» «
Photo

Alternative Graphics Tweak

157 replies to this topic
Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:32 AM Edited by Voodooman, 05 June 2010 - 08:28 PM.

Universal GTA 4 shader patch (U4SP for short) aka ALTERNATIVE GRAPHICS TWEAK.

Get it here http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=9683
THIS PATCH IS HOSTED AT GTAGARAGE , IT WAS TESTED AND APPROVED BY PatricW

Screenshot:

user posted image
*** more screenshots available at GTAGARAGE download page
http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=9683

Description:

This is universal rage_postfx.fxc shader patch.

Within every new patch, Rockstar brings new rage_postfx.fxc file with some tweaks and fixes, so keeping
outdated rage_postfx.fxc isnt good idea and could lead to gfx glitches and corruption.

This universal patch could disable Near, Middle and Far distance blur to suit your tastes and in same
time it will preserve all new changes made by Rockstar.

So if you are using that "Ultimate Graphics Tweak" with outdated rage_postfx.fxc, you really should get
rid of it and use this patch instead.

If Rockstar will ever release new patch, just make sure that rage_postfx.fxc was updated by rockstar's
official patch, then just run Universal GTA 4 shader patch again.

You may ask:
"How the hell this going to work with any new file, what if offset will change or something?"

i did few separate versions of patch, one version with fixed offset, and another one with heuristic
search of values that should be patched. In normal case you should use fixed offset version, but if it
will fails to patch, just run heuristic version.

Warning EFLC owners!
Patch 100% compatible with DLC version of EFLC TLAD and TBoGT!
To let if work in TLAD and TBoGT you need to disable noise filter!!!
Load the game 1st (this option isnt available if you not loaded game yet),
go to the pause menu, open the "display" section and turn off "noise effect".

user posted image

U4SP vs UGT:

You may ask me:
"Why do i need to use this, when i have Ultimate Graphics Tweak, whats the difference?"

And i can tell you the difference:

1) Multiplayer:

To make this thing clear from beginning - this is one of the most important difference comparing to
"Ultimate Graphics Tweak", you can play multiplayer with no problems, with no additional tools, and
without any magic tricks you used to do with UGT.

Magic is already inside this patch, and this magic is simple - you dont need modded visualeffects.dat
to have all waht Ultimate Graphics tweak promice to give you, its all in shader;-)

2) Always new shader:

Many users of UGT, including its so-called "Author" (who in fact isnt author of it), dont even realize
that outdated shader produced in January 2009 that they use, do not include all the fixes and optimization
that rockstar did in next patches and could be source of many problems they have with game (including
performance and graphical problems). When i recommended bartekxyz to call for original modder of shader
to perform same modification on new shader that was included in patch, he just ignored that and said
not true thing that there is no difference. There is a difference, latest rage_postfx.fxc includes
14590 new bytes, which are mostly new shader instructions.

So answer of bartekxyz was just an excuse for his not so big knowledge or Laziness, or even both of them.
But hey, now he could use my patch to create and finaly put updated shader, or he even can pack my
patch inside (i just hope he would not cut parts of my readme about him) ;-) (Read more about this in
"EXTRA NOTES" bellow)

3) Simple and fast usage:

You are old lazzy ex-programmer or ex-hardcore gamer? Or just noob? Or no one of them, but just a man
who care about his time and just dont want to waste it on many unnecessary things?
It doesnt matter who you are, in any case you will find U4SP aka AGT more comfortable than UGT.
Because all you need to do just perform 2 clicks
1st to run Patcher, 2nd to press on "Patch" button and enjoy result. Should i mention all that many
uncomfortable steps you need to do to install UGT and make it works for you? Nah i dont want even waste
time on this ;-)

4) Not so many unrealistic blur and no bullsh*t at all:

