[REL] GTA IV Ivaud Editor Made by Vilavek

147 replies to this topic
EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

First of all, great tool! cookie.gif

I have a problem though. I replaced both PISOL_SHOT1_L and PISTOL_SHOT1_R with the same .wav. It goes well, I save it. But if i preview the sound with your tool or SparkIV, the second one sounds different! Like a snowy TV or something.
The files are PCM99 and PCM100 (I think).

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Dec 29 2009, 23:32)
First of all, great tool! cookie.gif

I have a problem though. I replaced both PISOL_SHOT1_L and PISTOL_SHOT1_R with the same .wav. It goes well, I save it. But if i preview the sound with your tool or SparkIV, the second one sounds different! Like a snowy TV or something.
The files are PCM99 and PCM100 (I think).

You need to have it mono not stereo and make sure your converting them 44100Hz 16 bits if you dont know what im talking about then send me the 2 files ill see what your doing wrong

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:50 AM

I replaced those files myself when I modified the weapons.ivaud and I didn't have any problems with them. I am not ruleing out that version 1.1 could have saved the ivaud incorrectly however. This is part of the reason I am redesigning how my program reads and writes ivauds in version 1.2! I agree with zerofreeze, make sure the files you are replacing them with conform to 16-bit mono, at the same sample rates as the original PCM99/100's.

voodoo48
  • voodoo48

The chosen one...

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (Weirdo. @ Dec 29 2009, 21:38)
QUOTE (zerofreeze @ Dec 29 2009, 04:43)
QUOTE (Weirdo. @ Dec 29 2009, 05:30)
QUOTE (Vilavek @ Dec 28 2009, 19:14)
I used GoldWave to modify audio files. As long as you save any sound you have as a 16-bit Mono WAV file you should be able to import it into GTA-IVaud. I'm thinking about designing GTA-IVaud to convert to formats for you, but i'm not sure I want to put the time into all that conversion mess...† bored.gif

You should. People will love it.

Wouldn't that delay version 1.2 confused.gif

And i also use goldwave

Okay, drop it, but at-least post a tutorial on how to edit the sounds with Goldwave.

Open --> Save As. If you wanna convert. Not a big deal.
Anyway, much cookies to Vilavek ( cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif ), this is the program I've been waiting for ages, especially the radio-editor part. So, I'm still waiting, but at least I know that the day I edit radio stations is so close... smile.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

Yeah cookie.gif s for him, I'm waiting for editing music as well. Can't wait to change the irritating loading music biggrin.gif

Symbiote
  • Symbiote

(f.k.a. AngryAmoeba)

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

Unfortunately it sounds like you can only replace the existing music with something of the same length. Is this true? I've been hoping for a while for some way to add extra songs to the default radio stations.

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Dec 30 2009, 18:11)
Unfortunately it sounds like you can only replace the existing music with something of the same length. Is this true? I've been hoping for a while for some way to add extra songs to the default radio stations.

I haven't totally finished interpreting multi-layered ivaud files yet (the ones which hold radio stations and the loading music), but from what I can tell, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to replace them with any other song of any length. The only thing that makes these ivauds different from other ivauds is that they hold compressed audio as opposed to uncompressed ADPCM audio. As far as added new songs is concerned, Iím not sure how that would be possible at the moment since GTA-IV keeps a list of internal filenames which the ivauds refer to through a hash table... o_o

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (Vilavek @ Dec 31 2009, 01:46)
The only thing that makes these ivauds different from other ivauds is that they hold compressed audio as opposed to uncompressed ADPCM audio.

There's not just a difference between ADPCM/PCM audio files, there's also a difference between mono/multichannel audio files. For more information about the base format, try studying the code of SparkIV.

Dvt-MedShot
  • Dvt-MedShot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (Vilavek @ Dec 29 2009, 23:24)
Whats delaying version 1.2 is that I sat down to redesign how my program reads ivaud files. Obviously the previous implementation only worked with specific ivaud files. I want version 1.2 to open and modify any and all ivaud files. So far i've made alot of progress but it's not 100% filetuned just yet. Word.

Well I give you the time you want. Please ignore the "release v2 pLeAse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" people. wink.gif

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:55 PM

Okay, I got a sound, everything's okay, 16-bit, 44100, Mono, but when I export it to .wav, it's 32-bit stereo again! Can anybody help me with this? I use Audacity btw. I'll check if the same thing happens with GoldWave.

