Photo

100 things the next GTA game needs to be better

73 replies to this topic
leeg1931
  • leeg1931

That's what she said.

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (Algonquin Bridge @ Dec 28 2009, 02:03)
QUOTE (leeg1931 @ Dec 28 2009, 01:51)
PS- What's pl0x??

EDIT: Sorry to stray from the topic but could someone tell me what IMO means, I'm kinda new here and people keep using it so I'd likev to know what they're talking about

pl0x = Please
IMO = In My Opinion

As for OP...unsure about the dismemberment...although it did work in Scarface: The World is Yours.

I would love to be able to drive trains and/or crash them via trucks on the tracks.

Thanks mate

gta_rulez
  • gta_rulez

Rockster Noord

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:12 AM

The only thing I really want is no more motion blur. I just played it for the first time on my new Full HD LCD screen and it just looks horrible when you look about 3 meters from Niko. On my SD screen it looked great.

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:50 AM

You are a pretty sick psychopath Cobra. They need to add a knife that would allow YOU to slice people across the face and hear them scream?

shadow magikarp
  • shadow magikarp

Waiting for GTA cTW psp

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:49 AM

Cant believe i read the whole list wow.gif

GTA_getaway_driver
  • GTA_getaway_driver

They see me Rollin'

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:25 AM

About 70% of the things here are 100% useless.
Reason for me saying is that R* only puts special features in their games due to them being required for missions. That's the only reason why SA had Miniguns, Jetpacks, swimming, ect.
And invincibility cheat? There was one in SA but was useless against falling and explosives.
So stop ranting about useless crap that don't need to be in the game, if it will be needed in a mission R* will put it in there, R* can't make everyone happy. And if 1 person (you) wants all this crap in the game, they wont even bother to review it.

Ad Rem
  • Ad Rem

Trick

• The Precinct

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Cobra_Hunter @ Dec 28 2009, 00:16)
First of all, I don't know why you all think my ideas are 'creepy' and 'disturbing'.

I think all of my ideas would be genuinely fun and make for great game play.

I can't possibly understand how you could find strangling people and listening to their screams entertaining. Sure we all kill people in these games and I can
understand how hitting a ped with a car can be fun but simply pressing a button and watching an NPC choke, you have to be wrong in the head to enjoy that.

DimitriRUS
  • DimitriRUS

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:31 PM

Here is my dream GTA:

Detailed map
Realistic weapons (no miniguns, heat seeking rocket launchers, I dont want call of duty game), GTA4 was good, but BOGT was over-done
Good, long storyline. I enjoyed GTA4 and its DLCs like I was reading book or something.
Main character with interesting past, like Niko did.
Graphics and physics like in GTA4
Much activities to do with friends and alone.
Multiplayer with some of extra story missions (like Deal breaker, bomb da base)
Car customization like in Need for speed games.

Cobra_Hunter
  • Cobra_Hunter

PURE EVIL

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:28 PM Edited by Cobra_Hunter, 29 December 2009 - 07:35 PM.

oc student

You are a pretty sick psychopath Cobra. They need to add a knife that would allow YOU to slice people across the face and hear them scream?

oc, it's just a game. Lighten up. wink.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ad Rem

I can't possibly understand how you could find strangling people and listening to their screams entertaining. Sure we all kill people in these games and I can
understand how hitting a ped with a car can be fun but simply pressing a button and watching an NPC choke, you have to be wrong in the head to enjoy that.

Ad Rem... You ever heard of a double standard? sarcasm.gif
You think it's fun to hit a ped with a car, I would find it fun to strangle people in the street with bare hands - Looks like we're both sick then - and it's just a matter of taste. Some people prefer knifes to guns etc. By the way I wouldn't just want to push a button and watch them be strangled - I'd like to grip them by the neck and button bash to gain the force needed to strangle - they could add a feature to the strangle attack - like if you rotate the stick (PS3) the neck snaps like a chickens - and depending how much focre you worked up with the button bashing would depend how much of a degree their neck broke - maximum force breaking theiur neck completely around so their head faces the wrong direction like in The Exorcist. inlove.gif

P.S- I just enjoy killing in GTA games - and the more ways I can do that - the better. Once I found a long high row of steps running down off a main street in Liberty City. I set fire to the middle section of the steps - using bodies to keep it lit, then pushed walking peds down with force causing them to injure as they tumbled backwards and sidewards down the steps - they caught fire when they reached the middle section - which added agony to their journey of death. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! lol.gif devil.gif moto_whistle.gif lol.gif

ViceCity09
  • ViceCity09

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

Wow you want a really graphic game don't you? No thanks, I like the level of violence that GTA IV had and I wouldn't want to get a cheese grater and hear them scream.

I know it's a game but doing stuff that violent would put me off the game immensly. bored.gif

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

Wow what a strange theory, i mean play manhunt not GTA that is just sick and disturbing mate.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:16 PM

I liked the ideas Cobra, I definitely support the bullet wounds to be shown and the Terminator guns. Also basically everything else in the list. But to be honest it would get banned pretty quickly if it was implemented.

