Photo

[REL] GTA IV Ivaud Editor Made by Vilavek

143 replies to this topic
Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:55 PM

While weíre on the subject of minutia, yes, the DviAdpcmDecoder and encoder classes have since been consolidated into a single ImaAdpcm class. Iím not sure why SparkIVís code has this named DviDecoder. Dvi and Ima are interchangeable, and officially the format is referred to as IMA, not DVI, since being adopted by the Interactive Multimedia Association shortly after the creation of DVI in 1992. Iím glad I spent time talking about this nearly entirely irrelevant issue.

NTAuthority, it is obvious that you are providing non-constructive criticism for the sake of providing non-constructive criticism highlighted by the occasional ďwell thatís obviousĒ, about a version of my program which was originally not intended for release. Iím not sure what I did to offend you but, I just want to be sure you donít think this is a cock measuring contest, because if you do then I donít personally get off on these sorts of Ďwhoís the betterí debates in forums. Personally, I have found just about every post you have made regarding GTA-IVaud negative, and totally non-constructive.

You obviously claim to be a skilled and impressive coder, as anyone who remotely cares can gather from your posts. Thus, I have a radical suggestion NTAuthority, since you obviously care a hell of a lot more than I do about my project, I will abandon the GTA-IVaud project, and you can step in, start your own project, and feel superior for a while in my wake if thatís the sort of thing youíre looking for. No?

If this sounds good to you, feel free to drop me a line if you hit any walls along the way and I will truthfully offer assistance to you conducive to project success, with no hard feelings, as opposed to the criticism you have offered me in your past few posts. If not, feel free to rip my post entirely apart and out of context as you have with your previous replies to my posts. Iím sure you would anyway.

GTA-IVaud put on hold
To clarify for all those interested in version 1.2 of GTA-IVaud, I have decided to abandon the GTA-IVaud project for the time being. I have too much on my plate, and not enough free time to devote to the audio modification utility. Version 1.1.5 will remain as the final version of GTA-IVaud until such time that I can pick it up again. Itís been fun, but even if I had the time, dealing with the modding community pretty much killed any desire I had in completing the project. Developers interested in source-code and information can feel free to send me a private message.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:02 PM Edited by zerofreeze, 19 January 2010 - 10:08 PM.

QUOTE (Vilavek @ Jan 19 2010, 21:55)
While weíre on the subject of minutia, yes, the DviAdpcmDecoder and encoder classes have since been consolidated into a single ImaAdpcm class. Iím not sure why SparkIVís code has this named DviDecoder. Dvi and Ima are interchangeable, and officially the format is referred to as IMA, not DVI, since being adopted by the Interactive Multimedia Association shortly after the creation of DVI in 1992. Iím glad I spent time talking about this nearly entirely irrelevant issue.

NTAuthority, it is obvious that you are providing non-constructive criticism for the sake of providing non-constructive criticism highlighted by the occasional ďwell thatís obviousĒ, about a version of my program which was originally not intended for release. Iím not sure what I did to offend you but, I just want to be sure you donít think this is a cock measuring contest, because if you do then I donít personally get off on these sorts of Ďwhoís the betterí debates in forums. Personally, I have found just about every post you have made regarding GTA-IVaud negative, and totally non-constructive.

You obviously claim to be a skilled and impressive coder, as anyone who remotely cares can gather from your posts. Thus, I have a radical suggestion NTAuthority, since you obviously care a hell of a lot more than I do about my project, I will abandon the GTA-IVaud project, and you can step in, start your own project, and feel superior for a while in my wake if thatís the sort of thing youíre looking for. No?

If this sounds good to you, feel free to drop me a line if you hit any walls along the way and I will truthfully offer assistance to you conducive to project success, with no hard feelings, as opposed to the criticism you have offered me in your past few posts. If not, feel free to rip my post entirely apart and out of context as you have with your previous replies to my posts. Iím sure you would anyway.

GTA-IVaud put on hold
To clarify for all those interested in version 1.2 of GTA-IVaud, I have decided to abandon the GTA-IVaud project for the time being. I have too much on my plate, and not enough free time to devote to the audio modification utility. Version 1.1.5 will remain as the final version of GTA-IVaud until such time that I can pick it up again. Itís been fun, but even if I had the time, dealing with the modding community pretty much killed any desire I had in completing the project. Developers interested in source-code and information can feel free to send me a private message.

Im glad you still released 1.1.5 and alot of people still support your effort on the project even though you dont have alot of time to spend it all on your project, Still great work biggrin.gif

And i did a dumb thing to send you this topic at first because everyone is criticizing of what you do. People really dont deserve these things wink.gif

gr8man
  • gr8man

GTA IV Wizard

• Members

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:01 PM

People understand what they had when they lost it.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Vilavek @ Jan 19 2010, 22:55)
[...] shortly after the creation of DVI in 1992. Iím glad I spent time talking about this nearly entirely irrelevant issue.

