Quantcast

» «
Photo

Animals and Children, why not?

2,520 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want animals and children in the GTA NeXt? (3865 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want animals and children in the GTA NeXt?

1. Just Animals (1393 votes [39.56%])

Percentage of vote: 39.56%

2. Just Children (90 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

3. Both Animals and Children (1542 votes [43.79%])

Percentage of vote: 43.79%

4. None (496 votes [14.09%])

Percentage of vote: 14.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote
A2 MFK
  • A2 MFK

All you had to do was follow the DAMN train CJ!

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

I honestly don't see why there is any need to put children in the game. There are so many unrealistic factors of the game but that, it a way is what makes it fun. No-one would survive and hour in the life of any GTA protagonist so why would having children or not make a difference. There are a stack of moral issues against the game already (most of which R* is invincible to) but around 30% of the people who buy GTA games are under 18. Mostly because out successful persuasion to parents, but do you thing being able to brutally slaughter infants in the game is going to be kept quiet.

The media would not hesitate to publish this, letting every mother and father across the world know. And do you think this might lower R*'s net profit a little? Yes, I think so too.

The games have been getting better and have been making more money, I mean is there any sucessful rival game of that type? True crime? Scarface? The Getaway? Most of you would not have even heard of these games. GTA is such a sucessfull franchise, why would they put the entire company on the line just to please a few players that get some sadistic sense of acomplishment from butchering children.

FortunateSon
  • FortunateSon

Henerald's The man!

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

Could bullockstar make it so animals ate children? I voted children only as you can see.

andivegito
  • andivegito

Just ignore the bodies...

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Personally I'm not sure. I am against violent activities towards children, but I am worried about the REAL kids and not some
virtual little punk. I think however the real problems are that there are a few (Or maybe a lot) of people who can't tell the
difference between fantasy and reality. Also the groups that protect children waste all their F***ing time trying to bring
down a game which has violence against children instead of protecting the real children form real violence.

I don't think, however, that children should be put in the game because they already have enough people going after
them with the "shameful" content it already has, but I'm pretty sure they can get away with animals in a wild-life setting/
area. Like the California country-side or whatever.

If I had to choose, it'd be only animals. (Sorry to all the people who find this post offensive though I can't imagine who
would find it so)

JamesBuxton
  • JamesBuxton

JB

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

If they do put children in and even worse, make them mortal. I hope people receive a rather large wanted level and when you get caught, your money is cut by 50% or something.

BrunoLK
  • BrunoLK

Prank caller, prank caller!!

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:42 PM Edited by BrunoLK, 17 May 2012 - 10:32 PM.

I really doubt they would put children in the game (animals are not so far stretched). But it would be fun.
Rockstar said they never planned to make games for kids, so the more violence there is, the better!

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

Remember, all animals and short people have disappeared. tounge.gif

JamesBuxton
  • JamesBuxton

JB

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

We saw the dog in the trailer, which was a huge hint that animals would be part of the game.

We didn't see any children though, surely if they were going to include children (which would be a pretty big and important inclusion) they would have made sure it was in trailer one, so the controversy would've blown over before game release.

siloz141097
  • siloz141097

The King

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

Killing anyone teenagers of younger is sick in my opinion on this game. However younger NPCs would add realism. Therefore I think that children should be included but cant be killed. I dont want some sort of unrealistic barrier though. I mean something that means when you point a weapon at a child, the protag makes some sort of remark stating that he cant do it before lowering his weapon and allowing the kid to run. I wouldnt aim a gun at a child on the game anyway if I could help it; thats still sick in my mind but at least it would eliminate the chance of child deaths on there. As for people wanting to run them over (sick) they should include something so that they always are avoided no matter what without creating a physical barrier however. By this i mean that if you travel towards them, the will instantly roll out the way no matter what and will never be hit. If it is in an alleyway where there is no room to roll to the side then they should jump onto the bonnet of your car and roll off the back - uninjured.
Animals on the other hand? Personally I dont mind too much, especially with non-domesticated animals. For domesticated animals however i think again the protag should show that he will not kill the animal (however say this is a gang dog/or a police dog/guard dog then they can be killed.
When it does not allow you to kill these people/animals, i remember seeing a system in GTA IV/EFLC where a blue cross appeared on the character you aimed at that did not allow you to shoot. This should be implemented here; with the remark (not cheesy, but realistic) stating he will not kill the NPC.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

I hope there will be children in the game but I don't think so.