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Dec 31 2009, 08:19)
QUOTE (Vilavek @ Dec 31 2009, 01:46)
The only thing that makes these ivauds different from other ivauds is that they hold compressed audio as opposed to uncompressed ADPCM audio.

There's not just a difference between ADPCM/PCM audio files, there's also a difference between mono/multichannel audio files. For more information about the base format, try studying the code of SparkIV.

I've done much of the base format work myself by just setting up templates in 010 Editor. I'm currently tackling Bob Jenkins one-at-a-time hashing in .NET (you'd figure it would be as simple as in C++ but it's prooving to be a nightmare because of how .NET performs bitwise operations)... If I run into any problems when I get to the multichanneled ivaud files i'll take a look at SparkIV's source, thanks for the heads up there. Correct me if i'm wrong but from what i've seen the multichanneled ivaud files contain header information for one file, but two mono audio entry blocks, one for each channel?

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (Vilavek @ Jan 1 2010, 02:43)
I've done much of the base format work myself by just setting up templates in 010 Editor.

At least you have the luck of hex editors which help you, I only work with 'expected' data and counting bytes by hand! tounge.gif

I'm currently tackling Bob Jenkins one-at-a-time hashing in .NET (you'd figure it would be as simple as in C++ but it's prooving to be a nightmare because of how .NET performs bitwise operations)...

Strange, I thought the bitwise operators should be implemented equally in the CLR and in CPU implementations... aren't you doing something wrong with unsigned types for instance? Bitwise operations like in hashes go horribly wrong if they're made for unsigned types and you use them with signed integers. tounge.gif

If I run into any problems when I get to the multichanneled ivaud files i'll take a look at SparkIV's source, thanks for the heads up there. Correct me if i'm wrong but from what i've seen the multichanneled ivaud files contain header information for one file, but two mono audio entry blocks, one for each channel?

It sure seems like it, but the structures are not at all equal. To be honest, all my experience with the audio stream format is just flipping tons of integers and trying to get data out of a stream to feed it to a external tool for the strange X360 audio codec... but you find out a lot since I had to go through the entire SparkIV audio source. tounge.gif

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

1.0/1.1 was the result of counting bytes by hand and it failed to meet expectations, so I figured Iíd use a few tools to help me out with 1.2. To date, the structure templates Iíve created for handling ivaud files fit into three different categories and manage to parse information correctly for all ivaud files Iíve thrown at it (though there are some unknown variables here and there and I canít guarantee it until 1.2 is finished and properly tested!) Implementing it all into GTA-IVaud is taking some time however since I have essentially redesigned how it deals with ivauds.

Regarding the bitwise operation issue, I know Iíll get it eventually but when it comes to bitwise operations Iím not overly experienced. While my ultimate goal is to finish version 1.2 Iím trying to make this an educational experience along the way, so copying from open source projects is something Iíve sort of strayed away from since itís somewhat counter-intuitive to the whole educational process. Any and all suggestions are welcome however! tounge.gif

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

It's okay to post this here, right?

Link (.wavs):
http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=9776

Ofcourse credits to 5050gs and Vilavek.

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:11 PM

Nice Glock 22 audio! icon14.gif

NTAuthority, I got the hashing working in VB.NET. The problem stemmed from the fact that VB.NET doesn't support unchecked variables in the way C# does, thus I had to hard-code a function to do it for me, finally correcting the issue and adding support for Jenkins hashing in VB.NET. If anyone wants the source code for performing Jenkins Hashing in VB.NET, they can find it here: http://vilavek.gamek...sher4VB.NET.txt

That being said, version 1.2 now supports displaying filenames. I'm moving on to finish my implementation for multi-channel and compressed audio ivauds. icon14.gif

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:17 AM

Finally displayed filenames, good work Vilavek, v 1.2 will be awesome. icon14.gif smile.gif

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:24 PM Edited by EduardKoeleJuck, 04 January 2010 - 09:59 PM.

QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT @ Jan 4 2010, 00:17)
Finally displayed filenames, good work Vilavek, v 1.2 will be awesome.† icon14.gifsmile.gif

Yep, I can't wait either.

My 750th post!