I'm not even asking about those details, nor was I trying to get any of you mad at me... or trying to be offensive, which could be a misunderstanding (English is not my native language). (it could be I selected the wrong quote, I also seem to find some things (semi-)offensive... but I mostly ignore it)

NTAuthority, it is obvious that you are providing non-constructive criticism for the sake of providing non-constructive criticism highlighted by the occasional ďwell thatís obviousĒ, about a version of my program which was originally not intended for release.

I did not know about the part of the version originally not being intended for release, and was just posting my findings about the program, whereas 'findings' can't be regarded as criticism. Also, forum topics for tools/modifications can't be just meant for criticism, can they? tounge.gif

Iím not sure what I did to offend you

Same with me, I'm not offended... are you? sad.gif

because if you do then I donít personally get off on these sorts of Ďwhoís the betterí debates in forums. Personally, I have found just about every post you have made regarding GTA-IVaud negative, and totally non-constructive.

Me neither, and my posts were absolutely not intended as being negative - I was just trying to help. Heck, it's great that someone takes one of the harder parts of using a format that is already mostly known away and makes a tool for it; I'm still waiting for a SCO tool so that we can finally do away with the complexity of script hooks... we know the format, and there should be enough people with knowledge about compiler construction, if there are any left.

Huh, what, no, my only interest about IV audio files was getting my GTA: Episodes audio extraction patch for SparkIV to work, which I'm already finished with... and making tools that do exactly the same as other maintained well-working tools without an underlying reason (openness, reusability, major lack of features) is useless.

If this sounds good to you, feel free to drop me a line if you hit any walls along the way and I will truthfully offer assistance to you conducive to project success, with no hard feelings, as opposed to the criticism you have offered me in your past few posts.

I, as well, do not have time for such a major project, and was not intending to bash on your tool anyway. Still, thanks for the offer. (sorry if that last sentence came over offending again)

If not, feel free to rip my post entirely apart and out of context as you have with your previous replies to my posts. Iím sure you would anyway.

I really did not mean to come over offensive/offended... as I said, English is not my first language, and I'm just replying to specific sections since formulating a complete reply to all sections at once is a lot harder. Also, I try to come over as non-offensive as possible by re-formulating some sentences, but - sadly - sometimes I fail at that, or people understand even more wrong.

Itís been fun, but even if I had the time, dealing with the modding community pretty much killed any desire I had in completing the project.

Exactly why I don't finish many of my own modification projects. If you're interested in more discouraging posts, try reading the tons of replies of why people think a project of mine was useless.

DerPlaya78
  • DerPlaya78

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:34 PM

@NTAuthority:

about the missing filename / hashes thing:
ep2_sounds.dat15 is not included in the pc version of gta4 and still the game can use all samples with just the hashes...

when i did my research, the episodes weren't out and i don't have a console, so it's based on the pc files...

the game itself doesn't need filenames, using hashes is faster anyway.

it's just like a compiled program: when you write it the variable names, function names etc matter. when it's compiled all stuff that isn't exported or otherwise visible to the user is stripped. Like i said i extracted ALL strings from the files that came with gta4-pc, and generated a list of hashes for ALL the sound files: there're still filenames missing.

I know that the xbox version and the episode files contain more info but you shouldn't even be able to view them (not that i care...)

Juggernaut470
  • Juggernaut470

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:55 AM Edited by Juggernaut470, 31 January 2010 - 05:21 AM.

Nevermind.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:49 PM

Hey, I try to open the theme tune audio, and I get an error when I click on one of them, and there are 2 inside them, this is the error:
CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'c:\TEST.WAV' is denied.
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
  at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.WriteAllBytes(String file, Byte[] data, Boolean append)
  at GTA_IVaud.ivaudMulti.Play(Int32 Index, Boolean bLoop)
  at GTA_IVaud.frmMain.PlaySelected()
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
GTA-IVaud Editor
   Assembly Version: 1.1.5.0
   Win32 Version: 1.1.5.0
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jacob/Desktop/Last%20GTA%20IV%20Modding%20Work/Sound%20Editor/GTA-IVaud_1.1.5.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
   Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Cheers if anyone can help.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

How come when I replace car sounds, they sound completely different in game? I mean it's the same PCM signed, 16 bit mono, 44100 Hz (if not idle, because that's 24000 Hz) and has the same length. The sound itself is looped, so it's not like a car revving up, but a car keeping an exact rev. BTW sounds are from TDU. I've tried doing 350Z sounds for sultanrs, tried Z06 sounds for Coquette, and Murcielago sound for Infernus. None of them worked. They sound weak, and it makes me feel I'm driving a Prius. I tried changing the sound's pitch too confused.gif
Any help?

