Photo

GTA-IV | Steering Wheel Tutorial

6 replies to this topic
Fluxenstien
  • Fluxenstien

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:51 AM

Welcome to a real simple tutorial Created for your benefit..

Most people have wished for racing wheel support in gtaiv! and now there is a chance! using asi loaders/mods and Xpadder this wish can come true!, i have figured it out for you and all is needed is a little concentration to get it working!

Bellow i have supplyed an image, dont worry, if you cannot read it use ctrl+mouse_wheel up or down for your desired resolution.

Anyways..

First make sure you have version 1.0.4.0 of gtaiv .

You will need:
1: an asi loader
2: filecheckfix.asi
3: firstperson.asi
4: scripthook.dll
5: A copy of Xpadder , you can purchase Xpadder at XPadder for $9 or £5.99 if your from the UK
If you have all of these you should be ready to setup your wheel for gtaiv

user posted image

Here we see Xpadder controller setup, i will guide you thru this image as best as i can if you need help just drop me a comment and ill try my best to help you.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Setting up the wheel

1: first we need to create a controller setup so press the spanner which is (1) in the image above

second we need to create a controller layout, first detect your sticks axis movement which is (2) in the image above so click on the [enable tick box] then click the [Detect] button and steer your wheel all the way left then press one of your acceleration peddals, now that that is done, you need to remove your peddle axis ..
as we will be using this later on, keep the <-> axis as it is, bellow "<->" select it as "None" and you should be done here.

third click ok on the controller settings layout and click on the spanner (3) and then click the [cursor] button which is (4) on the image above and slide (5) all the way to the right then press the [X] at the top right of the mouse settings box
_________________________________________________________________________________

Setting up the acceleration and brake is easy..

1: click the spanner again and click on:
[Image] Not this
[Sticks] Not this
[D-Pad] Not this
[Buttons] <-------- This!!!
[Triggers] Not this

Press your brake and a new button will show up, do the same with your accelerator and another one will show up!, now click [OK] and press the spanner on each one of your buttons and select W for your accelerator button and S for your brake button.
and you should now be done!

to save the setup press the two blue floppy disks at the top of XPadder near the spanners .

Once you have done this all you need to do is jump back into gta and you should now be able to steer the game using your wheel!

You can use your joypad/keyboard/wheel at the same time using xpadder so walking/driving/flying becomes a breeze with the right setup!

I will modifie this tutorial when i have time and make it easyer if you ask!, but first i need to have some fun! and i hope you have fun to!.

Gabriel21
  • Gabriel21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

can you explain again with more details?
and also, can you give me the software, or explain on xpadder 5.7
and about steering wheel type, it maters what type it is?
sorry for to many questions, it's just i'm new in this smile.gif

Homeboy25do
  • Homeboy25do

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:15 AM

would it work with the version xpadder 5.3 this one gets free here ?

http://www.softpedia...s/Xpadder.shtml

i have the logitech driving force GT too, can you upload your settings ?

DreamOperator
  • DreamOperator

Shake-it-up dream!

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

I was able to get my MOMO wheel working, no deadzone, by following the instructions on this page.

I believe part of my problem before was that I was trying to emulate a xbox controller, which always left me with a deadzone.

KIKI3000
  • KIKI3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

But this is not possible. You conect mouse moves with wheel - and car is steared with A and D or any other keyboard key and with mouse u can just rotate camera in game.
U put normaln auto assign mouse settings. How did u made this work? If i put WASD auto asign i will disable axis stearing moveing.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:08 AM Edited by NaidRaida, 18 March 2012 - 01:10 AM.

KIKI, you have just bumped a topic that is completely dead.

Date of last reply: Sunday, Jan 2 2011

Your reply: Saturday, Mar 17 2012

Take alook at the posting dates and avoid bumping old sh*t, in such cases it is recommended to contact whoever with PM system. It´s most likely that this members are gone anyway and you´ll never get an answer.

Tad6300
  • Tad6300

The Nine's

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Ok, so i did everything according to the tutorial, but the're is one problem. When im playing the camera is always top down. Any suggestions?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users