» «
Photo

Alternative Graphics Tweak

156 replies to this topic
topeira
  • topeira

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:29 PM Edited by topeira, 02 June 2010 - 04:34 PM.

yes, voodoo, u r currect - i didnt notice the screen shots. i saw the thumbnail and clicked it but couldnt flip through the 3 in-game screenshots afterwards so i figured there's only one SS. my bad.

regardless, from reading all that was there too read i still couldnt figure out what files i will need to rename to get the game back to it's original state. i still didnt find it easy to understand what files will be switched. im not being disrespectful to u or anyone else. just stating that there is a lot to read and some of what there is to read is technical or just belittling the UGT ppl and most members here do not care who's right. they just want to mod the game and know what was done.
i had a few mods back then that self extracted and till this day i dont know how to revert what they did. a mistake i didnt want to do again. renaming a file is really easy but i just hoped that in the readme there will be a small and tremendously helpful segment called "installation" and "uninstallation" which will explain this. In my opinion that's a lot more important that who deserves credit for another mod or not.
the VisualIV mod is a lil harder to "install" but it's easy to understand what's being done and very easy to revert yet is has no fancy self extracting stuff. just an example.

so again - thanks for the initiative, the effort and for making it self extracting (which i know takes more time than letting us extract thigs ourselves). now can someone state what file\files are being replaced? is it just one shader file or more?

ikt
  • ikt

• Members

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (topeira @ Jun 2 2010, 18:29)
yes, voodoo, u r currect - i didnt notice the screen shots. i saw the thumbnail and clicked it but couldnt flip through the 3 in-game screenshots afterwards so i figured there's only one SS. my bad.

regardless, from reading all that was there too read i still couldnt figure out what files i will need to rename to get the game back to it's original state. i still didnt find it easy to understand what files will be switched. im not being disrespectful to u or anyone else. just stating that there is a lot to read and some of what there is to read is technical or just belittling the UGT ppl and most members here do not care who's right. they just want to mod the game and know what was done.
i had a few mods back then that self extracted and till this day i dont know how to revert what they did. a mistake i didnt want to do again. renaming a file is really easy but i just hoped that in the readme there will be a small and tremendously helpful segment called "installation" and "uninstallation" which will explain this. In my opinion that's a lot more important that who deserves credit for another mod or not.
the VisualIV mod is a lil harder to "install" but it's easy to understand what's being done and very easy to revert yet is has no fancy self extracting stuff. just an example.

so again - thanks for the initiative, the effort and for making it self extracting (which i know takes more time than letting us extract thigs ourselves). now can someone state what file\files are being replaced? is it just one shader file or more?

Grand Theft Auto IV\common\shaders\win32_x

The x stands for various numbers/graphic card model. You only need to check which one has a rage_postfx.fxc.bak file in it.

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:11 AM Edited by Voodooman, 03 June 2010 - 01:15 AM.

QUOTE (topeira @ Jun 2 2010, 19:29)

FACEFREAKINGPALM DUDE! What else i can say?

Arent PATCH ITSELF + all the various readmes including 1st post, states file name like 100 times?

I dont know how to force you turn brain on for little longer than minute... but arent this screenshot of patch GUI and patch GUI itself makes it QUITE OBVIOUS "what file\files are being replaced" ??

user posted image

Wtf is TARGET FILENAME is there for? Should i type it with big red letter so everyone like you can see it for sure? Ok, here you go dude:

RAGE_POSTFX.FXC

still cant see it, maybe not big and not so red enough lol.gif ? Ok:

RAGE_POSTFX.FXC

oh wait, maybe you are colorblind and cant see red or green? ok here this yellow and even bigger version you cant miss for sure:

RAGE_POSTFX.FXC

Now just dont say u missed it again)) tounge2.gif

loaderload
  • loaderload

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2010 - 04:17 PM Edited by loaderload, 05 June 2010 - 05:28 PM.

edit, didn't run as administrator,

hellknightdemon
  • hellknightdemon

Drummist

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

I downloaded this and i had gotten somewhere near 15 trojans, just saying...

ikt
  • ikt

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (hellknightdemon @ Jun 5 2010, 19:54)
I downloaded this and i had gotten somewhere near 15 trojans, just saying...

Your antivirus is sh*t. smile.gif

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:33 PM Edited by Voodooman, 08 June 2010 - 09:53 AM.

There are only 12 versions of patch, 12 exe files, where the f*ck you got another 3 from?)
Im not sure what crap antvirus do u use, but im more than just sure, that even your dumb antivirus do not have classification of it as trojan and probably says something like "riskware: not a trojan, suspective activity\packed exe".
This is called "FALSE POSITIVE"!

Just to let your know the facts:
All files at GTAGARAGE have pre-moderation, and before they got published, they are moderated and tested by several guys who will not f*cking let anyone to upload trojans or viruses. So fo f*ck sake - stop panic, trow your antivirus into window, and learn f*cking facts before spreading such a false information! devil.gif

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

updated 1st post and last one.
I hope now noobs will turn some brains on before posting.

xpe
  • xpe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

compatibility with 1.7 patch?? thnx

btw ur mod is the best tweak comparated with the other one

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:35 PM

No Problem)

Is anyone here was in doubt about that? Lol)

At the moment im making automatic DOWNGRADER for GTA 4, so anyone can roll back from new crappy patch to any old one.