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:05 AM

@Rob.Zombie: Not all variables within an ivaud file have been identified just yet. It could be that there are file-type stored variables for playback rates and other information required for engine sounds in-game. I myself tried replacing vehicle audio with my tool back with version 1.1 and ran into the same problem you have described, I had planned to look further into it and resolve the issue before releasing version 1.2.

The current version (1.1.5) was intended as a pre-release to version 1.2, resolving some bugs from version 1.1 and adding makeshift filename support which will also be different in version 1.2. To date, I have assembled a rather long list of issues associated with GTA-IVaud that need to be resolved, and a list of features which I plan to add support for. These will all be presented in 1.2. For the time being, keep in mind that the tool is heavily considered to be in beta, though the title does not convey as much.

For all those who are interested, I do still plan on releasing version 1.2 in the future, though for the time being I have set the project aside since, unfortunately, I just donít have the time to work on it until the end of the current academic semester, at which time I will pick it up again and continue from where I left off. =)

@Indi: Currently, GTA-IVaud does not support opening compressed ADPCM audio of which the vast majority of the music in GTA4 consists. Version 1.2 will allow you to open, extract, and replace these sorts of audio files.

@NTAuthority: Good to know, icon14.gif

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:09 PM

I have started work on version 1.1.6. I have also recently obtained my own domain name -> www.vilavek.com which has gta-ivaud hosted, as well as an official forum where GTA-IVaud bugs and issues should be brought to my attention. I have also posted information about version 1.1.6 in my forum as well. That being said, I will not be checking other forums very often! Issues should be posted in the official GTA-IVaud support thread at http://forum.vilavek.com icon14.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:28 PM

I hope you can fix those vehicle audio bug issues smile.gif
I'd really like to have the sounds from TDU to my car biggrin.gif

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:41 AM

Vilavek, for this moment you can open, import/export compressed IVAUD files?

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:25 AM

Did anything happen to this tool? I was looking forward to future releases, and the tool seemed to have a lot of potential.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Indi. @ Mar 30 2010, 02:25)
Did anything happen to this tool? I was looking forward to future releases, and the tool seemed to have a lot of potential.

http://forum.vilavek...pic.php?f=3&t=4

Check vilaveks forum for questions and to keep yourself up to date colgate.gif a

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:59 PM

Does anybody here use GoldWave or Audacity? Do you guys know how to add "bass" to a (gun) sound?

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Mar 31 2010, 16:59)
Does anybody here use GoldWave or Audacity? Do you guys know how to add "bass" to a (gun) sound?

I use goldwave Effect>Filter>Equalizer smile.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

Any updates? I'm dieing to get F355, F430, Murcielago LP670-4... *3 years and 22 weeks later* ... and 300C SRT8 sounds in my game, but the current tool f*cks up the sounds (makes them sound like an RC car)

jclewis
  • jclewis

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:50 AM

does this work with EFLC?

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (jclewis @ Apr 27 2010, 07:50)
does this work with EFLC?

yeah i think it does as i have seen sound mods for EFLC

jclewis
  • jclewis

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

Oh really.. i have yet to find ANY sound mods for eflc.. where are they? aNd is it confirmed that this tool can show the file names with the sounds? I want to update my weapon sound mod

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:47 AM

Hai peoples. I am unsure if my tool works with EFLC! It has been a while since I have touched upon GTA-IVaud and someone posted on my forum that the EFLC audio files have been encrypted, can someone confirm this for me? Also, @jclewis, version 1.1.5 of my tool does show file names for most audio entries in ivaud archives. Progress on 1.1.6/1.2 has been extremely slow going, (if not nonexistent at times), on account of another project I have been collaborating on with some folks. Honestly, I am a bit surprised that the functionality GTA-IVaud offers hasn't been included in recent versions of SparkIV or OpenIV yet. Audio must not be a priority for those developers I suppose.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (Vilavek @ May 6 2010, 06:47)
Hai peoples. I am unsure if my tool works with EFLC! It has been a while since I have touched upon GTA-IVaud and someone posted on my forum that the EFLC audio files have been encrypted, can someone confirm this for me? Also, @jclewis, version 1.1.5 of my tool does show file names for most audio entries in ivaud archives. Progress on 1.1.6/1.2 has been extremely slow going, (if not nonexistent at times), on account of another project I have been collaborating on with some folks. Honestly, I am a bit surprised that the functionality GTA-IVaud offers hasn't been included in recent versions of SparkIV or OpenIV yet. Audio must not be a priority for those developers I suppose.

