Photo

Police Uniform Retexture

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic
computergeek
  • computergeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:02 AM Edited by computergeek, 19 January 2010 - 02:53 PM.

About a year ago I retextured some of Niko's clothes to give him a police uniform..
user posted image
..and then promptly forgot about the project.

Recently I found the files again and decided to improve things, so i retextured his shirt to model a NYPD shirt and gave him a hat...
user posted image

The hat replaces all of Niko's accessories e.g. hats, glasses (inc. bike helmet), and my issue is with the hat. Unfortunately the standard police hats were too small and I ended up using a fatcop police hat as my model.

My issue is that despite having the same model and same texture the hats all look different. In fact, the bike helmet is the best, actually being small. The army cap replacement is a little on the big side and makes Niko look like a Russian cop (see pic).

Is there any explanation for this? And a way to fix it? whatsthat.gif

-----

Download Available. Consider this a BETA.

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:28 AM

Great idea, and it looks good.
The orginal player_p.wdr contained various models for glasses, caps, helmets, so if you replace it with the police hat (which just cotain one model i guess) the other stuff isn't available anymore. You can edit it ZModeler 2 (registered version) and replace the police hat model with one of niko's helmets and export it. icon14.gif

computergeek
  • computergeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

Thank you! biggrin.gif

As far as i know the police hats come in the standard and 'wet' models, the wet being the smaller ones which i want. Unfortunately it seems its the game which is deciding which model replaces what, so the bike helmets are all wet model police hats and the army cap is a standard hat which just looks over sized on Niko's head.

I figure I'll have to learn some modeling then. There's something sinister going on there.. ph34r.gif

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

It isn't that hard smile.gif

lower78
  • lower78

Texture Artist

• Members

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:16 PM

omg great !! biggrin.gif when a release ?

computergeek
  • computergeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:03 AM

Well i plan on getting the hat fixed and perhaps updating the shirt textures at the moment. (shoes?)

So that'll probably happen sometime after the next two weeks. But if you want I'm sure I could get a download up smile.gif

lower78
  • lower78

Texture Artist

• Members

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (computergeek @ Jan 15 2010, 10:03)
Well i plan on getting the hat fixed and perhaps updating the shirt textures at the moment. (shoes?)

So that'll probably happen sometime after the next two weeks. But if you want I'm sure I could get a download up smile.gif

ok thank you information smile.gif

kakalaka
  • kakalaka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:08 AM

Try this one?

http://www.gta4-mods...pd-outfit-f1915

Police uniform for Niko... Just untill this better one is released by the author:)

computergeek
  • computergeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:41 PM Edited by computergeek, 19 January 2010 - 02:50 PM.

Woah that uniform looks eerily similar..
but luckily not as pretty tounge.gif

And as I can't have that link snatching away all the glory =)

heres a temporary link for some lucky few to play with.

Mind you this is still the same one as you see in the picture. I haven't gotten round to making any more changes yet

Meanwhile i just need to figure out why i can't for the life of me log into gta garage and have it host the file there.. dozingoff.gif
(any help with regards to that much appreciated)

Edit: and heres a hopefully more permanent one.

kakalaka
  • kakalaka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (computergeek @ Jan 19 2010, 14:41)
Woah that uniform looks eerily similar..
but luckily not as pretty  tounge.gif

And as I can't have that link snatching away all the glory =)

heres a temporary link for some lucky few to play with.

Mind you this is still the same one as you see in the picture. I haven't gotten round to making any more changes yet

Meanwhile i just need to figure out why i can't for the life of me log into gta garage and have it host the file there..  dozingoff.gif
(any help with regards to that much appreciated)

Edit: and heres a hopefully more permanent one.