And your not a psycho, it's GTA we're talking about here haha.

leeg1931
  • leeg1931

That's what she said.

• Members

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:17 PM

Strangling, mass executions, cheese-grater weapons, screaming murder victims, "No Russian" styled killings, impailed bodies?!

WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!

Suggestions like "A more detailed map" or "Cool protagonist background" and sh*t like that... THAT'S OK

But some. SOME of your suggestions for the next GTA are sick and please, do me a favour, in future keep ideas like this TO YOURSELF

And R* if you are reading this

PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T IMPLEMENT IDEAS LIKE THIS

I DON'T WANT GTA TO GET BANNED!!!!

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Cobra_Hunter @ Dec 27 2009, 20:27)
25) Ability to shoot yourself in the head with any off your guns and commit suicide with any othr weapon - stab yourself etc.
e - or bribe.

47) You invade the cities prison and wreak havoc - killing screws and busting out insane killers etc.

-no emo's in games PLEASE!

-making new friends, meeting new peoples like you lol.gif

blahblah1212
  • blahblah1212

Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:11 AM

1) Invincibility cheat. - For once, let's have it!
Dude, invincibility really ruins the game, takes away all the challenge.
2) Ability to jump high and far - like in San Andreas.
Play San Andreas?
3) The ability to perform a stealth kill - slicing throats from behind - like in San Andreas.
Uhm, San Andreas?
4) A reduced number of cops - Too many in GTA4 got in the way of everything you did constantly.
Maybe if you were smart, you would realize that if you went around New York shooting people, the police force would be up in arms.
5) Mini Gun - like in Vice City (only with a better aiming system)
Play Vice City
6) If you shoot someone they react more realistically - like not just getting up and running, continueing to shoot you.
Relevant point, I'll give you this one
7) Heads, arms, legs, hands etc - blow off/apart when hit with a 12 gauge shotgun from point blank range. or with sniper rifle.
Play a III era game?
8) Body parts blow off victims with bomb blasts from bazooka or grenade, exploding car etc.
Have to admit this would be fun
9) You can put the moves on a woman in the street and don't require hookers.
Go and try it in real life. turn.gif
10) You don't sound like Borat, infact I think no voice at all is best - as was the case in GTA3 for PS2.
I found the accent quite amusing, turn off the sound if you find it that annoying. (Side Note: He wasn't just silent on the PS2 version)
11) Screw drivers. Vice City
12) Hammers. Vice City
13) Chainsaw. Vice City or San Andreas
14) Michael Myers mask. lol, wtf?
15) Jason hockey mask - as in San Andreas and Vice City. What's with you and horror film masks?
16) Character doesn't put phone away when shot - as this prevents access to the cheat menu when needed. Don't you think if you got shot in real life you'd drop your phone? They even toned it down for you, stop bitching
17) Large kitchen knife. Might actually be fun
18) Better ability to stab when person's on ground. I found ground stabbing okay
19) Swim/hide under water. Play San Andreas, seriously
20) Ability to stand/crouch on cars that are moving and maintain balance - as you could in Vice City and San Andreas. Try that in real life turn.gif
21) In the statistics menu - it should state how many COPS you've killed. Not just 'PEOPLE' and Criminals. Okay, that would be good
22) To sprint - just hold in x - rather than having to tap it. Get a turbo controller or some sh*t
23) To jog or walk slower or faster - just alternate the degree of how far you push the control stick - like in San Andreas/ Vice City. Point?
24) Ability to lock on to a dead target - needed in order to do an over kill - like repeatedly stomp someones head and stab them etc. You are sick my friend
25) Ability to shoot yourself in the head with any off your guns and commit suicide with any othr weapon - stab yourself etc. PLEASE DO THIS ONE IN REAL LIFE
26) To be able to hear cars coming from further away - so that you don't get hit by a computer generated spawned car crossing roads. What did your mother tell you? No playing in the street and look both ways before you cross
27) Cops should have a fear/respect meter for you. They fear you if you kill many of them and respect you if do vigil anti missions. I see where you're going with that, that might be fun actually
28) Parachutes! Bring back Sky Diving! The Ballad of Gay Tony icon14.gif
29) Ability to change/alter/morph body size shape - either via eating and gym or via cheat (cheat preferable). That got so f*cking annoying in San Andreas
30) Ability to moderate your cars/vehicles - adding guns/weapons to cars also. Meh, maybe alright
31) Car bombs - like in the older GTA 2. Last time I checked, there were car bombs in IV
32) Remote control bombs that you can attach to pedestrians and or cars - as you could in San Andreas. The Ballad of Gay Tony
33) Ability to take down the airplanes that fly - jumbo jets etc. You can take them out with a heat seeker. Play MS Flight Simulator or something
34) You can block the train causing it to crash - using a truck etc. Trucks can't stop trains.
35) You can climb upon trian roof and ride it like your in the wild west. Yee-haw?
36) Flying cars. San Andreas.
37) Climb trees. What are you? 12?
38) Get into the sewers like Teenage mutant ninja turtles. LOL!
39) You should be able to get into more buildings/houses - even if there's nothing interesting inside - can provide cover. I agree, actually.
40) Your criminal rating should be more like a psychiatrists evaluation of your mentality - 'Insane', 'Ruthlessly Sadistic' etc. You'd know about that, wouldn't you?
41) Bullet holes appear in the parts of a body you shoot. For example: One in the forehead, 5 in the chest etc. Why?
42) You can recruit gang members as you could in San Andreas. Said it before, not going to say it again.
43) You can give your recruits instructions - options such as 'shoot anything that moves' or 'only kill cops' etc. Meh, maybe.
44) Banks can be robbed. Make a save before "Three Leaf Clover" and rob away!
45) Police stations can be raided - you can get inside like in Vice City and pull a Terminator attack on them. Might be fun.
46) If and when busted - you wake up in prison - but you can escape by killing your way out - Natural Born Killers style - or bribe. That sounds like it would get boring and tedious really fast.
47) You invade the cities prison and wreak havoc - killing screws and busting out insane killers etc. The Lost and Damned.