Blur blur blur, its everywhere in UGT, if someone shoot you - boom blur, someone hit your car - boom blur
again, you just driving at 20 km\h and see that motion blur... this isnt looks good if you have taste.
Well actually that unrealistic extra motion blur is all what bartecxyz realy did, just a 6 lines inside
visualsettings.dat... all the rest was done by Klanly and Belinda who wasnt even properly credited and was
left withour reward, when bartekxyz received one (Read more about this in "EXTRA NOTES" bellow) for what
klanly and belinda did.
Smooth Shadows, motion blur, depth of field, and all that bartekxyz present as results of "his" tweak,
are all actually was in game, and Klanly + Belinda just found the way how to separate them in shader and
disable one by one, and they produced that shader, that did all what you can find in description of
"Ultimate graphic tweak"... and just look at credit description for Klanly in credits:

"For a solution on how to separate static blur from DOF and MB."

and compare it to description of tweak

"Ultimate Graphics Tweak is a little modification which allow you to enable improved post processing effects
like Motion Blur and Depth Of Field.
It also smoothen dotted shadows and jaggy edges while keeping whole game sharp and clean. As a result game
feels like a movie, and is visibly smoother even at low frame rates (15-25FPS)."

Oh, wow, Belinda didnt took his credit? Actually he did that 3 versions of shader and finished what knaly
started, so why the heck he have no credit at all?

Aint this is bullsh*t?

I think that fair description that bartekxyz should type should be like this:

"Klanly - for discovery of method which allow you to enable improved post processing effects
like Motion Blur and Depth Of Field with smooth shadows and edges while keeping whole game sharp and clean.
As a result game feels like a movie, and is visibly smoother even at low frame rates (15-25FPS).

"Belinda - for extra research, and for 3 shaders he created that makes all tweaks possible"

"Ultimate Graphics Tweak is a tinny 6 lines in config which gives you just more intensive motion blur when
you use real graphics tweak created by klanly and belinda".

Thats looks justly and aint bullsh*ting anyone;-)

Use real product, not advertised dummy.

5) You can combine both:

If you didnt understood a word or you just weirdo, you can use patched rage_postfx.fxc with visualsettings.dat
from UGT, but in this case you will lose multiplayer, and most of advantages of Alternative Graphics Tweak.
Anyway, UGT never have had updated shader, so you should use this AGT, just to update shader for UGT usage.

Usage:

Look at file content_tree.png to understand idea of folder hierarchy first.
There are 12 versions of patch total, they are separated 1st by type of implementation:

1) Brute - these versions would patch any required bytes without checking if those bytes already patched
or mismatch

2) Smart - these versions would patch required bytes only in case if bytes wasnt patched and match
to default pattern (original raga_postfx.fxc produced by rockstar)

2nd they are separated by type of detection of bytes that needs to be patched:

1) offset - these versions would patch bytes only located at fixed offset

2) heuristic - these versions would perform autosearch of location of required bytes

3rd they are separate by type of blur (it could be enabled by pressing P button or by setting
Definition off at graphics settings) that this patch would remove•:

1) Near - only near aka full screen blur would be removed, this makes picture sharp at close distance
just as Blur never was turned on, but in same time medium blur (that makes shadows and trees smoother
and adds some minor pseudo-antialiasing effect on medium distance objects) and far blur (that makes
Depth of Field [DOF] effect on far distance objects) will remain.
This is recommended version.

2) Near+Medium - both near and medium blurs would be removed, but far blur aka DOF will stay.

3) Near+Medium+Far - all static blur would be removed, only motion blur remain.

In normal case i recommend you to use Smart offset, if it fails then Smart heuristic version.
If both of these fails or will give no visible result (this could happen in theory), than try brute heuristic
version.
If you already patched Shader and want to re-patch it to implement different tweak, than i recommend you
to use Brute offset one, it will override any current values, but keep in mind that this will work right
only if Smart Offset patch didn failed before, if it failed before and you was only able to patch with
Smart heuristic version, this mean that offset was changed, and use of brute offset version could damage file.

But dont worry too much, patch creates backup, if backup already present, than it will not override old backup
with new one.

Extra notes:

Patch created by Voodooman (v00d00m4n).
Thx to Klanly for his discovery that made this patch possible, also thx to Belinda for his additional
research that cleaned out Klanly's discovery. All credits should go to them.

