» «
Photo

[IV|BETA|SCR]TrafficFlow

203 replies to this topic
thogan2012
  • thogan2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:25 PM Edited by thogan2012, 11 July 2011 - 03:29 PM.

QUOTE (ikt @ Monday, Jul 11 2011, 14:37)
This isn't going to work, even loading all not-normal cars at traffic density 100 crashes the game after so many minutes of playing.

Well the 1 second cycle may be too much. This is why more than 2 copies of traffic flow running at 15 second interval crashes.

Again, the most simple and effective way to totally randomize traffic is to make a pool of 100+ vehicles and randomly pick 3 of them every X seconds. Basically all you gotta do is to enlarge Trafficflow's pool from its measly 20 vehicles.

Or have multiple pools of maybe 20 vehicles in each pool. Every X seconds, one of those pools will randomly chosen and out of that, 3 vehicles will be picked. This may make it easier to have different classes of vehicles appear together.

EDIT: I'm just brain storming. Of course I'm looking at this from a nontechnical view as I don't know how to script or anything like that. Just want to share my thoughts on how to crack IV's vehicle problems.

ikt
  • ikt

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

Added a massive amount of waits and now the mixture is pretty perfect. I do have traffic density all up to 100 and more cars/peds mod, and it didn't crash (mainly because of waiting one minute after a bunch of cars is loaded).
Trucks spawn, taxis spawn, sports cars spawn. Played 10 minutes, idled 20 minutes and no crashes.

manygirlslikeme
  • manygirlslikeme

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:34 AM

Anyone can upload TrafficFlow mod v5 to other filehosting? like Speedyshare or what? dunno why but i cant access xgweb cry.gif

Driver333
  • Driver333

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

It works wonders, but I am having LOD problems when using this, any fix?

yo5pev
  • yo5pev

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:17 PM

Ok! Can anyone tell me about this low traffic issue. Is it happening because of low memory or what? I only have 1 GB RAM but i've seen people here with 4GB RAM and they still suffer from this traffic stuff. I've also seen in some post that this is a low RAM issue because the game cannot load too much vehicle models into memory and only loads a few then spans them again and again. For example once playing there were only Schafters spawning and sometimes suvs like Cavalcade (Taxis an police cars of course cant be missing from the list). Then i picked up a Cavalcade and only suvs were spawning like Landstalkers and Hunleys and a few other Schafters. This is just an example out of several others. Is it a problem with the game version?
By the way i dont have any vehicle mods installed and i use v 1.0.3 of GTA IV.

ikt
  • ikt

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (yo5pev @ Thursday, Oct 13 2011, 20:17)
Ok! Can anyone tell me about this low traffic issue. Is it happening because of low memory or what? I only have 1 GB RAM but i've seen people here with 4GB RAM and they still suffer from this traffic stuff. I've also seen in some post that this is a low RAM issue because the game cannot load too much vehicle models into memory and only loads a few then spans them again and again. For example once playing there were only Schafters spawning and sometimes suvs like Cavalcade (Taxis an police cars of course cant be missing from the list). Then i picked up a Cavalcade and only suvs were spawning like Landstalkers and Hunleys and a few other Schafters. This is just an example out of several others. Is it a problem with the game version?
By the way i dont have any vehicle mods installed and i use v 1.0.3 of GTA IV.

It is Rockstar not being able to find a solution or a fix for their problems. Loading more than 26 models or so crashes the game, and somehow Rockstar seemingly limited it to 10 different models without making sure other models appear after a while. It doesn't matter what your amount of RAM is and how strong it is, GTA IV will never be able to load more vehicle models.

So, no 50 different cars on screen, never. Every version has this issue.

MarkC9
  • MarkC9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:47 AM Edited by MarkC9, 16 October 2011 - 11:41 PM.

DP

MarkC9
  • MarkC9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:48 PM Edited by MarkC9, 17 October 2011 - 12:35 AM.

Hey guys,
I've been using ikt's "TrafficLoad" for a bit now and I'm having some issues with it. Mainly that even if I set it to load 0 cars or just 1 car, I still get LOD problems and texture lagging. I was wondering; does TrafficFlow as well have the texture load-in issues people are experiencing with the other Traffic mods? Is there a solution to TrafficLoad I am missing?

I've modded about 20 cars in my game. Most "low-res", as in the new car models used are 3MB max and the new car textures used are 1.5MB max. Using TrafficLoad with default vehicles vs. modded vehicles, I experienced very little difference on my performance; it was simply enabling/disabling TrafficLoad that was the big difference. So we can eliminate "modded cars being too HD" as an issue here (for me). Although that was definitely a problem at first; removed all the crazy HD models and lowered it from 80 to 20 and now it's a non-issue.

Would love a solution, I wouldn't mind having only 3-4 different models (excluding cabs/services) at any given time. It doesn't bother me. I'm just tired of Cab, Cab, Cabby, Cop, Cab, Bus, Cabby, Cab, Cavalcade, repeat.

