This mod makes Niko less accuracte without affecting the AI's weapon accuracy (if you just edit the accuracy settings in weaponinfo.xml to make Niko less accurate, the AI won't be able to hit an elephant standing right in front of them). It does not affect the pellet spread when Niko uses the shotgun, or Niko's accuracy when using sniper rifles.
- A side effect is that the reticule will look very large if you're using the default weaponinfo.xml settings. You can of course change this.
- Accuracy of individual weapons can be customised (see below for advanced users).
I have also included my personal settings for weapons, explosions, etc which work well with the .asi plugin. These reflect my own personal preferences (which lean more towards realism, whilst still being fun and balanced). Feel free to use or not use them however you like.
- All weapon/explosion settings have been tweaked and balanced, including:
-- Increased weapon damage/accuracy (AI only)/range (cops are now lethal like they should be)
-- Weapon fire-rates tweaked to be more realistic (but not completely, b/c can't change drive-by fire rates)
-- Reduced max ammo that Niko can carry
-- Increased rocket speed/range, now much more realistic and useful (missions where AI use the RL still work properly and look much cooler)
-- Increased grenade damage/kill radius, reduced 'ragdoll modifier' (peds stumble rather than fly, unless right on top of a grenade)
-- Shotgun clipsizes reduced, the combat shotgun changed to pump-action (b/c its blindfire anims still used the pump animation)
- The reticule is static (has a fixed size for all weapons, doesn't 'grow' when the weapon is fired, doesn't show enemies' health).
- Probably a lot of other small tweaks
For an extra challenge, I also recommend you use RagdollByPain.asi (not the default .asi) found in this mod by HippieCommunist (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=391128). It makes it so that Niko stumbles like other peds when hit by bullets.
(tested on game version 188.8.131.52)
- Install any asi loader for GTA IV, eg:
Alexander Blade's Asi Loader (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=380830)
- Install the newest version (at least version 0.4.0) of aru's C++ scripthook (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=390582)
- Put Accuracy.asi in your GTA install directory
- OPTIONAL: Replace weaponinfo.xml, hud.dat and explosionFX.dat with those in \OPTIONAL. You may need to delete or use a patched filelist.pak depending on your game version and asi loader.
NOTE: If you've never used .asi or other mods before, please consult google for more detailed instructions on how to make your game version mod-ready.
NOTES (advanced users)
The full source code for my mod is included, just replace the sample CustomFiberThread.cpp file from aru's scripthook SDK with my file.
I have scripted this so that each weapon's accuracy settings (for Niko) is individually customisable. However, I did not make it read values off a .ini file because I originally made this mod for my personal use only. Therefore, to edit the the accuracy settings, you'll need to edit the source code and re-compile.
The values themselves are set out in a fairly straightforward manner and should be easy to edit (please see readme for more details). Alternatively, if anyone wants to alter my code to read off an ini file instead, go ahead.
NOTE: If you've never compiled your own .asi mod, it's actually exceedingly easy. Here is a very good step-by-step guide which also includes links to everything you'll need (http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=680802). You won't need to know much aboutny c++, just how to change some numbers.
The Accuracy.asi script was created by me from scratch. Having said that, a huge thanks to aru for his C++ scripthook SDK, which makes it amazingly easy to create mods like this. Thanks also to nixolas1 for sending me a different mod which made me realise something like this was possible.
Edited by Yangster, 03 January 2010 - 11:21 PM.