Shame on bartekxyz who used klanly's discovery (that did almost whole trick) and used it in cheap
"Ultimate Graphics Tweak" to rise his fame and catch thx that realy was deserved by Klanly and Belinda.
UGT is really just a minor tweak of intensity of blur (too much motion blur to be honest), its not
even work without shader modded by Belinda (who wasnt even credited by bartekxyz), and shader inside UGT
is pretty outdated, still that old modded shader that belinda did in Jan 2009
(prove link).

However if you will use just patched rage_postfx.fxc instead of not so Ultimate Graphics Tweak you would
be able to play MP with no problems, if you will use modded visualSettings.dat from UGT, than game will
probably not let you play online.

Bartekxyz coundt even mod rage_postfx.fxc
(prove link)
and still uses outdated file that belinda did and belives that there is no difference. So why do he have
GTAF Award and Knanly and Belinda not? It not fair!

I did this patch and these notes not for fame, but for justice!
Nothing personal against bartekxyz (he is a nice guy, if you could forget for a second that "all fame
should go to me" behavior, and his ignorance about my old recommendation to update shader with help of
belinda, since he couldnt do it himself) just a justice business.

Its really unfair when someone use someone else as parasite and get all the fame instead of original
author.

Vote for klanly an belinda to get reward for that discovery!

History:

v0.9b
-initial public release

To you for reading this text.
To Klanly and Belinda for everything mentioned above.
To bartekxyz for his behavior that forced me to do this patch ;-)

-----------
Get latest version here
http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=9683

Please report bugs and get support here in this thread.

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:14 AM Edited by oc student, 28 December 2009 - 03:17 AM.

Hmmm this is intresting. So you are saying that Klanly and Belinda actually discovered and implemented most of these features while barklez didn't do nearly as much as he claims to have done?

EDIT: He does credit Klanly:

"Klanly - For a solution on how to separate static blur from DOF and MB."

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:34 AM

I think the answers to your questions are obvious and already in the post:

Smooth Shadows, motion blur, depth of field, and all that bartekxyz present as results of "his" tweak,
are all actually was in game, and Klanly + Belinda just found the way how to separate them in shader and
disable one by one, and they produced that shader, that did all what you can find in description of
"Ultimate graphic tweak"... and just look at credit description for Klanly in credits:

"For a solution on how to separate static blur from DOF and MB."

and compare it to description of tweak

"Ultimate Graphics Tweak is a little modification which allow you to enable improved post processing effects
like Motion Blur and Depth Of Field.
It also smoothens dotted shadows and jaggy edges while keeping whole game sharp and clean. As a result game
feels like a movie, and is visibly smoother even at low frame rates (15-25FPS)."

Oh, wow, Belinda didnt took his credit? Actualy he did that 3 versions of shader and finished what knaly
started, so why the heck he have no credit at all?

Aint this is bullsh*t?

I think that fair description that bartekxyz should type should be like this:

"Klanly - for discovery of methid which allow you to enable improved post processing effects
like Motion Blur and Depth Of Field with smooth shadows and edges while keeping whole game sharp and clean.
As a result game feels like a movie, and is visibly smoother even at low frame rates (15-25FPS).

"Belinda - for extra research, and for 3 shaders he created that makes all tweaks possible"

"Ultimate Graphics Tweak is a tinny 6 lines in config which gives you just more intensive motion blur when
you use real graphics tweak created by klanly and belinda".

Thats looks justly and aint bullsh*ting anyone;-)

And the rest you can see by yourself in original thread if you will click on some of PROVE LINKS posted above.

Have u seen belinda in credits? no (well belinda is modest guy, i remember he told bartek "its all Klanly, credit him" but its not just Klanly for sure and belinda was part of it)! Have u seen proper crediting of Klanly (proper means justly in this context, with expaination that 95% of what u see on UGT is done by Klanly) ? No!

Klanly is the man who debuged shader and who basicly found out how to disable near blur (which is 95% of UGT) and did 1st modded shader, and Belinda the man who did additional hex edit after Klanly's discovery and found solution how to disable medium and far blur and the man who created 3 different modded shaders (but i think bartek used just 2 of them) in Jan 2009 which you can find in all "Tweak's" from 1 to 7, also belinda explained (and discovered real meaning) to bartekxyz about these 6 lines (maybe 7 but surely less than 9) in visual settings dat, when bartekxyz didnt even get what they really do (he was claiming that X Y X in names just an axis dependend values, when in fact they are not, and belinda explained to bartek how wrong he is).

