Random Technology Questions

3,632 replies to this topic
Natasha
  • Natasha

Playa

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago

I've covered every unimportant hole in the case with a piece of cardboard, and also changed the standard wire dust filters for a carbon one, typically used in exhaust hoods in kitchens​. That helped a lot, but it also increased the temperatures slightly.

Yeah there's a fine line between saving dust build up and trying not to increase the temperature too much!

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 3 days ago

I usually give a quick clean of the filters about once every two weeks, and then usually every couple of months give it right good clean.  I usually strip the whole rig down and get into the nook and crannies with small make-up brushes to loosen up any stubborn dust, clean off any fan blades and heat sinks and then give the whole thing a hose down with an air duster.  On that subject I've just got myself a proper electric air-duster ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/ITdusters-com-EGP-COM-011-CompuCleaner-Electric-Duster/dp/B00S7CH6FK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1490400094&sr=8-6&keywords=air+duster ), and I plan to give it a good dust out this weekend, since finally, it's suppose to be nice weather so I can take this thing outside and give the clean it needs.

As for keeping the side panels off, that is unbelievably inefficient, as most cases are designed with optimal airflow in mind.

• Audi likes this

Audi
  • Audi

Bastion Main

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Thanks for the tips everyone  :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users