Random Questions...v2.0

2,844 replies to this topic
aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

So, I bought a phone from my friend yesterday, Huawei Ideos X1 U8180, which works pretty flawless.

Though there's one thing, the headphone's won't work on it. Phone does recognize that there are headphones plugged in, but it won't give any signal to the headphones. Any suggestions?

For testing I've used Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset, this one.

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

So which one's better between that new GTX 650 Ti Boost and the current GTX 660 Ti?

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Vette pass by, errbody looking

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

The 660 Ti has better performance but is more expensive. The 650 Ti Boost is aimed to compete with the AMD 7850 and is around £130 in the UK. The 660 Ti is about £210.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

So i've been having this fairly frustrating issue with my cell phone. its a Huawei Ascend 2 through Cricket Wireless. Basically whats going on is that its stuck on a black screen with "FTM Mode" in yellow letters. Its been that way for 8 hours now and have absolutely NO idea how the f*ck to fix it.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

At home I have two Xboxes connected to a BT HomeHub 3 router through ethernet. Thing is the NAT type will always end up going to moderate meaning I can't connect to games and party chat. I have tried having one console DMZ enabled but it still goes to moderate. Static IP addresses don't work and I'm now starting to pull my hair out. Is there some sort of firewall on my modem?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

It has been ages since driver updates have come out for the latest amd cards. Was wondering where to find the catalyist beta drivers that I've heared about 7900 series card! I would prefer an official link if possible.

Evil.Tim
  • Evil.Tim

The Hornet

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

I'm trying to set up my microphone that worked flawlessly before I reinstalled Windows 7. In the sound and hardware section, the mic is detected, but it doesn't "hear" anything. Well, almost anything. Strangely enough, it records a faint sound from my headphones (the mic is part of the headset), but it doesn't hear my voice or anything else. When I look at the green bars showing if the mic is hearing anything, one bar is lit up when I play music from the headphones, but I can scream as much as I want and it doesn't hear me. I thought it might have been me mixing up some audio wires, but I've triple checked them and they're all in place. What else can I try?

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 23:47)
The 660 Ti has better performance but is more expensive. The 650 Ti Boost is aimed to compete with the AMD 7850 and is around £130 in the UK. The 660 Ti is about £210.

Alright, so I decided to get the 660 Ti instead. How much PSU wattage do you recommend? My CPU's an i7 3770K 4.5GHz and an ASUS P8H61-1 for the motherboard btw.

Is 600 enough?

xI Jakk Ix
  • xI Jakk Ix

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 11:11)
QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 23:47)

Alright, so I decided to get the 660 Ti instead. How much PSU wattage do you recommend? My CPU's an i7 3770K 4.5GHz and an ASUS P8H61-1 for the motherboard btw.

Is 600 enough?

My Corsair TX650M can handle a 3570k and a GTX 670 (SLI if I wanted), so I'm sure 600 is enough for a 660 Ti.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award
    Helpfulness Award [Technology]

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:17 PM Edited by yojo2, 31 March 2013 - 01:09 PM.

Even a proper 400W would do to be honest.

AlfieWilRus
  • AlfieWilRus

I don't know what this is

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Which one is better for overclocking?

MSI Afterburner or nVidia Inspector.

I'm new to overclocking and I'm going to get a new graphics card soon, so I decided I'll learn over clocking on my current one so I won't be in too much trouble if I f*ck up entirely.

I'm currently using nVidia Inspector, but I'm not sure which one would be better to use.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 06:41)
It has been ages since driver updates have come out for the latest amd cards. Was wondering where to find the catalyist beta drivers that I've heared about 7900 series card! I would prefer an official link if possible.

What Catalyst do you want? I use 12.11 beta and it works just fine.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 08:41)
It has been ages since driver updates have come out for the  latest amd cards. Was wondering where to find the catalyist beta drivers that I've heared about 7900 series card! I would prefer an official link if possible.

The latest beta driver was released on March 19th so just 12 days ago as you can see on the official website.

I have used the following parameters; Desktop Graphics-->Radeon HD Series-->Radeon HD 7xxx Series PCIe-->Windows 7 - 64Bit!

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 03:25)
At home I have two Xboxes connected to a BT HomeHub 3 router through ethernet. Thing is the NAT type will always end up going to moderate meaning I can't connect to games and party chat. I have tried having one console DMZ enabled but it still goes to moderate. Static IP addresses don't work and I'm now starting to pull my hair out. Is there some sort of firewall on my modem?

From the BT website.

http://bt.custhelp.c...ou-have-a-hub-3

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:50 AM Edited by illegal_luggage, 03 April 2013 - 11:46 AM.

Cheers Finn. NAT has stayed open so far and my router has been on for quite a while.

@Alfie MSI Afterburner is really good but I have no experience with Nvidia's own utility. I assume both work the same

Does anyone have a clue what went wrong here when I sent an email?
user posted image

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

I have the Logitech Z523 2.1 speaker system and I've lost the power cable, my question is are these power cables manufactured and sold by themselves? I'd hate to spend 50+ on another set of speakers just because I lost the cable but I can't go without a pair either...

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (Cheat @ Friday, Apr 5 2013, 12:21)
I have the Logitech Z523 2.1 speaker system and I've lost the power cable, my question is are these power cables manufactured and sold by themselves? I'd hate to spend 50+ on another set of speakers just because I lost the cable but I can't go without a pair either...

I've tried looking on the Logitech website to see if I can see the manuals or images of the back panel, but their website is a chocolate teapot and I can't find any images of the back connector panel.