Oh sorry buddy, didn't mean for it to snatch glory

Only posted it for those who couldn't wait... confused.gif Just until your better one came out, I didn't make it though, someone else did biggrin.gif just posted link

Hey, BTW is it possible to extract the SWAT/NOOSE vest? I wouldn't mind seeing a bullet proof vest niko can wear, Preferably black and has POLICE/LCPD of FIB/FBI written on the back. With a plain white shirt, or over an exsisting police uniform.

Maybe I'm asking too much, I know there is a vest available already in GTA IV, this one

user posted image

But that looks stupid, and basic makes him look fat around the belly lol

something like this maybe?

user posted image

But start with SWAT vest first.... How did you make the police uniform? What program did you use? I might start some myself... Cheers mate

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:31 PM

@computergeek: Log into gtagarage.com with your GTAForums.com username and password. To add a new mod, click on "submit mod", now you can add files and screenshots and write a description etc. wink.gif

@kakalaka: With trainers for GTA IV you can make Niko wears this vest.
And if you want any writing on it or make it darker, just simply edit it's texture.

BTW that's the jacket the noose guys does wear:

user posted image

kakalaka
  • kakalaka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT @ Jan 19 2010, 21:31)
@computergeek: Log into gtagarage.com with your GTAForums.com username and password. To add a new mod, click on "submit mod", now you can add files and screenshots and write a description etc. wink.gif

@kakalaka: With trainers for GTA IV you can make Niko wears this vest.
And if you want any writing on it or make it darker, just simply edit it's texture.

BTW that's the jacket the noose guys does wear:

user posted image

OHHHH Sweeeettttt!

I'm currently using NATIVE Trainer, Is that option in the clothes menu? I've spent a bit of time messing about with the trainer and haven't got that jacket yet. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.... I have changed player model to noose before but they have a stupid walking animation lol and wouldn't mind seeing in on NIKO.

I thought maybe it might be unique to a specific player model? like NoOse only?

How would I edit it's texture? Thanks mate for the info

computergeek
  • computergeek

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:22 AM Edited by computergeek, 24 January 2010 - 01:48 PM.

QUOTE (kakalaka @ Jan 19 2010, 23:20)
Oh sorry buddy, didn't mean for it to snatch glory

Only posted it for those who couldn't wait...  confused.gif Just until your better one came out, I didn't make it though, someone else did biggrin.gif   just posted link

Hey, BTW is it possible to extract the SWAT/NOOSE vest? I wouldn't mind seeing a bullet proof vest niko can wear, Preferably black and has POLICE/LCPD of FIB/FBI written on the back. With a plain white shirt, or over an exsisting police uniform.

Maybe I'm asking too much, I know there is a vest available already in GTA IV, this one

But that looks stupid, and basic makes him look fat around the belly lol

something like this maybe?

But start with SWAT vest first.... How did you make the police uniform? What program did you use? I might start some myself... Cheers mate

Haha don't worry about it biggrin.gif

at least it got me off my ass and uploading it icon14.gif

well I'll certainly see what i can do about the vest. At the moment all I'm doing is retexturing stuff which isn't particularly easy given I'm only using free photo editing suites like pain.net. So that means finding a shirt with a suitable model and then editing its texture.. and sadly given the rather limited selection of apparel and the ~17 different shirt models on offer in IV, its not as pretty as can be.

add to that the fact that most of the ped models in IV are whole so giving Niko a nice waist strap for his glock becomes nigh impossible for a novice like me. But hell give it a try. I wouldn't mind if somebody took this idea further with some nicer textures (to 'keep the color the same' I'm simply using the original cop clothes textures with some rather ugly copy and collaging)

If you wanted you could retexture the bulletproof vest that is for Niko, though it'd still make him look fat blush.gif

user posted image + user posted image = user posted image
Interceptor body armor anyone?

Update: Actually that turned out quite well lol.gif

QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT)

Sadly i log in, andddd it immediately returns me to the previous page i was on so i have no idea what that's about haha.

DragonStick
  • DragonStick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:22 AM

download link is broken

plz upload again

upload to this web www.mediafire.com plz smile.gif

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family