48) Stanley knife weapon - you can slice people across the face and watch them scream instead of always killing them. You are a sick mother f*cker, seriously.
49) You don't burst into flames as if you're doused in gasoline when merely walking over the corpse of burn victim - as in GTA4. That was immensely funny.
50) The taxi 'rides' was pointless - just automatically arrive at the selected location - nobody waits for the ride - scrap it. Sometimes I enjoy the ride.
51) When you pick up and object (eg: a brick) and throw it at someone - it cracks there head wide open and actually does damage. Dude...
52) You can become a public enemies if you kill over a certain amount of people - say: over 20,000 and then pedestrians begin to run when they see you coming or suprise you with ambush attacks on you with angry lynch mobs. That would f*ck up the game bad.
53) You must wear gloves and or a mask in order to prevent detectives tracing and catching up with you. If not they come looking. That's kinda gay.
54) A cheat to fly like superman would be awesome - just give the character the same mechanics as the helicopter - should work. Wow, just, wow.
55) A boiler/jumper suit - like Michael Myers from Halloween. confused.gif
56) A full Gas truck like in the film Duel - The Big Truck with the whole dangerous flanable back section attached for more force. Meh, might be fun.
57) Christine the car - the 1958 Plymouth Fury from the Stephen King novel and film by John Carpenter. What?
58) Great white sharks in certain waters - like in the Scarface game for PS2. Play Scarface.
59) A Zoo - so you can release the animals and the lions attack pedestrians etc. Fun to watch the mess you create. PETA would be all over Rockstar's ass.
60) Keep the missions nice and simple - it was anoying in GTA4 that EVERY mission turned into a double mission when things went wrong. Add plenty of hitman missions - infact that should be what you are - a hitman in the next GTA. You're such a retard, you know that? The difficult missions were the most fun, in my opinion.
61) Knuckle dusters - as in Vice City. Play Vice City.
62) A Laundrete - so you can wash the blood stains out of your clothes. Change your clothes, you know, like a human.
63) A car wash so you can wash the blood stains off of your car. There are tons of car washes. It was even featured in "Clean Getaway", one of the first missions. Wake up.
64) The Bat-Mobile that featured in Batman Begins. Lawsuit right there.
65) Better sunglasses. I agree.
66) Better and more variety of hats - including Cowboy hats. To go with the riding on the train?
67) Better and more clothes - including police uniforms, SWAT team & fire fighters outfits, leather jackets, ninja and cowboy suits. There are plenty of games like that.
68) Kick-ass boots - real head stompers - like Jasons in Freddy Vs Jason. No.
69) Ability to snap peoples necks like a chickens - *crack/snap* = dead. You're sick, but that would be kinda fun.
70) If you get into a bad accident - like falling under a train - you get torn into peices Mortal Kombat style blood and gore. I see potential.
71) Instead of working your way up the criminal ladder by taking verbal abuse by some gangster who has little to no respect for you - you have the option of just killing him and taking over that part of town quicker and easier. The game shouldn't be about running about for mobsters - it should be about killing any one that stands in your way and taking over every one every where. I think the Godfather games work like that. If not, whatever.
72) Cheese cutter to strangulate necks from behind. Ew...
73) Ability to perfrom a beheading - then use the head as a weapon to bash someone with. Play Afro-Ninja, I played a demo of that once.
74) Crossbow - handheld and large. That could be fun.
75) Fortify your home with various modifications - trap-doors and booby-traps inside & outside the grounds to snare intruders & cops. What intruders?
76) No internet in the game - this was tedious and a waste of time. I prefer the real internet if and when I want to go online. Here's an idea! Don't use it?
77) You can rob the gas stations. Do it in real life if you really want to.
78) You can hold up restaurants, cafe's, basically anywhere with a cash register. Meh.
79) When you've completed the game - you can order your men (gangsters) to do daily activities - such as round up pedestrians against walls and shoot them like the St Valentines Day Massacre. [color] Dude... [/color]
80) You acheive a Genocide award - like in GTA2 - by killing so many thousands of people - maybe 100,000. No comment.
81) You acheive a Cop Killa award like in the original GTA everytime you kill say 100 cops. I dunno.
82) The 45 longslide with laser sighting - The Terminator's gun of choice. I do believe there is a Terminator game.
83) The ability to torture and interogate people like in - The Punisher for PS2.
84) A tank like the one in Vice City - not San Andreas. GTA IV isn't Vice City.
85) An antic shop where you can purchase (or take) swords and war helmets and other random interesting stuff. Swords should include: a Scottish claymore, a Japanese Katana and a roman Gladius.
Play a ninja game or some sh*t. [/color]
86) A time machine phone box like in Docter Who / Bill & Ted - where you can visit the older PS2's Vice City and San Andreas - the graphics and people of the older city remaining the same - only you being the graphically updated character. That would be a memory sucker.
87) Sticks of dynamite that you can light with a fuse. No point?
88) A can off gasoline you can soak things/people with and light with your lighter or a cig you previously lit with the lighter. Once again, you are sick.
89) Throwing knives. Play Modern Warfare 2.
90) Ninja stars. Play a ninja game.
91) Access to inside the airport. Play Vice City.
92) Natural disasters - floods, earth quakes, volcano etc. A cheat that can also select either of these like the weather cheat. New York isn't subject to that very often, if ever. And they were trying to go for realism in this one.
93) A Tommy gun. Maybe fun.
94) A Magnum 44. Maybe fun.
95) A 357 Magnum - like Dirty Harry. Same.
96) The ability to drop the aluminium baseball bat to the ground after use - or any weapon for that matter. Love the noise of this. Love the noise? Seriously?
97) The ability to strangle someone with your bare hands. A little hard to do in broad daylight...
98) The ability to choke someone out with a sleeper hold - holding for longer to insure death. Same.
99) Chloroform and a rag to knock people out with - as in the game Hitman for PS2. Play Hitman.
100) The ability to drag/carry a body around - as in the game Hitman for PS2. Same.

