• Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:35 PM

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and it works just fine for me.

RASAS
  • RASAS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:45 PM Edited by RASAS, 31 December 2009 - 05:47 PM.

wait it works fine your absolutely sure about that, because im buying an asus laptop that has windows 7, wait what brand is your laptop ?

Emhyr
  • Emhyr

Dragon Age

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

I'm on windows 7 32bit,I don't have any problems. smile.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:58 PM

GTA:SA Works on all Windows Operating Systems:

It's a matter of Does Your Computer have the Guts to Run it.
Processing Speed, memory RAM, Video Card, etc.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=189214

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (RASAS @ Dec 31 2009, 13:45)
wait it works fine your absolutely sure about that, because im buying an asus laptop that has windows 7, wait what brand is your laptop ?

I have a desktop, and it's custom built by myself.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

I just can not stop myself from joking on my favourite topic:

The system requirements on the back said Windows 2000 or better, so I installed Linux.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:17 PM

III, VC, and SA and even IV work extremely well on Windows 7 32-bit, I have an HP laptop that came installed with Vista Home Premium, but it came with a free upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium, so I installed the upgrade and now have Windows 7 Home Premium w/an AMD Athlon x2 64 Dual Core processor, 3GB DDR 2 RAM, and an Nvidia Geforce 8200M G w/1407mb vram, and SA runs great on any setting.-I have everything maxed out on it except for the visual fx which is at Medium. and I get no lag at all. The funny thing is, I didn't even have to delete the .set file after the upgrade from Vista to 7.-lol. So, yes as long as you have decent specs, all GTA's will work just fine with Windows 7.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:16 PM

SA works with every OS above 95.

Choom
  • Choom

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (Лёшенька @ Dec 31 2009, 22:35)
I just can not stop myself from joking on my favourite topic:

The system requirements on the back said Windows 2000 or better, so I installed Linux.

It works on Linux too, with Cedega at least, though you won't get to benefit from shaders, and it's slower than Windows. The best part of it is that you can run it over Compiz and it will stick to a single face of the cube, or a single desktop.

Anyway, regarding OP, I have been playing San Andreas recently on Windows 7 without any issues. The first version of the game (AKA v1.0 or the hot coffee version) disables Aero for some reason while the game is running, even if you alt+tab and it goes to the background, but this bug disappears once you patch it to v1.1.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:23 AM

Anyway, regarding OP, I have been playing San Andreas recently on Windows 7 without any issues. The first version of the game (AKA v1.0 or the hot coffee version) disables Aero for some reason while the game is running, even if you alt+tab and it goes to the background, but this bug disappears once you patch it to v1.1.

That part isn't entirely true, even with V2 (which includes the 1.1 patch fixes) Windows still switches to Windows 7 Basic mode while the game is running-even Vista does this(Windows runs in Vista Basic mode while game is running). I have 7 Home Premium, and every time I start the game, I get a notification in the task bar that says it switched to 7 Basic mode, then when I exit the game it goes back to Premium mode. On my Vista desktop, that is Vista Home Premium, goes to Vista Basic mode when I start the game. III is the only game I found that doesn't do this. It isn't really a big deal though, since the game runs lag free on 7 and Vista, as long as you have decent specs-ie. NO Intel video cards, VIA/SIS Video cards, No Sempron processors, and NO Intel Celeron processors that are less than 2 GHZ, as these specs do not tend to run as well on Vista and 7 as they do on XP. Just a heads up.

kevinyoung03
  • kevinyoung03

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:34 AM Edited by kevinyoung03, 07 January 2010 - 06:30 PM.

If you have the perfect hardware support for that and windows will be updated then it will surely be working.

Mercedes Headlights

Choom
  • Choom

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Jan 3 2010, 08:23)

That part isn't entirely true, even with V2 (which includes the 1.1 patch fixes) Windows still switches to Windows 7 Basic mode while the game is running-even Vista does this(Windows runs in Vista Basic mode while game is running).

Not here. With the patch Aero runs perfectly fine.

http://www.singlemen...a-aero-win7.jpg

Next time please refrain from calling others liars.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:20 AM Edited by radioman, 07 January 2010 - 08:23 AM.

QUOTE (Choom @ Jan 6 2010, 23:59)

That part isn't entirely true, even with V2 (which includes the 1.1 patch fixes) Windows still switches to Windows 7 Basic mode while the game is running-even Vista does this(Windows runs in Vista Basic mode while game is running).

Actually, Here's photo proof of SA running in Windows 7 Basic mode while on 7 Home Premium, and Here's the photo of the normal 7 Home Premium desktop. Are you on 7 ultimate or Professional? If so, that might be why it works right for you. So, it is true what I said in my last post. Just a heads up. tounge.gif These snapshots were taken from an HP Pavillion laptop w/ Windows 7 Home Premium.

