Vice City High Res Textures + GTA IV Streets
Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:40 PM
ALL Streets in Vice City will be replaced by their GTA IV counterparts, in addition to that there will be more than 400 textures (only part 1 installed) from the city replaced with High Res ones (40 % of them - Ground Textures, 50 % of them - Building Textures, 10 % of them - small misc. tweaks)
I replaced about 90 % of Vice Citys Grass with Hi Res Textures. (50 % 512*512, 50 % 1024*1024)
I ´m working on part 2 (more than 400 hd textures in over 170 files)! For more information check out gtagarage.com
I done this all alone and by myself for private use, but submitted it now because most of the good ol vice city modder doesnt support it any more. (SA´s fault)
Running on old/slow Systems the game could lag. This mod is for newer/faster/better systems.
The Streets are just 5 % of the whole mod. I mainly concentrate on:
- getting the whole game look better & keeping the value in it, keep it real
- adding cutscene objects (chairs, briefcases, with double resolution than ingame one) ingame.
- reworking interiors & exteriors for tommys hideouts (sunyard is now in HD as well as vercetti estate, ocean view, cherry popper, malibu club, strip club,...)
- make hd versions of city texures (Complete starfish Island in part 2)
- replace common objects with hd textures (exploding barrels, crates, rocks, swimming pools, beach textures, carpets, walls, hedges, grounds, staircases, dirt)
- a easy install with a script file
This Mod does not/is not:
- Adding super new sportcars; which ruins the look of the game completely
- replace any effects; there are plenty of those mods. i prefer my personal 51 mb (compressed) particle.txd, what i dont release.
- adding any textures that wasnt in the game at all (except 2 san andreas ones, that fittet perfectly). I used hard modyfied original textures, so that they are High Res.
- Ruins the games looks by adding complete unfitting stuff like laser guns and weapons from halo/super new rifles
Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:18 PM
Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:28 PM
Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:21 AM
Yes grass textures arent looking good. I think I'm gonna replace all the 1024 ones with 512 ones. Also testing my grass photos ingame in 512.
Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:59 AM
Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:10 PM
@ all, please rate and comment, a fix for the plain grass textures will be the next step for me after releasing part 2. (i personally like it, first try were 2048 * 2048 textures)
i put alot effort into this and theres still a whole lot of work to do. please excuse my bad english, im austrian. (no, not australian, arnold schwarzenegger was born in austria, for example)
Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:39 PM
Hi nice mod would look good with new palms mod and car mods etc.
PS were did you get the police skin ive been searching for one for ages thanks
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users