NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

Citizen.Launcher is a launcher (well, duh) which automatically installs/uninstalls modification files. Citizen.Launcher will first copy files into the SA installation folder (in fact, it's a bit more complex - but the details are a bit complicated). Then, it starts SA itself. After SA has exited, CL cleans up all data it has made, making the regular SA usable again.

This tool has both advantages for modification users and modification developers:

Developers
- Easier installation of your modification by users
- No more worries with GTA's .img files
- Easier sharing of modification files with other developers/users

Users
- No more backing up files for every modification
- No manually editing .img files, because it's done automatically

In fact, it can be used both by modification developers to wrap their mods, and by modification users to keep track of multiple mods, or to install a mod without having to back-up every file.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:08 PM

WOW dude that is REALLY cool! I don't currently have a use for it and I tend to use multiple copies of the install dir, but this is some handy little app for mods to GTA SA itself vs TC's and stuff!

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

Oh nice... Can mods installed with this use their own script.img as well?

But Citizen Launcher won't work for me. I get an error as soon as I click on the file. There were no specific installation instructions so I put it in GTASA's root folder...

I've got .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 - Windows XP etc.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Deji @ Jan 7 2010, 21:44)
Oh nice... Can mods installed with this use their own script.img as well?

Yep. smile.gif

But Citizen Launcher won't work for me. I get an error as soon as I click on the file. There were no specific installation instructions so I put it in GTASA's root folder...

I've got .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 - Windows XP etc.

Read the readme.txt, it contains very extensive instructions on how to use your mod with it. wink.gif

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:49 PM

Yeah... I've messed and messed around with things and nothing is changing. It still just says it has an error as soon as I click on the file.

"Citizen.Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

CODE
AppName: citizen.launcher.exe      AppVer: 1.0.0.0     AppStamp:4b4380b9
ModName: kernel32.dll      ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781      ModStamp:49c4f482
fDebug: 0       Offset: 00012afb

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong... Are there any particular files I have to add to the folder? So far my goal is to just let it load San Andreas. No concern for actually loading my mod yet.

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:08 PM

f*ck i got excited thinking it was a gun for IV that you could pick up and launch peds like a rocket launcher... but with ragdolls sad.gif

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Deji @ Jan 8 2010, 18:49)
Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong... Are there any particular files I have to add to the folder? So far my goal is to just let it load San Andreas. No concern for actually loading my mod yet.

You will need to have the .ini file and a correctly setup modification folder for it to actually work - your story seems like you don't have that. Also, it might crash if you use it with a mymod\img folder, but without a file in mymod\img. Sadly I disabled the exception display for this version - but it should work.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:39 PM

Meh... Still having troubles. What am I missing? This is how things are layed out atm...
CODE
MYMOD\
-- install\
---- data\
------ gta.dat
-------- script\
---------- main.scm
---------- script.img
---- models\
------ hud.txd
-------- txd\
---------- vigjus.txd
-- img\
------ dnb1.dff
------ dnb1.txd
-- cache\
-- FixPermissions.exe

Citizen.Loader.exe, Citizen.Loader.ini and Kerr.Vista.dll are all in San Andreas' root folder, next to gta_sa.exe

Here's the Citizen.Loader.ini config:
CODE
; this mod uses the DBNetwork.Citizen.Launcher component.
; do not mess with this file. really. you don't want to
[CitizenLauncher]
DataFolder=MYMOD
UseCityDat=0
DisableHooks=1
InternalConvertDDot=
InternalUseDBNID=0
InternalUseUpdater=0

And this is in gta.dat:
CODE
IMG MYMOD\CACHE\MYMOD.IMG

What's the problem?

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:23 AM

Hm, you must be related to some guy who's banned from GTAF - he strangely is also unable to run CL. Try this debug version and post the output of the error box you get.

(Ctrl+C in the dialog box copies it, if you didn't know already; screenshots are unneeded)

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Flat Face @ Jan 8 2010, 11:08)
f*ck i got excited thinking it was a gun for IV that you could pick up and launch peds like a rocket launcher... but with ragdolls sad.gif

i thought the same thing

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (MinnieMan121249 @ Jan 9 2010, 12:40)
QUOTE (Flat Face @ Jan 8 2010, 11:08)

i thought the same thing

The topic has a SA topic icon, says 'modification launcher' and says 'for SA' in the topic description. How the f*ck you could think this is a mod for IV would be very strange. Still, isn't that the Gravity Gun mod which I remember there should be?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:57 PM

I assume you mean the error signature and not the full thing...

