Quantcast

» «
Photo

Animals and Children, why not?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,520 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want animals and children in the GTA NeXt? (3868 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want animals and children in the GTA NeXt?

1. Just Animals (1394 votes [39.56%])

Percentage of vote: 39.56%

2. Just Children (90 votes [2.55%])

Percentage of vote: 2.55%

3. Both Animals and Children (1544 votes [43.81%])

Percentage of vote: 43.81%

4. None (496 votes [14.07%])

Percentage of vote: 14.07%

Vote
AciD_013
  • AciD_013

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (SirPsychoSexy)

but in a game in wich you already can do sick stuff to adult people, why not?

I voted both, btw

I don't think you fully understand the way the media works.

On the OP's question, I think kids would be fine, as long as they only show up in cutscenes, or in other situations where you CAN'T hurt them. I'd normally say 'Sure.' to animals, as they've already been kill-able in many games, but since this IS GTA, and the only animals you'd see would be domestic ones, I think not. Media would eat it up and spit it back at R*. I think we all know it.

But then again, as soon as you put in these models, some modder will find a way to put them back in harm's way.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:46 AM

Criminals lifestyle does not involve children and the beef on the media doesn't either - it involves adults in the case of criminality and followers in the case of the peds under the overbearing and hysterical media. Kids really don't have a place in GTA, and animals don't either unless it's a horse you are riding or animals in some exotic crime boss's cutscenes or something.

Wasn't San Andreas supposed to have horse? I don't know, but it did get some features of Red Dead Revolver and Manhunt.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (supermortalhuman @ Jan 10 2010, 05:46)
Criminals lifestyle does not involve children and the beef on the media doesn't either - it involves adults in the case of criminality and followers in the case of the peds under the overbearing and hysterical media. Kids really don't have a place in GTA, and animals don't either unless it's a horse you are riding or animals in some exotic crime boss's cutscenes or something.

Wasn't San Andreas supposed to have horse? I don't know, but it did get some features of Red Dead Revolver and Manhunt.

Oh yeah because bowling, playing darts, and watching comedy shows just scream homosidal Murder huh? Everything in GTA doesn't have to be there so you kill it. Just adding kids would be a major step for the series by increasing the atmostsphere.

@acid-13And who cares if a modder makes them killable? R*'s not responible for that. Someone could do that sh*t right now if they wanted too. Honestly you all seem to be scared of the media as if they can ban GTA? Did they ban it in 2001? NO and with courts supporting the sale of GTA in America without government interferance who cares? Now if you live in Australia your always f*cked anyway.

YoungBreezy
  • YoungBreezy

The New OG Loc

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:18 AM

I'd like to see police dogs that bite you in the balls.

AciD_013
  • AciD_013

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:32 AM Edited by AciD_013, 10 January 2010 - 06:37 AM.

QUOTE (supermortalhuman)

@acid-13And who cares if a modder makes them killable? R*'s not responible for that. Someone could do that sh*t right now if they wanted too. Honestly you all seem to be scared of the media as if they can ban GTA? Did they ban it in 2001? NO and with courts supporting the sale of GTA in America without government interferance who cares? Now if you live in Australia your always f*cked anyway.

They didn't ban it globally in 2001. However, it did get banned and un-shelved in lots of places.
San Andreas' ESRB rating changed to AO with the release of the infamous Hot Coffee mod, and so did Oblivion's when they realized that the developers put nipples on the female characters. The Sims got serious flak when they uncovered a small console code that removes the blur, and uncovers what looks like a mannequin's body.
The media is jumpy enough around the releases of the GTA games, no need to get them even more riled up.

Nudity and sex is something we all will encounter, and it's normal. There's nothing wrong with nudity, and honestly, everyone needs to realize that.
Child murders, on the other hand, is not. It's not normal. Not only is it criminal, it's just flat-out sadistic. Factor in child murders into the equation, and you've got a completely different result. No matter what way you spin it, child murders in video games will always have controversy about it.

bellic.luis
  • bellic.luis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:36 AM

i'm 12 and i wanna kill someone just like me!

