Quantcast

» «
Photo

Animals and Children, why not?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,520 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want animals and children in the GTA NeXt? (3868 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want animals and children in the GTA NeXt?

1. Just Animals (1394 votes [39.56%])

Percentage of vote: 39.56%

2. Just Children (90 votes [2.55%])

Percentage of vote: 2.55%

3. Both Animals and Children (1544 votes [43.81%])

Percentage of vote: 43.81%

4. None (496 votes [14.07%])

Percentage of vote: 14.07%

Vote
MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:56 PM

Well, we had some animals, and those are birds over the sky. We had only one child to see, Louise's baby in VCS. But, any GTA city (especially LS and NYC) feels so unrealistic to me without children walking down the street. Some kids playing stickball in an alley would make it a lot realistic, wouldn't it? The basketball courts should be filled with boys playing basketball. Also, if there is some martial arts school in the city, wouldn't it be good to see, for example, students practicing outside in the yard.

We could also see a mother telling her son/daughter to go and get some groceries. Or we could see a comical situation: a pedestrian yells at a dog and hits him with his stick, and dog bites him in the leg. We could see a pigeon sh*t on a guy's car, the guy sees it and, mad, throws a rock at the pigeon.

Also it would be nice to see children of all ages. Like seeing a man and a woman going through town. The woman is holding a baby, and father is talking to his teenager son. We could also see father picking up his kid from school, or see two boys fighting in a schoolyard. Then the teacher comes and, shouting, separates them. (I wonder what would be if we kill the teacher?).

I don't know about killing children and animals, but I'd like if they make, for example, that when you point your gun at a kid, the aiming stops and you can't aim at a kid, nor kill him. If you throw a grenade, no matter if kid is caught in the blast, he's intact.

So, what do you guys say, could this work? I hope so!

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

I voted for both but I very much doubt it will ever happen. I agree it would make it more realistic and I personally don't have any more of a problem slaughtering computer generated children than adults.

Problem is the media would jump all over it and thegame would probably get banned or something. It would upgraded from a "murder simulator" to a child killing simulator. Jack Thompson-esque characters claiming you play as a paedophile and role is kidnap and abuse kids when not shooting up schools. And I'm sure stupid animal rights groups would complain too.
  • m00n_Chaser likes this

SirPsychoSexy
  • SirPsychoSexy

The Poet

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:34 PM

I've thought about this, and I have to say no.

Children worked well in Fable, but with the guns and stuff we use in GTA, there would be too many opportunities for sick people to perform executions on them or school massacres or something like that sh*t. It would add to the life and realism of the locations though.

As for animals, GTA is based mainly in cities and metropolitan areas, what animals are there really in those places except for pets? If they do countryside I guess seeing some horses or cows or something would be fun, but again, people would do sick stuff.

The game could get banned, and I don't like the idea of players doing crazy stuff to children or animals, not humans really either, (I know most players probably don't feel like me, but when I play games like GTA I try to keep the civilian casulties low and try not to kill too many cops, only bad guys).

So even though it would add life and realism I have to say no to both.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

But if there were kids, it would imply that you could kill them. Then all those stupid news reports that try to make gta sound bad will have even more ammunition against gta.

"In the new GTA you can hire a prostitute, kill her, then kill a child, then bomb a car" it will make GTA sound even worse and possibly banned. Drugs have potential in GTA but children or animals, nah

NinjaHorse
  • NinjaHorse

GTA addict.

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ Jan 9 2010, 19:38)
But if there were kids, it would imply that you could kill them. Then all those stupid news reports that try to make gta sound bad will have even more ammunition against gta.

"In the new GTA you can hire a prostitute, kill her, then kill a child, then bomb a car" it will make GTA sound even worse and possibly banned. Drugs have potential in GTA but children or animals, nah

agreed. the media will use this as another excuse to try and bring down GTA.

SanAndreasManiac
  • SanAndreasManiac

Now I am become death, destroyer of the worlds

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (SirPsychoSexy @ Jan 9 2010, 16:34)
I've thought about this, and I have to say no.

Children worked well in Fable, but with the guns and stuff we use in GTA, there would be too many opportunities for sick people to perform executions on them or school massacres or something like that sh*t. It would add to the life and realism of the locations though.

As for animals, GTA is based mainly in cities and metropolitan areas, what animals are there really in those places except for pets? If they do countryside I guess seeing some horses or cows or something would be fun, but again, people would do sick stuff.

The game could get banned, and I don't like the idea of players doing crazy stuff to children or animals, not humans really either, (I know most players probably don't feel like me, but when I play games like GTA I try to keep the civilian casulties low and try not to kill too many cops, only bad guys).