Moral of the story:
1) Grand Theft Auto IV wouldn't copy a game from a different company.
2) Grand Theft Auto IV isn't San Andreas/Vice City/III
3) If you don't like the game, don't play it.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:27 PM

Seems to me you missed the point of what Gta IV wanted to achieve, and did so.

Oh, and things like

62) A Laundrette - so you can wash the blood stains out of your clothes.

Would you really ever use it that much? A lot of your ideas are things you would only ever use once, if ever. Which you complained was the problem in Gta IV. You have no clue, you're just throwing ideas around.

TheBruceter
  • TheBruceter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

I actually like the sound of some of they ideas. I don't understand all these 'your sic' people.. We all watch horror films, played Manhunt and come on we all have thought of more grittier gore in GTA.
I'd love Manhunt style sh*t in GTA smile.gif but well, R* get enough problems

but yeah as the other posters have said, play a diff GTA if your wanting specific stuff thats already been done. I still play IV daily and prob will do until the next one.

Big_D
  • Big_D

Easy-E

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:01 AM

101- To become ruler of the city and hold public executions to instill fear in the public. I'm thinking mass impalings - Vlad Tepes style - like creating a virtual forrest of thousands of impaled bodies. Roastings and burnings at the stake would be a good feature also.
73) Ability to perfrom a beheading - then use the head as a weapon to bash someone with.
24) Ability to lock on to a dead target - needed in order to do an over kill - like repeatedly stomp someones head and stab them etc.

Cobra_Hunter, those are the BEST IDEAS EVER!!!!!!!!

kareljanis
  • kareljanis

Player lover

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:00 AM

holding public executions, shooting yourself in the head, and impaling people? That'll get GTA banned. and you think putting kids in is disturbing but this form of despotism and cruelty isn't? no need to turn GTA into Manhunt, like 40% of these suggestions would work great in that game, but not GTA. this game is not about the gore or extreme forms of torture, manhunt is. go play that. i guess my main point is just, adding these things to GTA would cause a PR disaster of galactic proportions. and i dont want my favourite game series banned forever.

but some of your ideas are actually not half-bad. more melee weapons, changing the sprint function, pop culture referencing Easter eggs, stranglign and snapping peoples necks, i can do with.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:54 AM

Why not add kids? What's the difference between a 10 year old getting shot in the face, and 75 year old Jewish woman with a walker getting shot?

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:08 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 31 December 2009 - 06:36 AM.

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Dec 31 2009, 16:54)
Why not add kids? What's the difference between a 10 year old getting shot in the face, and 75 year old Jewish woman with a walker getting shot?

I personally wouldn't care that much either way if kids were included. I mean it would cause alot of heat for R*, but like you said it's actually no different then killing the elderly.

I myself would love it if there were little wannabe gangsta pricks included. I would have a field day.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Dec 31 2009, 06:08)

I personally wouldn;t care that much either way if kids were included. I mean it would cause alot of heat for R*, but like you said it's actually no different then killing the elderly.

