Where are the best shootout locations?

45 replies to this topic
GTAnian
  • GTAnian

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

I have recently been running across Liberty City on foot shooting people instead of hiding behind a wall with little chance of escape.

For example, start shooting random people at the petrol station in Little Bay, in east Bohan the moment you have a 1* wanted level, run west and shoot at ANYONE you see, as you kill more people and cops, you wanted level will go up but if you collect armour from the storage yard at the top of the steep hill in Fortside and first aid box from the 'Escula of the streets' warehouse, you can easily get back to the Joiliet street safehouse, run upstairs and save and the wanted level will always go away.

These are always more exiting because you always know that you might escape the cops.

I have also run from Port Tudor to Alderney City safehouse.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

I like standing on the helipad at the Civilization Committee. There's a ladder and two sets of stairs that cops have to climb, so you can shoot them as they climb up and watch the bodies pile up on the stairs. Nobody can shoot you up there except helicopters and the cops coming up the ladder, but both of those are far enough away that bullets rarely get to you. Once the cops stop spawning near the ladder a bunch of police cars spawn on the road just south of the CC, and you can RPG/snipe them.

For whatever reason they eventually stop spawning completely, usually after about fifteen minutes.

There's also those forest blocks near the airport that are pretty good for long-range shootouts with an assault rifle. It almost feels like you're a soldier in a war. happy.gif

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

I really like the bank in Algonquin (TBoGT)

Also Bahama Mamas is good too (TBoGT)

But these ^ are mainly one person safe meaning others would either have to strafe in and out of cover or keep a very small portion of yourself exposed and pray.

The Hospital in Broker is amazing though because you have comfy cover and you're never exposed, plus you have a long haul so you dont get surprised shotgun'd when you're reloading or just sleeping.

I used to like going in the underground parking lot near the north police station in Algonquin but after experiencing glitching cops I don't use it as often.

Remember that building where the INTERVIEW mission took place? South Algonquin across the street from the construction site? That is a great 2 person safe hold down with little to no cop glitching (I've only experienced it once)
Alternatively you could also have a shoot out on the higher levels of the construction site although its recommended to have at least 3 people and suggested 4.

The museum in Middle park is also awesome but it varies on version (4 has one entrance and TBoGT has 3 Roof, Back and front)

Theres also an indoor market place that you can try but its only on TBoGT and I don't remember exactly where it is but I do know that its near the furthest bridge south bridging Algonquin to Broker/Dukes its there somewhere and you had a mission there TBoGT

While cramped but still effective is the Angels Hideout (under bridge on Algonquin side leading to Alderney)
Also the Lost Hideout is also pretty effective but low visual and pretty good cover when they run up the stairs.

I think thats it based on in door places and don't have to worry about rocket count/helicopters but yeah if I think of any more I'll let you know.

Raspy
  • Raspy

Driver

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

Hove Beach

X's house

Anywhere 

GTAnian
  • GTAnian

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

Pegorino's club in Alderney is probably one the best places for shootouts.

I managed to kill 301 people from behind the bar infront of the doors in 48 minuets.  

You can still use the target lock system and the raised hight of the stuff on the bar gives protection.

• RoadRunner71 likes this

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

easily the chinese restaurant in algonquin, the one you go to for the mission "dining out", its still enterable after the mission. great place to lure cops in and have an all out war.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hospital is probably the best.

GTAnian
  • GTAnian

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

easily the chinese restaurant in algonquin, the one you go to for the mission "dining out", its still enterable after the mission. great place to lure cops in and have an all out war.

Mr Fuk's Rice Box is not enterable before or after the mission 'Dining Out'.

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by PlanetaryUnfolding, 11 November 2013 - 11:11 PM.

your crazy. ive always kept a seperate save file for that mission, and everytime i finish it the door stays enterable and i proceed to gain a wanted level and lure the cops in. why on earth would i make that up? lol

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:17 PM Edited by PlanetaryUnfolding, 11 November 2013 - 09:20 PM.

it might be because i stay close to the building after the mission, leaving the area probably locks the door, now that i think about it. like i said, ive always kept a seperate file at that mission so i could replay it. ive never been free roaming and tried to go there.

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

Opposite the Bohan's safehouse. Get in the building and climb to the last floor.

gaberniqo
  • gaberniqo

Juegos de GTA san andreas

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

I've held out for a hour there before.

GTAnian
  • GTAnian

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

The Menila Metals factory in Bohan Industrail, is a good place to start shootouts. climb up the first flight of outside steps and then up the ladder, snipe some pedestrians to get a wanted level and the stand under the 2nd flight of steps and shoot the cops as the climb the top of the ladder. The steps give some protection from police helicopters.

GTAnian
  • GTAnian

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

Another good place is the building to the south of where

Spoiler
, climb up the ladder, stand under the roof, snipe some pedestrians and wait for the cops to come, then shoot them down, very soon the will be a 'NOOSE pile' at the bottom.

The roof and the sides of the building gives a lot of protection from police helicopters, so do the overhead pipes.

GTAnian
  • GTAnian

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

The ABSOLUE best shootout place in GTA IV is the construction Site in Hove Beach which was used in 'Ivan the not so terrible'.

Snipe some pedestrians to get a wanted level.

Stand on the 1st floor of the construction site and shoot the cops as soon as they come up the ladder. I have managed 350+ kills there before. 

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

My favorite location? On the streets. Running from street to street, alley to alley, killing cops from a distance. Really fun to do in MP Freemode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users