All here http://www.gtaforums...ic=385655&st=40 - thats original thread.

If you not sure about how just single modded shader work, try to use default vanilla visual settings dat and shader, and patch it with patches i provided (i hope u understood that using outdate shader is bad idea) and u will see all the same things u saw in UGT (just except the ultra intensive unrealistic motion blur). So thats a Real Graphics Tweak by Klanly and Belinda which i impemented in 12 patches to save peoples from manual hex editing.

Now when i explained this all again. Can you better tell me if patch worked for you and which one u used and what actions you done? U see its v0.9 pre-final beta and i need feedback to polish things up to put in 1.0 final release.

Tom™
  • Tom™

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:09 AM

Could someone get some pics?

thales100
  • thales100

TripleHeader

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:52 AM

Well, wtf is this Voodooman suicidal.gif , some kind of "lets rape, kill and burn bartekxyz" crusade ? mercie_blink.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:46 AM Edited by mkey82, 28 December 2009 - 11:50 AM.

QUOTE (thales100 @ Dec 28 2009, 12:52)
Well, wtf is this Voodooman  suicidal.gif   , some kind of "lets rape, kill and burn bartekxyz" crusade ?  mercie_blink.gif

Well, if his account of events is correct, then I don't see how Voodooman could be wrong. Miss crediting people ofr their work should be frowned upon as it's majorly irritating.

QUOTE (Voodooman @ Dec 28 2009, 04:32)
Within every new patch, Rockstar brings new rage_postfx.fxc

This part is not true and you should remove it from your post.

Also, this thread is in the wrong section so it will be closed sooner then later.

thales100
  • thales100

TripleHeader

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Dec 28 2009, 11:46)
Well, if his account of events is correct, then I don't see how Voodooman could be wrong. Miss crediting people ofr their work should be frowned upon as it's majorly irritating.

Bartekxyz thread has over 280.000 views since Dec 21 2008 (one year ago), and its a sticky for all these months, i am sure its a legit tweak already discussed, tested and aproved by many users and staff members of gtaforums, plus some pc gaming sites such as pcgaminghardware.com.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:32 PM

I still stand behind my previous statement.

thales100
  • thales100

TripleHeader

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:38 PM

I reported this thread, lets see how it goes.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (thales100 @ Dec 28 2009, 13:14)

Bartekxyz thread has over 280.000 views since Dec 21 2008 (one year ago), and its a sticky for all these months, i am sure its a legit tweak already discussed, tested and aproved by many users and staff members of gtaforums, plus some pc gaming sites such as pcgaminghardware.com.

The 2 users mentioned just didn't need attention, and Bartekxyz might be an asshole, for not updating his things. He might even not know anything about these things.

Murcchachosa
  • Murcchachosa

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:15 PM

So bartek received his badge for nothing??
I never used his tweak tho.
Only env 4
But could you show pics please?
Or its has no differences?

Lodis
  • Lodis

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:33 PM

For anyone who has GTA IV installed into multiple directories or non standard locations, this patch won't do anything since it does not let you chose or browse to that location other than the default.

Astrixone
  • Astrixone

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:06 PM

This is actualy pretty good.
Its not a FPS booster but it did gave me 3-5 FPS.

bartekxyz
  • bartekxyz

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:16 PM

Oh.. I don't really give a flying f*ck about what was told here. As you know I don't post here anymore and I don't have time to argue. In Klanly's thread everything was told how to hack shader and with which tools so it's not if I'm able or not to modify it as everybody could after reading step by step how to do this. But I didn't want because new shaders just don't bring anything new and I just don't feel like maintaining anything anymore. I can just say you,voodooman were always butthurt and I remember all your trials of hijacking my thread. Try harder but I just let you know that I don't care. I can even give you my badge and my "trusted modder" status on gtagarage.. *throws medal*.. grab it russian geek

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:25 PM Edited by Voodooman, 28 December 2009 - 03:51 PM.

Wow, "thx" but i dont need it. I dint do that shader, and not like u im not bullsh*tin peoples.