I myself would love it if there were little wannabe gangsta pricks included. I would have a field day.

Aman to that! But yeah the only reason GTA or any open world game have never had killable kids is because it would be a media sh*t storm. If I were a small third party delevoper I would do if for free publicity. Fallout 3 did have kids but they just weren't killable. Would that be too hard at least?

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:40 AM

Yeah exactly. To me killing a virtual child is really not much different to killing a virtual adult. Since GTA has never had children as peds I don't think it's a necessity, but I wouldn't be upset if they were included.

It would make the city/state seem more realistic, and have more diversity. I don't think they should be inlcuded in the story, but what harm would it do if they were just normal peds?

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:31 AM

My opinion on every one of these ideas:

1) Invincibility cheat. - For once, let's have it!
San Andreas had an invincibility cheat, though you were still hurt from falling and being shot at from a police chopper, still.

2) Ability to jump high and far - like in San Andreas.
If it were a cheat, yes. If it is a natural ability in the game, no. Unless of course you're refering to climbing over walls and etc, then yes I agree.

3) The ability to perform a stealth kill - slicing throats from behind - like in San Andreas.

Yes I agree, but San Andreas' stealth kill system wasn't as in depth as it could've been.

4) A reduced number of cops - Too many in GTA4 got in the way of everything you did constantly.
Cops add to the challange, if they're smart. So I somewhat agree with you there.

5) Mini Gun - like in Vice City (only with a better aiming system)
And the M60 too.

6) If you shoot someone they react more realistically - like not just getting up and running, continueing to shoot you.
In GTA IV they fell over, stumbled, held their arms when you shot them, etc.

7) Heads, arms, legs, hands etc - blow off/apart when hit with a 12 gauge shotgun from point blank range. or with sniper rifle.
Yep that'd be awesome.

8) Body parts blow off victims with bomb blasts from bazooka or grenade, exploding car etc.
This too.

9) You can put the moves on a woman in the street and don't require hookers.
I don't really see the point in that.

10) You don't sound like Borat, infact I think no voice at all is best - as was the case in GTA3 for PS2.
Huh? No voices in GTA3 sounded like Borat, unless if you're refering to GTA IV; it's many of the characters' natural accents.

11) Screw drivers.
Please explain.

12) Hammers.
A usable sledge hammer would be awesome.

13) Chainsaw.
This too!

14) Michael Myers mask.
Who?

15) Jason hockey mask - as in San Andreas and Vice City.
Yeah. Also, relating to this they could also go more in depth with the burgulary missions.

16) Character doesn't put phone away when shot - as this prevents access to the cheat menu when needed.
I reckon it should be a chance thing, or depending on where you're shot. If you're shot in the arm then he puts the phone away, if he is shot anywhere else then he keeps on holding on to it.

17) Large kitchen knife.
That'd be alright.

18) Better ability to stab when person's on ground.
I'd like to be able to get on top of someone when they're on the ground and you can use you're knife to kill them.

19) Swim/hide under water.
Like in Assassin's Creed 2? That would be great to be able to hide under water in a GTA game.

20) Ability to stand/crouch on cars that are moving and maintain balance - as you could in Vice City and San Andreas.
If you could crouch then yeah, but standing on a moving car whilst maintaining balance? Seem's a bit unrealistic.

21) In the statistics menu - it should state how many COPS you've killed. Not just 'PEOPLE' and Criminals.
Didn't it already? I must of missed something here.. But if it isn't there I'd like to see it there.

22) To sprint - just hold in x - rather than having to tap it.
You could do that in GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories.

23) To jog or walk slower or faster - just alternate the degree of how far you push the control stick - like in San Andreas/ Vice City.
What would be the point?

24) Ability to lock on to a dead target - needed in order to do an over kill - like repeatedly stomp someones head and stab them etc.
I thought you could already do that, without locking onto them.

25) Ability to shoot yourself in the head with any off your guns and commit suicide with any othr weapon - stab yourself etc.
No point in this also.

26) To be able to hear cars coming from further away - so that you don't get hit by a computer generated spawned car crossing roads.
They did improve this from GTA San Andreas --> GTA IV.

27) Cops should have a fear/respect meter for you. They fear you if you kill many of them and respect you if do vigil anti missions.
I think it, rather than being a fear/respect meter, it should be a notorioty meter. If you have a high notorioty, they shoot you on site regardless of whether you have a wanted level or not.

28) Parachutes! Bring back Sky Diving!
I liked the fact that you could do that in San Andreas, but again, it could be more in-depth.

29) Ability to change/alter/morph body size shape - either via eating and gym or via cheat (cheat preferable).
Just so long as they don't put in a time limit of which you have to eat then that would be fine. It gets annoying when you're in the middle of something in San Andreas and a message pops up saying "You are becoming hungry".

30) Ability to moderate your cars/vehicles - adding guns/weapons to cars also.
You mean modify. And yeah, I agree that would be awesome.

