Photo

Advice for Final Mission

8 replies to this topic
mcman12
  • mcman12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:21 PM

Try as I might, I cannot f'n beat the last mission of the game without cheats, etc. I'm playing on Xbox and the aiming sucks with pretty much every gun you can get. I've even tried driving all the way back to Ammu-nation to get a sniper rifle so I can just pick guys off, but that leaves me with less than 2 minutes to get through the dam....and that's if I get there and back with no problems. Does anyone have any advice? I've watched people do it on Youtube and it looks like the aiming is much easier on PS2. Am I wrong? Help!

drakic
  • drakic

The Rabble Rouser

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

As soon as the Claude hits that Colombian in the cutscene to get a gun, run off quickly for cover. Then kill the two Colombians chasing you by hiding behind a wall and shooting as a suprise. After that, simply go below those 2 Colombians on the windows, and shoot them from under. Then take the Cartel Cruiser and drive quickly to the dam. I think you'll find a sniper rifle near the mansion. Use the sniper to snipe a few Colombians on the dam, and shoot at the red barrels to blow up Colombian Trucks, they're dangerous! When everyone's gone, and Catalina flies away in the Chopper, make sure you use the Rocket Launcher wisely, and shoot it down, try to shoot it when it stands near you. Hope this helps. colgate.gif

mcman12
  • mcman12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:10 AM

Thanks; I knew I had to do that, I just couldn't get it done with the aiming on Xbox. Luckily, I realized the guns from the cartel guys could aim a little better than some other guns and I got up on a balcony and picked people off, so that really helped. Long story short, I did it! Thanks!

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:50 AM

The way I always beat this mission, is right after you get out of the gates of the Colombian cartel's mansion, drive to your Shoreside safe house, and collect all the Hidden Package pick ups out side-(you should have ALL the weapons in the game spawning at your safe houses by this point, since it is the last mission). You also have an Armor spawn at your safe house as well, which makes this a "one stop" shop. This will make the fight at the dam and the Heli take down part A LOT easier. Hope this helps.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Jan 10 2010, 06:50)
The way I always beat this mission, is right after you get out of the gates of the Colombian cartel's mansion, drive to your Shoreside safe house, and collect all the Hidden Package pick ups out side-(you should have ALL the weapons in the game spawning at your safe houses by this point, since it is the last mission). You also have an Armor spawn at your safe house as well, which makes this a "one stop" shop. This will make the fight at the dam and the Heli take down part A LOT easier. Hope this helps.

I was going to say this.

This.

James_Earl_Cash
  • James_Earl_Cash

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:46 PM

You don't have to do all the hidden packages for access to the last mission. That's ludicrous. You can get an M16, Rocket Launcher, and Sniper Rifle on the way to the dam, through hidden pickups. The RL is on the roof of Toni's house in LCS. Jump from the grass behind the garage to make in onto there. The M16 is on the porch of one of the houses in Cedar Grove. The SR is hidden in some bushes near the main section of the dam, on the way down the dirt track.

JamalG
  • JamalG

King Jamal

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:49 PM

im always using the bulletproof hummer, which Ray gave u after u get him to airport...

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (James_Earl_Cash @ Jan 31 2010, 07:46)
You don't have to do all the hidden packages for access to the last mission. That's ludicrous. You can get an M16, Rocket Launcher, and Sniper Rifle on the way to the dam, through hidden pickups. The RL is on the roof of Toni's house in LCS. Jump from the grass behind the garage to make in onto there. The M16 is on the porch of one of the houses in Cedar Grove. The SR is hidden in some bushes near the main section of the dam, on the way down the dirt track.

yeah, but the Hidden Package pick ups yield higher ammo counts per pick-up, and saves time from having to go here, there, and wherever just to find a weapon/armor. Besides, the Hidden Packages are required for 100% completion, so they must be done, and since this is the last mission, they should already be done by this point anyway. Just a heads up.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:52 PM

here is my video:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users