Yeah it was encrypted then Alex decrypted it heres the link to the tool

http://www.gtaforums...entry1059912532

I had the same thought why didnt they add your tool in sparkiv or in openiv whatsthat.gif

But you may contact them smile.gif

http://openiv.com/ colgate.gif

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:28 PM

Well unless I am mistaken, OpenIV/SparkIV already have the ability to extract audio just as GTA-IVaud can, I believe they can even extract compressed audio such as music correctly, (which the current version of GTA-IVaud cannot do). It would only take reversing that process to enable them to replace audio, and better than GTA-IVaud currently does i'd imagine. Half the code + functionality is already there! In all honesty, GTA-IVaud was a first for me in many ways. First modding tool i've ever attempted to design, first venture into an undocumented file format, first venture into compressing/decompressing audio, first time ever playing with hashing algorithms, et cetera. I think for a bunch of first time attempts I did a fairly decent job and I learned alot from the process, but, looking at OpenIV and SparkIV, I seriously believe it would take them a total of 12 to 16 hours time tops to implement the functionality GTA-IVaud offers. I just think Audio isn't a priority for them.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (Vilavek @ May 8 2010, 22:28)
Well unless I am mistaken, OpenIV/SparkIV already have the ability to extract audio just as GTA-IVaud can, I believe they can even extract compressed audio such as music correctly, (which the current version of GTA-IVaud cannot do). It would only take reversing that process to enable them to replace audio, and better than GTA-IVaud currently does i'd imagine. Half the code + functionality is already there! In all honesty, GTA-IVaud was a first for me in many ways. First modding tool i've ever attempted to design, first venture into an undocumented file format, first venture into compressing/decompressing audio, first time ever playing with hashing algorithms, et cetera. I think for a bunch of first time attempts I did a fairly decent job and I learned alot from the process, but, looking at OpenIV and SparkIV, I seriously believe it would take them a total of 12 to 16 hours time tops to implement the functionality GTA-IVaud offers. I just think Audio isn't a priority for them.

Yeah i guess your right, but it still would be nice if they had time for it to implement the function biggrin.gif

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:00 PM

K so. I am currently working on version 1.2 of GTA-IVaud, and I plan on including support for multiple written/read languages. As a matter of fact, the system is already in place, and just requires me to add additional languages. Besides English, does anyone have any suggestions for which languages I should add support for? E-Mail me or post!

Besides languages, since GTA-IVaud version 1.2 is being actively developed by me right now, if anyone has any suggestions at all regarding features they would like to see in the next version, send me an e-mail! So far, I plan on version 1.2 being able to pretty much do just about everything spoken about here that previous versions can't do.

Vilavek at hot mail dot com

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

Nice to hear that, great news. smile.gif One of the modding things I'm mostly waiting is to change the radio music... Keep up the good work. icon14.gif

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (voodoo48 @ May 17 2010, 15:27)
Nice to hear that, great news. smile.gif One of the modding things I'm mostly waiting is to change the radio music... Keep up the good work. icon14.gif

Lucky for you, that is the part of the program I am currently working on right at this moment. =P It is probably the most complex and time consuming part but i'll crack it eventually!

dalte89
  • dalte89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:51 PM

Vilaaaaa i love this tool man, its freaking amazing. Thx for working on it more. On thing i really wanted is to be able to import and replace multiple sounds with one selected sound. Like for example, in gta 4 theres some gun sounds that have about 4 variations to import over every time u import a sound. So u gotta import that same sound over n over like 4 times.

So it would be cool if u cud open the tool, select like those 4 same sounds in the ivaud click import and what ever .wav you select from the browser it imports and replaces over the 4 selected sounds in the ivaud. Dude it would be so much help and save so much time if u did this pleaseeeeeeeeee

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (dalte89 @ Jun 14 2010, 13:51)
Vilaaaaa i love this tool man, its freaking amazing. Thx for working on it more. On thing i really wanted is to be able to import and replace multiple sounds with one selected sound. Like for example, in gta 4 theres some gun sounds that have about 4 variations to import over every time u import a sound. So u gotta import that same sound over n over like 4 times.

So it would be cool if u cud open the tool, select like those 4 same sounds in the ivaud click import and what ever .wav you select from the browser it imports and replaces over the 4 selected sounds in the ivaud. Dude it would be so much help and save so much time if u did this pleaseeeeeeeeee

That I can do sir. =)

roryhynes
  • roryhynes

D______________t

• Members

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:50 PM Edited by roryhynes, 14 August 2010 - 04:53 PM.

I know that if you could you would have all ready, but can you support larger amounts of tracks in the ivaud I'm trying to edit the in-game ringtones.

K so. I am currently working on version 1.2 of GTA-IVaud, and I plan on including support for multiple written/read languages. As a matter of fact, the system is already in place, and just requires me to add additional languages. Besides English, does anyone have any suggestions for which languages I should add support for? E-Mail me or post!

I would suggest Russian as there seems to be a large Russian modding community.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users