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Jan 10 2010, 01:51)
QUOTE (supermortalhuman @ Jan 10 2010, 05:46)

Oh yeah because bowling, playing darts, and watching comedy shows just scream homosidal Murder huh? Everything in GTA doesn't have to be there so you kill it. Just adding kids would be a major step for the series by increasing the atmostsphere.

Why wouldn't a criminal go out for a good time? If you notice, you take jobs from criminals at some of those places...

Kids don't belong in gta man.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (AciD_013 @ Jan 10 2010, 06:32)
QUOTE (supermortalhuman)

They didn't ban it globally in 2001. However, it did get banned and un-shelved in lots of places.
San Andreas' ESRB rating changed to AO with the release of the infamous Hot Coffee mod, and so did Oblivion's when they realized that the developers put nipples on the female characters. The Sims got serious flak when they uncovered a small console code that removes the blur, and uncovers what looks like a mannequin's body.
The media is jumpy enough around the releases of the GTA games, no need to get them even more riled up.

Nudity and sex is something we all will encounter, and it's normal. There's nothing wrong with nudity, and honestly, everyone needs to realize that.
Child murders, on the other hand, is not. It's not normal. Not only is it criminal, it's just flat-out sadistic. Factor in child murders into the equation, and you've got a completely different result. No matter what way you spin it, child murders in video games will always have controversy about it.

No one is talking about Child murder. Just having them in game...

AciD_013
  • AciD_013

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:25 AM

Like I said before, if you put them in-game, they will eventually be kill-able.

hellknightdemon
  • hellknightdemon

Drummist

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:44 AM

how come the media isnt all over fallout 3 for having children in their game? i dont think having kids in a game with adults is a good idea, youll get the whole pedophile dealio going. animals, okay as long as they arent like defensless and useless they have to have a purpose like dogmeat in fallout 3, they would be used to attack or something, but idk, if they werent there before its probably gonna stay that way

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:44 AM Edited by [email protected], 10 January 2010 - 07:52 AM.

I would like to see kids and animals in the game, but only during cutscenes. Just thinking of being at a mob bosses house while he's having a birthday party for his son or daughter and tells them to go play out back with their friends while him and his "friend" talk for a little bit. Just seems interesting to me, to get a feel of being around kids and offering different characters. Or say you come in contact with a young child in a cutscene that offers, without realizing, some insightfulness or something. I just feel that GTA and R* could expand on this amazing series with simple but very realistic tones. Not everything can be realistic (such as having kids roaming the streets), but the level that this game can be taken too is no where near where it could be. Honestly to me, the whole animal thing really isn't a big deal, I'm an animal lover, but watching them being shot in GTA is no different to me than playing Deer Hunt. I voted "just animals".

drakic
  • drakic

The Rabble Rouser

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:56 AM

It would be a great idea to add animals in GTA, but like everybody said, it would put an end to GTA! However, R* can make them indead, and that is - you can't kill animals, if you try to hit them with a car, car would crash, and animals would be unharmed, if you shoot them, nothing would happen. Something like this would be great, and wouldn't be violent at all, don't you think?

AciD_013
  • AciD_013

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (drakic)
It would be a great idea to add animals in GTA, but like everybody said, it would put an end to GTA! However, R* can make them indead, and that is - you can't kill animals, if you try to hit them with a car, car would crash, and animals would be unharmed, if you shoot them, nothing would happen. Something like this would be great, and wouldn't be violent at all, don't you think?

Not really. In my opinion, that completely defeats the immersion, which I assume would be the main reason of putting them in. It's either they can die, or they don't get put in at all, in my opinion. Well, I'd pick the latter, honestly.
An exception to this would be FO3. They added un-killable kids in Fallout 3, but IMO, they had to. Kids were a vital part of FO1 and FO2, and just sort of became a crucial part of the Fallout world.

In GTA, I wouldn't mind having both of them in, but as I said before, only during cutscenes. I don't want to accidentally flip my car and land on top of a kid walking his dog. Srsly.