Choom
  • Choom

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Jan 7 2010, 08:20)
QUOTE (Choom @ Jan 6 2010, 23:59)

Actually, Here's photo proof of SA running in Windows 7 Basic mode while on 7 Home Premium, and Here's the photo of the normal 7 Home Premium desktop. Are you on 7 ultimate or Professional? If so, that might be why it works right for you. So, it is true what I said in my last post. Just a heads up. tounge.gif These snapshots were taken from an HP Pavillion laptop w/ Windows 7 Home Premium.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit en-US, and the game is the original copy from before the hot coffee scandal with patch 1.0.1 applied. I believe that Windows wanted to change the shortcut so that the game would always run in compatibility mode before I patched it, not entirely sure though. Whatever it was stopped happening after the patch. You might want to check your shortcuts to ensure that compatibility mode is disabled.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

I have V2 of the game, and I don't use compatibility modes on either PC-the Vista desktop or Windows 7 laptop. I just checked the shortcut properties, and it isn't using any compatibilty modes, as the box is not checked that says "Run this program in compatibilty mode for". You have the same version of Windows I do, the only difference is, yours is a 64-bit OS and mine is a 32-bit OS. So, I guess this is only either a 32-bit issue, or a V2/V1 (original) issue then.?

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

I have Win7 x64 and I have a problem with SA. My mouse is not working - I can move it around menus, but I can't click anything; also in game it doesn't work at all. Same thing is with VC, but what's strange GTAIII works like a charm.

Can be anything done about this? Compatibility modes didn't help.

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

Same worked fine. Major problem with Data Execution Prevention, but that's due to my laptop being "over protective"

Vinnie
  • Vinnie

Slackware Linux

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:02 PM

RE: The Box, It does indeed say 2000 and above. However it does work just fine on Windows 98, I used it on 98 for a while. I guess if you tried to get tech support they would decline you it if you had anything older than 2k.

Also yes as others have said SA will work on 7 fine just as it does on Vista.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• Feroci Racing
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

Aero disabling does not just depend on the version - on one system I used 1.01 and 2.0 side-by-side, and strangely 1.0 also re-enabled DWM after alt-tab-ing like 1.01+ and III/VC do. It could be just as random as the mouse glitch occurring - my current installation/month has the mouse glitch very bad: it occurs every launch, unless I do ~15 esc-outs. Strangely, it doesn't make the game crash now.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:36 PM

Actually, strange thing is, III and IV doesn't do the switch to 7 basic-only VC and SA do for some reason.? Because when I play III or IV, and hit the Windows key to go back to the desktop, it stays the same(7 Home Premium screen), but on VC and SA when you do that, it shows the 7 Basic screens.

123iamking
  • 123iamking

Who am I?

• Members

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

I think window 7 professional not good for GTA SA Cleo mod , I can't load my save game at the second time ! don't understand it ! monocle.gif

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (123iamking @ May 15 2011, 19:49)
I think window 7 professional not good for GTA SA Cleo mod , I can't load my save game at the second time ! don't understand it ! monocle.gif

The mod could be at fault here, not the OS. Have you tried loading the save without the mod?

In any case, this is not the right place to ask about mods or related issues. Try the modding forums.

falenone
  • falenone

Mapper

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

I had Windows 7 Professional on my crappy laptop. Almost everything was working with compatibility mode, even drivers. I ran San Andreas with compatibility mode set to Windows 2000 and had San Andreas Multiplayer with compatibility mode set to Windows 98.

After half of year I got Blue Screen's when playing San Andreas and I went back to Windows XP

Old XP rulez smile.gif

Decoy9
  • Decoy9

GSF

• Members

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:43 AM

Works fine for me. However, I have it on STEAM. But I'm sure it will work fine either way.

nfscu2
  • nfscu2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Works at 60 fps with me.full draw distance,4x aa,shadows,very high fx.I run win 7.
WIN 7 IS WIN. biggrin.gif

Decoy9
  • Decoy9

GSF

• Members

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (nfscu2 @ May 18 2011, 12:16)
Works at 60 fps with me.full draw distance,4x aa,shadows,very high fx.I run win 7.
WIN 7 IS WIN. biggrin.gif

Well, the FPS depends on your graphics card and what not. So don't assume that the person asking us will get the same FPS because you do xD

FireRer
  • FireRer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

Hello !
I'm on Windows 7 32bitS Professionnel, GTA San Andreas is working fine !

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:05 PM

Locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users