31) Car bombs - like in the older GTA 2.
There have always been car bombs avalable in the GTA games.

32) Remote control bombs that you can attach to pedestrians and or cars - as you could in San Andreas.
I would like to see the satchel charges again, or something similar. Maybe C4?

33) Ability to take down the airplanes that fly - jumbo jets etc. You can take them out with a heat seeker.
You can do that with a rocket launcher.

34) You can block the train causing it to crash - using a truck etc.
I always found trains to be over powered as compaired to everything else, so this would be pretty awesome.

35) You can climb upon trian roof and ride it like your in the wild west.
If it were involved in a mission, then yes.

36) Flying cars.
As a cheat, then yes.

37) Climb trees.
Could be useful if you're running from the cops.

38) Get into the sewers like Teenage mutant ninja turtles.
Could also be useful and could make for some interesting mission scenary.

39) You should be able to get into more buildings/houses - even if there's nothing interesting inside - can provide cover.
Comercial buildings, shops, stores, etc. Yes. Houses, no.

40) Your criminal rating should be more like a psychiatrists evaluation of your mentality - 'Insane', 'Ruthlessly Sadistic' etc.
And depending on your criminal rating it should also affect how fast your wanted level goes up and how much police pressence there is.

41) Bullet holes appear in the parts of a body you shoot. For example: One in the forehead, 5 in the chest etc.
Would be a realistic touch to the game.

42) You can recruit gang members as you could in San Andreas.
I'd like to see that return, just so long as your gang don't have an IQ of below 0.

43) You can give your recruits instructions - options such as 'shoot anything that moves' or 'only kill cops' etc.
That would be interesting, I'd like to be able to rank up your recruits too in some ways. So if you go on a robary or partake in missions with them they will rank up, get more health and better weapons, etc.

44) Banks can be robbed.
Look above! I agree.

45) Police stations can be raided - you can get inside like in Vice City and pull a Terminator attack on them.
Look above also, could also be another way to rank up your recruits.

46) If and when busted - you wake up in prison - but you can escape by killing your way out - Natural Born Killers style - or bribe.
Bribe, yes. Escape or die, no.

47) You invade the cities prison and wreak havoc - killing screws and busting out insane killers etc.
Could make for an interesting mission.

48) Stanley knife weapon - you can slice people across the face and watch them scream instead of always killing them.
Could be realistic

49) You don't burst into flames as if you're doused in gasoline when merely walking over the corpse of burn victim - as in GTA4.
Would also be cool

50) The taxi 'rides' was pointless - just automatically arrive at the selected location - nobody waits for the ride - scrap it.
I liked this feature acturally. It is better than driving across the whole map to do a mission.

51) When you pick up and object (eg: a brick) and throw it at someone - it cracks there head wide open and actually does damage.
Would be realistic and quite cool.

52) You can become a public enemies if you kill over a certain amount of people - say: over 20,000 and then pedestrians begin to run when they see you coming or suprise you with ambush attacks on you with angry lynch mobs.
Refer to my reply on the Criminal ratings idea.

53) You must wear gloves and or a mask in order to prevent detectives tracing and catching up with you. If not they come looking.
A realistic and interesting touch here.

54) A cheat to fly like superman would be awesome - just give the character the same mechanics as the helicopter - should work.
Or the same mechanics as the hydra fighter jet in San Andreas.

55) A boiler/jumper suit - like Michael Myers from Halloween.
Maybe.

56) A full Gas truck like in the film Duel - The Big Truck with the whole dangerous flanable back section attached for more force.
More realistic explosion effects in regard to this would be great.

57) Christine the car - the 1958 Plymouth Fury from the Stephen King novel and film by John Carpenter.
Don't really know much about this to comment on it.

58) Great white sharks in certain waters - like in the Scarface game for PS2.
Would add to the challange.

59) A Zoo - so you can release the animals and the lions attack pedestrians etc. Fun to watch the mess you create.
Could make for an interesting mission.

60) Keep the missions nice and simple - it was anoying in GTA4 that EVERY mission turned into a double mission when things went wrong. Add plenty of hitman missions - infact that should be what you are - a hitman in the next GTA.
NO! It would be too easy to beat otherwise and too generic. Some hitman missions would be good, but not the entire game and besides, there are already other games out there that are based on making hits on targets.

61) Knuckle dusters - as in Vice City.
Yeah they'd be cool.

62) A Laundrete - so you can wash the blood stains out of your clothes.
Would be intersting, but too much trouble.

63) A car wash so you can wash the blood stains off of your car.
Would also be interesting and could be an idea to lower your notorioty (look above).

64) The Bat-Mobile that featured in Batman Begins.
A vehicle like that would be cool, but not the exact same thing.

65) Better sunglasses.
Depending on the location then yes. Such as if it were set in Vice City.

66) Better and more variety of hats - including Cowboy hats.
Same as above. If it were set in an American desert area then it could work.

67) Better and more clothes - including police uniforms, SWAT team & fire fighters outfits, leather jackets, ninja and cowboy suits.
If the game were set somewhere in Japan, then ninja outfits could work.

