Photo

Karma Stars

21 replies to this topic
IWANT2MODCARS
  • IWANT2MODCARS

Officially left GTAForums

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:42 PM

Hey, I wanted to know how these Karma stars work and how to get them. They are under your user flag, and I see a lot of people who have 0, But still I ask how do you get these Karma stars, and what are they for? Can you Mods/Admins be able to tell me what they are used for?

Here is what I think they are used for, IMO:
0 Karma Stars, You did not get noticed by a moderator for being good or you misbehaved and destroyed your luck of Karma:

1 Karma Star, you were good and the mods gave u one star for behaving.
user posted image
2 Karma Stars, you have acted good on the forums, you get 2 Karma Stars.
user posted image
3 Karma Stars: Congrats on doing well so far on the forums. Don't spoil it and remain good or you will get a warning. smile.gif
user posted image
4 Karma Stars: Well you are doing exedingly well and you deserve 4 Karma stars for such good behavior and activity on the forums.
user posted image
5 Karma Stars: WOW! You have done incredibly well and have behaved as best as you could on the forums, don't screw your chances you could get to be to get sent a rare privelage to be a GTAF moderator! wow.gif
user posted image

There's what I think, In My Opinion. If Wrong, please correct but anyways, someone please tell me what these "Karma" stars are used for if they are even used at all (Anymore). wink.gif )

Sorry if I sound fussy or this is an odd thread, I lost all my data typed here because I had to go back to another thread to see the Karma stars.
--Please don't ban me for this! I'm just asking a question about what these stars are for exactly! the ones below the user flag! I don't mean to "steal" your icons! cryani.gif suicidal.gif

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

They are outmoded. The new system is awards.

eggburt
  • eggburt

Lil' G Fizzle

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

It means you are totally excellent at everything you do, and doesn't signify that you were once banned under the old system at all!

(give your descriptions the exact opposite description and you got it, with 5 being banned)

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:23 PM Edited by Unlimited, 04 January 2010 - 10:29 PM.

You couldn't have seen people here with 0 Karma stars as people have medals instead. As Otter said, the Karma system was replaced with the awards system back in the fall of 2007.

And FYI, those are the busted Stars. The Karma stars looked like these. user posted image

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

OG

• United-States

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (Unlimited @ Jan 4 2010, 17:23)
And FYI, those are the busted Stars. The Karma stars looked like these. user posted image

Well, 5 meant BUSTED aka permanently banned, but 1 through 4 were warning stars that reflected those found in GTA's 6 star wanted system (and no, I don't know why the forum version had 5 stars instead of 6, probably because they felt like it tounge.gif ).

The use of negative and positive karma changed a lot over the years, but neither are are used since the award system took place in Oct. 2007. The exception is the BUSTED group that receives busted stars upon being permanently banned. Eggburt only has busted stars due to a glitch that occurs when a moderator unbans an account, although (not so) ironically, moderators no longer have the privilege to unban any account.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:51 AM Edited by Lurch, 07 January 2010 - 02:12 AM.

The Karma stars looked like these. user posted image

And don't forget the negative stars that looked like this. user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Makes me miss the old days.

Edit - whoops, Sweets filled me in on what's what.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Jan 6 2010, 02:51)
The Karma stars looked like these. user posted image

And don't forget the negative stars that looked like this. user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Makes me miss the old days.

No they didn't. The negative stars looked like the busted stars in the first post.

You're confused with the "topic rating system" that existed for a hot minute. That used the regular karma stars for positive, and those red ones you linked for negative.

Two completely different systems, the first (karma) for members, and the second (ratings) for topics.

Kyle.
  • Kyle.

Hello everyone! Name name is Kyle.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

If GTAF's warning/wanted system (as you'd call it since being GTA site) only has 5 pip/warning points before being banned, I suppose I could try and make GTAForums a better wanted system modification, I have spare time. I could just download IPB 1.3, start with the coding of the mod and allow 6 stars for you. I'll see what I can do. smile.gif

Deuce Deuce
  • Deuce Deuce

-

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Jan 5 2010, 06:25)
Well, 5 meant BUSTED aka permanently banned, but 1 through 4 were warning stars that reflected those found in GTA's 6 star wanted system (and no, I don't know why the forum version had 5 stars instead of 6, probably because they felt like it tounge.gif ).

I believe the IPB hack that they used by default installed a 5 rating system. As far as I know it can be modified, but obviously the staff decided to keep it at 5 for some reason or another.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

OG

• United-States

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (ItalianStalion @ Jan 6 2010, 04:05)
If GTAF's warning/wanted system (as you'd call it since being GTA site) only has 5 pip/warning points before being banned, I suppose I could try and make GTAForums a better wanted system modification, I have spare time. I could just download IPB 1.3, start with the coding of the mod and allow 6 stars for you. I'll see what I can do. smile.gif

I think you missed the part where we no longer use the 'wanted' warning system. The only evidence of a warning is now in a member's log and no one can see it but mods/admins and that member. Many years ago each full warning or temp ban added a wanted star, and the fifth one resulted in a full ban. I'm sure Azkoyen or any of the other programmers could have modified it back in the day, but I assume they left it alone because they felt 5 offenses were enough to warrant a ban.

Vinnie
  • Vinnie

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

And FYI, those are the busted Stars. The Karma stars looked like these.

Yep, I had a few of those before the karma system got changed. mad.gif

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

I remember when mine twinkled sad.gif

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Jay @ Jan 7 2010, 18:18)
I remember when mine twinkled sad.gif

Yeah me too. There was only a couple us I think? sad.gif

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:10 AM

I love my medals.

The stars were also for topics that were voted highly. They would appear by the topic title of topics that were of value.

IWANT2MODCARS
  • IWANT2MODCARS

Officially left GTAForums

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (TenaciousD. @ Jan 7 2010, 20:10)
I love my medals.

The stars were also for topics that were voted highly. They would appear by the topic title of topics that were of value.

O RLY?

Does that mean we can still rate topics? notify.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (IWANT2MODCARS @ Jan 29 2010, 12:20)
Does that mean we can still rate topics? notify.gif

Nope. It was removed a while back because people absued it.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:22 AM

So then how do we go about earning medals? Or are they just awarded when a mod belives we deserve them for mods input on forums etc?

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:18 PM

Who was that random kid who the mods gave like 50 karma stars just for fun?

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Jan 30 2010, 14:18)

Vegas?

Tornado Rex
  • Tornado Rex

*nix gets the chicks

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (nerner @ Jan 30 2010, 11:24)
QUOTE (OnePiece @ Jan 30 2010, 14:18)

Vegas?

No. It was a different kid. We put him in the 'Administraters' group and messed with him for like a week. I think that kid got 50 stars anyway.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

Sounds like this kid couldn't deal with the powah, anyways with reguard to my previous question about earning medals, anything in particular or just sorta right thing being seen at the right time?

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Jan 30 2010, 11:22)
So then how do we go about earning medals? Or are they just awarded when a mod belives we deserve them for mods input on forums etc?

When a mod believes that you have contributed enough to be deemed medal worthy you get one. Or for winning the forum awards...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users