CODE
AppName: citizen.launcher.exe      AppVer: 1.0.0.0     AppStamp:4b484aa1
ModName: kernel32.dll      ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781      ModStamp:49c4f482
fDebug: 0       Offset: 00012afb

Although it is similar to the last report I posted...

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Deji @ Jan 10 2010, 00:57)
I assume you mean the error signature and not the full thing...

CODE
AppName: citizen.launcher.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 AppStamp:4b484aa1
ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781 ModStamp:49c4f482
fDebug: 0 Offset: 00012afb

Although it is similar to the last report I posted...

Wait, the debug version did not show any other message box than Windows' own error handler? Are you sure you used the debug version now? Unless something is really amiss with your CLR (.NET Framework) it should show an error box, containing something a bit like this:

CODE

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Bas\Documents\Downloads\cl-debug\citizen\install'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)

Try it again - and this time make sure you used the debug version (it should have a traffic light icon).

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Jan 10 2010, 08:03)
Wait, the debug version did not show any other message box than Windows' own error handler? Are you sure you used the debug version now? Unless something is really amiss with your CLR (.NET Framework) it should show an error box, containing something a bit like this:

CODE

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Bas\Documents\Downloads\cl-debug\citizen\install'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)

Try it again - and this time make sure you used the debug version (it should have a traffic light icon).

Yeah, ran the debug version. The other one was renamed to have the extension "exe1"...

The windows .Net error shows.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (Deji @ Jan 10 2010, 14:27)
The windows .Net error shows.

Hm, very strange - the debug version should simply output my custom error handler's message. Try these two steps:

1. Make sure you actually have the .NET Framework 3.5 correctly installed.
2. Look at eventvwr.msc (Event Viewer, just start that from Start-Run/WinKey+R) after re-running the launcher, and look in the Application log for a event with as source 'Application Error' and/or 'Windows Error Reporting' around the launcher crash. Open it, and check if the details contain something about Citizen.Launcher. If so, post the entire detail report here.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:56 AM

It says there's a .NET Runtime 2.0 error... Is .NET 2.0 supposed to be involved?

CODE
Faulting application citizen.launcher.exe, version 1.0.0.0, stamp 4b4380b9, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5781, stamp 49c4f482, debug? 0, fault address 0x00012afb.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Deji @ Jan 11 2010, 12:56)
It says there's a .NET Runtime 2.0 error... Is .NET 2.0 supposed to be involved?

CODE
Faulting application citizen.launcher.exe, version 1.0.0.0, stamp 4b4380b9, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5781, stamp 49c4f482, debug? 0, fault address 0x00012afb.

Yes, the .NET Framework 3.5 still uses the 2.0 CLR. I just did some testing on this issue in a freshly installed XP in Virtual PC, and found the issue causing this. The exception handler in the debug version did not catch this, because it occurred in a different thread.

Okay, the solution is (likely) to update your DirectX. A code remain was still in the Launcher doing a graphics capabilities check (once used for Citizen) which causes issues when the old 'Managed DirectX' is not installed.

Also, due to .NET Framework 'CAS' stuff, you can't run Citizen.Launcher from a network drive, or if Windows flagged it as 'from the Internet'. For the last problem, the solution is to click 'Unblock' in the file properties.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:23 PM

Yeah, installing DirectX fixed it.

This is great. A good way to make a TC without requiring users to get rid of their old files. It's particularly great for me since nearly every problem I've had since starting VJ is now gone smile.gif So thanks.

Heh, and I can bask in the glory of being the first modder to release something with this when I next release VJ tounge2.gif

Leonharts_E
  • Leonharts_E

break freee !!!

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:28 AM

i use this to install mods you are here..................

and crashing................................................ suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

can you make some tutorial to install some total conversation mods smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

Nobody likes me here...I think...

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Can you update the mod so that it will run on .NET framework 4.0 ??Please I really need this mod..

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (arijitsen @ Monday, Oct 15 2012, 19:54)
Can you update the mod so that it will run on .NET framework 4.0 ??Please I really need this mod..

Why not just install .NET 3.5? They can be installed side by side.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users