What u said you did?
Whats yo excuse about Belinda not been credited at all and Klanly was credited as he didnt do anything useful?
Whats yo excues about too much false advertising?

U say butthurt? Well your Lie, unfairness about Klanly and Belinda, and all your self_PR+parasite behavior and total lack of justice, that what hurts me, and not in a butt, but in a heart.

See my MOTTO above avatar? It says "Justice warrior" - it means i always fight for justice, against lie, unfairness, because i cant just sit and watch how one man, use another man like a parasite and get everything that 2st man deserve.

And anyway u dont know what u talking about, if u think that 14 kb of difference in shader is "no difference". There is a difference, but how could u know.

You can see pics posted by Belinda at thread i mentioned in 1st post as Prove link.

here it is
http://www.gtaforums...ic=385655&st=60

Some pics will soo appear at GTAGARAGE (look for download link) as soon as they will aproved.
Aproval of patch to

I think i described all the difference in 1st post, arent i? )))

Basicly its same (visualy, with exeption of intensivity of motion blur that bartek has changed), but my patch only changing few bytes in rage_postfx.fxc (just as Klanly and belinda did it manualy) it does not use modified visualsettings.dat, but gives you same result + working muliplayer without any tricks.

thales100 Posted on Dec 28 2009, 15:14

quality tastes better than quantity!
This thread is about Quality)

Dont count views its for noobs) there are probably at least 1000+ views of that thread that i personaly did while was watchin after xyz)
Its sticky bcoz of personal decision of CharmingCharlie. Make the thread that he will like and that would be popular and he will stick it too)
CharmingCharlie as well as most of readers of UGT thread havent even seen original thread where this all was created by Klanly and Belinda, but i was there in that thread from begining and saw all of this with my own eyes, that why im showing that thread to everyone of you, so u all could see it too and judje for yourself (just dont forget to open eyes wider and dont be lazy and read whole topic, not selective few posts), and that why i did this patch.

But dont forget to name your Thread with some loud name like "SUPER DUPER MEGA GRAPHICS SOLUTION-fix all tha gta4 errors and get 1000 fps" and here you got, 1000 noobs will read every minute and some of these noobs would probably be one of newsmakers from site "pzgamesandsomesh*t.com" and he will bring you extra 1000 noobs to read you thread about 6 lines of cfg that do nothing but bluring screen so bad, so u cant see a sh*t exept a vehicle in a middle of screen, and for sure type there that it cures all gfx sh*tiness and gives you smooth image even if u have 2-5 fps, dont name real author of this.
And you could be the new hero of year))

Surely what xyz really did is PR-ed a lot his thread (lol some PR company should give him a job), wait he not just PRed it, he even PRed his GTA 4 movie and music mix with UGT (just open any Tweak file from his thread and see those bonus links), so he is all about self - PR.

Too bad he aint PR Klanly and Belinda (who really deserve this) like i did with this thread.

mkey82 Posted on Dec 28 2009, 14:46
  QUOTE (thales100 @ Dec 28 2009, 12:52)
Well, wtf is this Voodooman    , some kind of "lets rape, kill and burn bartekxyz" crusade ?   

QUOTE (Voodooman @ Dec 28 2009, 04:32)
Within every new patch, Rockstar brings new rage_postfx.fxc

This part is not true and you should remove it from your post.

Also, this thread is in the wrong section so it will be closed sooner then later. 

No it isnt in wrong section, its in same section as Ultimate Graphics Tweak, so to begin with Ultimate Graphics Tweak is in wrong section, but it wasnt closed it was even pined. So since this Thread is alternative (much better alternative, if u understood whole U4SP vs UGT section of my 1st post) to Ultimate Graphic Thread, and in same time it could be a must have addition to UGT (well its add necessary real credits and historical facts about how UGT appeared, as well as it adds updated shader for everyone who uses UGT)...
Justly it should not be moved or closed, its should be sticked right under UGT thread (i dont mind if this thread will stay under UGT, K&B&me could live with that, but bartekxyz im afraid not) for justice, for peoples who should know the truth, for peoples who want alternative to oudated files, for those who hate messy manual installation and too much blur, and for those prefer comfort and truth, and for KLANLY AND BELINDA, who did that possible and was forgotten.