So check for news soon.

FitbikeSTR2
  • FitbikeSTR2

Lalita

• Members

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:47 AM

So you can play online with patch 4? Sweet, hope it work smile.gif, and I f*cking love this mod, UGT sucks ass, it was good on first patch, but the motion blur kills you on UGT, this is absolutley perfect, I f*cking LOVE YOU MAN (No homo)

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:12 PM

No, you cant play online with patch 4! You need to have latest patch 7 to play onlin legit way... but u can always play lan or use some asi scripts to be able to play patch 4 online)

danjodan
  • danjodan

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

I am going to sound like a complete noob but I just cant figure out how to install this mod on EFLC with latest patch.Can someone explain a little bit blush.gif
Sorry for my noobnes smile.gif

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

Read last 2-3 pages, and very 1st post which explains how to make it work with episodes!
Jesus, u cant be seriously so noob so u cant even read few posts, dont u? wow.gif

prodigalsunz
  • prodigalsunz

True wisdom is knowing that you know nothing

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:58 PM

The distance blur thingy does not seem to work for TBoGT, other blur fx works fine though.
Is this because of the greater view of distance in TBoGT? Anyway to fix this?
Everything works fine in TLaD. I'm using EFLC version.

vingebil
  • vingebil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:03 PM

This work on patch 1.0.0.6 ? smile.gif

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

To make it work in TBoGT you need to start TLAD 1st and turn off screen noise, than go play TBoGT!

Asires
  • Asires

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (prodigalsunz @ Jun 15 2010, 20:58)
The distance blur thingy does not seem to work for TBoGT, other blur fx works fine though.

It looks like TBoGT dont have FAR BLUR at all. only near, medium, and motion blur is present.
I found how to fix it, by editing original TBoGT timecyc.dat file.

unrar timecyc.dat file to your ...GTA4EFLC\TBoGT\pc\data\ directory. remember to make backup.

http://rapidshare.co...899/timecyc.rar

prodigalsunz
  • prodigalsunz

True wisdom is knowing that you know nothing

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (Asires @ Jun 17 2010, 02:35)
QUOTE (prodigalsunz @ Jun 15 2010, 20:58)

It looks like TBoGT dont have FAR BLUR at all. only near, medium, and motion blur is present.
I found how to fix it, by editing original TBoGT timecyc.dat file.

unrar timecyc.dat file to your ...GTA4EFLC\TBoGT\pc\data\ directory. remember to make backup.

http://rapidshare.co...899/timecyc.rar

Thanks for the timecyc file.
It works great biggrin.gif

Asires
  • Asires

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:46 PM

Looks like my mod works for all people. Good colgate.gif

uhyeahah
  • uhyeahah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

mr. voodooman, every time i try to apply the patch, every patch it keeps on failing to find the rage thing. and when i did my own search, it said nothing patched.
what's up with that?

EDIT: I Found the solution. thx.

ikt
  • ikt

• Members

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:29 PM Edited by ikt, 17 August 2010 - 02:33 PM.

Sup Voodooman. Could you tell me what addresses are edited? for Depht of Field?

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:42 AM

Offset of required bytes changed with latest patches, so i dont know it, one of versions of my patch uses heuristics to find required instructions and replace them wherever they are.

MTyga
  • MTyga

Thanks You God Always.

• Members

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:30 PM

Don't work for me.
Testing with GTA IV patch (1.0.4.0) - Failed
(1.0.7.0) - Failed

EFLC (1.0.2.0) - Failed too.

I can't run the exe files and always have this bullsh*t windows error. Windows tells me it can not access the file and that I may not be necessary rights to use this file (when I run well as an administrator) confused.gif
I hope someone find a solution.

rippi
  • rippi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:17 AM

is this tweak working properly with new patch 1.0.7.0 ?

thanksss smile.gif

Lemmy
  • Lemmy

Human Metacrawler

• Members

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:34 AM

No problems here with 1.0.7.0 on IV, works also fine with EFLC.

For the people that donīt get it work: pebcak.

Violins77
  • Violins77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

I can't open the patch, windows says I need administrative permission but I tried everything and it doesn't work. It doesn't bother me that much, I can do it manually, but I need the files. Can someone send me their rage_postfx.fxc file from smart heuristik version pelase? I have an HD 5870, so I need the one in the ATI DX10 folder.

Violins77
  • Violins77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:22 PM

Ok I got it to work by booting in safe mode... I also comfirm this work in EFLC with timecycle.dat mod for TBOGT.

haints
  • haints

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

Why has this file been removed from GTA Garage? Anyone know where I can find it?

njo
  • njo

Computers don't make mistakes...

• Members

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

Ditto to what haints said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users