So even though it would add life and realism I have to say no to both.

but in a game in wich you already can do sick stuff to adult people, why not?

I voted both, btw

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:07 PM Edited by SLAYERMAGGOT, 09 January 2010 - 08:12 PM.

Seriously a GTA game without kids and animals is unrealistic, but if they would put they in, they could be killed and the media would hype the game and it'll be fastly banned and that is what Rockstar Games doesn't want.

Also it would be stupid if you could aim at kids/animals but don't shoot, i mean why the f*ck would you even want to aim a f*cking gun at a kid or animal, it's just SICK. And what about if you drive with a car and hit a kid/animal, should it be like a wall and just stand where it is and doesn't move? Also pretty stupid and senseless.

I mean dogs/cats aren't that bad, look for example Postal 2 (very sick game), you can kill dogs/cats too (even use cats as silencer xD). But maybe some animal liberationist would like to get the game banned for this then. Also Postal 2 is banned in some countries (in germany for example).

The last action game i played where kids were included was Boiling Point, but overall you can't compare it to GTA IV, since this game isn't that real and it's atmosphere is something different to GTA IV.

I don't think we will ever see a GTA with kids/animals and i think it's better for several reasons.

Also there were never handicaped people in any GTA and i'm glad they didn't thought about putting them in...

As the average gusy i voted for none btw

leeg1931
  • leeg1931

That's what she said.

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

Here's an idea, why not add cripples and blind people too??

lol

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (leeg1931 @ Jan 9 2010, 22:09)

lol

With handicaped people i meant them too, but i think that would be f*cking stupid to include them in the next GTA, they can't anything for handicap and if you want to kill them for that you need to be a f*cking psychopath.

leeg1931
  • leeg1931

That's what she said.

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT @ Jan 9 2010, 20:14)

lol

With handicaped people i meant them too, but i think that would be f*cking stupid to include them in the next GTA, they can't anything for handicap and if you want to kill them for that you need to be a f*cking psychopath.

I was being sarcstic, I didn't mean it

I'm assuming by you're national flag there that English isn't you're 1st language

And you're right handicaps would be sick but childeren would be equally sick, IMO

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:59 PM

Both but like Fallout 3 children you can't kill them. Not that I care but that's the only way to get it pass the ESRB. Animals would be great, police dogs colgate.gif , or bears in the countryside. And really whats the difference between shooting an old lady with a cane in the face and killing a kid the same way?

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

One of these days I'm gonna get organezized

• Zaibatsu
  • England

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

Maybe animals, but never both. and certainly not children, if this happened it would spell the end of the GTA franchise, without a doubt.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

Putting kids in a GTA game is just a f*cking bad idea, and if you can't understand why, then you're basically an idiot.
  • alex3 and KidAmnesiac42 like this

leeg1931
  • leeg1931

That's what she said.

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (reform @ Jan 9 2010, 21:37)
Putting kids in a GTA game is just a f*cking bad idea, and if you can't understand why, then you're basically an idiot.

I'll second that

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:41 PM

Ever heard of Flying Rats? Or seagulls?
They blow up with feathery goodness smile.gif .

Also, in Far Cry 2 I used to always snipe animals that were running around.

BULLETSP0NGE
  • BULLETSP0NGE

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:42 PM

Police attack dogs would be fun and stray animals on the streets and maybe in the woods/countryside would make the setting more alive and realistic. Animals could be killed.

Children would make the game more realistic but hopefully you couldn't kill them. It's not that it bothers me I just don't want to hear people bitch.

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

Children: No. I just view both possible options (killable, unkillable) as wrong. If killable, it'll be a massive controversy, possible bans and I, for one, will find it wrong and disturbing, especially if it was below puberty. It'll remove the lighthearded, comedic touch of rampages in my opinion. And if unkillable, it'll be unrealistic and stupid, and the likes of Jack Thompson and Hillary Cliton will just act like kids are killable anyway. Children in cutscenes or otherwise unreachable? Yes.

Animals: Maybe. Combat dogs and those annoying yappy celebrity accessory dogs deserve GTA treatment. Farm animals, maybe, if it was an appropriate setting. Other animals, not sure.

maxopower
  • maxopower

I believe!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

Animals, Yes. But killing kids is too much. The controversial would be too much. If you could kill kids, then you might as well have the option to kill Obama.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:19 PM

f*ck it, ya know. It's GTA. I wanna be able to kill dogs, cats, goats, cows, mooses (meese?), teenagers, children, even babies. I want to be able to walk into a hospital and just drop a grenade in the baby room. It's so messed up, but DAMNIT THIS IS AMERICA!