EDIT: I should add, the game is still playable, very much so, just being a perfectionist heh.

ikt
  • ikt

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:31 AM

you might try and play with "availablevidmem" a bit, mine is permanently on 3.0 for ENB Series.

MarkC9
  • MarkC9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:39 PM Edited by MarkC9, 18 October 2011 - 08:56 PM.

I have to agree with the previous posts that have said combining TrafficFlowV5 with TrafficControlSystem has worked wonders. For those looking to understand the solution:
- TF loads 3-5cars ever 15 seconds into the memory from a list of 20 vehicles. While not much, it's not a huge problem (read below). TF will be used primarily to spawn COMMON cars.
- TCS spawns a random car every X amount of seconds and/or when variety is low. This is different from TF; it actually loads and SPAWNS the car, rather than simply loading it into memory. The result is you will get to see every car not listed in the above 20 in traffic at some point. TCS will be used to make sure even the rarest cars in the game show up from time-to-time; EVERY non-service car!
- The game's default traffic loader also still works. For instance I was in Hove Beach and Uranus' were spawning pretty regularly (one of 6-8 cars for a few minutes). I did not have the Uranus as one of the 20 cars in TF. This is effective as it allows us to skip including certain common cars within TF, which is already rather limited in terms of number of vehicles.

How to set it all up:
1) Download TrafficFlow and TrafficControlSystem (using this thread or google). You will need an asiloader (Xlive) as well as the ScriptHook files included with TF.
2) Install them and then locate the .ini file for TrafficFlow.
3) Simply pick 20 common cars you would like to see show up often. I picked 12 cars, 5 SUVs/pickups, 2 vans, and the Boxville (w/ custom IRL logos).
4) Keep in mind that as explained above, certain cars will spawn somewhat often (in certain locations at least) whether or not they are included in the TF ini. Cavalcade and Uranus are the two most obvious ones; they still spawn almost everywhere despite not being in my list of 20. Primo, Landstalker and Blista all spawn rather commonly as well (to a slightly lesser extent) so I've kept those out of the list. Keep an open eye while playing for cars that are showing up too often from your TF list. There is a chance they can be removed and switched for a car you aren't seeing enough of. TCS and the default traffic system are still working, so never be afraid that removing a car that pops up too often will cause it to never show up.
5) Be realistic! The default vehicle models are about ~500kB in size; their textures are about ~100kB. If you load the game up with 30 custom cars that have 3000kB models and 1200kB textures, don't expect this solution to work without lagging your game and it's textures. This is especially true if using ENB/iCEhancer as well. If you want to use custom cars, limit most of their sizes to 1500kB for model, 500kB for textures. That doesn't mean you can't load up some nicer looking higher defintion cars, but keep them to a few and avoid both placing them in your TF list and associating them with commonly spawned vehicles (ex. Cavalcade). Try to keep cabbys and police cars close to stock size as these ALWAYS stay loaded in memory.

@ikt: Thanks, that certainly helped (although 3.0 was crashing on start-up so I'm using 2.5 for vidmem). It's obvious to me that R* had no idea how video cards were going to improve over the years. It seems the game reads your cards core speed, ram amount, ram speed, and just decides the limits based off that. They didn't realize how the cards would become more efficient and how cards would be able to fix textures more efficiently these days.

ldfxf
  • ldfxf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

I have added 50 new cars to my vehicles.img so there must have the Taxi bug. I use Trafficload+Trafficflow to solve the Taxi bug and make the real traffic.

With Trafficload default setting, I can load 15 new cars and replaced cars. Then add 2 Trafficflow and set the 40 new cars. Change the ChanceOfRandomDispatch to more than 500.
Each of my car is 3MB limited so that the game would performe more smoothly. Then I changed the popcycle.dat and increase the cardensity to 100 in game. Everything is OK.
By the way, commandline.txt is recommanded.

Now the only problem is: sometimes, after 30-60 mins, the game always crashes. confused.gif

Maybe because of Trafficflow is fighting with Tafficload to get the chance of dispatches. ph34r.gif

ikt
  • ikt

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (ldfxf @ Monday, Oct 24 2011, 17:00)
I have added 50 new cars to my vehicles.img so there must have the Taxi bug. I use Trafficload+Trafficflow to solve the Taxi bug and make the real traffic.

With Trafficload default setting, I can load 15 new cars and replaced cars. Then add 2 Trafficflow and set the 40 new cars. Change the ChanceOfRandomDispatch to more than 500.
Each of my car is 3MB limited so that the game would performe more smoothly. Then I changed the popcycle.dat and increase the cardensity to 100 in game. Everything is OK.