TargetTango
  • TargetTango

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:12 AM

Kids in GTA= lawsuits up the ass. But animals would be pretty cool, like K9 dogs that chase u, and rip your face apart till u die devil.gif

AciD_013
  • AciD_013

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (TangoTarget)
Kids in GTA= lawsuits up the ass. But animals would be pretty cool, like K9 dogs that chase u, and rip your face apart till u die devil.gif

Oh god, that'd be such a bitch to have to run from.

RomanViking
  • RomanViking

Labyrinth

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:20 AM

Like [email protected] posted above, kids would be acceptable in cutscenes.

The murder of children is universally regarded as much worse than the already unthinkable murder of an adult. And an adult killing a child is like 10 times worse still.

Even if it was stated over and over that killing that little boy on the corner is 100% the player's choice, the media would always twist it and make it out to be the whole objective of the game.

---------------------------------

Animals like deer and bears would add a lot to forests though. If controversy arose, just point at Oblivion. or any number of hunting videogames, or hunting in REAL LIFE cool.gif

I voted for animals only.

drakic
  • drakic

The Rabble Rouser

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (TargetTango @ Jan 10 2010, 10:12)

That's the exact reason why R* won't put animals and kids in GTA, everyone will get sick ideas, and will attract media attention, and that GTA would be banned. So either would be indead animals, or something like in Oblivion.

SirPsychoSexy
  • SirPsychoSexy

The Poet

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (bellic.luis @ Jan 10 2010, 06:36)

If you're 12, get out of here. Welcome back in about 5 years. If kids like you play GTA, then I can understand some of the anxiety of people like Jack Thompson.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (SirPsychoSexy @ Jan 10 2010, 11:45)
QUOTE (bellic.luis @ Jan 10 2010, 06:36)

If you're 12, get out of here. Welcome back in about 5 years. If kids like you play GTA, then I can understand some of the anxiety of people like Jack Thompson.

It's not his fault, it's his moronic parents.

I swear, if you wanted a line that seperates idiots from normal people, this argument does the job nicely. On one side you have people that understands that children will never exist in the world of GTA, and understand why. On the other side, you have idiots.

Kids appearing in cut scenes would be fine and probably add to the immersion and realism. Up until they are modded into the open game-world.

Bleedblack
  • Bleedblack

Disturbed

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:48 PM Edited by Bleedblack, 10 January 2010 - 12:53 PM.

I agree for both animals and children, sure there's lots of sick executions and stuff, but werent they in GTA IV with Mikhail Faustin and Dimitri Rascalov?

I would love to run down children in my 4x4, lol. Call me sadistic if you like, but if you play GTA, You would realise that killing adults is pretty much the same, They all bounce off your hood in the end.

I think that executions on children (Cutscenes and stuff) would be wrong though.

If a GTA Game has Cats in it though, i will never use another explosive weapon again. Seriously. Stick to Dogs, Birds, and Other animals. No Cats. Please cryani.gif

I believe im going to be flamed for the phrase "They all bounce off your hood", But whatever. Flamers don't bother me.

EDIT: I just read the last post, I would be better if they were in cutscenes only and were left open for modders to mod them into the game, then players have a choice weather to play with kids(EDIT2: And animals. Forgot that, Lol) on the street or not, Nice idea there. Cookie for you cookie.gif

EDIT3: The animals should be dangerous, So dogs can pounce on you if you shoot at them and piss them off, And take quite a bit of health from you.

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

You feel there is more wrong with killing cats in a game than killing children in a game?

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Drunken Cowboy. He hit the throttle harder than the rest of us.

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:55 PM

I used to find the idea disturbing, but when I think about it why would it be? It's just a video game. I would NEVER harm an innocent child, or animal in person, but in a game like GTA I have to admit it would be fun than just hunting down typicial adult peds.

I agree with Bleedback executions of children in story cutscenes would f**ked up though. There would have to be a line drawn.

