Photo

Behead 15 Columbian Cartel

8 replies to this topic
Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:26 AM

I'm going 100% for the first time on GTA III after nearly nine years of playing it, and need some advice for a rampage in Shoreside Vale asking me to snipe 15 columbian cartel in the head to pass. It seems almost impossible to do, combining the sniper with the shifty sensitive PS2 analouge stick to aim, aswell as the cartel cutting through me like wheat. I've pretty much mastered a stratergy of not getting shot, but it seems to take forever for me to be able to aim anywhere near a head. Are there any suggestions?

drakic
  • drakic

The Rabble Rouser

• Members

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

I've done that rampage on PC. It's not easy, but try to have full armor and health, and also to complete Paramedic and Vigilante side missions for better health and armor, and just take your position on that building where you pick up the rampage, don't go down. And try to avoid attacking groups, only attack single Colombian if you see him.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:19 PM

Oh sweet, I did it! All I needed was another damn controller. It seems the one I was using had a shonky analouge stick and no matter how slight I bumped it the snipers aim would shift sh*tloads.

Thanks anyway wink.gif

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award
    Helpfulness Award [Technology]

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (drakic @ Jan 2 2010, 12:50)
complete Paramedic and Vigilante side missions for better health and armor
In GTAIII completing Paramedic/Vigilante missions doesn't increase your max health/armor.

drakic
  • drakic

The Rabble Rouser

• Members

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

Are you sure? That's the reward for every GTA game. In III reward for taxi mission is Borgnine Cab, instead of Nitrous taxis, then what's the Vigilante/Paramedic reward?

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:35 PM

For paramedic you get health and adrenaline pills at your safehouses plus infinite sprint. (if you pass level 12) And vigilante gives you 6 police bribes at your hideouts. But you must kill 20 criminals in each island.

And only in San Andreas can you increase your health to 150 by doing paramedic. Other GTAs have other ways to get that reward and instead give you infinite sprint for paramedic.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award
    Helpfulness Award [Technology]

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Jan 2 2010, 21:35)
For paramedic you get health and adrenaline pills at your safehouses plus infinite sprint. (if you pass level 12) And vigilante gives you 6 police bribes at your hideouts. But you must kill 20 criminals in each island.

To be exact:
Paramedic 6lev. = Adrenaline pill
Paramedic 9lev. = Health pickup (useful since health doesn't replenish when saving game)
Paramedic 12lev. = Infinite sprint
10 criminals killed on island = 1 bribe (max 6 bribes - 2 per island)

The only way to increase health is to "use" ( tounge.gif ) a hooker. But it's temporary.

drakic
  • drakic

The Rabble Rouser

• Members

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:52 PM

I see, thanks. I never actually completed paramedic and vigilante missions in GTA III. But since III doesn't replenish life when saving, these rewards are usefull, like yojo2 said. tounge.gif

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Jan 2 2010, 21:35)
The only way to increase health is to "use" ( tounge.gif ) a hooker. But it's temporary.

Unless you have the Australian version (SLES-50793), where this is patched out since the government states that video games are for children (note that they also don't differentiate the term 'children' from a 2 year old toddler to someone turning 18 in two days time), thus games are Refused Classification if they are rated 18+ like videos, which are allowed to enter the market. Note that due to their incompetence, the two Stories games made it through untouched though!

If you find a copy with an ID of SLES-50330 (check the disc itself, as lots of early copies had only the disc changed to the updated version, leaving the cover and instruction book unchanged; the map however was never updated even on the platinum version), buy it and keep it for as long as possible, even if you already own GTA3! The early copies have a white cover featuring the characters rather than the red Stallion on the front which is on the later games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users