Amd about every new patch its true, i know what im talking about.

Latest 3 patches have had new rage_postfx.fxc , 1st 2 havent , but since 3 > 2 and is the most its true statement, also dont forget, that you cannot know for sure if new patches (there surely will be at least 2 patches, 1 will land probably with release of Lost and Damned soon, and another one will add Gay tony archivements and support and will be released later, + there could be patches that will fix errors of these patches)) will have update rage_postfx.fxc or same as it was in previuos patch.

But in any case you would be ready for this with my patch, and UGT have oudated shader shorter for 14k (big number of shader instructions) than latest you could have with my patch.
So no matter what you think, if u want clear image and latest updates together with mp, u have no better choice than this patch.

OH BTW, THIS PATCH IS HOSTED AT GTAGARAGE , IT WAS TESTED AND APROVED BY PatricW

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Lodis @ Dec 28 2009, 17:33)
For anyone who has GTA IV installed into multiple directories or non standard locations, this patch won't do anything since it does not let you chose or browse to that location other than the default.

it actually does, its aint use fixed path, it automaticly detects your installation folder.

And in case if automatic detection is impossible for some reason, the dialog will popup and will promt you to manualy select directory with required file.

So please, if u just looked at screenshot of patch GUI and didn saw ther "BROWSE" button, dont act like noob and dont post false information based on your imagination, just try to run patch 1st, post opinion or feedback second.

Also there is an extra feature, u can poot patch in a root of gta4 directory, if autosearch will fail (if u miss registry values) patch will just use path relative to current working directory.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:51 PM

Nice, but ENB still doesn't work with the patch. tounge.gif

thales100
  • thales100

TripleHeader

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (ikt @ Dec 28 2009, 13:44)
The 2 users mentioned just didn't need attention, and Bartekxyz might be an asshole, for not updating his things. He might even not know anything about these things.

Go back to the bar kid suicidal.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:58 PM

Oh look everyone it's voodooman having a hissy fit again, lying through his teeth and doing his damnedest to attack people he personally doesn't like on this board. Let's just take this lil snippet shall we :-

QUOTE (Voodooman @ Dec 28 2009, 16:25)
Its sticky bcoz of personal decision of CharmingCharlie. Make the thread that he will like and that would be popular and he will stick it too)

Hey guess what Voodooman I never stickied that topic mercie_blink.gif it was actually stickied by an admin I believe. But hey why let that get in the way of you having a go at me eh. Personally it is scum like you that is ruining this board and part of the reason I don't bother with this forum any more. I would ask you to do GTAF a favour and take your childish attitude elsewhere. However your childish attitude makes you fit right in here on this board.

bartekxyz
  • bartekxyz

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:00 PM

Ok... I can tell you whole story about UGT... When I first run GTA4 (mid december 2008) on my computer I was like "Hell, how grainy and stuttering it is on twenty-something FPS" and as I know few things about video processing I stumbled upon idea of stronger motion blur for more fluent animation on lower framerates and more intense depth of field to hide low LOD distance and all those grains of 1-bit alpha channel. So I registered here and asked how can I achieve such effects. Somebody pointed me in right direction telling that I should try looking in visualsettings.dat. And I did. With trials and errors I tweaked it to fit my personal taste. But then I decided to make thread and help other people who couldn't stand stuttering and grains. And that's how UGT thread was made. But still there was that ugly static blur filter which was unable to get rid of. Then klanly popped out of nowhere with same proplem in "how to separate dof and motion blur" thread. After few days he and belinda found values in ragepost_fx shader which minimised static blur while keeping DOF and motion blur intact. I tried it with my tweaked visualsettings and it was just perfect, almost AA. I asked for permission and belinda told that I can use it but with credit for klanly who discovered it first. And I incoroprated it and released. Then mkey suggested me that it would be good to make all combinations of effects and put it in table(even provided me with bbcode template). I did what he said and also asked thales100 if he could make screenshots. The last thing I made was promo video. And that's the whole story. Oh, it wasn't Charlie who stickied it but anuj, medal was given to me by Waddy for attention, gtaforums gained on other portals like pcgh(it is good promotion for forum after all). Trusted modders status was given to me by Suction Testicle Man. I never ever said I'm a coder or modder or anything. I was just a right guy in right place in right time with right idea. And yes, there was a PR in this... but it was f*cking perfect PR what you can see with all articles about this tweak and whole attention it gained. And voodooman was butthurt because he is uber-coder who is even thinking in assembler and he can't stand that guy without such a knowledge gained such an attention and not him. And why I never updated UGT? Because I'm too lazy and I never really cared and never wanted all that attention. UGT is not my precious baby. It was created by accident so I never felt It's job of my life and I need to polish it. That's all