Bleedblack
  • Bleedblack

Disturbed

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (reform @ Jan 10 2010, 12:54)

You feel there is more wrong with killing cats in a game than killing children in a game?

Hah! Its probably because im a cat lover moto_whistle.gif

Anyway, i don't see many cats on the streets of England. 4 per year? If there were cats, there would have to be very rare, Perhaps cats could be the new hidden packages! You have to find them around the game world and feed them cat food. Like pigeons except not so violent! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Now that i think about it, it would be kind of stupid, but hey, i think it could work.

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:14 PM

I'd like animals that can put up a fight, like attack dogs, bears, wolves, bigfoot (lol), sharks, etc. and I also wouldn't mind animals which are considered vermin, which so far are also the only animals to apear in GTA.

I remember there were actually a lot of sea creatures in VC and SA, but you couldn't hurt any of them. I'd rather they just didn't put them in than do that again.

Bleedblack
  • Bleedblack

Disturbed

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (reform @ Jan 10 2010, 13:14)
I'd like animals that can put up a fight, like attack dogs, bears, wolves, bigfoot (lol), sharks, etc. and I also wouldn't mind animals which are considered vermin, which so far are also the only animals to apear in GTA.

I remember there were actually a lot of sea creatures in VC and SA, but you couldn't hurt any of them. I'd rather they just didn't put them in than do that again.

Yeah, Police Dogs would be really good, Wolves and bears.. Maybe in the countryside areas? Bigfoot, Lol, Sea animals would make swimming a chore, dodging all the sharks, what if you want to skydive over the sea? Birds would be good, Maybe grab one as you are skydiving and bring it to the ground and keep it as a pet(Lol)! Vermin would be good,such as rats in the subways and stuff

Ooh, what about insects? Bee's and wasps would be good, not hurtful, just flying around, kinda like the sharks in SA.

I don't think that hostile sea creatures would be good, but anything else would be ok.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Jan 9 2010, 23:19)
f*ck it, ya know. It's GTA. I wanna be able to kill dogs, cats, goats, cows, mooses (meese?), teenagers, children, even babies. I want to be able to walk into a hospital and just drop a grenade in the baby room. It's so messed up, but DAMNIT THIS IS AMERICA!

meese? your amercian flag speaks volumes about you sarcasm.gif

ha ha, sorry but this is a classic post. I'm going to remember this

Bleedblack
  • Bleedblack

Disturbed

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ Jan 10 2010, 13:19)
QUOTE (akavari112 @ Jan 9 2010, 23:19)
f*ck it, ya know. It's GTA. I wanna be able to kill dogs, cats, goats, cows, mooses (meese?), teenagers, children, even babies. I want to be able to walk into a hospital and just drop a grenade in the baby room. It's so messed up, but DAMNIT THIS IS AMERICA!

meese? your amercian flag speaks volumes about you sarcasm.gif

ha ha, sorry but this is a classic post. I'm going to remember this

It's America, Therefore, killing babies in games is OK.

Children maybe, but babies? You're f*cked up man.

krashdown
  • krashdown

PSN: Krashdown_

• D1RTY12
  • Australia

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

I think that kids should be in the game... but they should make it so that you cannot kill them, Like in fallout 3.

As for animals, i think that they should be in it too and killable. GTAIV has already had the pigeons from the flyingrat achievement and you can kill dogs in call of duty.... if gta doesn't have something morally objectionable that another game already has than i don't think i want to be playing it bored.gif

mubd
  • mubd

Comfort Wipe Pedaler

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:18 PM

You would have to have some extreme wanted level for a child murder.
Ten stars-Pay & Spray refuses to respray your car, pedestrians attack you, cops will demolish buildings just to get to you.

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (mubd @ Jan 10 2010, 14:18)
You would have to have some extreme wanted level for a child murder.
Ten stars-Pay & Spray refuses to respray your car, pedestrians attack you, cops will demolish buildings just to get to you.

See. This would suck if you were to say kill a child by accident. Please R*, I know you're doing this already, but no children in GTA gameplay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users