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:09 PM

Thanks for the support guys. icon14.gif I'm currently working on the decoding and encoding functions for compressed Dvi/Ima ADPCM audio formats which are used in ivauds such as those which hold radio station audio. It's only a matter of time now! biggrin.gif

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Vilavek @ Jan 4 2010, 20:09)
Thanks for the support guys. icon14.gif I'm currently working on the decoding and encoding functions for compressed Dvi/Ima ADPCM audio formats which are used in ivauds such as those which hold radio station audio. It's only a matter of time now! biggrin.gif

Can you make that the Program automaticly makes 16bit etc

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (KingBulleT. 8747 @ Jan 4 2010, 21:09)
Thanks for the support guys.  icon14.gif   I'm currently working on the decoding and encoding functions for compressed Dvi/Ima ADPCM audio formats which are used in ivauds such as those which hold radio station audio. It's only a matter of time now!  biggrin.gif

Just get

Pro Tools or
Audacity

LosAngelesTime
  • LosAngelesTime

you just got NAILED by Niko Bellic

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:30 PM Edited by LosAngelesTime, 06 January 2010 - 03:58 AM.

Good tool

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Jan 4 2010, 21:11)
Thanks for the support guys.† icon14.gif † I'm currently working on the decoding and encoding functions for compressed Dvi/Ima ADPCM audio formats which are used in ivauds such as those which hold radio station audio. It's only a matter of time now!† biggrin.gif

Just get

Pro Tools or
Audacity

or dB Power amb music converter

Goldwave optional

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (zerofreeze @ Jan 4 2010, 23:09)
Thanks for the support guys.† icon14.gif † I'm currently working on the decoding and encoding functions for compressed Dvi/Ima ADPCM audio formats which are used in ivauds such as those which hold radio station audio. It's only a matter of time now!† biggrin.gif

Just get

Pro Tools or
Audacity

Goldwave optional

I have Audacity already and, everytime i make 16-Bit and save it, then open the file again, its a 32-Bit Float and i cant import it.

Also, what the hell is Little Endian?

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (zerofreeze @ Jan 4 2010, 22:09)

Just get

Pro Tools or
Audacity

Goldwave optional

yeah but well Pro Tools is the BEST sound editor ever
oh and what about Sound Forge?
You can do awesome Sound editing there too
this are the tools most Music Producers use in Hollywood and Warner Brothers

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (KingBulleT. 8747 @ Jan 5 2010, 08:37)
QUOTE (zerofreeze @ Jan 4 2010, 23:09)

Just get

Pro Tools or
Audacity

Goldwave optional

I have Audacity already and, everytime i make 16-Bit and save it, then open the file again, its a 32-Bit Float and i cant import it.

Also, what the hell is Little Endian?

Yeah, I also had that problem with Audacity. I posted a few pages back. I suggest using GoldWave, you can just select 16-Bit when you save it.

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:47 PM

I'm a programmer/sound designer, I've been using Goldwave for over a decade now and I have never had any problems with it, thus it is my personal preference. The other tools people in this thread are talking about hold their own for sure. It really depends on what you use the tool for and how much control over the audio you really need! =)

Little Endian versus Big Endian refers to the order in which bytes or bits are stored within a file for specific pieces of data, i.e. from left to right, or from right to left for example.

I got the ADPCM decoder for GTA-IVaud working today, now i'm working on the encoder portion (figured people would want to replace radio station audio, not just extract it!).. tounge.gif

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:38 AM

Awesome, maybe you can make a v1.1.8 or 1.2 beta please biggrin.gif icon14.gif

Vilavek
  • Vilavek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT @ Jan 6 2010, 00:38)
Awesome, maybe you can make a v1.1.8 or 1.2 beta please  biggrin.gif   icon14.gif

Thats not a horrible idea sir. After I finish implementing my decoder into the program i'll release a beta. It still wont support replacing radio station or speech audio just yet, but at least there will be a version out there that supports filenames while I work on implementing the encoder! I'll post something about it tomorrow. icon14.gif

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (Vilavek @ Jan 6 2010, 04:52)
Awesome, maybe you can make a v1.1.8 or 1.2 beta please† biggrin.gificon14.gif

Thats not a horrible idea sir. After I finish implementing my decoder into the program i'll release a beta. It still wont support replacing radio station or speech audio just yet, but at least there will be a version out there that supports filenames while I work on implementing the encoder! I'll post something about it tomorrow. icon14.gif

LOADINGSCREENSOUNDS?!?1?!?!one!1! q@!Q1q!Q1??

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (KingBulleT. 8747 @ Jan 6 2010, 11:49)
QUOTE (Vilavek @ Jan 6 2010, 04:52)
Awesome, maybe you can make a v1.1.8 or 1.2 beta please† biggrin.gificon14.gif

LOADINGSCREENSOUNDS?!?1?!?!one!1! q@!Q1q!Q1??

Like he said he will be releasing a beta first where the filenames can be shown cool.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users