But usually power cables are fairly standard, I would imagine on a setup like that it would be either one of the following

Figure-8
user posted image
http://79.170.44.82/...log/19-1073.jpg

DC Connector, which will lead to a transformer plug or transformer box, available in different sizes and two differing polarities
user posted image
http://shop.rabtron......lug 3.5mm.jpg
user posted image
http://www.cyberpowe...qs/phnsvr02.jpg

IEC lead (or Kettle plug)
user posted image
http://i01.i.aliimg....C13_and_C14.jpg

If it's either of those then they are standard connectors and spares can be purchased in some stores or do an internet search.

If it's none of those then have you got any more detail on the type of connector is on the unit.

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Thanks heaps but I ran into the cable about a minute after posting. Typical.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Cheat @ Friday, Apr 5 2013, 17:25)
Thanks heaps but I ran into the cable about a minute after posting. Typical.

No Probs, mind if I talk about that missing winning lottery ticket, perhaps the same will happen and I'll find it after posting this.

M.A.K
  • M.A.K

Religion! ... Cause of Peace & War.

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hey guys, I got a Nokia Asha 200, the phone works nicely although there's one problem, the key's are wrongly mapped, like they aren't where they should be ..? any help?

EDMEISTERX
  • EDMEISTERX

My gun is my word,uncensored of course.

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

There is a problem : My PC won't turn on.Last night it took some time and various button presses to turn it on,but now it just won't turn on no matter what I try.Help ?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (EDMEISTERX @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 16:52)
There is a problem : My PC won't turn on.Last night it took some time and various button presses to turn it on,but now it just won't turn on no matter what I try.Help ?

If it's not turning on it's your Power Supply, or your outlet. Have you tried plugging it in somewhere else?

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

This might sound strange but I recently had a case just like this with a slightly unusual cause, at least for my customers.

Funny thing is that was actually my first guess. Thing is I built a new gaming PC (onboard GPU only for the time being) for a friend of mine a while ago, everything always worked fine.

Then he decided he needed a nice new GPU and bought a Geforce 650 or something. Anyway, he told me he'd moved the PC around a lot, showing off the raw power to his buddies who never saw anything but console graphics.

Got it? Yeah. The CPU cooler had loosened slightly because he wasn't careful enough transporting it. The heavy duty Arctic Silver paste had glued CPU and cooler together so tight that once when he had to break sharply (or so I imagine) the cooler actually pulled the CPU out of its socket. It was one of those classic style AMD Hexacores with pins on the bottom.

So one day it just wouldn't turn on even though it would just fine the night before. So he came to me, told me he was driving the PC around, I opened it and bang, I could actually see some of the pins of the CPU from the side of the mobo.

Took everything apart, new thermal paste, booted right away, worked again since then. I told him to always wedge the PC in between the back and the passenger seat and apparently it works well for him.

Sorry if that's not it but that reminded me of this case.

Other than that the usual, like Erebos said check the power supply from outlet to components. If you know what you're doing or at least trust yourself enough take everything apart and test the components piece by piece, start with only 1 HDD and 1 stick of RAM.

Also google for the Mainboard, some have known issues like those you describe. My friend's board was also claimed to have that issue but like I said it turned out to have been caused by a CPU that wasn't seated correctly anymore.

Do you hear any beeping? Do any fans run? Is there any visual output?

EDMEISTERX
  • EDMEISTERX

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 17:56)

If it's not turning on it's your Power Supply, or your outlet. Have you tried plugging it in somewhere else?

I tried that already,but nothing.A blue light on the side shows that there is a power supply.
@baguvix I don't know enough about PC's,but I checked it anyway.All was fine.

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

Then you'll probably need someone to look at it for you. Sorry.

Oh it might help if you posted your specs though, if you know them. And what about the fans, display and possible beeping?

SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

E: Nvm...

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Using the Logitech Z523 2.1 speakers I was talking about earlier, the sound of the music I'm listening to on my computer is constantly crackling and the quality is pretty low, high and low frequencies don't seem to be working too well together. Anyways when I plug the same speakers to my iPhone, the quality is better. I tried to update my sound driver by going to Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>Sound, video and game controllers>Sound driver>Update driver, but my computer insists that the sound driver is up to date. What could I do to fix the sound?

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

Do you have onboard audio or a dedicated sound card? How are the speakers connected, standard 1 wire to Line-Out? Have you tried headphones or other speakers? Is this a new phenomenon or has it always been like that?

My first guess was bandwidth issue, weird as it sounds but I've experienced that a bunch of times when moving a lot of data around while listening to FLACs. Depends on your hardware if that's possible or not and what you're doing and of course if it's a constant issue but apparently it is so probably something else.

EDMEISTERX
  • EDMEISTERX

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 05:59)
Then you'll probably need someone to look at it for you. Sorry.

Oh it might help if you posted your specs though, if you know them. And what about the fans, display and possible beeping?

Yeah,I'm just gonna get it fixed in a service.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help,though.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Cheat @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 10:39)
Using the Logitech Z523 2.1 speakers I was talking about earlier, the sound of the music I'm listening to on my computer is constantly crackling and the quality is pretty low, high and low frequencies don't seem to be working too well together. Anyways when I plug the same speakers to my iPhone, the quality is better. I tried to update my sound driver by going to Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>Sound, video and game controllers>Sound driver>Update driver, but my computer insists that the sound driver is up to date. What could I do to fix the sound?

What programs are you using to playback music with, and also does this happen if you plug headphones directly into your sound card or audio output, does that still get distortion?

I would try first with headphones, if it's still dong it then that rules out the speakers being knackered. Next I would try playing back using different sources, like Media Player, VLC, Winamp, YouTube videos, Quicktime etc, and see if you get the same result from multiple sources if you do then it could be a hardware issue with the sound card/chip depending on your setup.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users