I heard in GTAIII the mission You Scream I Scream was originally given by Darkel, and the objective was to get an ice cream van and then blow it to sh*t when a lot of children were near it. And I also heard there was a mission where you had to get a schoolbus and pick up a lot of children and then blow it the f*ck up. That would have been so awesome.

I loved how you can kick the crap out of someone in GTAIV, I hope in GTAV there will be children, maybe they'll be walking on the street with their mom and you can kick them to the ground, and kick their face in while their mom is screaming for help and the kid is crying for his mommy.

gionascm2
  • gionascm2

Pedantic Perfectionist with a slight case of OCD

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (JustRob @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 23:43)

I heard in GTAIII the mission You Scream I Scream was originally given by Darkel, and the objective was to get an ice cream van and then blow it to sh*t when a lot of children were near it. And I also heard there was a mission where you had to get a schoolbus and pick up a lot of children and then blow it the f*ck up. That would have been so awesome.

I loved how you can kick the crap out of someone in GTAIV, I hope in GTAV there will be children, maybe they'll be walking on the street with their mom and you can kick them to the ground, and kick their face in while their mom is screaming for help and the kid is crying for his mommy.

^^^ This is exactly why there aren't kids/animals in GTA. suicidal.gif

I hope to god you were being sarcastic, otherwise you should seek professional help ASAP.

kietotheworld
  • kietotheworld

Hater Player

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, May 18 2012, 00:47)

I hope to god you were being sarcastic, otherwise you should seek professional help ASAP.

Kids aren't in GTA because people would enjoy it if they were?

gionascm2
  • gionascm2

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (kietotheworld @ Friday, May 18 2012, 01:06)

Kids aren't in GTA because people would enjoy it if they were?

If it was guaranteed that everyone that bought GTAV was not going to kill children/animals just for fun, R* would have no problem including them in the game because people can't do sick things with them that will attract negative attention in the media, banning the game or making it AO -- and none of these options are desirable for R*.

But unfortunately, people like JustRob have to prove to R* that they are immature or psychopathic and capable of doing really sick things, and therefore R* will never include kids in any GTA game, case closed.

BrunoLK
  • BrunoLK

Prank caller, prank caller!!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

He should seek professional help because he likes beating the hell out of pixels?

gionascm2
  • gionascm2

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:13 AM

Ok I see the users in this thread are all extremely biased and oblivious, therefore I will leave. Have fun with your sick fantasies sarcasm.gif

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

I don't get it. GTAIV has 80-year old grandmas. You can push a grandma to the ground and kick the livings f*cks out of her. Are you saying it's worse to beat up a kid then to beat up a disabled grandma?

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (JustRob @ Friday, May 18 2012, 16:27)
I don't get it. GTAIV has 80-year old grandmas. You can push a grandma to the ground and kick the livings f*cks out of her. Are you saying it's worse to beat up a kid then to beat up a disabled grandma?

Yeah I don't understand either, people calling other people sickos makes no sense, the logic is totally flawed.

TheJonesy
  • TheJonesy

Carry on.

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

Killing an adult, regardless of age, is a little more tangible - if not, more reasonable - than killing a child; the latter is defenseless and, more so, not privvy to the intentions of crime, morals, etc. Thus, killing them can be deemed sick to others. Although one can argue that murder is murder, regardless of who the victim is, there's still a heavier attachment to the killing of children that would attract bad attention; even so, including children at all isn't necessary.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

Well whatever I would still support the idea of children. I'm not saying I want kids in the game purely so I can go out and molest them all the time. But from time to time, it would be fun to beat the crap out of some kids.

Yeah, I like to be a sick bastard in GTA. I like to mutilate people, cut them up with a chainsaw, or just kick them to the ground. It's fun. And yet I'd never think of doing anything like that in real life. I can keep game and life perfectly divided.

CaptRobau
  • CaptRobau

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

Animals need to be in the game. Would both be realistic and add variation to the outdoors.

Children only in cutscenes (if the protagonist indeed does have children).