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:01 PM Edited by Voodooman, 28 December 2009 - 04:10 PM.

Dude.

I suppose it was a joke or it just you GTA4 dont work with ENB on you configuration even without patch. And im pretty sure about this, because at my PC it works fine.

And just think a little about what u said) u not runing patch itself with ENB, u runing GTA 4 with ENB, but patch is just a tool which changing very few bytes in shader)

So path itself should not work with ENB, but GTA4 patched with it should, since nothing major really got changed in gta4 render - just a blur post fx (which applied over render scene) turned off to make your picture sharp and clean and preserve other good things that turned on with "P" button.

Bartekxyz chill, i posted links to that thread where shader was created, stop yelling and bring pathetic excuses, peoples aint blind and can see by themsefls who is right and who aint.

So let me now concentrate on patch feedback, just keep silence and listen what peoples will say.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:09 PM

Explain Bartekxyz's side of this all. He seems right-o.

@ ENB: ENB Series runs fine without any modified rage_postfx things, because ENB Series replaces the bloom, but somehow things get stuck. And ENB isn't just a post-fx thing. Explain the modification of the cars reflection to be sharper and the improved lights in the distance. It isn't 'just' color correction, it kinda modifies the whole lighting sh*t.

But that's me. Now i STFU and GTFO before i make myself look stupid, which i am.

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:16 PM Edited by Voodooman, 28 December 2009 - 06:32 PM.

thats strange, whats your pc specs? i mean real one) i dont think u playin on 3DFx Voodoo 2))

Im gonna talk about that issue with Boris this evening, we know each other so maybe this could be fixed from ENB side if its not your PC specs and something major.

as about mr xyz:

He is all in this sentence (his words): "And yes, there was a PR in this... but it was f*cking perfect PR what you can see with all articles about this tweak and whole attention it gained." )
So could this be right to Klanly and Belinda? See he cant even understand, that im asking you guys to vote for Klanly and Belinda because im freakin altruistic justice fanboy, and he compares me to himself (nothing comparable) and think that i was trying "hijack" his thread (lol i just posted one there my alternate config with reduced motion blur and enhanced depth of field intensivity, and he started to bitch on me in same way as u may see at page 1 and there was clearly visible message "GTFO of my thread, im a god and king here, only me should get the fame and only me could post tweaks here... raaaaar" in his words), he trowing at me his medals and acting realy nervous. Realy pathetic, i was expecting he could live with that, but he dont like rivals and dont like to share the fame with anyone lol and just confirming my words about his behavior))

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:43 PM Edited by ikt, 28 December 2009 - 04:47 PM.

QUOTE (Voodooman @ Dec 28 2009, 17:16)
thats strange, whats your pc specs? i mean real one)  i dont think u playin on 3DFx Voodoo 2))

Im gonna talk about that issue with Boris this evening, we know each other so this could be fixed from ENB side if its not your PC specs.

No problem, many people think the rig in my sig is my actual rig. tounge.gif
Core2Quad Q8300 (2.5GHz)
4GB DDR2 RAM
HD4830 512MB OC

The problem occurs when ENB is turned on in scenes where there is bloom. The bloom effect stays on the screen without updating, thus leaving a ghosty image of the scene when ENB was turned on. Now i play with the original thing, and GTA IV looks lovely with ENB's bloom. If any graphics tweaks like UGT/AGT are applied, this happens. I don't know if it's in the DOF, the smooth shadows or in the motion blur, but it happens.

Even with the P filter off, (Or defenition on, it's the same) this happens.

