» «
Photo

[IV/REL] Niko Inaccurate (.asi)

19 replies to this topic
Yangster
  • Yangster

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:20 AM Edited by Yangster, 03 January 2010 - 11:21 PM.

CODE
======================
DESCRIPTION
======================

This mod makes Niko less accuracte without affecting the AI's weapon accuracy (if you just edit the accuracy settings in weaponinfo.xml to make Niko less accurate, the AI won't be able to hit an elephant standing right in front of them). It does not affect the pellet spread when Niko uses the shotgun, or Niko's accuracy when using sniper rifles.

Notes:
- A side effect is that the reticule will look very large if you're using the default weaponinfo.xml settings. You can of course change this.
- Accuracy of individual weapons can be customised (see below for advanced users).

OPTIONAL
------------
I have also included my personal settings for weapons, explosions, etc which work well with the .asi plugin. These reflect my own personal preferences (which lean more towards realism, whilst still being fun and balanced). Feel free to use or not use them however you like.

Changes include:

- All weapon/explosion settings have been tweaked and balanced, including:
 -- Increased weapon damage/accuracy (AI only)/range (cops are now lethal like they should be)
 -- Weapon fire-rates tweaked to be more realistic (but not completely, b/c can't change drive-by fire rates)
 -- Reduced max ammo that Niko can carry
 -- Increased rocket speed/range, now much more realistic and useful (missions where AI use the RL still work properly and look much cooler)
 -- Increased grenade damage/kill radius, reduced 'ragdoll modifier' (peds stumble rather than fly, unless right on top of a grenade)
 -- Shotgun clipsizes reduced, the combat shotgun changed to pump-action (b/c its blindfire anims still used the pump animation)

- The reticule is static (has a fixed size for all weapons, doesn't 'grow' when the weapon is fired, doesn't show enemies' health).
- Probably a lot of other small tweaks

For an extra challenge, I also recommend you use RagdollByPain.asi (not the default .asi) found in this mod by HippieCommunist (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=391128). It makes it so that Niko stumbles like other peds when hit by bullets.

======================
INSTALLATION
======================
(tested on game version 1.0.0.4)

- Install any asi loader for GTA IV, eg:
Alexander Blade's Asi Loader (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=380830)
XLiveLess (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=388658)

- Install the newest version (at least version 0.4.0) of aru's C++ scripthook (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=390582)

- Put Accuracy.asi in your GTA install directory

- OPTIONAL: Replace weaponinfo.xml, hud.dat and explosionFX.dat with those in \OPTIONAL. You may need to delete or use a patched filelist.pak depending on your game version and asi loader.

NOTE: If you've never used .asi or other mods before, please consult google for more detailed instructions on how to make your game version mod-ready.

======================
NOTES (advanced users)
======================

The full source code for my mod is included, just replace the sample CustomFiberThread.cpp file from aru's scripthook SDK with my file.

I have scripted this so that each weapon's accuracy settings (for Niko) is individually customisable. However, I did not make it read values off a .ini file because I originally made this mod for my personal use only. Therefore, to edit the the accuracy settings, you'll need to edit the source code and re-compile.

The values themselves are set out in a fairly straightforward manner and should be easy to edit (please see readme for more details). Alternatively, if anyone wants to alter my code to read off an ini file instead, go ahead.

NOTE: If you've never compiled your own .asi mod, it's actually exceedingly easy. Here is a very good step-by-step guide which also includes links to everything you'll need (http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=680802). You won't need to know much aboutny c++, just how to change some numbers.

======================
CREDITS
======================

The Accuracy.asi script was created by me from scratch. Having said that, a huge thanks to aru for his C++ scripthook SDK, which makes it amazingly easy to create mods like this. Thanks also to nixolas1 for sending me a different mod which made me realise something like this was possible.

Glumok
  • Glumok

6 years on GTAForums... Bordel !

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:45 AM

This mod is a good idea!
I think I'll give it a try sooner or later.

topeira
  • topeira

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:08 AM

you know i was expecting this mod, youngster smile.gif

personally i think u should have stated what each file does to the game so ppl will know what not to include if they want to avoid certain changes. just cuz i, and some others, know what each file is in charge of doesnt mean everyone does so i'd suggest including an explenation in the readme.

and it would probably be best to give a link for download too tounge.gif

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (topeira @ Dec 30 2009, 02:08)
and it would probably be best to give a link for download too tounge.gif

There is a mediafire link at the top of his post, because he's waiting on gtagarage approval.

I think this mod sounds great too. I haven't tried it yet but I definitely will. I just hope the cops aren't so lethal that I realize how much I really suck at the game. sigh.gif

topeira
  • topeira

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:10 PM

oh,
AngryAmoeba , u r right tounge.gif i feel silly. the link IS there. sadly the new scripthook.dll crashes my game during loading of the gameplay so i can't test this. this mod is one of the things i've been looking forward the most and i can't play it sad.gif so sad.

Yangster
  • Yangster

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:51 PM Edited by Yangster, 30 December 2009 - 11:54 PM.

@Topeira
I really don't know why it's crashing for you. I haven't used the scripthook with 1.0.4.0, but from the readme it sounds like it should work. If you've disabled all the other script mods and it's still not working, the only other thing I can think of is that hazardx's .net scripthook isn't compatible with the new scripthook (I just had a look at the thread on it, and it seems it comes with it's own scripthook.dll, so it's probably based on the old scripthook).