68) Kick-ass boots - real head stompers - like Jasons in Freddy Vs Jason.
Can't really comment on this as I have never heard of that.

69) Ability to snap peoples necks like a chickens - *crack/snap* = dead.
Would be cool.

70) If you get into a bad accident - like falling under a train - you get torn into peices Mortal Kombat style blood and gore.
Would also be cool and realistic.

71) Instead of working your way up the criminal ladder by taking verbal abuse by some gangster who has little to no respect for you - you have the option of just killing him and taking over that part of town quicker and easier. The game shouldn't be about running about for mobsters - it should be about killing any one that stands in your way and taking over every one every where.
That would also be cool to make the story change course.

72) Cheese cutter to strangulate necks from behind.
Why couldn't you just have wire? That would work too.

73) Ability to perfrom a beheading - then use the head as a weapon to bash someone with.
Now that is just insane.

74) Crossbow - handheld and large.
Would be cool depending on where the game is set.

75) Fortify your home with various modifications - trap-doors and booby-traps inside & outside the grounds to snare intruders & cops.
That would be pretty cool too.

76) No internet in the game - this was tedious and a waste of time. I prefer the real internet if and when I want to go online.
GTA IV's internet was pretty much optional to use anyway.

77) You can rob the gas stations.
Yes.

78) You can hold up restaurants, cafe's, basically anywhere with a cash register.
Would be awesome.

79) When you've completed the game - you can order your men (gangsters) to do daily activities - such as round up pedestrians against walls and shoot them like the St Valentines Day Massacre.
I don't like the idea of doing that, but by getting your gang to do roberies to rank them up and get them better weapons would be great.

80) You acheive a Genocide award - like in GTA2 - by killing so many thousands of people - maybe 100,000.
Would be cool, but maybe 10,000 people?

81) You acheive a Cop Killa award like in the original GTA everytime you kill say 100 cops.
Would ne cool too.

82) The 45 longslide with laser sighting - The Terminator's gun of choice.
That'd be awesome!

83) The ability to torture and interogate people like in - The Punisher for PS2.
That could work in lowering your notorioty with the cops (look above).

84) A tank like the one in Vice City - not San Andreas.
Just so long as the tank doesn't blow up vehicles on instant touch then yes.

85) An antic shop where you can purchase (or take) swords and war helmets and other random interesting stuff. Swords should include: a Scottish claymore, a Japanese Katana and a roman Gladius.
What would be the point? If you could sell them on the black market in the game then maybe.

86) A time machine phone box like in Docter Who / Bill & Ted - where you can visit the older PS2's Vice City and San Andreas - the graphics and people of the older city remaining the same - only you being the graphically updated character.
There wouldn't really be a point.

87) Sticks of dynamite that you can light with a fuse.
Would be a pretty cool alternative rather than grenades.

88) A can off gasoline you can soak things/people with and light with your lighter or a cig you previously lit with the lighter.
That would be realistic and cool.

89) Throwing knives.
It wouldn't work in a GTA game. The only reason it works in games such as Assassin's Creed is because that game is set in the medieval times, GTA is generally set in the modern era.

90) Ninja stars.
Yes depending on where the game is set.

91) Access to inside the airport.
As in Vice City, then yeah.

92) Natural disasters - floods, earth quakes, volcano etc. A cheat that can also select either of these like the weather cheat.
Hurricanes, floods, etc; yes. Earth quakes, volcano, etc; no. Unless if it is activated by a cheat.

93) A Tommy gun.
Yes.

94) A Magnum 44.
Also, yes.

95) A 357 Magnum - like Dirty Harry.
I don't know.

96) The ability to drop the aluminium baseball bat to the ground after use - or any weapon for that matter. Love the noise of this.
Deepending on the situation, then yes.

97) The ability to strangle someone with your bare hands.
Wire or whatever would defeat the purpose of this.

98) The ability to choke someone out with a sleeper hold - holding for longer to insure death.
Would be realistic, but wouldn't wire defeat the purpose?

99) Chloroform and a rag to knock people out with - as in the game Hitman for PS2.
I probably wouldn't find myself using it that much as I would be strangling people instead.

100) The ability to drag/carry a body around - as in the game Hitman for PS2.
Would help in hiding the evidence.

AKIRA-SAN
  • AKIRA-SAN

GTA Traditionalist

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:43 AM

TBH, most of his ideas sucks bigtime. What R* should do for GTA is think of new ideas for the game, not rehashing the old ideas from the older games. Plus this guy is one sick dude. We should ignore this guy.

Thatguy238
  • Thatguy238

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:03 AM

Mostly good ideas, although a good chunk of them suck donkey balls but I think you know which ones I mean.

Also, NO invincibility cheat. Let's face it, cheats aren't in this game to eliminate all challenge, it's in there to create NEW challenges. Hell, you could argue that there's a whole new game built around the cheats themselves, and IMO they should give us more extravagant cheats, but never anything that makes us outright impervious to losing.