GroveStRoamer
  • GroveStRoamer

#FACT

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

Children? bored.gif I dont know man, but It would be amazing if we could ride a horse in downtown Los Santos! happy.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

It's pure aggression and speed

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

841 would like to rape dogs doggiestyle
79 are child molesters
1126 would like both

Keep going you sick bastards D:

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

Kids/Animals... blegh its all the same... just a few cubes/spheres/cylinders added up eachothers..

I would say some kids deserve to be BEATEN (not killed) but meh no need, the game will get killed if they do this.

Animals well, would be cool to have a dog and make him bite other peds but I dont see that happen too

Jimmyhetfield
  • Jimmyhetfield

Master

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

but if I didn't vote for both how would I have got my Kony army riding horseback?

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (GTAxYushix @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 18:12)
Kids/Animals... blegh its all the same... just a few cubes/spheres/cylinders added up eachothers..

I would say some kids deserve to be BEATEN (not killed) but meh no need, the game will get killed if they do this.

Animals well, would be cool to have a dog and make him bite other peds but I dont see that happen too

Thats because thats a stupid idea. not like they are going to allow the player to have a pet, let alone allow the player to make it attack random pedestrians. But if you was to introduce animals in a reasonable and realistic way to GTA, its perfectly logical and a good idea. (Wild life, guard dogs, police dogs, police horses, random dogs being walked etc etc.)

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 18:18)
QUOTE (GTAxYushix @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 18:12)

Thats because thats a stupid idea. not like they are going to allow the player to have a pet, let alone allow the player to make it attack random pedestrians. But if you was to introduce animals in a reasonable and realistic way to GTA, its perfectly logical and a good idea. (Wild life, guard dogs, police dogs, police horses, random dogs being walked etc etc.)

Just saying... There are so much cool things they could do for GTAV, I never actually missed animals in IV and SA...
So i dont really care if they are out

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 20:06)
79 are child molesters
1126 would like both

Are you trying to be funny? Because it's not..

Everyone wants kill people (no matter what age) in GTA. Aren't we all sick bastards?

(Can't you tell the difference between reality and virtuality? I would recommend you a psychiatrist.. you could be the next spree killer)

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 18:25)
79 are child molesters
1126 would like both

Everyone wants kill people (no matter what age) in GTA. Aren't we all sick bastards?

(Can't you tell the difference between reality and virtuality? I would recommend you a psychiatrist.. you could be the next spree killer)

I dont understand people who say things like him...

Pixels != Flesh

Topic:
Im not saying that we should be able to kill them all but c'mon its not like if its allowed in a game youre sick, what about COD and that little girl being killed by a bomb?? That is a game too and nobody ever talked about that.
What about MW2 with the No Russian mission killed innocent people just because YOU HAVE TO! Nobody ever made such a fuzz about it

Now that GTA, the best game on earth could possibly have that option to kill animals and/or children we are all caring and those who dont are sickos??

Bitch Please,

Its a game and if it becomes true then just skip the game and stop complaining!

(You will buy it anyways)

Pandy
  • Pandy

LSD is my lover.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

I would like both, Would provide realism to the games, It all happens in real life, This game should be pretty real to me.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

It's pure aggression and speed

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Ok I'm sorry for trying to be funny.

Flynny
  • Flynny

16 5 5

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (GTAxYushix @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 18:30)
QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 18:25)
79 are child molesters
1126 would like both

I dont understand people who say things like him...

Pixels != Flesh

Topic:
Im not saying that we should be able to kill them all but c'mon its not like if its allowed in a game youre sick, what about COD and that little girl being killed by a bomb?? That is a game too and nobody ever talked about that.
What about MW2 with the No Russian mission killed innocent people just because YOU HAVE TO! Nobody ever made such a fuzz about it

Now that GTA, the best game on earth could possibly have that option to kill animals and/or children we are all caring and those who dont are sickos??

Bitch Please,

Its a game and if it becomes true then just skip the game and stop complaining!

(You will buy it anyways)

there was a fuss about the no russian mission and i was optional and actually taken out of the game in some countries, dunno about the little girl getting blown up thing. but when i saw it i knew there would be a reaction. Did not keep track of if there was. That kid was stupid anyways, every kid knows not to go near a white van in london

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users