, saw the last episode with my girlfriend yesterday and it was nothing but laughter at times.

I agree with Voodoo as well, Pam had a great part in that episode.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

Amber Nash is the sh*t. Krieger finally gets the screentime he deserves and god they are getting better and better at it. There were some episodes (I almost halfway thru the season) I found 'less' than the usual Archer quality but overall this season has been fantastic.

Seriously, best animated show around at the moment. For having a quite bland, 'unoriginal' ('James Bond parody') setting it's actually f*cking original. Back in the day when it was first announced/teased I thought it looked cool (drawing/animating style is f*cking superb/unique) but never started watching it. Until yeah, last two years finally got into it again.

I'll never regret not jumping on this from day 1. And oh, this sh*t is so underrated. I even dare say The Simpsons, South Park and Archer are pretty much the only animated series worth watching. 

• Voodoo and Failure like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

Great show, I'm waiting for the Vice season to get translated to Spanish to watch it (I began to watch it in that language so now feels a bit odd to watch it in English) and I'm looking really forward to it.

The only thing that kinda breaks the "immersion" in this show for me is the continuous anachronisms. I know it's not meant to be serious but mobile phones and public internet in the 70's, what the hell? It's hilarious anyway.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

Actually, the time frame of the series is intentionally ambiguous. There are many 60s and 70s style themes but they are mixed with contemporary ones. The closest they get to actually telling us the year is in season 2. From the wiki - During the "Pipeline Fever" episode, Archer mentions an alligator attack that happened two years ago which was a real attack. The attack took place in 1989 which places the story roughly around 1991. I love all of the 70's cars and trappings, though. Such a great show.

• FullMetal likes this

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:22 AM Edited by Zepren, 18 April 2014 - 10:51 AM.

I love all of the 70's cars and trappings, though. Such a great show.

Like this, Sploosh...

er52y7nuhoylkedtt5zh.gif

• Voodoo likes this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

Holy sh*t so officially S05 was pretty f*cking awesome. Now I'm aching for more Archer which will take a f*cking long time. 

• Failure likes this

CR1MINAL_INTENT
  • CR1MINAL_INTENT

NOMAD

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:28 PM Edited by CR1MINAL_INTENT, 03 May 2014 - 12:46 PM.

Phrasing! 

breathing-fast-1_zps639b8f5d.gif

breathing-fast-2_zps50f3a015.gif

breathing-fast-3_zps5b4635d3.gif

breathing-fast-4_zpse023ab5b.gif

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

I'm not really hooked the first time i watched Archer.
But everything changes after i've watched "Skytanic" episode. That episode had me laughing in tears.

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

turnt up

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

I just started watching this on Saturday. The first 4 episodes were hilarious, I can't stop laughing to myself about that stir-friday bit. I f*cking love it when you discover something new that you like and there's a whole bunch of seasons that you haven't watched yet already out.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted A week ago

Only a month away and it'll be back on! I can't wait.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users