However, a NO COP cheat would be most welcome.

uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:27 AM Edited by uzi 9mm, 31 December 2009 - 11:30 AM.

If you're saying GTA4 sucked because these 100 things weren't in the game you are off key.

First exclude all the cheats you included as points. What is so good about jumping that high? also you mentioned too many weapons, and while I agree the more the better, the game wouldn't be that much greater.

Then you say no voice for the character, that's just pointless, Niko's voice doesn't make the game worse. That's just your persoal prefference. Only a few of the 100 points are good, I like the stanley knife, Sharks in waters is cool but can be annoying as everytime you go in the sea you can die. Also the weather conditions is a good one.

@ bobgtafan, I don't think they should add kids to the game, if running kids down and killing them is your cup of tea then you're on your own mate.

I do think they should put animals, is it really offensive to shoot down a dog when you kill human beings? I'd like to think people are more important than animals, I mean we eat animals for f*cks sake. Besides, you can kill animals in CoDMW2, what what's the big f*cking deal R*. Stop being pussy holes.

You should have a changed the topic name, because GTA4 didn't 'suck' because these features weren't included, you should have just called it '100 cool new things' or something. As the topic title tells people that GTA4 sucked, and just because of the list of 100 features you said, when these features won't really improve the game THAT much.

I'd say the best things I would add are basically improved features that already exist in the game.

Like (as you said) bullet holes in people, dismembered limbs, improved car crash damage (I'm think they done a good job already but it can still be improved drastically IMO), slightly more destuctable buildings (like the way cracks appear in IV, it's sign R* are trying), maybe bricks falling out and more dust and debris. I also think you should be able to fly as high as a plane can really go, it's neer going to reach outer space before burning up anyway, this can be a problem though as the game world would have to be reasonably big as reaching certain heights would look wierd when looking down at the tiny city the game is set in, surrounded by untold water, this could be solved by just adding loads of clouds below you to block the image of the real city. The same should be done for going deep in the sea. Certain depths could only be reached by sub though, and I'm sure with next gen consoles, they could makea nice looking underwater world. Can we please see some boobs too, especially in strip clubs, I mean if you pay money for titties, you should see titties!

Suihkubad
  • Suihkubad

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:19 PM

Why do you want so much gore. I know a GTA must be violent to be good, but beheading with a cheese slicer? Why?

Sgt_Tricore
  • Sgt_Tricore

The Russian

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Rucke @ Dec 27 2009, 20:59)
GTA IV didn't suck. But I hope they add some more features for the next game because when the story was completed there wasn't much left to do.

it was good before glithes.
i couldnt drive one minute without all the textures dissapearing, and me crashing into invisible cars.
i would get busted from 20 feet away, and theres a bunch of stuff that could be added

LostSoul 301281
  • LostSoul 301281

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:46 PM Edited by LostSoul 301281, 01 January 2010 - 05:50 PM.

Not to completely trash the OPs idea, but there are so many things listed there that need to be kept far, far away from GTA.
Changing body size(through eating or working out), being able to shoot yourself in the head, and pretty much anything associated with San Andreas.
And any form of full character customization like Saints Row should be left out of GTA.

GTA 4 was almost perfect.
All that was needed was:

A big change the friendship/dating system so that friends never call you. You have to call them.
This would stop you being interrupted when you're just bumming around between missions and exploring the city.
I want to leave my phone on as there are interesting phone calls and texts that happen, but I don't want to be bugged every five minutes by a friend wanting to go drinking, bowling or go to a strip club.

More side missions were needed.
What about an on-going taxi mission, or even adding back in the paramedic and fire truck missions?
And what about the rampages from GTA 3? Only, after you've completed all of them, you can go back later and re-play them for fun.
Something that keeps the game going after you've finished the story, other than just the friend activities.

One really big thing that was missing from GTA 4 was actual in-game rewards for completing things like shooting all the pigeons and completing the unique stunt jumps.
Free weapons and health items and special outfits at your safe house, and special vehicles in specific locations, that sort of thing.

Better cheats as well.
Remember the "pedestrians riot" and "pedestrians carry weapons" cheats from GTA 3?
And has anyone seen the heavy bus mod for the PC? That would have been a great cheat.

Edit: One more thing that is definitely need is more random-ness.
I know there already is a great deal of random events, a lot of which you may only ever see once, but some things are far too rare.
Bring back the muggers from GTA3 so that there are more chances of peds fighting randomly.

Sgt_Tricore
  • Sgt_Tricore

The Russian

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Dec 31 2009, 06:24)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Dec 31 2009, 06:08)

I personally wouldn;t care that much either way if kids were included. I mean it would cause alot of heat for R*, but like you said it's actually no different then killing the elderly.

Aman to that! But yeah the only reason GTA or any open world game have never had killable kids is because it would be a media sh*t storm. If I were a small third party delevoper I would do if for free publicity. Fallout 3 did have kids but they just weren't killable. Would that be too hard at least?

i remember a gta mod for sims, but it vanished.
you could run around the street and slice people with knifes, shoot their brains out, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users