SirPsychoSexy
  • SirPsychoSexy

The Poet

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Jan 9 2010, 23:19)
f*ck it, ya know. It's GTA. I wanna be able to kill dogs, cats, goats, cows, mooses (meese?), teenagers, children, even babies. I want to be able to walk into a hospital and just drop a grenade in the baby room. It's so messed up, but DAMNIT THIS IS AMERICA!

Well, that's not the America I know and not an America I want to live in! Although I'm from Europe, so who give a dime.
Remember GTA is developed by the Scottish.

And you sir, are just a sick human being. Please get help. Or not. Because you're in America.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:52 PM

I really wanted to kill some of those kids in Fallout 3. Killing handicapped people would be pretty funny.

SirPsychoSexy
  • SirPsychoSexy

The Poet

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (WF the Hobgoblin @ Jan 9 2010, 23:52)
I really wanted to kill some of those kids in Fallout 3. Killing handicapped people would be pretty funny.

I rest my case. You're the reason R* shouldn't put either children or animals into a GTA game.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:13 AM

In my opinion, there is a place for childkilling in the Fallout series (mainly speaking about 1 and 2 here, but could apply to 3 as well.) There are a lot more consequences for murder in the Fallout series, especially childkilling, and unlike GTA you are not forced to be a crook.

ps2_master94
  • ps2_master94

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:22 AM

I dont really see the point of killing kids, other than people WANTING to start controversy.

Thatguy238
  • Thatguy238

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:34 AM Edited by Thatguy238, 10 January 2010 - 02:36 AM.

I highly doubt that the reason Rockstar hasn't included children is only to avoid controversy (because we all know how much Rockstar hates controversy... durp) but because they simply choose not to for a matter of taste.

Fictional violence works with adults towards other adults. It also works with kids towards other kids or kids towards adults. But when you try it adults towards kids, it completely falls apart, for obvious reasons. It is no longer amusing and hilarious, it simply does not work. It's really just a matter of humor, because after all that's what GTA's entire sandbox is designed to revolve around, making you laugh. A man throws a rock at another man. Har har har. A man throws a rock at a little kid. Nope, not funny.

Animals? Sure, why not.

vincentmillidge
  • vincentmillidge

vincent millidge III

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:01 AM

youll never be allowed to have kids in a game thats just asking for trouble, teenagers yes children no definetly not.more animals should be in the game you get to shoot pigeons why not feral dogs or rats or beat a horse to death with a base ball bat.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (General Goose @ Jan 9 2010, 22:31)
Children: No. I just view both possible options (killable, unkillable) as wrong. If killable, it'll be a massive controversy, possible bans and I, for one, will find it wrong and disturbing, especially if it was below puberty. It'll remove the lighthearded, comedic touch of rampages in my opinion. And if unkillable, it'll be unrealistic and stupid, and the likes of Jack Thompson and Hillary Cliton will just act like kids are killable anyway. Children in cutscenes or otherwise unreachable? Yes.

Animals: Maybe. Combat dogs and those annoying yappy celebrity accessory dogs deserve GTA treatment. Farm animals, maybe, if it was an appropriate setting. Other animals, not sure.

Wait Wait Wait there where unkillable kids in Fallout and no one cared. And also who gives a sh*t about Hillary Clition or controvetrsy? They made GTA 3 sell, millions of more copies, from pure controvesty I would think. I say add unkillable kids. It more unrealstic to have a city of 8 million people, school buses, playgrounds and never see ONE child. Then add to the fact you can't kill main story characters either but they are their. You can't destory buildings but they're there too. So they would add too the atmostsphere. Think of seeing little straving children if it's set in A second or third world country. That would be an emotional side effect you can't add by just killing people.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:35 AM

By controversy, I meant the game may bloody well get banned. Or edited heavily. And unkillable kids will just be unrealistic, stupid and annoying. Sure, Fallout 1 and 2 had killable kids, but that was an isometric RPG with unrealistic graphics and severe consequences for childkilling that wouldn't be possible in the world of GTA.

SanAndreasManiac
  • SanAndreasManiac

Now I am become death, destroyer of the worlds

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT @ Jan 9 2010, 17:14)

lol

forgot about Woozie??

GTA_getaway_driver
  • GTA_getaway_driver

They see me Rollin'

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:27 AM

Children: f*ck NO
Animals: it's okay, it was allowed in Call of Duty Modern Warfare.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users