Alternative Graphics Tweak
Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:48 AM
All i can say now - WHAT THE f*ck IS WRONG WITH GTAGARAGE admins?
I just checked status of uploaded mods and it says:
Request for take-down received from host due to excessive virus reports. Most likely false positives, but we have no control over this.
This mod has been removed/rejected for the reason stated above. Please make sure any aspects that need fixing are done so before clicking here to resubmit the mod for approval. If the mod is resubmitted without making the necessary changes, it will be permanently locked.
1) I wanna ask, who the f*ck was reporting this? In entire thread there is only 1 single report, and i dont see anything #EXCESSIVE# here. Oh wait, HOST. Why the f*ck they care what kind of files hosted by their clients? Why the f*ck they force their clients to take-down some files? And why their clients cant just explain that this file is false positive and Host should calm down, add file to ignore list of their cheap AV and GTFO with their request
2) I will not do any changes to patch, because no matter what i will do, dUP patch engine and executable packer PEcompact 2 will give few false positives by some outdated or trashy antiviruses that adds signatures of every safe crack, keygen and other hack tools to their stupid databases instead of adding signatures or real viruses and trojans.
So in this case if ill re-upload same file, it will be locked at GTAgarage (stupid rules), and if ill uploaded modified it will still give false positives, so why should i waste my time if results would be the same? Should i write patch from scratch? What kind of idiot i should be to do this?
3) I want to see that damn host AV reports and laugh at face of those people who requested to take down this file, because im sure, in reports its probably not even state that there is Virus and its most likely reported as "Not-a-virus.HackTool" or "PEpacker.Patcher", but those people never read what messages of AV really says.
4) Only thing that i can do - re-upload archive with password, so damn Host's AV could not sniff inside and will calm f*cking down. But im not sure that GTAG admins will accept it.
5) So i any case i need your help to revive file at GTAGARAGE, please write to GTAG admins your requests to bring back file and not lock in case if i re-upload passworded archive.
Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:11 AM
Edit: Mod page is now back online.
Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:32 PM Edited by moteel, 04 April 2011 - 08:53 PM.
I tried set read only option on rage_postfx.fxc files, but it dosen't work. Anyone have some ideas? I'm also using timecyc.dat and visualsettings.dat from ENV Mod 5 (I also modified timecyc.dat to set farclip from 3500 to 3000). I tried also to copy patched rage_postfx.fcx from win32_30_nv8 to win32_30_nv6 and win32_30_nv7 - dosen't work.
OK, I delete Environment Mod 5 files and tweak works. But GTAIV without ENV5 looks ugly, especially at night.
Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:35 PM
Just copy it from vanila game, install this mod u mentioned, than replace this single shader file and apply my patch.
P.S. - just found that my file was restored.
Thanks to GTAF admins, sorry for my rudeness nothing personal, just business))
Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:32 PM
|QUOTE (Voodooman @ Friday, Apr 30 2010, 14:36)|
| Nice to see Belinda here) |
thx for new tips)
But people here seem definitely cant follow simple instructions)
I just tested my patch with patch 184.108.40.206 (which is also TLAD and BOGT DLC compatible\shared)
Offset versions do not work, Smart Heuristic versions of patch works like charm!
So i can claim that no update required yet, my patch is 100% compatible with latest GTA 4 patch and DLC (since they share same shader and most of other files).
But i dont have DLC myself, so there is a little chance that DLC may have separate shader folder, in this case target DLC file needs to be copied to gta4 default shader folder, after this it could be patched. Don forget to copy patched rage post fx shader back to dlc shader folder (if it exist).
In case if you have stand alone episodes you may need to do a little registry tweak:
look for this key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV
and this subkey
if it not exist create it and change its value to path of your Episodes installation.
After just run any patch from directory
It should work, if its not, then your doing something wrong!
does this trick makes the DLCs run with gta iv?
Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:00 AM
1.) which one of the patch BRUTE or SMART should i use? second, Heuristic or Offset? what's the difference anyway?
2.) it kept saying cannot find the .file even thou i manually selected it and at the right panel it kept saying CRC32 Failed File Size Checking Skipped Patching not done , why is that?
Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:49 AM
I said it many times before:
Use SMART HEURISTIC, and dont touch brute and offset versions, since they does not work anymore, as offset was changed with newer patches of GTA 4.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users