Photo

EP/FP Rustler acquired

8 replies to this topic
pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:05 AM

Explosionproof plane is just great for fighting Hydras, I wanted one for very long time and finally figured it out.
The method of taking Rustler to Gray Imports mission and back to SF, to garage is unfortunately somewhat complicated to explain, and I feel that my English is not up to the task yet. So instead I prepared two videos for anyone who is interested.

EP/FP Rustler part 1 video link

EP/FP Rustler part 2 video link

A'd like to thank Pdescobar for his "no wanted level missions" guide, and Jheath for his "overpath" method. Without them I would not be able to pull this out.

And I'm curious what you guys think of my taste in music, I realise it is not everyone's piece of cake.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

Well done, pomor. I was particularly impressed by your use of the various traffic exploits. I hadn't considered those before watching your videos.

Interesting choice of music. I don't mind the metal so much, but the vocals... Well, not my piece of cake, as you noted. If at all possible, I suggest trying to recruit recordings from any musicians you might know to avoid having your audio blocked by YouTube.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:02 AM

Quite cunning, I should say.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:06 AM

Great Job but it seems as there may be one or two unnecessary steps.

But here you go cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (GTA_OrionSR @ Jan 6 2010, 22:40)
I suggest trying to recruit recordings from any musicians you might know to avoid having your audio blocked by YouTube.

Thanks for the warning, but while I'm not quite sure on what basis YouTube blocks audio, this music is freely available for download on author's homepage, so I dont think that even the greatest stickler would consider it theft.

QUOTE (GTA_DarrinPA @ Jan 7 2010, 05:06)
Great Job but it seems as there may be one or two unnecessary steps.

I think I do know what you mean, but it woud be incredibly difficult without them.
Like "High Stakes Low Rider"? It ma not be necessary, but it removes Enforcers/SWAT teams and Police cars/shotgun cops from the equation.
And as for "Los Sepulcros", SF airport's gate for some reason would not open for me during "Just business" exploit. Contrary to LS and LV gates...

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:53 AM

While doing my master save file i experimented with getting the rustler to the Doherty garage in 4 star conditions. For some reason, it blows up on the rail tracks before i can go to the grassy area, anyone know why?

Anyway i did it on a non 4 star file as practice and i found a really good way to put it in the garage. Basically you drive parallel to the garage, so the Rustler's tail is just at the end of the garage ( the end away from the street, maybe il make a video hard to explain). When you back up, the garage door opens and the Rustler curves, when you back up with towed vehicles they dont go straight with you, it should hook to the right and slide perfectly into the garage, you could tow it straight out with minimal damage. I might try do this chalange with 4 stars, its all about the landing really when getting out of the airport, i once managed to do it with the Rustler still intact

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Jan 13 2010, 08:53)
While doing my master save file i experimented with getting the rustler to the Doherty garage in 4 star conditions. For some reason, it blows up on the rail tracks before i can go to the grassy area, anyone know why?

It must've been shot at by the cops without you realizing it.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

That cant be it because i was going fast enough for no cops to respawn and i was on an area on the tracks where no cops spawn anyway, no one was chasing me

iLiaWneK
  • iLiaWneK

mentally challenged

• Members

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:21 AM

Very nice!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users