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:50 PM Edited by Voodooman, 28 December 2009 - 04:53 PM.

which version of ENB do u use and can you post config of ENB ? As far as i know latest GTA 4 enb have very short config and most of features are off, except AA and some few things.
Try to download again latest gta 4 enb from enbdev.com
maybe u have just outdated version.

Or maybe your settings too hight to use with 4x AA (i see u have 512mb of vram which is pretty low for gta 4 even without enb).

try to lower them. and tell me how exactly its aint work? Crash? Gta 4 just dont start? etc

Forget that, i skiped somehow your explaination or u just added it later.

Just post your config and version, and try to disable bloom at ENB and leave just AA. Also any screens?

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Voodooman @ Dec 28 2009, 17:50)
which version of ENB do u use and can you post config of ENB ? As far as i know latest GTA 4 enb have very short config and most of features are off, except AA and some few things.
Try to download again latest gta 4 enb from enbdev.com
maybe u have just outdated version.

Or maybe your settings too hight to use with 4x AA (i see u have 512mb of vram which is pretty low for gta 4 even without enb).

try to lower them. and tell me how exactly its aint work? Crash? Gta 4 just dont start? etc

Everything works, there just is this irritating ghost-screen effect. I'll make a screen of it using UGT.
(Using latest version, i don't use AA since GTA IV alone kills my PC) (GTA 4 antialiasing test 0.076e)
Config:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=
[GLOBAL]
AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini
UseEffect=true
[ENGINE]
ForceDisplaySize=false
ForceDisplayRefreshRate=false
AntialiasingSampleCount=4
DisplayRefreshRateHz=75
DisplayWidth=1280
DisplayHeight=1024
[INPUT]
KeyUseEffect=123
KeyCombination=16
KeyScreenshot=44
[REFLECTION]
ReflectionPower=1.5
ChromePower=1.0
[BLOOM]
BloomQuality=0

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:05 PM Edited by mkey82, 28 December 2009 - 05:10 PM.

QUOTE (Voodooman @ Dec 28 2009, 17:25)
No it isnt in wrong section, its in same section as Ultimate Graphics Tweak,  so to begin with Ultimate Graphics Tweak is in wrong section

Yes, I consider them both to be in the wrong section.

QUOTE (Voodooman @ Dec 28 2009, 17:25)
Amd about every new patch its true, i know what im talking about.

Latest 3 patches have had new rage_postfx.fxc , 1st 2 havent

God, you are daft. Here you yourself admit not every patch had a new .fxc file confused.gif And the only new files contained in the 4th patch were exe files so nope, that one neither had a new shader file. Don't know about the prior updates, but nevertheless your initial statement is obviously wrong.

bartekxyz
  • bartekxyz

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

So I'm pathetic? I'm yelling? It's not me who's seeking for attention. Look at yourself and all that noise you generated. if somebody is pathetic, it is you. Charlie was right saying that:

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Dec 28 2009, 18:58)
Oh look everyone it's voodooman having a hissy fit again, lying through his teeth and doing his damnedest to attack people he personally doesn't like on this board.  Let's just take this lil snippet shall we :-

QUOTE (Voodooman @ Dec 28 2009, 16:25)

Hey guess what Voodooman I never stickied that topic mercie_blink.gif it was actually stickied by an admin I believe. But hey why let that get in the way of you having a go at me eh. Personally it is scum like you that is ruining this board and part of the reason I don't bother with this forum any more. I would ask you to do GTAF a favour and take your childish attitude elsewhere. However your childish attitude makes you fit right in here on this board.

We remember how you were acting earlier, you look like new sheriff... but only for new users. Old members remember your previous sh*t posting. All that your shouting about justice, about your patch being so great and your connections with Boris.. Aren't that type of people like you called "attention seeking whores"? Correct me if I'm wrong. Oh, and you are bit too late with your attack as UGT is not so popular now so there is not a big piece of cake to share. I'm really sorry for you.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

What are you talking about, CC never released any patches.

bartekxyz
  • bartekxyz

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Dec 28 2009, 20:19)
What are you talking about, CC never released any patches.

If it was reply to my post, read it once again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users