I'm guessing you don't want to get rid of that scripthook either way, so I think the only way you could use my mod is if you recompiled it with an older version of aru's scripthook sdk (maybe ask around to see if anyone still has it). My mod as is needs the new one because it's using the new customfiber approach (b/c aru recommended it and I'm more familiar with that approach), but the actual coding is pretty simple so there shouldn't be any reason why it can't work with the old 'tick-based' approach used in the older scripthook versions.

I've converted the coding to the tick-based format, but cant' test it b/c I don't have gta on this computer: http://www.mediafire.com/?bktzomekmzk. Included is an asi (with the tick approach) compiled with the new sdk. You can try see if it works with the old scripthook, but if not, you might need to get your hands on the old sdk and recompile it yourself (should be fairly straightforward though).

If you or anyone else manages to get it working with the old scripthook, feel free to share.

@AngryAmoeba: The accuracy script itself doesn't actually affect how lethal cops are, just my settings in the optional files. You can always use the default ones or just reduce the weapon damages or AI accuracy. The accuracy script just makes it possible to isolate Niko's and AI's accuracies, so you CAN make peds/cops more accurate and Niko less accurate at the same time. Of course you don't have to make everyone else more accurate if you don't want.

Also, if you want to use the increased weapon damages in my files, I recommend lowering the weapon damage multiplier for vehicles in handling.dat so they take as many bullets to explode. The relevant values are the Dw ones, and I personally changed them to 40% of their default values. I can't upload my handling.dat though, because I have it merged with the Real Driving/Flying handling mod.

the hubster
  • the hubster

Sup Homies

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

Big thanks for this, tis great.

AFA
  • AFA

Gun Nut

• Members

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:12 PM

Please can you make this work for 1.0.4.0? Because I really don't want to change version because i'll lose all my mods.

topeira
  • topeira

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (AFA @ Feb 13 2010, 20:12)
Please can you make this work for 1.0.4.0? Because I really don't want to change version because i'll lose all my mods.

there u go.

http://www.mediafire...wdlz/inaccuracy 5.asi

this file is a slightly modded file i made to fit 1.0.4.0 and has the following characteristics -
pistols and SMGs have lower recoil than ARs and SNIPER rifles are dead accurate with no recoil.

HitZoor
  • HitZoor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:03 PM

This is awesome, thanks!

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:37 PM Edited by EduardKoeleJuck, 15 February 2010 - 02:39 PM.

QUOTE (HitZoor @ Feb 15 2010, 14:03)
This is awesome, thanks!

Why exactly? The realistic stuff is really great icon14.gif , but why would you want to be less accurate? That's not more realistic or something.

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Feb 15 2010, 14:37)
This is awesome, thanks!

Why exactly? The realistic stuff is really great icon14.gif , but why would you want to be less accurate? That's not more realistic or something.

Guns have plenty of recoil, unless you're Chuck norris.

topeira
  • topeira

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (oc student @ Feb 16 2010, 11:21)
This is awesome, thanks!

lol

but yeah - this mod gives weapons recoil but a relatively small one. only trying to get head shots from far away is hard. sadly the mod maker couldnt make them have more recoil. it has something to do with the script hook.

but it's better than vanilla so we take what we can get. tounge2.gif

HitZoor
  • HitZoor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:48 PM

Yeah, being the realism freak I am, this is a welcome attempt at making the weapons more realistic. I mean, without this mod the bullets hit exactly in the pixel in the middle of the circle, all the time.

cuvip
  • cuvip

Jefra Bland, miss teen kentuckey US 2009

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:03 PM

This is awesome, thanks!

if can make the uzi recoil like the one in SA, that's a lot more realistic icon14.gif

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:47 AM Edited by EduardKoeleJuck, 17 February 2010 - 11:51 AM.

This is awesome, thanks!

Yeah, well, that depends on the weapon. The Ithaca 37 (stockless Pump shotgun) for example, has way less recoil in real life, in fact it is known for its low recoil.

EDIT: Check this out:

shadow85
  • shadow85

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

Can sum1 tell me why this mod keeps crashing at the loading screen wehn I load a save game, when using version 1.0.4.0, but this mod works fine when I use 1.0.7.0.

I really want to get this mod to work with 1.0.4.0 because the enb series mod looks way better on 1.0.4.0.

Can sum1 help plz, thanks.

shadow85
  • shadow85

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

doesnt matter, I just used xliveless instead of alex asi loader and it worked.

ivantoar
  • ivantoar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:23 AM

NOTE: If you've never compiled your own .asi mod, it's actually exceedingly easy. Here is a very good step-by-step guide which also includes links to everything you'll need (http://www.facepunch...ad.php?t=680802). You won't need to know much aboutny c++, just how to change some numbers.

The link is dead.

Any suggestion about how can I compile my own .asi from your source code?

Thanks.

M_Nation
  • M_Nation

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:04 AM

This mod is great, unfortunately it crashes my game. It seems to work fine for part of the game (or maybe it just hasn't loaded tounge.gif ) but then when I pull out the shotgun (maybe other weapons too, however this is the only one I tested) it crashes.. sad.gif sad, I really like it, fix it! tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users