Now the only problem is: sometimes, after 30-60 mins, the game always crashes. confused.gif

Maybe because of Trafficflow is fighting with Tafficload to get the chance of dispatches. ph34r.gif

I can't see why RequstModel would conflict with RequestModel, the only thing I imagine to be possible causing the crash is TrafficLoad not being able to delete cars in time causing more than 25-ish models to be loaded at the same time, and causing a crash.

ldfxf
  • ldfxf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (ikt @ Thursday, Oct 27 2011, 09:17)
QUOTE (ldfxf @ Monday, Oct 24 2011, 17:00)

With Trafficload default setting, I can load 15 new cars and replaced cars. Then add 2 Trafficflow and set the 40 new cars. Change the  ChanceOfRandomDispatch to more than 500.

Now the only problem is: sometimes, after 30-60 mins, the game always crashes.  confused.gif

I can't see why RequstModel would conflict with RequestModel, the only thing I imagine to be possible causing the crash is TrafficLoad not being able to delete cars in time causing more than 25-ish models to be loaded at the same time, and causing a crash.

Yes, so I am still wating you to make a new version trafficload. With more bigger pool and more custom car slots. smile.gif
GtaIV don't like to load too much traffic scripts a time. suicidal.gif

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

I am sure I am missing something simple here but how do you make 2 copies of the traffic flow V5R2 program. If I try to put the 2 .dll and the 2 .ini files into scripts they have the same names so how do you seperate them? I assume you change the name of the 2nd .dll file and the 2nd .ini file?

Doesnt this screw up the program when it goes to look for a file that you changed the name of?

ldfxf
  • ldfxf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:16 AM Edited by ldfxf, 05 December 2011 - 11:19 AM.

QUOTE (Lanzfeld113 @ Sunday, Dec 4 2011, 22:16)
I am sure I am missing something simple here but how do you make 2 copies of the traffic flow V5R2 program. If I try to put the 2 .dll and the 2 .ini files into scripts they have the same names so how do you seperate them? I assume you change the name of the 2nd .dll file and the 2nd .ini file?

Doesnt this screw up the program when it goes to look for a file that you changed the name of?

It's simple.
Rename Trafficflow to 1.net.dll & 1.ini, 2.net.dll & 2.ini.
You can put different cars in each of them to test.
Both would spawn. wink.gif

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

See I would have thought changing the name would mess up the structure. I'll try it!

Since I will have two of them running I wonder if the time should be increased to 30 seconds instead of 15?

thanks

ldfxf
  • ldfxf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Lanzfeld113 @ Monday, Dec 5 2011, 11:59)
See I would have thought changing the name would mess up the structure. I'll try it!

Since I will have two of them running I wonder if the time should be increased to 30 seconds instead of 15?

thanks

Yes, of course you have to. Or your game would crash.
It depends on your own setting.
I set ChanceOfRandomDispatch = 3000 & TimerInterval = 600000 when I am using two Trafficflow with the Trafficload.
If you use only the Trafficflows, I think you needn't to set the numbers too big but should set two different time and chance to make the two scripts working together more smoothly.

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

We need more than 20 slots please. icon14.gif
I'm sick watching all these same vehicles on the streets. suicidal.gif

LCPDFR
  • LCPDFR

LCPDFR Development

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Phenom Άς FX @ Sunday, Feb 26 2012, 11:30)
We need more than 20 slots please. icon14.gif
I'm sick watching all these same vehicles on the streets. suicidal.gif

Just run as many copies of traffic flow as you need.

It's simple, rename the .dll and .ini to TFM1.dll and TFM1.ini, then duplicate those, renaming the new files to TFM2.dll and TFM2.ini and so on.
You can then have 40 slots with two files, 80 with 4, etc etc.

nrv74
  • nrv74

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:31 AM

I like this trick mr mysterious, just afraid i will then see texture bugs

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Mysterious @ Tuesday, Feb 28 2012, 07:47)
It's simple, rename the .dll and .ini to TFM1.dll and TFM1.ini, then duplicate those, renaming the new files to TFM2.dll and TFM2.ini and so on.

More than 1 copy crashes my game after only 2~3 minutes。 suicidal.gif Single copy works fine.
And, it should be TFM*.net.dll not TFM*.dll right?

LCPDFR
  • LCPDFR

LCPDFR Development

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:12 AM Edited by Mr. Mysterious, 07 April 2012 - 12:15 AM.

QUOTE (Phenom Άς FX @ Friday, Mar 16 2012, 17:29)
QUOTE (Mr. Mysterious @ Tuesday, Feb 28 2012, 07:47)

More than 1 copy crashes my game after only 2~3 minutes。 suicidal.gif Single copy works fine.
And, it should be TFM*.net.dll not TFM*.dll right?

Yeah, it should be .net.dll

Regarding the multiple copies, you should be able to have at least 2 running without crashing your game if you set up the .ini on the second to tick less often, so increase the timer value in it.

Get the latest version here: http://www.lcpdfr.co...3-traffic-flow/ and then take a look at the .ini

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Mysterious @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 00:12)
Get the latest version here: http://www.lcpdfr.co...3-traffic-flow/ and then take a look at the .ini

Too funny. Just today I was thinking I would like to lower the emergency response frequency and checked the ini. Thanks for the link.

sasha2106
  • sasha2106

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

senks for update!!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users